• Published 23rd Mar 2022
  • 1,217 Views, 148 Comments

Sunset Shimmer’s Journey Through Kalos - Brian Sheil



Sunset is determined to prove that her dark past is behind her. A great way is to be a Pokémon trainer

  • ...
5
 148
 1,217

PreviousChapters Next
Fossils and Flare

Inside a cave leading to Ambrette Town, Sunset, Sunny, and Izzy were being comforted by a young woman with brown hair and wearing a doctor's outfit.

"There you are, girls." The maiden said. "Your Pokémon are now healed."

"Thank you, madame." Sunset greeted.

The girls soon leave the cave, but were soon confronted by two people they recognized.

"Suni and Dexio?" Sunny gasped.

Izzy was equally shocked. "What are you guys doing here?"

"It's Sunset we're here to see." Dexio replied.

"We have come to update her Pokédex." Sina added.

FOSSILS AND FLARE

"Update my Pokédex?" Sunset wondered. "I don't get it."

"You see," Sina explained, "one kind of Pokédex cannot give information on the many Pokémon here on Kalos."

"Suni is right." Dexio continued. "Your current Pokédex helped you explore Central Kalos. With this upgrade, you'll learn about Pokémon in Coastal Kalos."

Sina and Dexio were handed the Pokédex. After a minute, Sunset received the Pokédex back.

"Now, your Pokédex is updated." Sina said. "See you soon."

The pair soon left the area. Soon, they were confronted by a man wearing a Karate gi.

"Which of you ladies is Sunset Shimmer?" The Karate man asked.

Sunset soon stepped up. "I'm Sunset Shimmer. I take it you're asking for a Pokémon battle."

"I certainly am." He soon threw a Poké Ball. "Let's go, Machop!"

Out popped a gray humanoid creature that looks muscular.

"That's a Machop." Sunny said as Sunset brought out her Pokédex. "The Superpower Pokémon."

Machop, the Superpower Pokémon. The Pokédex said. It likes to exercise in order to build its muscles.

"A fighting type." Sunset figured as she takes out a Poké Ball. "I have the solution for this." She throws the ball. "Ralts, I choose you!"

Ralts pops out, and is ready for battle.

"A Ralts, huh?" The Karate man observed. "This should be interesting. Machop, Karate Chop!"

Machop rushed over to Chop Ralts. Sunset reacted. "Quick, use Double Team!"

Ralts quickly made duplicates of herself. Machop was confused.

"We have a solution for this." The Karate man informed. "Use Low Sweep on all of those duplicates. We'll ferret out the real one."

Machop kicked in a circle. All the duplicates vanished and the real Ralts was hit. Sunset got worried. When Ralts stood up, she was relieved.

"Let's finish this, Ralts." Sunset said. "Use Disarming Voice!"

Ralts sang a loud but beautiful song. Machop was blown back. His trainer caught him.

"That's quite a voice Ralts has." The Karate man praised. "Thanks for the workout."

Sunset was happy that she's being praised instead of being feared. Later, the girls arrived at Ambrette Town. Sunset finished talking to Starlight Glimmer at the Sanctuary when Izzy came to her. "Hey, Sunset. There are two girls who say they know you."

Sunset was confused. When she came outside, she saw a mint green skinned girl with striped teal and white hair. The other girl was cream skinned and has hair that's half pink and half purple.

"Hi, Sunset." The mint skinned girl said. "It's been a while."

"Lyra Heartstrings and Bon Bon!" Sunset gasped. "I never thought you guys would be in Kalos."

"I'm sure that's true." Bon Bon replied. "We heard that you're on a Pokémon journey."

Lyra approached Sunset's friends. "I assumed that you're Sunset's traveling companions."

"You bet." Izzy replied. "My name is Izzy Moonbow. And, this is Sunny Starscout."

"Nice to meet you." Sunny added.

