• Published 23rd Mar 2022
  • 1,214 Views, 148 Comments

Sunset Shimmer’s Journey Through Kalos - Brian Sheil



Sunset is determined to prove that her dark past is behind her. A great way is to be a Pokémon trainer

  • ...
5
 148
 1,214

PreviousChapters Next
Sunset meets Professor Sycamore

As Sunset and her friends continue their travels to Lumiose City, a thought came to her head.

"I just thought of something." Sunset said with worry. "As a Pokémon trainer, I'm allowed to carry only six Pokémon. What'll happen if I catch more than six?"

"I'm sure Professor Sycamore has that covered." Izzy said, assuring her that all is well.

"Yeah, Sunset." Sunny added. "Don't forget, we're here to help."

Sunset felt a little relief. "Thanks, guys. I'm glad the three of us are traveling together."

Just then, they were encountered by two people in white suits. One is a man with reddish blond hair. The other is a woman with black hair.

"Sunset Shimmer," The young man said, "we've been expecting you."

SUNSET MEETS PROF. SYCAMORE

"You were waiting for me?" Sunset asked nervously.

"Yes, we were." The young lady answered. "But, there's no need to panic. My name is Suni. And, this is Dexio."

"We were sent by Professor Sycamore to find you." Dexio explained. "Please come with us to his lab."

A little weary, the three girls follow Suni and Dexio. They arrived at Lumiose City. Needless to say, they were all in awe.

"This city is huge." Sunny gasped.

"Lumiose City is always impressive." Dexio said. "But lately, power for most of the city is not on."

"Why is that?"

"We're still trying to figure that out."

The group arrived at a tall building.

"Here's Sycamore's lab." Suni explained. "Follow me."

The girls followed Suni into the building. They went up an elevator, and stopped at the third floor. Sunset and her friends soon met a handsome man with black hair. He has on a blue long sleeve shirt and black pants under a white lab coat.

"Hello, girls." The man greeted.

Izzy realized who it is. "That's Professor Sycamore!"

"No joke?" Sunset wondered.

"No joke."

Sycamore then approached Sunset. She was getting a little nervous.

"So, you're Sunset Shimmer." The Professor said. "I heard so much about you."

"You have?" Sunset asked.

"Yes. From Principal Celestia. She said that you were sent to Kalos to become a Pokémon trainer."

"Just to prove that my dark past is behind me."

This made Sycamore sad. "Oh, yeah. The Fall Formal Nightmare and the Anon-A-Miss incident. Two moments you want to forget about."

"That's for sure."

"Izzy and I are traveling with her." Sunny explained. "This way, she'll be okay."

"Wonderful!" Sycamore cheered. "It's good to have friends to rely on and travel with. So, Sunset. How many Pokémon do you currently have?"

"So far, 5." Sunset replied.

"Excellent. How about showing me how far you've come by battling me?"

"Battling you?" Sunset gasped. "Oh boy."


Pokémon Quiz

Sunset Shimmer here. We have Bulbasaur, Charmander, and Squirtle. Which of these Pokémon was Ash Ketchum's first choice for a starter?


Sunny and Izzy wondered how Sunset would fair against Professor Sycamore.

"Are you ready, Sunset?" Sycamore asked.

"As ready as I'll ever be." Sunset said.

"Then, here's my first Pokémon." Sycamore throws a Poké Ball. "Let's go, Bulbasaur!"

Out pops a turquoise colored creature with a green bulb on its back.

"Oh, wow!" Sunset gasped as she reached for her Pokédex. "A Bulbasaur!"

Bulbasaur, the Seed Pokémon. Said the Pokédex.The bulb on its back absorbs sunlight so it can grow.

Sunset pulls out a Poke Ball and tosses it. "Pidgey, I choose you!"

Out pops Pidgey, who's ready to battle.

"Bulbasaur," Sycamore called out, "Vine Whip!"

Two vines extended and tried to attack Pidgey.

"Dodge it, Pidgey!" Sunset called.

Pidgey soon flew away. The Tiny Bird Pokémon flew around Bulbasaur. Sunset soon gave another command. "Strike back with Gust!"

Pidgey flapped it's wings, and pushed Bulbasaur back until it hit the wall. The impact knocked it out.

"Bulbasaur, return." Sycamore said as he calls back his Pokémon. He soon grabs another Poké Ball, and tosses it. "You're up, Squirtle!"

Out pops a small blue turtle with a red shell. Sunset grabbed her Pokédex to study this Pokémon. "Now, a Squirtle."

Squirtle, the Tiny Turtle Pokémon The Pokédex informed. The shell on it's back let's it glide across the water smoothly.

