• Published 23rd Mar 2022
  • 1,214 Views, 148 Comments

Sunset Shimmer’s Journey Through Kalos - Brian Sheil



Sunset is determined to prove that her dark past is behind her. A great way is to be a Pokémon trainer

  • ...
5
 148
 1,214

PreviousChapters Next
Trial 1: Trial by Fire

Morning comes to the building of the Pokémon League. Sunset woke up and looked out the window.

"This is it." Sunset said to herself. "The Trials of the Elite Four starts today. After I defeat all four members, I get to face the champion at the stadium in this location."

After getting dressed in her farmer clothes, Sunset went downstairs to the receptionist.

"Did you sleep well?" The young lady asked.

" I did actually." Sunset replied.

"There's a cafeteria next door. You might as well have some breakfast before your mission begins."

Sunset soon had a toasted bagel with butter and some orange juice. Just then, a young man with red hair wearing a royal outfit approached her.

"Are you Miss Sunset Shimmer?" The young man asked.

"That I am." Sunset replied as she sips some of her juice.

"My name is Albert. And, I am your guide to the Elite Four. As soon as you finish your breakfast, I shall be waiting by the desk. The trials shall soon begin.”

TRIAL 1: TRIAL BY FIRE

Albert explains to Sunset about her mission. "This touch screen has four symbols. A fireball, a water drop, a dragon's head, and a metal gear. Each represents a member of the Elite Four. All you have to do is touch one of those symbols to pick an opponent. So, who shall be your first opponent?"

Sunset looked these symbols over. She thought about the lecture Mr. Cranky Doodle gave her about these skilled trainers. She made a decision, and pressed on the fireball. The background of that symbol glowed white.

"Ah, you decided that your first opponent is Malva." Albert said. "I shall give you five minutes to decide which Pokémon you will need. This computer will let you switch Pokémon on your belt to those at the Pokémon Sanctuary."

After making her decisions, Sunset was lead to a hallway with four doors, each labeled with the same symbols from the touch screen. She entered the door with a fireball on it. Sunset realized that there are torches and bonfires everywhere.

"Oh man." Sunset said, wiping sweat off her brow. "It's hot in here."

"'Just the way I like it." Said a woman's voice.

Sunset saw a pink haired woman wearing a black sleeveless top and red pants with diamond designs on the legs. After adjusting her glasses, the woman looks at her opponent.

"I am Malva of the Elite Four." The woman said. "You must be Sunset Shimmer. I heard many stories about you."

"All of them good, I hope." Sunset replied.

"Yes, indeed. I heard about how you took down Team Flare. Now that you're here, let's see how you do in a four on four battle."

Malva and Sunset got in their places as a blond haired girl wearing a red short sleeve shirt and yellow shorts steps in as a referee.

"Here's my first Pokémon." Malva said. "Go, Torkoal!"

Out pops a red tortoise with a black shell. Sunset pulls out her Pokédex.

Torkoal, the Coal Pokémon. The Pokédex said. They tend to live near coal deposits in mountain areas.

Sunset made her decision. "Garchomp, I choose you!"

Garchomp pops out and stares down Torkoal.

"A Ground and Dragon type." Malva noticed. "Interesting first choice."

The girl acting as a referee made an announcement. "Let the battle begin."


Pokémon Quiz

Hello, everybody. Sunset Shimmer here. Which Fire Pokémon develops traits of Fighting types after evolving?


"Garchomp," Sunset said, "use Dragon Claw!"

Garchomp charges into Torkoal. Malva quickly reacted. "Torkoal, use Smokescreen!"

Torkoal blew a lot of smoke, blinding Garchomp. Even Sunset is starting to get nervous.

"Now, Torkoal!" Malva called. "Flame Wheel!"

A spiraling wheel of fire soon struck Garchomp. But, being partially a ground type, Garchomp wasn't that affected by that attack.

"If Malva wants to play Blind Man's Bluff," Sunset said, "so can we. Use Dig!"

Garchomp digs underground fast. Torkoal was a little confused. Garchomp soon popped out, striking Torkoal. Sunset followed it up. "Dual Chop!"

Garchomp struck Torkoal twice. Torkoal was taken by surprise so much, he fainted.

"Torkoal is unable to battle." The woman announced. "Garchomp wins."

"Torkoal, return." Malva said as she recalled her Pokémon. "That was impressive, Sunset Shimmer."

"Thank you." Sunset replied proudly.

"Here's my second Pokémon. Go, Pyroar."

Pyroar pops out to battle. Handling a Pyroar before, Sunset acted quickly. "Garchomp, Sand Tomb!"

But, before Garchomp can act, Malva quickly reacted. "Pyroar, OVERHEAT!"

Pyroar let out a big blast of flame. Garchomp was consumed by fire. He soon fainted.

"Garchomp is unable to battle." The woman announced. "Pyroar wins."

"Garchomp, return." Sunset said as she recalls her Pokémon. "Nice try. Get some rest." She then made her next choice. "Bibarel, I choose you."

Bibarel pops out ready for action. Malva looked at Bibarel, thinking that it's a pushover. "Pyroar, Echoed Voice!"

Pyroar roared loudly. Sunset reacted. "Dodge, then use Rollout!"

After avoiding the attack, Bibarel curled up into a ball, and rolled to battle Pyroar.