At the Pokémon Center, the five girls got together as two insect Pokémon are with them. One is green and full of leaves, and the other looks like it's cover with gravel Sunset studied them with her Pokédex.

Burmy, the Bagworm Pokémon. Said the Pokédex. This Pokémon is covered by one of three cloaks depending on the atmosphere.

"So, what brings you guys here?" Sunny asked.

"We've come because we heard of fossils being discovered in this town." Bon Bon replied.

"Talk has it that fossils are discovered in Glittering Cave that’s near here." Lyra added. "We have to ride Rhyhorns to get there though."

Sunset has a suggestion. "How about the three of us join you guys."

Lyra was surprised to hear that. "You want to help us?"

"Sure. I'd like to see any Pokémon fossils."

"Good idea. Me and Bon Bon do need to find new friends for our Burmys anyway."

Sunset was happy to help out.


Pokémon Quiz

Hi, trainers. Sunset Shimmer here. By use of a royal themed item, what does Poliwhirl, the Tadpole Pokémon, evolve into?


The girls made their way to Route 9, where the Glittering Cave is. They soon saw a heard of Rhyhorn. Sunset took out her Pokédex to learn of these Pokémon.

Rhyhorn the Spikes Pokémon. The Pokédex said. When a Rhyhorn charges at something, it won't think of anything else.

The girls boarded the Rhyhorn. Lyra and Bon Bon on one, Sunny and Izzy on one, and Sunset rode solo. The three Rhyhorn walked on the rocky trail. Suddenly, they stopped.

"Why'd we stop?" Lyra asked.

They looked ahead, and saw an alligator type Pokémon blocking the way.

"That looks like a Sandile." Sunset said as she pulls out her Pokédex.

Sandile, the Desert Croc Pokémon. Said the Pokédex. They often bury themselves in sand to protect themselves from the sun.

"I have the solution to this." Sunset said as she pulls out a Poké Ball. "Let's go, Bibarel!"

Out pops a beaver with sharp teeth. Izzy looked it in Volume 4 of her book collection. "Bibarel, the Beaver Pokémon and the evolved form of Bidoof. This hard working Pokémon uses it's strong teeth to build sturdy dams."

Sandile kicked sand to try to blind Bibarel. When it's ready to bite the water Pokémon, Sunset reacted quickly. "Bibarel, use Water Gun."

Bibarel fired a stream of water at Sandile. Sunset quickly threw a Poké Ball, and it caught Sandile. The Poké Ball shook a few times, then it clicked.

"Sunset caught that Sandile." Izzy said.

Lyra was concerned when the Poké Ball vanished. "Where did it go?"

"Probably to Dr. Fauna at the sanctuary." Sunset figured.

The group arrived at the cave. After disembarking off the Rhyhorn, they went exploring. Izzy's Charmander was brought out to help light up the darkness.

"This place is a bit scary." Lyra saying nervously.

"Don't worry, Lyra." Sunset said. "That's why Izzy called for her Charmander. His tail can light the way."

They entered a room when they saw a red haired man wearing a red business suit and red lensed sunglasses.

"Intruders sighted." The man said as he threw a Poké Ball. "Sic 'em, Houndour!"

Out pops a black dog with a red snout and a skull on its head.

"That's not good." Bon Bon quivered. "That's a Houndour, the Dark Pokémon."

Sunset pulled out her Pokédex and it gave useful information. Houndour, the Dark Pokémon. If you hear scary howls in the air, it's probably Houndour calling it's friends.

"I got this." Sunny said as she throws her own Poké Ball. "Let's go, Squirtle."

"Houndour," The man commanded, "Ember attack!"

Houndour unleashed some flames which Sunny reacted. "Squirtle, use Withdraw!"

Squirtle ducked in it's shell just as the flame hits. Sunny then followed it up. "Okay, Squirtle. Use Water Gun."

The Tiny Turtle Pokémon blasted a stream of water at Houndour. Nervous, the strange man recalled his Pokémon.

