• Published 23rd Mar 2022
  • 1,214 Views, 148 Comments

Sunset Shimmer’s Journey Through Kalos - Brian Sheil



Sunset is determined to prove that her dark past is behind her. A great way is to be a Pokémon trainer

  • ...
5
 148
 1,214

PreviousChapters Next
Sunset’s Interactions

The sun rises at the Pokémon Sanctuary. Inside one of the guest rooms, Sunset Shimmer starts to stir. After stretching, she gets out of bed, and looks out the window. The sunrise looks beautiful.

"And, I've been taking Princess Celestia's ability for lifting and lowering the sun for granted." Sunset said to herself. "If I visit Equestria again, I'll be sure to give her more respect than usual."

She then heard a knock on her door. She answered it, and was surprised to see Pipp Petals standing outside.

"Good morning, Sunset." Pipp greeted.

"What are you doing here, Pipp?" Sunset asked.

"I was told by Sunny that you're preparing your Pokémon for the Pokémon League. So, I'm here to watch you train. I even spent the night here."

Sunset looked over Pipp with a smile. "That white nightshirt looks cute on you."

"Thanks." Pipp replied. "I even got a matching nightcap. Just because I'm known as 'The Princess of the Podcasts', I don't have to look fancy."

"Good enough."

SUNSET'S INTERACTIONS

Wearing a crimson long sleeve swimsuit, Sunset starts swimming with her Goldeen and Bibarel. On shore, wearing their own swimsuits, Sunny and Izzy watch the workout.

"Look at her go." Izzy said happily.

"Well, interacting with Pokémon is a good way of training." Sunny explained. "Sunset figured to help her Pokémon this way."

When the trio reached the dock, Sunset looked at her Pokémon.

"Great swimming, guys." Sunset praised. "We'll be ready for the Pokémon League soon. You have improved well, Goldeen."

Sunset hugged her Goldeen. At that moment, Goldeen glowed and started to grow. Soon, a big red fish was presented. Sunset was pleasantly surprised. "This is so cool. You evolved into a Seaking!"

"So, that's a Seaking." Sunny said.

Izzy went to Sunset's location on shore, and pulled out Sunset's Pokédex.

Seaking, the Goldfish Pokémon and the evolved form of Goldeen. The Pokédex said. Seaking's body becomes a bright red when Autumn comes.

Sunset comes ashore to dry off. "That felt good, swimming alongside my Pokémon friends."

"I'm sure it is." Izzy replied as she puts down the Pokédex. "That long sleeve swimsuit is something I haven't seen before."

"I heard that this style of swimsuit is getting popular."

From aboard a Lapras, Pipp Petals, wearing a navy blue wetsuit, comes on shore with her smartphone in a water proof casing.

"Thanks for the loan of your Lapras, Izzy." Pipp said. "I got some good footage for my fans."

"Glad to help out, Pipp." Izzy replied.

Sunset was surprised to know that she was being taped. But, at least it'll show that she's serious about Pokémon. After drying off, Sunset changed into a white Karate jacket and black pants. After finishing tying a black belt, she started to train with Lucario. She and Lucario traded blows. Lucario even blocked a roundhouse kick Sunset was delivering. He delivered a sweeping kick to knock her down.

"You're getting better, Lucario." Sunset said as she starts to stand up. "We'll be ready for the Pokémon League in no time."

Suddenly, someone approached the area. It was a young man with gray hair and wearing a blue outfit. When he went up to Sunset, he spoke with a serious tone. "Sunset Shimmer of Canterlot City. We meet at last."


Pokémon Quiz

Hi, everybody. Sunset Shimmer here. Which fully evolved Pokémon changes with the season?


Sunset looked at this young man, and is shocked. "No way. Paul! A Pokémon trainer from the Sinnoh region."

"I see even people from Canterlot City knows of me." Paul replied.

"What are you doing here?"

"I heard of your travels throughout Kalos. When I learned that you're in this Sanctuary, I had to meet you in person."

Sunset took a sip from her water bottle. "I was just helping my Lucario get ready for the Pokémon League."

"That's why you have a Karate gi on." Paul figured. "That's one way to help out your Pokémon."

Sunset was pleased that something like Paul appreciates her. As the day goes on, Sunset continues to interact with her Pokémon. She rode her Skidoo across the grass. Sunset fed her Lairon iron rich rocks and water. Putting on exercise clothes, Sunset meditates with Kirlia. Her friends and Paul watched her the whole time.

"Sunset takes her devotion to Pokémon seriously." Paul noticed. "Doesn't she, Sunny Starscout?"

"She sure does, Paul." Sunny replied. "Ever since she was given Fenniken, she was becoming an honorable trainer."

"You're proud of her as well. Right, Izzy Moonbow?"

"I certainly am." Izzy said.

Later, Sunset and her friends were resting by a lake.

"This has been quite a day." Sunset said as she was rubbing her feet. "I'm sure Pipp Petals has some good footage for her podcast."

"No doubt." Izzy replied. "What happened to Paul?"

"He said that he wants to see Dr. Fauna."

Soon, the three girls saw Paul walking with a big bear with a circle outline on his body.

"It's an Ursaring." Sunset said as she pulls out her Pokédex. "The Hibernation Pokémon."

Ursaring, the Hibernation Pokémon. The Pokédex said. Ursaring makes rounds in forests to search for food.

"Is that Ursaring yours?" Sunny asked.

"Yes, it is." Paul replied. "I asked Dr. Fauna and Starlight Glimmer to take care of him for me. He was worn out from a lot of battles."

"I bet you wish you were more kind to Chimchar." Sunset said.

"Oh, you've heard of what happened. Ever since Ash Ketchum decided to take care of Chimchar, it's been doing better. Chimchar even evolved into Monferno. Then, again into Infernape."

"Even someone like you can learn from Ash."

Paul nodded as he recalled Ursaring. "Time for me to do some more traveling. Nice meeting you, Sunset. Good luck against the Pokémon League."

As Paul leaves, Sunset realized that he made a point. She has to be ready for anything the Pokémon League can dish out. Meanwhile, in another area of Route 21, Henrik was sitting next to a tree, bruised and battered. In front of him, Garble looked at him with an angry face.

"I told you to discourage that She-Demon, Henrik." Garble growled. "You let me down." Garble turned to his two partners, Clump and Flume. "Let's go, boys."

As the evil trio leave, Henrik was thinking about his ordeal. "I guess I shouldn't have listened to those goons."

End of Chapter 40


Pokémon Quiz Answer

Okay, everyone. If you said that the answer is Sawsbuck: The Season Pokémon, you’re right.


Author's Note:

Sunset's training continues, courtesy of an old teacher of hers.

PreviousChapters Next