• Published 23rd Mar 2022
  • 1,213 Views, 148 Comments

Sunset Shimmer’s Journey Through Kalos - Brian Sheil



Sunset is determined to prove that her dark past is behind her. A great way is to be a Pokémon trainer

  • ...
5
 148
 1,213

PreviousChapters Next
Sunset vs. Diantha: Part 2

The big battle has begun. Sunset Shimmer vs. Diantha. Currently, Sunset is down to 5 Pokémon while Diantha is down to 4. Diantha currently has out Aurorus and Sunset has out Lucario. Lucario's Aura Sphere and Aurorus' Hyper Beam collided, resulting in an explosion. When the smoke cleared, both of them were knocked out.

"Both Pokémon are unable to battle." The referee announced. "This match is a draw."

"What a turn of events." Megan said as pictures of Lucario and Aurorus changed. "The impact of those attacks knocked them both out. Now, Diantha is down to three Pokémon while Sunset still has four."

"This was worth it." Miss Harshwhinny said. "Another of Miss Shimmer's heavy hitters is out of the competition."

Sunset's friends were very disgusted with that woman's rudness. Diantha and Sunset recalled their Pokémon.

"This is a great time." Sunset cheered. "You're a great champion."

"I hope you have your Pokédex." Dianta said as she grabs a Poké Ball. "You'll need it to learn about this Pokémon. Here's number four. Go, Gourgeist!"

Out pops a animated Jack-o-lantern with an upper body. Sunset pulls out her Pokédex.

Gourgeist, the Pumpkin Pokémon. The Pokédex said. A Gourgeist's howl can bring woe to those who listen to it.

"Time for a little strategy." Sunset said. "Krookodile, I choose you."

When Krookodile shows up, Diantha is confused. "You're sending a ground type to fight Gourgeist?"

"I have my reason."

SUNSET vs. DIANTHA
Part 2

"Gourgeist," Diantha said, "use Seed Bomb!"

Gourgeist fired a bunch of seeds to strike Krookodile.

"Quick, dodge!" Sunset said. "Then, use Foul Play!"

Krookodile dodged the Seeds, then fires a blast of black energy. Gourgeist felt a lot of damage.

" I'm not done yet." Diantha said proudly. "Gourgeist, use Shadow Ball."

As soon as Gourgeist attacks, Sunset reacts. "Krookodile, Dig!"

Krookodile goes underground. Gourgeist is getting nervous. Suddenly, Krookodile strikes, and Sunset gives another command. "Finish it with Crunch!"

One chomp from Krookodile's jaws, and Gourgeist faints.

"Gourgeist is unable to battle." The referee announced. "Krookodile wins."

The white background of Gourgeist's picture went back. And, Gourgeist went gray.

"This is amazing." Megan said. "The champion is down to two Pokémon."

"Return, Gourgeist." Diantha said. "Time to bring out Pokémon number five. Go, Goodra."

Out pops a pastel dragon type creature. Sunset studied this creature.

Goodra, the Dragon Pokémon. The Pokédex said. When it gets bullied, it attacks to defend itself.

Sunset hascan idea. "Krookodile, return." She makes her next choice. "Avalugg, back to action!"

Avalugg returns to the field. The background of Krookodile goes black while that of Avalugg is lit up again.

"Goodra," Diantha said, "use Dragon Pulse."

Goodra blasted lime green energy at Avalugg Sunset reacted. "Avalugg, use Icy Wind!"

A blast of arctic wind made contact with Goodra. But, the Dragon Pulse hit Avalugg. Diantha followed up that hit. "Goodra, Drown Avalugg with Muddy Water!"

Goodra unleashed a wave of dirty water at Avalugg. It was so strong, Avalugg quickly fainted.

"Avalugg is unable to battle." The referee announced. "Goodra wins."

The background turned black while Avalugg's picture turns gray.

"Oh boy." Megan gasped. "Sunset's best shot against this Goodra is out."

Miss Harshwhinny watches with glee. "Goodra is in control, Shimmer."

Sunset recalls Avalugg and turns to the commentary booth. "I have another way to battle Goodra, Megan. Garchomp, I choose you!"

Garchomp comes out. Diantha is first to attack. "Goodra, use Dragon Pulse!"

