• Published 23rd Mar 2022
  • 1,214 Views, 148 Comments

Sunset Shimmer’s Journey Through Kalos - Brian Sheil



Sunset is determined to prove that her dark past is behind her. A great way is to be a Pokémon trainer

  • ...
5
 148
 1,214

PreviousChapters Next
A Fairy Tale Battle

Morning in Laverre City. And, Sunset Shimmer and her friends are enjoying breakfast along side their Pokémon.

"I see you traded Gabite for Delphox." Sunny noticed. "A little strategy on your part?”

"Gabite maybe a ground type." Sunset explained. "But, he's also a dragon type. And, dragons are ineffective against fairy types, which is what I hear that this gym leader specializes in."

"Good thinking, Sunset."

Izzy was getting out a treat for her Beedrill and Charmeleon when a small orb fell out of her backpack. "Yikes! That's one of my Rare Candies."

By instinct, Sandile caught it in its jaws and clamped down on it. Sunset saw that, and was upset. "That was not nice, Sandile. That Rare Candy belonged to Izzy."

Sandile suddenly glowed. Then, it grew into a large humanoid version of Sandile.

"Whoa!" Sunset gasped as she reached for her Pokédex. "Sandile evolved into Krokorok!"

Krokorok, the Desert Croc Pokémon and the evolved form of Sandile. The Pokédex said. The membrane around it's eyes keeps sand out.

"I may have lost a Rare Candy," Izzy realized, "but you gained something from my loss, Sunset. A new powerful Pokémon."

Sunset figured that Izzy is right. This might help her in her gym battle.

A FAIRY TALE BATTLE

The trio look around for the Laverre City Gym. They soon ran into a woman with flowing black hair. She wore a light magenta top with overflowing sleeves, black tights and boots.

"Hello." The young woman said.

"Hi." Sunny replied. "Your outfit looks beautiful. Like a fairy tale type princess."

"Thank you. That's nice of you to say that. I'm very happy that people admire my wardrobe, Sunny Starscout."

Sunny was shocked to say the least. "You know who I am?"

"Yes, I do." The woman said. "I saw you and your friends, Sunset Shimmer and Izzy Moonbow, at the festival yesterday."

"How come we never saw someone like you?" Sunset asked.

"I was in disguise. Me and my little friend were watching the activities."

Joining the woman is a little pink and white cat like creature with ribbons on its body.

"Sweet Celestia." Sunset gasped as she took put her Pokédex. "It's a Sylveon."

Sylveon, the Intertwining Pokémon and an evolved form of Eevee. The Pokédex said. It uses auras from her ribbon like feelers to have opponents lower their guard.

Sunset was in love with this Pokémon. That's two evolved forms of Eevee I saw so far.

"Oh my. Where are my manners?" The woman gasped. "My name is Valerie. I'm the Laverre City Gym leader."

"You? A gym leader?" Izzy said. "No way!"

"As they say, Izzy." Sunset said. "Never judge a book by its cover."

"Well said, Sunset Shimmer." Valerie praised. "Now, I feel that you're here for a gym battle."

"You guessed correctly. I have five badges so far."

"Excellent. I have a small request. Can you enter my gym wearing that beautiful kimono you wore from yesterday? I find it more appropriate for my gym than farmer girl clothing. No offense."

Sunset looked at her current look. And, figured that Valerie has a point. Good thing for her that she can keep the kimono Nagisa gave her.

"As you wish." Sunset said. "I shall return in my noble garments."


Pokémon Quiz

What up? Sunset Shimmer here. Which legendary creature is known as the Renegade Pokémon?


Inside the trunk of a giant tree, a setting is ready. It's of a beautiful forest. Sunset was dressed in her kimono and Valerie in her regular outfit. An elegant woman with curly red hair and wearing glasses comes in to make an announcement. "We now present an official gym battle between Gym leader Valerie and Sunset Shimmer of Canterlot City. Each will use three Pokémon. The battle is over when all Pokémon of either side is unable to battle. Furthermore, only the challenger is allowed to substitute Pokémon."

"My first Pokémon," Valerie announced as she tosses a Poké Ball, "is Mawile."

Out pops a small yellow creature with a head attachment that looks like snapping jaws. Sunset took out her Pokédex to study this Pokémon.

Mawile, the Deceiver Pokémon. The Pokédex said. It might look sweet. But, it can strike fast with the jaws on its head.

Sunset soon called for her first Pokémon. "Krokorok, I choose you!"

Krokorok pops out. The battle is ready to begin.

"Mawile," Valerie said, "blow that Pokémon away with Fairy Wind."

Mawile stirred up a wind to hurt Krokorok. Sunset quickly reacted. "Krokorok, use Sand Tomb."

Krokorok caused a sand trap under Mawile. The Deceiver Pokémon struggled.

"Okay, Krokorok." Sunset said, "Finish it with Dig!"

Krokorok dug underground. This got Valerie worried. Just then, Krokorok struck from underground. Mawile soon fainted.

"Mawile is unable to battle." The acting referee announced, "Krokorok is the winner."

