• Published 23rd Mar 2022
  • 1,214 Views, 148 Comments

Sunset Shimmer’s Journey Through Kalos - Brian Sheil



Sunset is determined to prove that her dark past is behind her. A great way is to be a Pokémon trainer

  • ...
5
 148
 1,214

PreviousChapters Next
Lightening Up in Laverre

The trio of friends arrived in Laverre City. This is the location of Sunset's sixth gym battle. But, ever since the freaky duo of Iron Carl and Mohawk struck her and her partners, she's not very enthusiastic about it.

"Still bummed about what those punks did to you?" Izzy asked.

"Yeah." Sunset replied sadly. "It's like they've heard stories about me. And, wanted to stop me from helping others."

"Don't feel so bad. Sunny and I didn't get a chance to help either."

As the girls enter the Pokémon Center, someone watches from a good distance, it was a light brown haired girl wearing a blue kimono wrapped by a light blue obi.

LIGHTENING UP IN LAVERRE

The girls keep their Pokémon company as they relax and eat some Pokémon food. Sunset still feels a little sad. Just then, the girl that was watching the trio comes into the Pokémon Center. She then comes along to greet them.

"Hello, there." The girl said. "Welcome to Laverre City. My name is Nagisa."

"Pleasure to meet you." Sunny replied.

Nagisa looks at Sunset with concern. "Are you okay?"

Sunset looks at the girl. "Not really."

Izzy explains the situation. "We were helping some of Sunset's friends fight off a pair of leather clad creeps. But, they had the three of us subdued so we couldn't help."

"Sounds like Iron Carl and Mohawk." Nagisa said. "We had problems with them before."

"Those guys were sent away to jail." Sunny added. "There's some kind of relief."

Nagisa turned to Sunset. "Did you get wrapped up by a big red spider?"

"Yes, we were!" Sunset realized.

"Figures. Those punks like to use tactics like that on their victims. That spider is Ariados, the Long Legged Pokémon."

"They also had a big black snake. Any info on that?"

“Sounds like you saw Seviper, The Fang Snake Pokémon."

Soon, the maiden looked at Sunset's Pokémon. "This is a nice variety you have. Pikachu, Gabite, Pidgeotto, Croagunk, Sandile, and Venusaur."

"My Ivysaur recently evolved." Sunset said.

"Wonderful. Do you have a crystal called Venusaurite?"

Sunset soon took out a green sphere. "Right here. I was given this by Professor Sycamore when I received Bulbasaur."

Nagisa smiled as she turned to the other girls. "If you girls received Pokémon from Sycamore, are they fully evolved?"

"You mean if they're Blastoise and Charizard, not yet." Sunny answered.

"But, we do have Blastoisite and Charizardite X." Izzy added.

"Me and my friends can help set up your Pokémon so they can carry those Mega Stones easily." Nagisa said. "Meanwhile, we're having a festival here in Laverre City. Would you like to join us?"

"Not a bad idea." Sunny answered. "It's one way for our friend, Sunset, to relax."

Sunset realized that Sunny Starscout is right. "Okay, you talked me into it."


Pokémon Quiz

It's me. Sunset Shimmer. Which Pokémon does the female form of Snorunt, the Snow Hat Pokémon, evolve into?


The whole area of Laverre City is alive with activity. Games played, food being served, and people showing off their Pokémon. Dressed in a yellow kimono with fire designs, Sunset is actually enjoying herself.

"This whole celebration is amazing." Sunset cheered. "Thank you, Nagisa."

"You're welcome, Sunset." Nagisa replied. "Looks like your friends are enjoying themselves too."

Sunny, dressed in a lime green kimono with dark grass designs was enjoying some ice cream. Izzy, wearing a blue kimono decorated with bubbles, was talking to people. Seeing this activity made Sunset smile.

"Me and my friends love these kimonos you gave us." Sunset praised.

"Might as well dress for the occasion." Nagisa replied.

A young boy with blond hair marched in and started to cause trouble.

"Okay, all of you dizzy dames!" The boy shouted! "Close this nonsense off and go home!"

"Who the heck is that?” Sunset asked.