"There’s more like me in this cave." The man informed. "You won't be so lucky."

The man ran off as Sunny recalled her Squirtle.

"Good work, Squirtle." Sunny said happily.

"Stop right there!" Said a woman's voice.

The group saw a brown haired woman dressed the same way as that strange man. With her is what looks like a green blob. Sunset quickly learned about it.

Gulpin, the Stomach Pokémon. The Pokédex informed. No matter how much it eats, it rarely gets full.

Sunset then calls for her own Pokémon. "Go, Zubat!"

From her Poké Ball pops out a lavender bat. Izzy took out her book labeled 'Volume 1’ to look it up. "Zubat, the Bat Pokémon. Even though it has no sight, it uses ultra sonic frequencies from its mouth as radar."

"Zubat," Sunset called, "go Supersonic!"

Zubat lets out a loud screech at Gulpin. Soon, it started thrashing itself.

"Oh no!" The woman shouted. "That Supersonic attack confused my Gulpin." She then called back her Pokémon. "You'll pay for this!"

The woman ran away. The group then saw somebody wearing a lab coat. It was a man with short hair and wearing glasses.

"I thank you for coming." The lab man said with relief. "Those villains of Team Flare confronted me and forced me to dig for fossils."

"Team Flare?" Sunset wondered.

"A criminal organization based here on Kalos." Sunny answered. "Who know what it's goals are."

The lab man pulls out two different rocks. One shapped like a set of teeth, the other shaped like a triangle. "I have here a Jaw Fossil and a Sail Fossil. Who would like to have which?"

Lyra accepted the Sail Fossil and Bon Bon has the Jaw Fossil.

"I work at a research lab that resurrects ancient Pokémon from fossils." The lab worker said. "Be sure to stop by there. For now, let's get out of here before Team Flare sends in more goons."

Everybody agrees and leaves the cave. Later, Sunset, Izzy, and Sunny wait outside the lab for Lyra and Bon Bon.

"Where did you find that Zubat, Sunset?" Sunny asked.

"I found Zubat in the cave we exited to reach Costal Kalos." Sunset explained. "I had it exchanged for Pidgeotto, who's now at the sanctuary."

"I get it. You figured Pidgeotto needed to relax."

Lyra and Bon Bon kept the lab with happy faces.

"We got our fossils restored." Lyra cheered.

"Look what we have." Bon Bon added.

They threw two Poké Balls in the air and out opened two interesting Pokémon. One was like a small blue dinosaur and the other was like a fierce brown T rex. Sunset used her Pokédex to study them.

The blue dinosaur was first. Amaura, the Tundra Pokémon. It can survive arctic temperatures and has a call that brings out colorful auroras. The brown T rex is next. Tyrunt, the Royal Heir Pokémon. With its massive jaw strength, it can accidentally hurt companions while trying to be playful.

"They're awesome." Izzy praised.

"Thanks." Lyra replied. "Everybody back home will be impressed."

Sunset was happy to help two old friends of hers. Because of that they have new Pokémon. From a distance, Luster Dawn was watching at a distance.

"Lyra and Bon Bon were slow to think that Sunset changed." Luster said to herself. "I thought they would doubt her too. I wonder if they know something I don't."

End of Chapter 10


Pokémon Quiz Answer

Okay, everyone. If you said that Poliwhirl evolves into Politoed, the Frog Pokémon, courtesy of the King’s Rock, you’re right.


SUNSET SHIMMER
Pikachu
Bibarel
Ralts
Bulbasaur
Pancham
Zubat

At the Sanctuary
Braixen
Pidgeotto
Snorlax
Croagunk
Sandile

SUNNY STARSCOUT
Quilladin
Fletchindet
Squirtle

IZZY MOONBOW
Frogadier
Kakuna
Ralts
Charmander


Author's Note:

Lyra Heartstrings and Bon Bon were always good friends with each others. Why not give them special Pokémon?

PreviousChapters Next