• Published 23rd Mar 2022
  • 1,214 Views, 148 Comments

Sunset Shimmer’s Journey Through Kalos - Brian Sheil



Sunset is determined to prove that her dark past is behind her. A great way is to be a Pokémon trainer

  • ...
5
 148
 1,214

PreviousChapters Next
Sycamore’s Words of Wisdom

It's night time on Route 18. Three tents are set up. Using halogen lights Izzy and Sunny were checking a map they brought along.

"We are almost to Couriway Town." Izzy said. "Once the sun comes up, we should be there in an hour or so."

"That's good to know." Sunny replied. "I'll go tell Sunset."

Under a tree, Sunset enjoys the night atmosphere. She especially likes the sight of the full moon. She has her belt with her Poké Balls on it with her. This way, her Pokémon won't be taken.

"Enjoying the peace and quiet, Huckleberry Finn?" Sunny said as she approaches Sunset.

"Huckleberry Finn." Sunset chuckled. "I get it. Some of my friends would give me the same greeting if they see me like this."

"Is it true that Apple Bloom goes barefoot on her travels back at Sweet Apple Acres?"

"That what she sometimes do. I guess some farm kids do go barefoot when the weather cooperates."

"Sunset! Sunny! Come quick!" Izzy called out.

Grabbing her sneakers, Sunset hurried back to the campsite with Sunny right behind her.

"What's wrong, Izzy?" Sunset asked.

"I saw something moving in your tent, Sunset." Izzy said nervously.

Sunset rushed into her tent. She checked her backpack. Everything seems to be in order. She then saw that a bag of empty Poké Balls spilled. Sunny came in as Sunset places the Balls back in the bag. "Everything okay?"

"Nothing from my backpack is stolen." Sunset replied. "The only thing out of place is my bag of Poké Balls here."

Sunny had a thought. "Do you think a Pokémon crawled in and caught itself?"

"If that's the truth, which Pokémon was it?"

SYCAMORE'S WORDS OF WISDOM

The sun rises to welcome a new day. Soon, after packing their stuff, the trio of friends arrived at their destination.

"Here we are at Couriway Town." Izzy said. "This is where Professor Sycamore said he'll meet us."

"First, let's head for the Pokémon Center." Sunset said. "I'm curious as to what Pokémon I caught."

Inside the Pokémon Center, the girls had their Pokémon healed. Sunset then called the Pokémon Sanctuary.

"Good morning, Sunset." Dr. Fauna greeted.

"Morning, Dr. Fauna." Sunset replied. "Did you and Starlight receive a Pokémon last night?"

"We most certainly did. This is a fine one you sent us."

Starlight came in with a small critter whose body looks like metal. Sunset was shocked as she takes out her Pokédex. "I don't believe it. An Aron!"

Aron, the Iron Armor Pokémon. The Pokédex said. This Pokémon builds up power by chewing on any iron objects.

"You sound surprised, Sunset." Starlight said.

"I am." Sunset replied. "My friends and I were camping last night. I guess Aron crawled in and accidentally tapped on one of my empty Poké Balls."

"Don't knock it. A steel type like Aron is a nice change for you."

"I guess you're right. How are my other Pokémon?"

"They are doing well." Dr. Fauna answered. "Everybody was astounded by that Xerneas. It's not often that a legendary Pokémon is in our presence."

"As long as they get along with each other."

"They are. In fact, Lucario and Toxicroak were just sparring with each other. Toxicroak is careful not to poison Lucario."

"I have to see that if I visit the Sanctuary. Okay, talk to you later."

As soon as the conversation is over, a familiar person shows up.

"Professor Sycamore!" Sunset gasped.

"Hello, Sunset." Sycamore greeted. "It's good to see you again."


Pokémon Quiz

Hello, everybody. Sunset Shimmer here. Which Pokémon only knows the move "Take Down" until it evolves?


Professor Sycamore has a talk with the girls.