"Pidgey, return." Sunset said as she recalls Pidgey. She then calls for another Pokémon. "Pikachu, I choose you!"

Pikachu comes out, and is ready to fight.

"Type advantage may not help you here." Sycamore said to Sunset.

"Oh yeah?" Sunset replied. "Pikachu, Thundershock!"

Pikachu lets out some electricity. Sycamore reacted. "Squirtle, use Withdraw!"

Squirtle ducked into its shell. The electric attack struck the shell, but not much damage. Sunset was very surprised.

"Now, it's my turn." Sycamore said with determination. "Let Pikachu have it with Bubble!"

Squirtle let loose a lot of bubbles to Pikachu. Sunset then had an idea. "Dodge it. Then, use Quick Attack!"

Zipping away from the Bubble attack, Pikachu then struck Squirtle. Sunset then seized the opportunity. "Now, use Thundershock again!"

Pikachu's electric attack connected. Squrtle then fainted. Sycamore called Squirtle back and called for another Pokémon. "You're last up, Charmander!"

Out comes an orange lizard with a flame on it's tail.

"First Bulbasaur, then, Squirtle, " says Sunset as she has her Pokédex ready, "now Charmander."

Charmander, the Lizard Pokémon. The Pokédex said. The flame on it's tail shows how healthy it is.

After recalling Pikachu, Sunset made a decision. "You're up, Bidoof."

Bidoof pops out and is ready for battle.

"Charmander," Sycamore said, "use Ember."

Charmander fires a barrage of fireballs at Bidoof. The Plump Mouse Pokémon was hit multiple times.

"Are you all right, Bidoof?" Sunset asked. Bidoof nodded. "Then, let's use that new move you learned. Use Headbutt!"

Despite being Roly poly, Bidoof delivered a powerful Headbutt to Charmander's head. The Lizard Pokémon soon fainted.

"Very impressive, Sunset." Sycamore said as he recalls Charmander. "You put so much love into your Pokémon."

Sunset blushed. "Thank you."

"I decided to present you with a reward." Sycamore presents a box with three Poké Balls. "These Poké Balls have Bulbasaur, Charmander, and Squirtle. I'd like you to pick one."

"Me? Really?"

"That's right. Pick one."

Sunset saw the same symbols when she picked her first Pokémon. She picked up a Poké Ball with a leaf sticker on it. "I choose Bulbasaur."

"Good choice." Sycamore replied as he turns to the other girls. "Which Pokémon would you girls like?"

Sunny made the first choice. "I choose Squirtle."

"And, that leaves me with Charmander." Izzy added.

Sycamore then addresses another subject. "It's my understanding that this is your sixth Pokémon, Sunset."

"It is." Sunset replied. "What's going to happen if I catch more Pokémon?"

"Don't worry. There's a nice area around Route 21 that's a perfect place for Pokémon. So, arrangements were made to make a sanctuary so trainers in Kalos can leave their Pokémon. So, when you capture more Pokémon, that's where they'll go."

This is a relief for Sunset. When they went downstairs, they were met with a tall man with red hair and wearing a black outfit.

"Which one of you girls is Sunset Shimmer?" The man asked.

Sunset stepped up. "That's me."

"Should have recognized those red and yellow hair streaks of yours. My name is Lysandre. And, it pleases me that you are traveling throughout Kalos."

"I'm doing this so I can prove that I'm no longer a nasty person."

"True. The people of this world should live together in peace. War and paranoia tears this world apart. I strive to make a better world. Take care, my friends."

As Lysandre leaves the lab, the three girls felt a little uneasy about him. Later, the girls went to tunnel marked with a number 5.

"Where to next ?" Sunny asked.

"Camphrier Town." Sunset answered. "It's on the way to Cyllage City. Professor Sycamore wants us to help him learn of the amazing secrets of something called Mega Evolution."

"Mega Evolution?" Izzy said. "Sounds interesting."

"That's for sure." Sunny said happily.

The girls soon prepared for their travels.

"Next stop, " Izzy announced.

"Cyllage City!" Sunset added.

"And, Gym Battle number 2!" Sunny finished.

The three girls soon went to Route 5, to continue their journey.

End of Chapter 6


Pokémon Quiz Answer

Hi there. If you said that Ash’s first choice was Squirtle: The Tiny Turtle Pokémon, you’re right.


SUNSET SHIMMER
Fenniken
Pidgey
Pikachu
Bidoof
Ralts
Bulbasaur

SUNNY STARSCOUT
Chespin
Fletching
Squirtle

UZZY MOONBOW
Froakie
Kakuna
Ralts
Charmander


Author's Note:

I figured to add a twist to where extra Pokémon would end up after the limit of 6 Pokémon is reached.

PreviousChapters Next