"Strike with Overheat!" Malva called out!

Pyroar fired a flame, but not so powerful. Rollout connected hard however.

"Okay, Bibarel." Sunset said. "Use your new move: Aqua Jet !"

Surrounded by water, Bibarel charged into Pyroar. The water attack knocked Pyroar out.

"Pyroar is unable to battle." The woman announced. "Bibarel wins."

“Pyroar, return." Malva said as she recalls her Pokémon.

"Good work, Bibarel." Sunset praised. "I figured Overheat loses power each time it's used."

Malva got Sunset’s attention. "Bibarel's Rollout won't work against this. Go, Chandelure."

Out pops a lantern type Pokémon with ghostly flames on its head and its arms.

"Chandelure." Sunset said as she pulls out her Pokédex. "A ghost type."

Chandelure, the Luring Pokémon. The Pokédex said. Spirits are often trapped in the human world because of this Pokémon's ghostly flames.

Sunset soon has an idea. "Bibarel, return. I might need you later." She then chose her next Pokémon. "Krookodile, I choose you!"

Krookodile popped out and is ready for battle.

"Let's see what you're up to now." Malva said. "Chandelure, use Flame Burst."

Chandelure fired a blast of flame. Sunset reacted. "Use Dig to avoid that fire."

Krookodile went underground. Chandelure was waiting patiently. When Krookodile came back up, Malva reacted. "Now, use Hex!"

Chandelure energized ghostly energy. Being a dark type, Krookodile was not affected that much. Sunset launched a counterattack. "Krookodile, use Crunch!"

Krookodile soon clamped down on the ghostly lantern. Chandelure soon fainted.

"Chandelure is unable to battle." The woman announced. "Krookodile wins."

Malva recalls her Pokémon. She then looks at her opponent. "I can see that you can adjust to any situation. You are one noble trainer."

"Thank you, Malva." Sunset replied. "I have come a long way from my start here in Kalos."

"Now, time to bring out my last Pokémon. Talonflame!"

Talonflame busted out to confront Krookodile. Malva gave a quick order. "Talonflame, Flame Charge!"

Charging up, Talonflame rushed fast into Krookodile. Between the Flame Charge and the Hex used earlier, the Intimidation Pokémon fainted.

"Krookodile is unable to battle." The woman announced. "Talonflame wins."

"Krookodile, return." Sunset said as she recalls her Pokémon.

The former bully studied this situation. And, makes her next choice. "Pikachu, I choose you!"

Pikachu pops out and is ready for battle. Malva is unimpressed. "What can a little fellow like Pikachu can do?"

"Don't knock it." Sunset replied. "Pikachu helped me out of a lot of sticky situations."

"Talonflame, strike first with Quick Attack!"

Talonflame zipped fast to hit Pikachu. The Mouse Pokémon soon shook off the cobwebs. Sunset gave Pikachu a command. "Pikachu, use Electro Ball!"

Pikachu launched a ball of electric energy from its tail. Malva reacted quickly. "Dodge it!"

Talonflame dodged that electric attack quickly.

"Okay, Talonflame. " Malva said. "Use Flame Burst."

The Scorching Pokémon prepared to attack Pikachu. But, a bit of electric energy stopped Talonflame and Malva got shocked.

"Static comes through again.” Sunset said happily. "Pikachu, let's end this. Use Thunderbolt!"

Pikachu unleashed electricity on Talonflame. The majestic bird was hit so badly, it fainted.

"Talonflame is unable to battle." The woman announced. "Pikachu wins. The winner of this battle is Sunset Shimmer from Canterlot City!"

Pikachu rushed over to be cuddled by Sunset. The former bully won her first battle against the Elite Four. After recalling Talonflame, Malva went over to Sunset.

"Congratulations, Sunset." Malva praised. "Your strategies are very exceptional."

Sunset blushed. "That's nice of you to say that."

"Now, you can head back to the reception desk. Albert will be waiting for you."

After recalling Pikachu, Sunset went back to the desk. Albert was indeed waiting for her.

"Well done, Miss Shimmer." Albert said. "You have defeated one of the Elite Four. Look at the screen."

Sunset looked at the computer screen from earlier. The four symbols are displayed. But, the background of the fireball turned lime green.

"The lime green color indicates that a member of the Elite Four is defeated." Albert explained. "You currently have three more to face. Now then, it's time for your Pokémon to heal."

Sunset hands the four Poké Balls to the receptionist. She puts them on a machine with six slots in them. As soon as the balls are in the slots, the machine starts working. A few seconds later, the receptionist hands Sunset her Poké Balls back. "There you are, my friend. Your four Pokémon are healed."

Later, in her room, Sunset brought out Pikachu, Garchomp, Krookodile, and Bibarel.

"I'm proud of you guys." Sunset said happily. "We have faced the first obstacle in our path to the Pokémon Champion."

Her Pokémon are happy for her. That machine healed them good.

"Time to return and rest up for tomorrow." Sunset informed.

The Pokémon return to their Poké Balls. Sunset rested as well. This way, she'll be ready for her next challenge.

End of Chapter 48


Pokémon Quiz Answer

Okay, Trainers. If you said that it’s Pignite: The Fire Pig Pokémon, you’re right.


Author's Note:

The opponents get tougher as Sunset will discover next time.

PreviousChapters Next