• Published 23rd Mar 2022
  • 1,214 Views, 148 Comments

Sunset Shimmer’s Journey Through Kalos - Brian Sheil



Sunset is determined to prove that her dark past is behind her. A great way is to be a Pokémon trainer

  • ...
5
 148
 1,214

PreviousChapters Next
Get Along, Little Skidoo

The sun rises to welcome a new day in Kalos. At the Pokémon Center in Shalour City, Sunset Shimmer talks to Starlight Glimmer about her experience.

"Garble's back?" Starlight gasped from the sanctuary. "I don't believe it"

"Believe it." Sunset confirmed. "Garble and his boys are still hooked with spreading their propaganda about me."

"That's a nightmare."

"It sure is. Thank goodness Zipp Storm showed up and helped me out."

Dr. Fauna came along to give Sunset some news. "Pikachu and Kirlia are both doing fine. You're taking care of all of your Pokémon nicely."

"Thanks, Dr. Fauna." Sunset said with relief. "I'll talk to you guys later."

As soon as the phone was off, Sunset set out to Route 12. She heard that Izzy and Sunny are going to be there.

GET ALONG, LITTLE SKIDOO

Sunset arrived at Route 12, and sees Izzy there.

"Good morning, Sunset." Izzy greeted.

"Morning, Izzy." Sunset replied. "Where's Sunny?"

Izzy points to Sunny and Quilladin battling a sheep with yellow wool. Sunset pulls out her Pokédex. "That's a Mareep."

Mareep, the Wool Pokémon. The Pokédex said. Be careful when petting this Pokémon. The wool maybe filled with static electricity.

"Quilladin," Sunny calls out, "Use Needle Arm!"

Quilladin rushes in and delivers a clothesline to the Mareep. Taking out a Poké Ball, Sunny tries to catch that Pokémon. "Poké Ball, GO!"

The ball makes contact with Mareep, and absorbs it. After a few clicks, the Poké Ball clicks. That means that Sunny caught Mareep.

"Nice catch, Sunny." Sunset praised.

Sunny was surprised that Sunset was there. "Sunset! Sorry we left earlier. I just wanted to get an early start because I heard there were Mareep here."

"No problem." Sunset replied. She then looked at the ocean in front of them. "We need to cross this water to make it to a ferry that will takes us to Coumarine City."

"I have that covered." Izzy said. She then pulls out a Poké Ball. "I was given this Pokémon by a trainer who wants it to be with a new person." She throws up in the air. "Check it out."

Out pops a blue sea creature whose back looks like it can be rode on.

"That's a Lapras." Sunset realized as she looks at her Pokédex. "The Transport Pokémon."

Lapras, the Transport Pokémon. Said the Pokédex. This unusually intelligent Pokémon understands human speech. And, would rather give people rides on its back than engage in Pokémon battles.

Sunset and Sunny were a little unsure about this. Soon, all three were riding on Lapras.

"Wow." Sunset cheered. "Riding a Pokémon is amazing. This Lapras is a good friend to you, Izzy."

Izzy smiled, knowing that Sunset is right. When they arrived on shore, Izzy called back Lapras. Three friends walked along the road. They then saw a ranch house with some goat like Pokémon roaming around.

"Those are Skidoo, Sunset." Sunny informed.

Sunset's Pokédex comes alive. Skidoo, the Mount Pokémon. These Pokémon has been faithful to humans for generations.

"Aw." Sunset cooed. "They're so cute."

"Thank you, madame." Said the voice of a young man.

In steps a marigold skinned man with green hair. He wore a sky blue shirt, blue jeans with suspenders, and brown boots. Sunny and Izzy were surprised to see this young man.

"Hi, Sunny. Hi, Izzy." The young man greeted. "Nice to see you."


Pokémon Quiz

What's up? Sunset Shimmer here. Which Pokémon is the evolved form of a Galarian Linoone?


"Hitch Trailblazer!" Izzy gasped. "What are you doing here?"

"I'm watching over this Skidoo ranch while the owners are out of town." Hitch said.

"When will they be back?" Sunny asked

"They should be back in a couple of hours."

Sunset watches the conversation. Then, a Skidoo rubs up against her. Sunset was surprised about this. Then, she heard a familiar southern voice. "Looks like that Skidoo likes ya, Sunset."

Sunset sees an orange skinned girl with blond hair and wearing a Stetson hat. She wore a white shirt, brown vest and boots, and blue jeans.

"Applejack!" Sunset said happily. "Howdy."

As the two friends hugged each other, two shadowy figures watch from behind the bush. Everybody enjoys the Skidoo Ranch. Sunset even saw Applejack’s family in this ranch.

"How's retirement, Granny Smith?" Sunset asked.

"You mean from being a lunch lady at the school?" Granny Smith replied. "A little dull. Thankfully, I keep myself busy at Sweet Apple Acres. Especially with Big Mac helping out."

Apple Bloom walked in wearing a lime green shirt and blue bib overalls.

"Howdy, Sunset." Apple Bloom said. "It's good to see y'all. Ya look good."

"Aw." Sunset replied as she blushed.

