• Published 23rd Mar 2022
  • 1,214 Views, 148 Comments

Sunset Shimmer’s Journey Through Kalos - Brian Sheil



Sunset is determined to prove that her dark past is behind her. A great way is to be a Pokémon trainer

  • ...
5
 148
 1,214

PreviousChapters Next
The Eighth and Final Gym Battle

Dawn rises in the snowy little area of Snowbelle City. In one of the rooms of the Pokémon Center, Sunset Shimmer sits on the floor cross legged. Wearing her yoga outfit given to her by Tree Hugger, she is meditating to be ready for her gym battle against Wulfric. An alarm on her phone went off. The alarm was set as gentle chimes. Sunset slowly opened her eyes, then looked at her phone.

"Eight minutes." Sunset said to herself. "Not bad. Next time, I'll go for nine."

Sunset soon got dressed, and prepared the Pokémon she selected for her gym battle. "If I'm not ready now, there's no going back."

Later, Sunset and her friends arrived at the Snowbelle City Gym. They were greeted by the Gym leader: Wulfric.

"Good morning, Miss Shimmer." Wulfric greeted.

"Morning, Wulfric." Sunset replied.

"Are you ready for your Gym battle?"

"I sure am. Wait until you see what I prepared."

THE EIGHTH AND FINAL GYM BATTLE

Inside, the gym is full of giant icicles. Sunset and Wulfric stand on opposite sides of the field. Sunset’s friends watch from the stands. As well as a few snowboarders and Ace trainers. A male snowboarder come in, sliding into the room.

"Okay, dudes and babes." The snowboarder said. "This is an official gym battle between our own gym leader, Wulfric, and his opponent, Sunset Shimmer from Canterlot City. Each will use three Pokémon and the battle is over when all Pokémon of either side is unable to battle. Also, only the challenger is allowed to substitute Pokémon."

"Come on out, Cryogonal." Wulfric said.

Out pops a giant snowflake decorated with what looks like chains. Sunset looks surprised as she takes out her Pokédex. "A Cryogonal, the Crystallizing Pokémon."

Cryogonal, the Crystallizing Pokémon. The Pokédex said. The chains on its body helps it unleash freezing attacks.

Sunset soon has an idea as ahe pulls out her first Poké Ball. "Pangoro, I choose you!"

Out pops a big panda creature with a leaf in it's mouth. Interested, Izzy looks up the entry in Volume 6 of her book collection. "Pangoro, the Daunting Pokémon and the evolved form of Pancham. It uses the leaf in it's mouth to track its opponent's movements."

"When did Sunset's Pancham evolve?" Sunny wondered.

"Sunset did say she was training. I guess she was readying herself for this."

"Cryogonal," Wulfric said, "Rapid Spin!"

Cryogonal spins really fast. It struck Pangoro hard. But, Sunset isn't going to get nervous. "Pangoro, fight back with Circle Throw."

Pangoro grabbed Cryogonal. Just when Pangoro was going to complete its attack, Wulfric reacted. "Icy Wind!"

Cryogonal blew a blast of wind on Pangoro's face. He got hit badly. Sunset starts to get nervous.

"Let's finish it off." Wulfric said. "Use ice Beam."

Cryogonal fired a blast of cold energy. Recovering from Icy Wind, however, Pangoro quickly got out of the way.

"Good dodging." Sunset praised. "Okay, Pangoro. Use Hammer Arm!"

Pangoro's arm glowed as it headed for Cryogonal fast. It struck the giant snowflake so hard, it fainted.

"Cryogonal is unable to battle." The snowboarder announced. "Pangoro wins."

"Yay!" Sunset cheered. "Nice job, Pangoro."

Pangoro gave Sunset a thumbs up as Wulfric recalls Cryogonal.

"Very good, Miss Shimmer." Wulfric said proudly. "Let's see you handle my next Pokémon. Come on out, Abomasnow."

An Abomasnow comes out. It's Snow Warning kicks in, causing it to hail.

"Return, Pangoro. I might need you later." Sunset said. She then makes her next choice. "Krookodile, I choose you!"

Krookodile comes out ready for action. Wulfric looks at it with interest. "Your Krookodile looks very strong. But, my Abomasnow may surprise you."


Pokémon Quiz

Hi there, everybody. Sunset Shimmer here. What does a Galarian Meowth evolve into?


"Abomasnow," Wulfric said, "Blizzard!"