"That's Henrik." Nagisa said. "He has no respect for female Pokémon trainers. And, tries to discredit us."

Sunset Shimmer got mad. "No respect, huh? I'll show him."

Henrik grabbed a bouquet of flowers and threw in at another girl's face. He then got mad. "Go back to where you came from!"

Just then, Izzy stepped up to confront him. "Not so fast, creep!"

Sunset was at the scene when Izzy stopped her. "Relax, Sunset. I'll handle this."

"Is that so?" Henrik scoffed. "Let's see if you can beat me in a Pokémon battle."

Everybody gathered to see this battle between Izzy and Henrik.

"Here's my Pokémon!" Henrik announced. "Go, Flareon!"

Out pops a red creature with yellow hair, fluffy yellow tail, and a yellow sac around it's neck.

"Flareon." Sunset squealed as she took out her Pokédex. "One of Eevee's evolved forms."

Flareon, the Flame Pokémon and an evolved form of Eevee. Said the Pokédex. It’s fire sac around it's neck us hotter than it's body.

Izzy calls for her Pokémon. "Come out, Frogadier."

Frogadier pops out and prepares for battle.

"That won't stop me." Henrik scoffed. "Flareon, use Fire Fang!"

Flareon charges with a mouth full of fire.

"Let's put out that fire, Frogadier." Izzy said. "Use Water Pulse!"

Frogadier blasted water at Flareon. The Flame Pokémon soon got dizzy. Henrik soon saw Sunset and got angry. He called another Pokémon. "Let's go, Seviper!"

The vicious snake popped out and is ready to strike. Sunset's Pokédex comes alive with information. Seviper, the Fang Snake Pokémon. It's sharp tail is often filled with poison.

"What are you up to, Henrik?" Izzy asked.

"A little twist to the battle." Henrik replied as he recalled his Flareon. "Come on. Seviper. LET'S DESTROY SUNSET SHIMMER!!"

Henrik and Seviper pushed people away as they head for Sunset.

"Wait a minute!" Sunset protested. "This battle is between you and Izzy. Leave me out of it."

"SHUT UP, SHE-DEMON!!!" Henrik shouted. "STRIKE HER WITH YOUR POISON TAIL!!!"

Seviper's tail glowed purple. Just as it was going to strike Sunset, it was stopped by Frogadier's Lick attack.

"Nobody hurts my friends." Izzy said.

"That's why we're attacking this bacon haired girl." Henrik said. "She has NO friends."

Henrik saw that Seviper was paralyzed. He recalled his Fang Snake Pokémon, and left the area. He shouted as he left. "I hope Garble wrecks you, Shimmer!"

Everyone was relieved that bully left. Frogadier soon glowed. Izzy was happy, knowing that this means that her Pokémon is evolving. Frogadier soon looked like a ninja with its tongue acting as a scarf.

"Congratulations, Izzy." Sunset said as she pulls out her Pokédex. "Frogadier evolved into a Greninja."

Greninja, the Ninja Pokémon and the evolved form of Frogadier. The Pokédex said. This final form of the Froakie evolution can compress water into throwing stars.

"I'm proud of you, Greninja." Izzy praised. "Thank you."

Izzy and Greninja bowed to each other. Later that night, the festival was over, and the trio went back to the Pokémon Center for the night. Before going to sleep, Sunset was thinking about Henrik's last statement. "I'll bet Garble influenced that boy to try and hurt me. This means he and his goons aren't done with me yet."

End of Chapter 24


Pokémon Quiz Answer

Okay, everyone. If you guessed that a female Snorunt evolves into Frosslass, the Snow Land Pokémon, you’re right.


SUNSET SHIMMER
Pidgeotto
Pikachu
Venusaur
Croagunk
Sandile
Gabite

At the Sanctuary
Delphox
Bibarel
Kirlia
Pancham
Snorlax
Crobat
Lucario
Skidoo
Goldeen

SUNNY STARSCOUT
Quilladin
Fletchinder
Wartortle
Mareep

IZZY MOONBOW
Greninja
Beedrill
Kirlia
Charmeleon
Lapras


Author's Note:

Just a little filler before Sunset’s gym battle.

PreviousChapters Next