"Mawile, return." Valerie said. She looks at Sunset with admiration. "I applaud your cleverness. Knowing Mawile is partially a steel type, ground attacks work nicely."

"Thank you, Valerie." Sunset replied proudly.

"Here comes my next Pokémon." Valerie throws her next Poké Ball. "Come out, Mr. Mime!"

Out pops a pantomime type creature. Sunset decided to learn about it.

Mr. Mime, the Barrier Pokémon. Said the Pokédex. Uses pantomime to create barriers for protection.

"I better wrap this up quickly." Sunset said. "Krokorok, use Dig."

Just as Krokorok started digging, Valerie reacted. "Not this time, Mr. Mime, Dazzling Gleam."

A bright light came out and struck Krokorok. That attack struck him so hard, he fainted.

"Krokorok is unable to battle." The referee announced. "Mr. Mime wins."

Sunset sadly recalled Krokorok. She sees that Mr. Mime is using its pantomime to mock Sunset. She didn’t take that likely. So, she called on her next Pokémon. "Delphox, I choose you!"

Delphox pops put ready for battle. Mr. Mime looks at Delphox like it can beat it as easy as Krokorok.

"I apologize, Sunset." Valerie said. "Sometimes, my Mr. Mime can be very naughty."

"I noticed that when he was teasing me after Krokorok was defeated." Sunset replied.

"Let's get back to the battle. Mr. Mime, use Confusion."

Mr. Mime fired a white beam at Delphox. But, the Fox Pokémon wasn't effected that much as Sunset countered the move. "Let's turn up the heat, Delphox. Mystical Fire!"

Delphox blasted a powerful flame at Mr. Mime. The Barrier Pokémon was overcome by the heat, then fainted.

"Mr. Mime is unable to battle." The referee announced. "Delphox is the winner."

Valerie recalled her Mr. Mime. Some of the girls in kimonos who are watching the battle were intrigued.

"Valerie should train Mr. Mime to show better manners." One girl with red hair said.

"I agree." Another girl with blond hair added. "At least this Sunset girl is showing respect."

Izzy and Sunny were impressed with the girls commenting nicely. Valerie called on her last Pokémon. "Sylveon, let's go."

Sylveon comes out for battle. Suddenly, Sunset calls her Delphox back.

"I'll save Delphox for later." Sunset said as she pulls out a Poké Ball. "My third Pokémon is..." She throws the ball, "Croagunk!"

Croagunk pops out and is ready. Valerie looks at Croagunk with interest.

"Croagunk, the Toxic Mouth Pokémon." Valerie said. "Interesting choice."

"I learned that poison Pokémon have an advantage against fairy types." Sunset informed.

"Let's put that to the test. Sylveon, Disarming Voice."

Sylveon started singing. The voice startled to annoy Croagunk. Sunset reacted. "Croagunk, Mud Shot!"

Croagunk fired a ball of mud at Sylveon. The Intertwining Pokémon was hit hard.

"Let's do this, Croagunk." Sunset said happily. "Let her have it with Venoshock!"

Croagunk fired green goops from it's mouth. The goop hit Sylveon hard. The poison caused Sylveon to get weak. She soon fainted.

"Sylveon is unable to battle." The referee announced. "Croagunk is the winner. The winner of this battle is Sunset Shimmer!"

"Great job, Croagunk!" Sunset cheered. "I knew you can do it."

Croagunk gave Sunset a thumbs up. Suddenly, Croagunk glowed. Everybody watched as the Toxic Mouth Pokémon grew. When the glowing stopped, Croagunk grew taller. And, it's magenta fingers grew longer.

"It seems that your Croagunk evolved into a powerful looking Toxicroak." Valerie noticed.

Sunset looked up her newest Pokémon.

Toxicroak, the Toxic Mouth Pokémon and the evolved form of Croagunk. Said the Pokédex. When it's throat sac is churning, that means it's poison is mixed thoroughly.

"That's great." Sunset said happily. "You did good, Toxicroak."

"You did good as well, Sunset." Valerie praised as she took out a half circle badge with a big jewel on it. "To prove it, I give you the Fairy Badge."

Sunset looked at her badge, and feels so proud. She holds up her badge with honor. "I have the Fairy Badge. That's badge number six."

As Sunny and Izzy get back together with Sunset, everyone wonders what's next.

End of Chapter 25


Pokémon Quiz Answer

Okay, trainers. If you said that the Renegade Pokémon is Giratina, you’re right.


SUNSET SHIMMER
Delphox
Pidgeotto
Pikachu
Venusaur
Toxicroak
Krokorok

At the Sanctuary
Bibarel
Kirlia
Pancham
Snorlax
Crobat
Lucario
Skidoo
Gabite
Goldeen

SUNNY STARSCOUT
Quilladin
Fletchinder
Wartortle
Mareep

IZZY MOONBOW
Greninja
Beedrill
Kirlia
Charmeleon
Lapras


Author's Note:

Next chapter, Sunset and company are off to face Team Flare again.

PreviousChapters Next