• Published 14th Sep 2012
  • 2,857 Views, 100 Comments

Bad Girls - Gabriel LaVedier

  • ...
10
 100
 2,857

The Day Without

The life of a pony was often extremely long and filled with a rich fullness that emerged from the freedom from fear, want and pain, to say nothing of the many friends and family members that filled that long life. But even with that length and richness, it was ever the lot of ponies to die at the end, saving the Princesses.

The grim reaper at last came to touch one of the grand matriarchs of the locally-powerful Rich-Lode family. All the money and glamor in Equestria, and all the family and love, could not stave off the cut of the reaper's scythe. The signs were there, with a progressive, degenerative nerve disorder giving a final countdown to her end. It did not make it any easier to take, when Silver Spoon finally gave up the ghost.

The funeral was arranged with great expediency by Silver's wife, with her usual aplomb and ruthless efficiency. The Rich-Lode family was drawn in from their slightly-scattered positions to the family land, which had long ago been formed by the merging of the two family properties and the construction of a single, grand manor to replace the two which had been demolished.

Silver would have the strange honor of being the first pony to occupy the Rich-Lode crypt, which rested below a beautiful marble mausoleum that had been embellished with silver bands and diamond inlays. It was set in the rear of the property, behind the previous private graveyard of cenotaphs and beautifully carved tombstones.

Her coffin was, naturally, a silver box, which rested on a bier in front of the open doors to the mausoleum. Chairs were arrayed in front of it, and were occupied by the family members. It was unusual indeed, for the normally self-aggrandizing and self-promoting Diamond Tiara. But the family understood. Her wife was special. She would never make a spectacle out of her death. After all, her whole life had been dedicated wholly and solely to protecting Silver Spoon.

Diamond Tiara strolled up the central aisle between the chairs, passing children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren, a pained smiled plastered on her face as she made the effort to appear strong. “Grandmother, you need help?” Her grandson-in-law, Citrine Lode, stood up. He was a sandy yellow, small-bodied Diamond Dog, the current foredog of Lode Mining and Processing. He was one of the family members to live in the manor, given the nature and location of his job. He was there with his wife, first daughter of the first son of Silver.

A gentle smile spread across the old mare's face. She was as saggy and creaky as any old mare, but with long limbs and a much thinner, sere form. “No no, Citrine. But it's sweet of you to ask. You've always been good to us. I'm glad Electra married you.” She leaned in to rest her head against the Dog and receive a hug in return. After the family interlude she continued down to the coffin.

Her hoof hovered above the silver surface of the box, almost seeming afraid of contact. For the usually-unflappable old mare it was unusual. Yet again, it was not. The body in the box had been the love of her life, the reason she rose every morning with a smile, and the reason she went to bed every night with a sigh of delight. But eventually, she not only touched it, she pushed it open.

The inside of the box was aged teak, a pleasant silver-gray color, with white lace trim in the lower portion. Silk lined the inside of the bottom, on which Silver's body rested. She had been placed in her favorite dress, a cream-and-gray pseudo-banishment-era thing that managed to hide the thickness of her squat body without using corsets or bodices. She was on her back, head down slightly, eyes closed. Her semi-ovular pointed-ended glasses were there, the same style she had had since she was a filly. There was an almost-beatific look on her face, her usual look when she was just sleeping. The mortician had done a spectacular job. She scarcely looked as old as she had been. More a grandmother than a great-grandmother.

The entire gathered assembly looked in at the body of one of the family matriarchs, bowing their heads reverently after looking, some of the younger ones peeking up for second looks. Once the looks were done and the heads bowed for a time, Diamond cleared her throat and drew every eye back to her. She looked... unusual nervous. It was not the usual look for the canny businessmare. But nothing was usual that day. The family only took it in stride as she gathered the nerve to speak.

“This is the day... the day we all thought would never come. Silver... always seemed like she would go on forever. We promised as much when we were married, so long ago. And even when we got old and creaky and grody, we were still those mares. And the fillies in grade school. I was her dame in diamond armor, and she was my silver princess. Even when we knew we were going to look like the filly fooler version of Mister and Mrs. Cake, or Snips and Snails, nothing changed. That was what made it so special, so wonderful. Even when everything changed, little by little... nothing changed.

“She was always my Sugarlump Rump. I invented that term when I was a little foal, pretending to insult her. She knew I didn't mean it... and then I meant it. Every time. When it stopped being a silly fake insult and started meaning “I love you and always will.” I never minded saying it, I did it freely, and just often enough. It never got old, never went stale, was always able to put a smile on her face.

“It was our thing and it became part of our day... if you don't want to hear these things about your mother and grandmother and great-grandmother please cover your ears. But it was true... every morning after we were married... I woke her up with a big, soft kiss on that sugarlump rump. I was always up first. I wanted a jump on the business day. So I kissed her, and she smiled because she thought it was cute. Even at the end... when she was sick... I still did it. And she smiled brighter. She said it made her feel alive, and normal. Like nothing was wrong. Just that little thing could make her happy. That was her. She was so easy to make happy, when you really knew her.

