• Published 23rd Mar 2022
  • 1,217 Views, 148 Comments

Sunset Shimmer’s Journey Through Kalos - Brian Sheil



Sunset is determined to prove that her dark past is behind her. A great way is to be a Pokémon trainer

  • ...
5
 148
 1,217

PreviousChapters Next
Thinking Back on the Journey

The sun is setting at the Pokémon Sanctuary. While Sunny and Izzy were doing some training of their own, Sunset lied down on her bed. The next day, she is heading for the Pokémon League. And, she is getting nervous. Suddenly, she heard a knock on her door. She thought it was going to be Garble and his boys. Or, someone influenced by them. When she answered the door, it turned out to be Starlight Glimmer.

"Taking a cue from Apple Bloom, Sunset?" Starlight asked, trying not to giggle.

Sunset looked at herself, and chuckled a little too. "I guess so. I wish I was under an apple tree at Sweet Apple Acres dressed like this."

"Well, slip on your sneakers and let's step outside. The fresh air will do you some good."

THINKING BACK ON THE JOURNEY

The girls stepped outside to watch the sun set.

"Where are Sunny Starscout and Izzy Moonbow?" Starlight asked.

"They said that they're training their Spinarak and Timburr." Sunset replied. She then saw them coming back. "Here they come now."

"Hi, Sunset." Sunny said. "We're back."

Sunset waved hello to them. Soon, they all hang out together.

"Kind of funny how this all started." Sunset said.

"I know." Starlight replied. "Principal Celestia said that your graduation party didn't go so well."

Sunset thought about that day.

Flashback

It was a festive time at Sugarcube Corner. Everyone was celebrating their graduation from High School. Then, Luster Dawn came into the area. Smolder and Ocelus were with her. Luster then approached Sunset.

"Are you Sunset Shimmer?" Luster asked.

"Yep." Sunset replied. " I'm Sunset Shimmer."

Luster turned to her partners. "Smolder, Ocelus, GRAB HER!"

The two girls grabbed Sunset by the arms. Then, they threw her out of Sugarcube Corner. All of her friends were scared as Luster Dawn approached her.

"Nobody will ever trust you!" Luster growled. "SHE-DEMON!!"

After giving Sunset a slap in the face, Luster and her pals walked off, leaving Sunset quivering and crying.

End of Flashback

"It was hard to believe that some people were still thinking of me as a monster." Sunset said sadly.

"This was before we learned of Garble and his partners in crime." Izzy said.

"Yeah. The day after that, I was approached by Principal Celestia and Vice Principal Luna."

Flashback

They had a feeling that there would still be somebody who would look at me as a bully. Then, they have an idea. They suggested that I head for one of the 8 regions of the Pokémon world and become a Pokémon trainer. There were eight options on where to go. Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova, Kalos, Alola, and Galar. They asked me to choose.

End of Flashback

"And, you chose Kalos." Sunny said.

"That's right." Sunset replied. "And, I'm happy I did."

"Why not? You've been making good progress." Starlight said. "You caught some good Pokémon. And, you have good traveling companions in Sunny and Izzy."

Sunset looked at her two friends, and smiled. Starlight does have a point.


Pokémon Quiz

Sunset Shimmer here with you. Which Pokémon in the Alola Region looks like it has flowing blond hair?


"I'll never forget when I arrived at Vaniville Town." Sunset said. "That's where I got this farmer girl look. And, also where Sprout Cloverleaf lets me choose my first Pokémon."

"Sprout Cloverleaf." Starlight said. "He's friends with you and Izzy. Right, Sunny?"

"You're right." Sunny replied. "Sprout and I both came from Maretime Bay."

Sunset continues her flashbacks. "After I received Fenniken, I met Sunny along Route 1. When she escorted me to Aquacorde Town, that's when I met Izzy."

Starlight looked at the two girls. "Sunset is very grateful to you guys."

"You said it." Izzy replied. "A couple of times when Sunset was having problems, another friend of ours, Zipp Storm, came to help her."

Starlight gave Sunset a little smirk. "I heard she had to have you restrained when you were getting nervous."

"Yeah." Sunset replied sadly. "I can understand why she did that to me, though."

Soon, Sunset and company thought about other good moments during their journey. The friends that helped them, the Pokémon they catch, learning about Mega Evolution, and their constant battles against Team Flare.

"What is your best moment, Sunset?" Starlight asked.

"I think it's whenever I battled and defeated the Gym Leaders." Sunset replied. "Viola, Grant, Korrina, Ramos, Clemont, Valerie, Olympia, and Wulfric."

Just then, a black and blue creature crawled up to Sunset. She looked at him and pulled out her Pokédex. "It's a Deino, the Irate Pokémon."

Deino, the Irate Pokémon. The Pokédex said. Because it can't see, it bites and crashes to explore.

Soon, Dr. Fauna runs in and sees the Deino with the girls. "Sorry, girls. That Deino ran off." She sees Deino cuddling up to Sunset. "Looks like Deino likes you, Sunset. Maybe you should take care of it."

Sunset looks at the little Pokémon. "You want to come with me, Deino?"

Deino nodded happily. Sunset soon hugged her latest Pokémon. The next morning, Sunset and her friends were ready to go. After weeks of training, Sunset feels like she's ready for the Pokémon League.

"To get to the Pokémon League," Starlight informed, " you need to travel along Route 22. Then, go down Victory Road."

"I heard of Victory Road." Izzy said. "Some of the strongest Pokémon trainers hang out there."

"It is a good place to train our Pokémon." Sunny added.

Starlight shook Sunset’s hand, wishing her good luck. "Take care, my friend."

"Thanks, Starlight." Sunset replied. "I'm sure all of our friends are hoping I do good."

"Including me. Bye, Sunset."

Sunset and her friends left the sanctuary, and headed for Route 22. With Sunny Starscout and Izzy Moonbow by her side, Sunset has not much to worry about. At a distance, Garble looks at her with pure rage.

"Sunset Shimmer is on her way to the Pokémon League?" Garble said angrily. "She wasn't supposed to even win her first gym battle when her trip began. Luster, Smolder, and Ocelus will regret turning against me and my boys!"

End of Chapter 44


Pokémon Quiz Answer

Okay, everyone. If you said that it’s the Alolan version of Dugtrio: The Mole Pokémon, you’re right.


Author's Note:

Sunset Shimmer's journey to Victory Road begins next time.

PreviousChapters Next