Suddenly, two brutal men came out. They had on long sleeve shirts blue jeans, and black boots. One has brown hair and a purple shirt, the other has black hair and a light blue shirt.

"I'm Vincent Venom." The man in purple said. "My partner is Theo Toxic! We are the Poison Brothers!"

"And, we're taking over this ranch!" The man in blue said.

"What?" Hitch shouted. "You can't do that! What'll happen to all of these Skidoo?"

"We're going to sell them at an dishonest market!" Vincent replied.

As the villains laugh, Sunset and her friends confront them.

"We won't give you a chance to take over this ranch!” Sunset demanded.

Theo got out a pair of Poké Balls. "Get rid of them, Zubat!"

Zubats pop out to confront our friends. Sunny steps up. "Not on my watch! Fletchinder, Mareep, let's go!"

Sunny's Pokémon pop out. Theo didn't like this. "You want to get hurt, brat?!"

"No." Sunny replied. "But, your Pokémon will. Fletchinder, use Ember. Mareep, use Thundershock!"

Fletchinder and Mareep worked together to take out the Zubats. Theo Toxic was in shock. Vincent Venom came in. "You'll pay for that!" Vincent threw up his own Poké Balls. "My Trubbish will handle this."

A pair of Trubbish popped out. This time, it's Izzy's turn. "Kirlia, Beedrill, you're up!"

Out popped a Kirlia and a big bee. Sunny is surprised. "Izzy now has her own Kirlia. And, her Kakuna evolved into a Beedrill."

Sunset's Pokédex comes alive with information. Beedrill, the Poison Bee Pokémon and the evolved form of Kakuna. With stingers for arms, this Pokémon is ready to fight.

"Not impressed." Vincent scoffed. "Trubbish, Venoshock!"

The Trubbish spit out purple goop. But, Kirlia avoided it as Izzy gave out her command. "Kirlia, use Confusion. Beedrill, Fury Attack!"

Kirlia caused the Trubbish to hit each other as the Beedrill strikes them. This leaves the brothers shook, and mad.

"That's it!" Vincent yelled.

"We'll crush you ourselves!" Theo added.

The mean Brothers came close to Sunny and Izzy, intimidating them.

"These girls will be an example of what happens to those who disobey our orders!" Theo yelled.

Everyone looked on horror as they stomped closer and closer to the girls. Sunset stepped in front of them.

"Nobody hurts my friends!" Sunset said as she threw her Poké Balls. "Croagunk, Lucario, let's go!"

The fighting Pokémon pop out to confront the vicious duo.

"We didn't count on anything this heavy duty." Theo said.

Vincent has an idea. "Let's vamoose!"

The Poison Brothers recalled their Pokémon and left the ranch. Everybody cheered. Sunny is surprised. "Where did she get a Lucario?"

As the sun was setting, everybody at the ranch was relaxing, knowing that the outlaws have been recently arrested. Under a tree, Sunset watched the sun setting. She set her sneakers aside. Applejack came along to join her.

"Going with the barefoot farm girl look. Huh, Sunset?" Applejack asked.

"I guess." Sunset replied. "Now, I know why your sister likes going barefoot back at her home."

Applejack wondered about something. "Where did you find that strong Lucario anyway?"

"After I received a special bracelet from Korrina," Sunset explained, "one of her Lucario came over to me. Korrina figured that this Lucario has a bigger bond to me more than her."

"I get it. That's why it wants to go with you." Applejack puts her arm over Sunset’s shoulder. "I'm glad that you're a good friend."

The former bully became teary-eyed. "Me too."

The next morning, Sunset, Sunny, and Izzy were heading down Route 12 when Hitch Trailblazer called out to them. "Hold on a minute."

They looked at Hitch coming to them with a Skidoo by his side.

"What's up, Hitch?" Sunny asked.

"The ranch owners noticed that this Skidoo wants to tag along." Hitch said. "They believe that it wants to go with you, Sunset."

Sunset looks at Skidoo with concern. "Is that true, Skidoo? You want to come with me?"

Skidoo starts to nuzzle Sunset. This made her giggle. She then took out an empty Poké Ball. "Okay, Skidoo. Welcome to my family."

She tapped the ball, and it contained Skidoo. The Poké Ball shook, then it clicked. Soon, it vanished.

"Wait until Starlight Glimmer meets you, Skidoo." Sunset said.

After saying goodbye to Hitch Trailblazer, the girls continue their path to Coumarine City. And, Sunset’s fourth gym battle.

End of Chapter 17


Pokémon Quiz Answer

Okay, friends. If you guessed Obstagoon: The Blocking Pokémon, you’re right.


SUNSET SHIMMER
Braixen
Pancham
Golbat
Sandile
Croagunk
Lucario

At the Sanctuary
Pidgeotto
Pikachu
Bibarel
Kirlia
Ivysaur
Snorlax
Skidoo

SUNNY STARSCOUT
Quilladin
Fletchinder
Wartortle
Mareep

IZZY MOONBOW
Frogadier
Beedrill
Kirlia
Charmeleon
Lapras


Author's Note:

I figured to complete the two sets of friends. One from MLP generation 5, the other from Equestria Girls.

PreviousChapters Next