Abomasnow whipped up a snowstorm. Sunset quickly reacted. "Krookodile, use Dig!"

The Intimidating Pokémon quickly went underground. Abomasnow looked around for his opponent. Krookodile soon popped up.

"Okay, Krookodile." Sunset said. "Use Foul Play!"

Wulfric quickly reacted. "Use Ice Punch!"

Abomasnow's punch is coated in ice. He punched Krookodile hard. Sunset got nervous as Wulfric followed his move. "Abomasnow, wrap it up with Wood Hammer!"

Now, Abomasnow's arm glowed light brown as it strikes Krookodile. Sunset got scared when her Pokémon fainted.

"Krookodile is unable to battle." The snowboarder announced. "Abomasnow wins!"

"Krookodile, return." Sunset said sadly.

She thought since Ground types have a little advantage over ice types, she would have a chance. Taking out another Poké Ball, she came up with another idea. "Lairon, I choose you!"

Out pops a metal creature with a steel head and back. Everybody was surprised to see this creature. Izzy looked up the Pokémon in Volume 3 of her book collection.

"Lairon, the Iron Armor Pokémon and the evolved form of Aron." Izzy read. "It tempers its body with iron from rocks and mineral rich water."

"A steel type." Wulfric said. "Interesting."

"I thought you be impressed." Sunset replied.

"Let's see how Lairon handles this. Abomasnow, Blizzard!"

Abomasnow blew a powerful snowstorm. Lairon withstand the harsh snow. Sunset is pleased. "Now, it's my turn. Lairon, Rock Tomb!"

Stomping on the floor, Lairon surrounded Abomasnow with walls on rocks. Sunset followed that up. "Now, use Iron Head!"

With its head glowing, Lairon charged into Abomasnow. The impact hit the Frost Tree Pokémon hard. So much so, it fainted.

"Abomasnow is unable to battle." The snowboarder announced. "Lairon wins."

"Good try, Abomasnow." Wulfric said. "Get some rest." He recalls his Pokémon. "Your Lairon is a powerful Pokémon, Miss Shimmer."

Sunset feels proud being complimented. "Thank you, sir."

Wulfric takes out another Poké Ball. "Here's my last Pokémon. Come out, Avalugg!"

When an Avalugg came out, Sunset was ready. "Time to finish this quick. Lairon, use Headbutt."

Lairon charged into Avalugg. Wulfric quickly reacted. "Avalugg, push Lairon back with Icy Wind!"

Avalugg pushed Lairon back very hard. Wulfric capitalized on this. "Now, use Ice Fang!"

With a mouth full of icicles, Avalugg prepared to chomp down on Lairon. When Sunset saw it getting close, she works with it. "Lairon, Iron Tail!"

Lairon's tail glowed. Then, it spins around and strikes hard at Avalugg. The Iceberg Pokémon soon fainted.

"Avalugg is unable to battle." The snowboarder announced." Lairon wins. So, the winner of this gym battle is Sunset Shimmer. Way to go, dudette."

Lairon rushed over to Sunset so she can hug it. "Way to go, Lairon. I'm so proud of you."

As Sunset and Lairon cuddled each other, Wulfric recalled Avalugg.

"In this frigid gym," Wulfric said, "nothings warms anyone's heart more than seeing a bond between Pokémon and trainer." He then takes out a hexagon shaped badge with a picture of an Iceberg on it. "Here's your reward for showing me that bond and for your victory over me. The Iceberg Badge."

Sunset received the badge. And cheered proudly. "I have the Iceberg Badge! That's badge number eight!"

"Did you say 'eight'?" Wulfric asked.

"I did. So?"

"That means you are now ready to face the Pokémon League. If you beat the Kalos Region's elite four, then you are eligible to face the Pokémon Champion."

"Who's the champion around here?"

"You'll need to learn that yourself. Anyway, you will be given two months to prepare yourself."

With all eight badges in her possession, Sunset now has to prepare to face the Pokémon League. With her two partners, Sunny Starscout and Izzy Moonbow, by her side, she is determined to be the Kalos Region's Pokémon champion.

End of Chapter 38


Pokémon Quiz Answer

Okay, people. If you said that a Galarian Meowth evolves into Perrserker: The Viking Pokémon, you’re right.


Author's Note:

Next time, Sunset begins her training at the Pokémon Sanctuary.

PreviousChapters Next