• Published 23rd Mar 2022
  • 1,216 Views, 148 Comments

Sunset Shimmer’s Journey Through Kalos - Brian Sheil



Sunset is determined to prove that her dark past is behind her. A great way is to be a Pokémon trainer

  • ...
5
 148
 1,216

PreviousChapters Next
A Rocky Discovery

The sun rises to welcome a new day in Cyllage City. Inside the Pokémon Center, Sunny Starscout stars to stir. She has on a red long sleeve shirt and light teal sleep capris. She looks outside the window, and watches the sunrise. Soon, she hears a knock at the door.

"Who knocks?" Sunny asks.

The voice of Sunset Shimmer answers her. "It's me, Sunny. May I come in?"

"Sure, Sunset."

Sunset comes in, wearing her well known purple pajamas.

"Aren't you tired of wearing those PJs?" Sunny asked.

"It's hard to give up something as classic as these." Sunset giggled.

"That's a good point."

"We're going to have breakfast soon. So, time to clean up and get dressed."

A ROCKY DISCOVERY

As Sunset and her friends enjoy their meal, their Pokémon enjoy some Pokémon food the girls gave them. Sunset has Ivysaur, Pikachu, Bibarel, Pancham, Zubat and Ralts. Sunny as Quilladin, Squirtle, and Fletchinder. Izzy has Frogadier, Charmander, Kakuna, and her own Ralts.

"So, Sunset." Izzy asked. "What's our next move?"

"According to the map," Sunset replied as she looks at the tablet, "We'll need to make our way through Geosenge Town on our way to Shalour City."

"I heard that Geosenge is known for some fascinating rock formations." Sunny informed.

"There are interesting rocks along Route 10 too. Pinkie’s sister, Maud Pie, would have a field day."

Just then, a dull sounding female voice called to them. "You called?"

In steps a grayish blue girl with dull lavender straight hair. She wore a teal shirt, blue jeans, and brown boots.

"Maud?!" Sunset gasped.

"I heard that you're on a Pokémon journey, Sunset." Maud said in her usual monotone voice. "And, I heard that you're making progress."

"I sure am." Sunset opened her badge case. "Have a look."

Maud looked at Sunset's case and a the two gym badges.

"I see you beat Grant at the Cyllage City Gym." Maud realized. "Were Amaura and Tyrunt difficult?"

"A little." Sunset admitted. "What's happening with you?"

"Me and my whole family are checking the rocks along Route 10. You can join us if you wish."

"Might as well. We need to pass Route 10 to reach Geosenge Town anyway."

"Excellent. I'll wait outside."

As Maud walks outside, Sunny realized something. "I wonder if Pinkie’s egg hatched."

"Good question." Izzy replied. "Let's recall our Pokémon and find out."

"After we recall our Pokémon, " Sunset said, "I need to give Starlight Glimmer a call."

Sunny and Izzy figured it's to exchange Pokémon. Later, the girls met Maud outside.

"I hope you don't mind," Maud informed, "I brought my boyfriend with me."

"You mean Mud Briar?" Sunset realized. "Is he and Pinkie getting along?"

"Believe it or not, yes. They are starting to open up to each other."


Pokémon Quiz

Hi, everybody. Sunset Shimmer here. What is the fully evolved form of Geodude: The Rock Pokémon?


The girls followed Maud to Route 10. There, they saw the whole Pie family examine the rocks along the area. Igneous Rock Pie and his wife, Cloudy Quartz, were studying some rocks with a brown rabbit type beast when they saw Sunset.

"Miss Sunset Shimmer." Igneous Rock announced. "Hello, there."

"Hi, folks." Sunset said. "Rocks seem to interest you anywhere."

"That's correct, my friends. When we heard of the rocks near Geosenge Town, we had to show up."

Cloudy Quartz presented Sunset the rabbit creature. "This Bunnelby has been very helpful."

Sunset gets out her Pokédex. "So, that's a Bunnelby. Huh?"

The Pokédex gives her some good information. Bunnelby, the Digging Pokémon. Bunnelby uses it's ears like shovels to dig large holes.

Sunset gave a warm smile. "Very helpful indeed."

She then heard a playful squeal. Sunset soon saw Pinkie cuddling a green dragon like creature with two tusks on the sides. Sunset came to see what's going on when Mud Briar came along wearing a white flannel shirt, black jeans, and beige work boots.

