• Published 23rd Mar 2022
  • 1,217 Views, 148 Comments

Sunset Shimmer’s Journey Through Kalos - Brian Sheil



Sunset is determined to prove that her dark past is behind her. A great way is to be a Pokémon trainer

  • ...
5
 148
 1,217

PreviousChapters Next
What’s Rockin’ at Geosenge?

Sunset and her friends continued their way to Geosenge Town. On the way, Sunny Starscout faced another trainer. It was a curly haired woman who has with her a brown lion cub. Sunset Shimmer decides to study this Pokémon.

Litleo, the Lion Cub Pokémon. Said her Pokédex. Able to go on its own at an early age. When angry, it's mane becomes hot.

"Let's do this, Squirtle!" Sunny shouted.

Squirtle pops out and faces this fire type.

"Litleo, use Headbutt!" The trainer called.

Quickly, Litleo headbutted Squirtle. The woman followed it up. "Now, use Fire Fang!"

Litleo charged with a mouthful of fire. Sunny quickly reacted. "Quick, Squirtle! Use Withdraw!"

Squirtle ducked into its shell before Litleo clamped down. The shell proved to be too hard to bite through.

"Time to wrap this up." Sunny said. "Use Water Pulse!"

Squirtle blasted Litleo with a stream of water. The impact caused Litleo to faint. The trainer called back her Pokémon.

"That's one powerful Water Pulse, Miss Starscout." The woman praised. "Your Squirtle is a great water type."

Just then, Squirtle started to glow. He started to get bigger. When the glowing stopped, Squirtle was replaced by a bigger turtle with a fluffy tail and furry ears.

"Oh my." The woman cheered. " Your Squirtle just evolved into a Wartortle."

"So, that's a Wartortle ." Sunset said as she pulls out her Pokédex.

Wartortle, the Turtle Pokémon and the evolved form of Squirtle. The Pokédex informed. It's tail gets darker as it gets older. This Pokémon has a sturdy shell.

Everyone soon heard clapping from someone else. It turned out to be a lavender skinned girl with navy blue hair with purple and dark pink streaks. Her hair is in a ponytail. She wore a white buttoned short sleeve shirt, red vest, dark purple skirt, and black shoes. The girl adjusted her glasses to look at the friends.

"That was an impressive Pokémon battle." The girl said. "And, a great evolution." She then turned to Sunset. "Sunset Shimmer. It's good to see you again.”

WHAT'S ROCKIN' AT GEOSENGE?

Sunset was shocked to see this girl. "Twilight Sparkle! I don't believe it!"

"Believe it, Sunset." Twilight replied. "It's me."

The two friends hugged each other happily.

"You look great." Twilight complimented.

"Thanks, Twi." Sunset said. "What are you doing around here?"

"Same reason you and your two friends are here. To study the big rocks in Geosenge Town."

Sunset realized something was wrong. "Where's Spike? You two are always together."

The group soon saw Twilight’s dog, Spike, playing with a dark brown little bird. Sunset pulls out her Pokédex, knowing what this bird is. "That's a Starly, the Starling Pokémon."

Soon, the Pokédex came alive with information. Starly, the Starling Pokémon. They fly very magnificently. But, they sing noisily.

"This little Starly flew by, and became our little traveling companion." Twilight explained. "The three of us have been together ever since."

Inside the town, they looked at three big pointed stones.

"I wonder what significance these stones have." Sunny wondered.

"That's a good question, Sunny Starscout." Twilight replied. "Some people believed that these formations might have to do with Pokémon in ancient times."

"I've had my share of two of them." Sunset informed. "Tyrunt and Amaura."

"Tyrunt and Amaura? No kidding?"

"No kidding, Twi. Lyra and Bon Bon had fossils of those Pokémon resurrected in Ambrette Town."

"Sunset even battled them at the Cyllage City Gym." Izzy added.

This got Twilight excited. "Tell me anything you remember, Izzy Moonbow. And, don't leave out any details."

Suddenly, Korrina, the Shalour City Gym leader skated by to say hello to the girls.

"Hi, everybody." Korrina greeted. " It's good to see you again."

"Korrina!" Sunset gasped. "What are you doing here?"

"To see you, Sunset Shimmer. I want to see why one of my Lucarios likes you so much. Think of it as a preview of your Gym battle with me."

Sunset got a little worried about that.


Pokémon Quiz

It's Sunset Shimmer here. We have an Armaldo, an Aerodactyl, and a Lileep. Which of these prehistoric creatures is known as the Fossil Pokémon?"