Goodra fired Dragon energy at Garchomp. Sunset quickly reacted. "Garchomp, use Dig."

Garchomp went underground. Megan commented about this move. "This is how Krookodile won against Gourgeist. Let's see how it's used here."

Goodra is on guard. Garchomp quickly appears and strikes.

"All right, Garchomp!" Sunset cheered. "Follow it up with Dual Chop!”

Garchomp chopped Goodra twice. Goodra soon fainted.

"What the heck?" Harshwhinny protested.

"Goodra is unable to battle." The referee announced. "Garchomp wins."

The white background went black at Goodra's picture went gray.

"Sunset is on a roll now." Megan said. "She still had three Pokémon while Diantha is down to one."

Diantha recalls Goodra. She realized that Sunset is no pushover.

"Awesome!" Rainbow Dash cheered from the stands. "Five down, one to go."

"Easy there, partner." Applejack said. "Diantha might have an Ace up her sleeve."

"It's time for my final Pokémon." Diantha announced. "Go, Gardevoir!"

Gardevoir arrived. Sunset was unsure about this. But, she decided to use a different strategy. "Garchomp, use that new move you learned. Fire Fang!"

With a mouth full of fire, Garchomp ensued to his opponent. Suddenly, a necklace Diantha wore started to glow. Diantha called out to her Pokémon. "It is time, Gardevoir. MEGA EVOLVE!"

Gardevoir is surrounded by white energy. Soon, the bottom part of Gardevoir puffed up. Now, she looks like she's wearing a ball gown.

"Gardevoir can Mega evolve?" Sunset gasped.

"Gardevoir," Diantha said, "use Draining Kiss!"

When Garchomp came close, Gardevoir kissed it. But, it drained Garchomp's energy, causing it to faint.

"Garchomp is unable to battle." The referee announced. "Gardevoir wins."

"Looks like Diantha had a good trick up her sleeve." Megan said. "How will Sunset come back from this?"

"She can't, you brat!" Harshwhinny yelled. "Keep your commentary unbiased!"

Megan got a little annoyed at the interruption. "Rude, much?"

Sunset recalled Garchomp. Then, she faces Gardevoir again. "It's still a psychic type. So, back to action, Krookodile!"

Krookodile came back to battle. Diantha quickly attacked. "Gardevoir, shower Krookodile with Magical Leaf!"

Gardevoir unleashed a bunch of leaves at Krookodile. The Intimidation Pokémon was worn out from, battling Gourgeist. So, the attack caused it to faint.

"Krookodile is unable to battle." The referee announced. "Gardevoir wins."

Now, there are five squares with black backgrounds with pictures of five of Sunset's Pokémon gray. Sunset recalls Krookodile, and noticed that Gardevoir looks unstoppable. On the side, Luster Dawn, Smolder, and Ocelus were getting concerned.

"This is a nail biter." Smolder realized. "How is Sunset going to defeat that Mega Gardevoir?"

"I heard Sunset has a secret weapon." Luster said. "Let's just watch."

Megan watches the action. "This is it. The final battle. What will be Sunset Shimmer's last Pokémon?"

Taking out a Master Ball, Sunset makes her final choice.


Pokémon Quiz

Hello. Sunset Shimmer here. Which Pokémon can be either black or white?


Out pops a big surprise. The audience in the stadium as well as Sunset’s friends in Aquacorde Town could not believe what they see.

"Unbelievable!" Megan said with shock. "Sunset’s last Pokémon is the Legendary Xerneas, the Life Pokémon."

Miss Harshwhinny was equally shocked. "'That's the Pokémon Miss Shimmer rescued from Team Flare? My goodness."

"So," Diantha said, "your final choice is the Legendary Xerneas."

"That's right." Sunset replied. "He promised to help me to the very end."

"Then let's see what this legend can do."

The referee announced, "Let the final battle begin!"

"Gardevoir," Diantha said, "use Disarming Voice."

Gardevoir sang beautifully. But, the song annoyed Xerneas. Sunset quickly reacted. "Shake it off. Then, use Horn Leech to regain some energy."

Xerneas galloped to Gardevoir, and it’s horns drained her of some energy.