"Maud told me that Pinkie’s egg has hatched." Mud Briar explained. "That Axew she now has looks very sturdy."

Sunset's Pokédex gave some good information. Axew, the Tusk Pokémon. Axew's tusks quickly regenerate no matter how many times they break off.

"Isn't he so cute?" Pinkie squealed.

Soon, Izzy, Sunny, and Limestone joined the group.

"So, Sunset." Limestone said. "What do you think of Pinkie’s new little friend?"

"I think Axew is pretty cool." Sunset replied.

Suddenly, they heard the voice of the youngest Pie sister, Marble. "Somebody! HELP!!"

Everyone turned and saw Marble pushed on the ground and tied up by people in red suits. Sunset recognized them. "It's more goons from Team Flare!"

"I don't know who these Team Flare guys are." Limestone shouted. "But, nobody hurts any of my sisters!"

The group rushes over to confront the invaders.

"What's the meaning of this?" Igneous Rock demanded.

"We of Team Flare are taking over this site!" One of the male members said. "And, nobody will get in our way!"

They unleashed a bunch of Houndour and green electrical creatures. Sunset studied about the green beasts.

Electrike, the Lightning Pokémon. The Pokédex said. Building static electricity in its legs, this Pokémon can run fast.

Sunny reacted by throwing a Poké Ball. "Come out, Squirtle!"

Squirtle popped out as Igneous Rock joined the battle. "I'll handle the Electrike, Miss Starscout. Bunnelby, use Mud Shot!"

Bunnelby blasted a blast of Mud on the Electrike. This gives Sunny some room to deal with the Houndour. "Squirtle, use Water Gun!"

Squirtle blasted the Houndour with blasts of water. Meanwhile, Pinkie comforted Marble.

"Sorry, Pinkie." Marble cried. "They caught me off guard."

"Don't worry, sis." Pinkie comforted as Axew used its tusks to cut the ropes binding Marble.

Sunset, Izzy, and Limestone confronted a flock of Zubat along with a bigger bat.

"That looks like Zubat's evolved form." Limestone said as Sunset pulls out her Pokédex. "Golbat!"

The Pokédex came alive. Golbat, the Bat Pokémon and the evolved form of Zubat. Golbat can suck its bodyweight worth of blood. Doing so may make it hard to fly for a while.

The three girls called for their Pokémon.

"Pikachu!" Sunset called.

"Charmander!" Izzy shouted.

"Houndour!" Limestone called.

All three Pokémon came out. Sunset was shocked at Limestone's choice.

"Houndour may be a bit scary." Limestone explained. "But, it can be very helpful when trained right."

The Zubats charged with Golbat leading.

"Pikachu," Sunset called out, "Thundershock!"

Pikachu unleashed electricity on the Zubats. Izzy gave out her command. "Charmander, use Ember."

"Houndour," Limestone called out, "use your Ember too."

Charmander and Houndour unleashed shots of fire that scattered the Zubats. Pikachu then unleashed a ball of electricity from his tail at the Golbat. Seeing what's happening, the Flare grunts called back their Pokémon and retreated. A female member called out to Sunset and her friends. "We'll be back!"

Mud Briar, who was keeping Maud safe, saw what Pikachu did and informed Sunset. "It appears that your Pikachu has learned Electro Ball."

"Wow!" Sunset cheered. "Congratulations, Pikachu."

Sunset cuddled Pikachu as her friends along with Mud Briar and the Pie family watched with admiration. Sunset, Izzy, and Sunny proceeded to Geosenge Town while Pinkie and her family stayed behind at Route 10. Mud Briar had Maud go somewhere private. He presented her with a Poké Ball.

"Here's a little something from me to you." Mud Briar said.

Maud opened her Poké Ball, and something came out. This developed a small smile on her face.

End of Chapter 12


Pokémon Quiz Answer

Okay, trainers. If you said that Geodude fully evolves into Golem, the Megaton Pokémon, you're right.


SUNSET SHIMMER
Braixen
Pikachu
Bibarel
Ralts
Pancham
Zubat

At the Sanctuary
Pidgeotto
Ivysaur
Snorlax
Croagunk
Sandile

SUNNY STARSCOUT
Quilladin
Fletchinder
Squirtle

IZZY MOONBOW
Frogadier
Kakuna
Ralts
Charmander


Author's Note:

It's been a while since the whole Pie family was together. And, I chose a good Pokémon for Pinkie.

PreviousChapters Next