Korrina and Sunset faced each other as Twilight, Sunny, and Izzy were watching.

"Here's Lucario number 1!" Korrina announced.

The Lucario came out to face whoever Sunset sends out.

"Braixen," Sunset said as she threw her Poké Ball. "I choose you!"

Braixen pops out and faced Lucario. Spike looked at this contest.

"Who do think will win this, Twilight?" Spike asked.

"It's going to be interesting, that's for sure." Twilight replied.

Korrina made the first move. "Lucario, use Power up Punch!"

Lucario charged at Braixen. Sunset quickly reacted. "Braixen, let him have it with Flame Charge!"

Braixen flared up as Power up Punch connected. The flame burst left a burning feeling on Lucario. Sunset followed up this scene. "Okay, Braixen. Use Psybeam!"

Braixen fired a purple blast to Lucario. Between the Psybeam and the burn he sustained, Lucario fainted.

"Lucario, return." Korrina said as she recalled her Pokémon. "You did good, Sunset. Knowing that Lucario is a fighter type and steel type, you figured Braixen is a good choice."

"Thanks, Korrina." Sunset chirped.

Korrina threw out another Poké Ball. "Here comes Lucario number 2!"

Another Lucario came out. Sunset wasn't fazed by this. "Okay, Braixen. Use Flame Charge."

As Braixen powered up, Korrina prepared a big surprise. "Lucario, use Bone Rush!"

Lucario brought out a large bone, and hit Braixen on the head. This got Sunset worried.

"Now, Lucario!" Korrina shouted. "Power up Punch!"

Lucario gave a powerful Punch to Braixen, which caused it to faint.

"Return, Braixen." Sunset sadly said.

"Oh no!" Twilight gasped. "Braixen was her best choice for a battle like this."

"Don't count Sunset out yet." Izzy assured. "She may have another trick up her sleeve."

The former bully threw another Poké Ball into battle. "Go, Zubat!"

Zubat popped out and flew up to Lucario.

"No offense, Sunset." Korrina said with concern. "But, that Zubat doesn't
look like much of a challenge."

"Don't be so sure about that." Sunset replied as she turns to her Pokémon. "Zubat, use Confuse Ray."

Zubat unleashed a beam from it's mouth. Suddenly, Lucario started to punch himself. Korrina got shocked to see that.

"Your Power Up Punch is your downfall." Sunset told her opponent. "Zubat, use Wing Attack!"

Zubat's wings started to glow. Then it charged at Lucario, who is still confused. Zubat struck it hard. Between the Wing Attack and the punches it gave itself, Lucario fainted.

"What?!" Korrina gasped. "Not even my powerful Lucario duo can defeat you. You must have great trust in your Pokémon."

"If me and my Pokémon trust each other," Sunset said proudly, "there's nothing we can't do."

Korrina recalls her Lucario. "Now I know why one of my Lucarios likes you. There's a cave outside of here. Go through there to reach Shalour City. I'll be there waiting for you."

As Korrina leaves, Spike notices something about Zubat. "Sunset, looks like Zubat is glowing."

Everyone saw Zubat glow, and then get a bit bigger. When the glow ended, a Golbat emerged.

"Zubat just evolved into Golbat!" Sunny cheered.

As everybody cheered for Sunset’s accomplishments, Luster Dawn, Smolder, and Ocelus watched everything.

"That she demon doesn't fool us!" Luster Dawn said angrily. "Smolder, Ocelus, LET'S OBLITERATE THAT MONSTER!"

The three girls started to run viciously to hurt Sunset until they heard sirens. Two police cars came from behind them. Sunset and her friends were going inside the Pokémon Center before the sirens were wailing. Soon, an Officer Jenny came to confront the brutal trio.

"Luster Dawn," Jenny said, "we need to talk."

End of Chapter 13


Pokémon Quiz Answer

Okay, everyone. If you said that the Fossil Pokémon is Aerodactyl, you’re right.


SUNSET SHIMMER
Braixen
Pikachu
Bibarel
Ralts
Pancham
Golbat

At the Sanctuary
Pidgeotto
Ivysaur
Snorlax
Croagunk
Sandile

SUNNY STARSCOUT
Quilladin
Fletchinder
Wartortle

IZZY MOONBOW
Frogadier
Kakuna
Ralts
Charmander


Author's Note:

I figured to reunite Sunset with Twilight Sparkle since many like to ship those two together.

PreviousChapters Next