"Quick, Gardevoir." Dianta pleaded. "Use Shadow Ball!"

Gardevoir quickly fired a ball of black energy. But, since Xerneas is a fairy type, dark moves is not so effective.

"Now, it's our turn to use some dark energy." Sunset said. "Xerneas, use Night Slash!"

Xerneas' horns glowed black. It rushed over to strike at Gardevoir. Diantha was surprised that it was effective. "I don't believe it."

"Now, it's time to deliver the final blow." Sunset announced. "Xerneas, MOON BLAST!!"

Xerneas energized it's horns. Then, fired a beam of white energy. It struck at Gardevoir. Everybody watched with concern, anxiety, and are waiting for the results. Seconds later, Gardevoir fainted and returned to normal.

"Gardevoir is unable to battle!" The referee announced. "Xerneas wins. The winner and NEW Kalos Region champion, SUNSET SHIMMER!"

The audience exploded with applause, whistles and cheers as Sunset's picture was on the screen with pictures of her six Pokémon and a crown indicating that she's the winner.

"She did it!" Megan cheered. "Sunset Shimmer has risen above great odds and became the new champion of Kalos!"

"I won?" Sunset gasped. She then became excited. "I WON!!"

She rushed over to hug Xerneas. Everybody cheered for Sunset. In her own chair, Miss Harshwhinny was in disbelief. "Unbelievable! Someone will pay for this!"

Minutes later, Sunset and all six of her healed up Pokémon stand proudly as officials give her a championship trophy and crown.

"Congratulations, Sunset Shimmer." Megan said. "You are now the champion of Kalos. You have earned this victory." She then gives Sunset the microphone so that she can make a speech.

"Thank you, everybody." Sunset said with happy tears in her eyes. "I would like to thank my traveling companions, Izzy Moonbow and Sunny Starscout. They are probably watching from Aquacorde Town." She hold up her trophy. "This is for you, guys!"

At Sunny's house, she and Izzy watched the speech, and felt very honored. After everyone left the arena, a familiar person showed up.

"King AZ." Sunset gasped. "This is a big surprise."

"I've been watching your battle against Diantha." AZ said. "It helped me to see the friendship and bond humans have with Pokémon. After what I've done 3,000 years ago, my heart has finally healed."

Just then, a Floette floated down to him. AZ looked at this Pokémon as it descended. It turned out to be the Pokémon he brought back to life with that machine Lysandre stole.

"Floette, you returned to me." AZ said with happiness. "You have forgiven me for my actions. Thank you."

Sunset feels good, knowing that AZ and his friend are back together. Later that night, after the festivities are over, Sunset and Xerneas are at a forest near her starting point, Vaniville Town.

"I made a promise to release you after the Pokémon League is over." Sunset said. "I appreciate your help. I'm going to miss you."

Sunset started to tear up. Xerneas started to talk to her telepathically. "Sunset Shimmer. This is not really goodbye. I am sure we'll meet again. I am still grateful for how you rescued me from the evil mechanations of Team Flare. Even though we'll be apart, you'll always be my friend." Xerneas gallops off. "Farewell."

The legendary Pokémon heads out into the forest. As Sunset watches Xerneas head out, Sprout Cloverleaf comes along.

"It's not easy giving up a Pokémon." Sprout said.

"I know." Sunset replied. "But, this is for the best. Xerneas deserves his freedom."

Sprout gives her a loving hug. Sunset feels the warmth.

"Let's head back to town." Sprout said happily. "Tomorrow, you're heading back to Canterlot City to continue your celebration."

Sunset is escorted back to Vaniville Town so she can rest up for her trip back home. In a room back at the arena, a picture of Sunset and her Pokémon (including Xerneas), plus their prints in cement, are displayed in the Kalos Hall of Fame. Very impressive for a girl from Canterlot City. Wouldn't you agree?

SUNSET (Holding her Trophy ): Just wait until Principal Celestia and Vice Principal Luna see this!

End of Chapter 54


Pokémon Quiz Answer

Okay, trainers. If you said that it’s Kyurem: The Boundary Pokémon, you’re right.


Author's Note:

Sunset's quest maybe over. But, this story is not.

PreviousChapters Next