"I apologize for Lysandre's actions." Sycamore said with sorrow.

"I understand his point of view, Professor." Sunset replied. "But, trying to use a legendary Pokémon for some mad scheme? That makes me mad."

"He wishes for a better world. I wish we wouldn't go to such extremes."

The girls feel his pain. Sunny speaks. "I saw his passion when he Mega Evolved his Gyarados. But, he was so delusional, he even believed what he said."

"If only he didn't use that machine in desperation." Izzy said. "He'd still be alive today. Then, many people would help him."

"I think you're right, Miss Moonbow." Professor Sycamore replied. "I guess he was too proud to accept help."

Everybody agreed. Later, Professor Sycamore asked the girls to join him outside. "For now, let's talk to you, Sunset Shimmer. I would like to see how your progress is going."

"You mean, you want to challenge me to another Pokémon battle?" Sunset asked.

"Here's your answer." Sycamore threw a Poké Ball. "Go, Venusaur!"

Venusaur popped out and looked at the girls. Seeing determination in Venusaur's eyes, Sunset sent out her first Pokémon. "Crobat, I choose you!"

Crobat is ready for battle. Sycamore makes the first call. "Venusaur, use Razor Leaf!"

Venusaur unleashed a bunch of leaves at Crobat. Sunset isn't worried. "Crobat, use Air Cutter to blow those leaves away."

Crobat removed the leaves as Sunset makes her next move. "Time for your new move. Use Cross Poison!"

Crobat's wings glowed purple. They unleashed a poison attack in an X formation. The poison quickly defeated Venusaur.

"Venusaur, return." Sycamore said as he makes his next choice. "Go, Blastoise."

With cannons ready, Blastoise is set to fight.

"Crobat, returned." Sunset said as she makes her next choice. "Skidoo, I choose you!"

Skidoo came out. Sycamore looked at Skidoo, and wondered about this decision. "This should be interesting. Blastoise, use Hydro Pump!"

Blastoise fired its water cannons. But, Skidoo quickly got out of the way.

"Size is not always an issue when it comes to Pokémon." Sunset informed. "Skidoo, use Horn Leech."

Skidoo's horns glowed, and drained Blastoise of it's energy. When Blastoise fainted, Sycamore recalled it quickly.

"You're getting good." Sycamore praised. "Let's see if you can handle my last Pokémon. Go, Charizard!"

Charizard flies up for battle. Sunset recalls Skidoo and makes a decision. "I know who to call for this battle. Bibarel, I choose you!"

Bibarel came out, ready for battle.

"Charizard," Sycamore said, "use Flamethrower!"

Flying high, Charizard unleashes fire at Bibarel. Sunset quickly reacted. "Dodge, then use Water Gun."

Bibarel avoided the flames and unleashed water at Charizard. Sunset followed it up. "Now, use Rollout!"

Bibarel tucked into a ball and was spinning fast. It struck Charizard with such power, it fainted. Sycamore recalled Charizard, knowing that the battle is over.

"You have indeed become quite the trainer." Sycamore praised. "I can see why you won seven badges at this point."

"Thank you, Professor." Sunset said happily.

"The final Gym leader is very tough. But, I'm sure you'll be ready. I'll have something prepared to honor your ultimate victory against Team Flare. Bye for now."

As Professor Sycamore leaves, Sunny and Izzy know that the Professor is right.

"We know what needs to be done." Izzy said. "Next stop..."

"Snowbelle City!" Sunset said.

"And, Gym Battle number eight!" Sunny added.

Soon, the girls prepared for Sunset's last Gym battle. If things go well, she'll be on her way to face the Pokémon League.

End of Chapter 35


Pokémon Quiz Answer

Okay, everyone. If you guessed it’s Beldum: The Iron Ball Pokémon, you’re right.


Author's Note:

Next time, Sunset gets together again with the Pie family.

PreviousChapters Next