“I... don't know how to stop... if I stop this eulogy I'll have to close the lid on her. I'll have to let her go. And I don't want her to go. I can't. This wasn't the plan. Our whole lives were planned and decided a long time ago, and we loved every minute of it. But I always planned... to go first. It was supposed to be me. It was supposed to be me!” She turned to the coffin and cried out into the face of her dead wife. “It was supposed to be me going first! We planned it!” He hoof clopped loudly on the edge of the coffin as she pounded on it, tears flowing freely.

Citrine again came to the emotional aid of his grandmother. He gingerly moved her hooves away with one hand while he brought the lid down slowly and reverently. He brought Diamond around to the head of the coffin and softly patted her side. “Grandmother is alright?”

“I am perfectly well. Thank you. Thank you...” Diamond leaned against her grandson again and put on a small smile. “Pardon my... indelicacy. This is a very trying time. But you understand.” She smiled at the audience, who were wiping their own tears away.

There were a few different spiritual traditions among the four present generations. Diamond Dogs held that the souls of the dead would mineralize and become an enrichment of the earth they had harvested all their lives; the Zaldi present believed the good would walk on a road of gold forever in perfect happiness while the evil would walk on a road of lead forever tormented by Windigoes; Roa thought that souls resided in a moonlit paradise where nopony wandered and there were beautiful things all around; the average Equestrian believed in a pleasant afterlife of ill definition, a warm and gentle area of timeless delight. Diamond believed them all. Not because she hedged her bets or prevaricated to play all sides, but because she found it pleasant to imagine every lovely fate for her bride.

Each tradition also had their own rituals for the pre-internment. The Equestrian portion was in the eulogy and the coffin for burial. The few Roa were playing a soft dirge, as were the Zaldi, one of the Roa playing a slow hurdy-gurdy while two of the Zaldi added rhythm to it with a txalaparta. Citrine gave a deep, low howl, as did his children, and his wife, doing her best to sound right despite her pony throat.

The honors over, then came the grim task. Three of the family members came over. Citrine stood before the head of the coffin and reached behind himself to grasp a long bar. Jolly Rich-Lode, Diamond's youngest son, took up a position beside the rear right side. He was a unicorn, pale blue in color with a dark blue mane. At the other rear edge was another unicorn, a mare. She was a light pink color with a mulberry mane. Cherie Rich-Lode, wife of Silver's daughter Brassy. Citrine lifted on his end, effortlessly lifting half of the heavy box. While he did that Cherie and Jolly lit their horns and pulled on their respective corners, raising the coffin into the air. Once it was up, all three stepped forward into the mausoleum, and set the coffin on a silver bier, on the right side of the inner space. On the left was a marble bier studded with large, perfect diamonds. There was a red carpet running down the center between biers towards a sloped opening which led down into the crypt proper.

The door to the mausoleum was closed with a resounding thud, then securely locked. The three pallbearers moved back down to the rows of sitting ponies, who all looked expectantly at Diamond. She stroked at the namesake tiara on her brow and sighed gently. “Time to... go back to the manor. There's a luncheon set out for everypony in the party room. The... first time anypony but myself and Silver were invited in.”

The assembled gathering moved away towards the house, speaking to one another in low tones, a group moving the txalaparta. One figure lingered back, a young Diamond Pony of about ten. She was a sandy yellow color, with the normal elongated forearms with large hands, hooves at the ends of her legs and a lovely pony head on her shoulders. Her mane and tail, which was Diamond Dog-like but with longer fur, were of a pink tone. “Great-gramma Diamond, can we go play with the peabirds?”

The old mare laughed brightly and fuzzled the head of the little puppyfoal. “No, no Sandy dear. We need to go in for lunch. Just leave the poor things alone for now. You can play with them tomorrow, even if they always chase you around.”

“It's fun!” Sandy grinned at her great-grandmother and scampered off towards the manor. Diamond watched her go with a bemused grin. She would miss the little ones when she was gone.

- - -

The funeral reception lasted the whole day. The families that did not live in the manor left that evening to return to their homes which, in most cases, were not that far away. The ones left were very quiet, even the children. They understood that Diamond needed silence and contemplative solitude. They remained on the ground floor, leaving her alone on the fifth floor, which was mostly a landing and the bedroom the two mares had shared for decades.

Diamond slowly combed out her hair, which had long ago ceased to be two-toned. It was pure white, and still somewhat wavy. Beautiful. Silver had always said it was beautiful, even when it was losing its color. It was why she had never bothered to dye it. If it was beautiful enough for her wife, it was more than enough for Equestria in general.

She regarded the room in the mirror, which was a tremendous oval set in a fame of silver with diamond inlays. Their decorating style had grown into a rut, but one which amused and pleased them. The room was paneled in stained hardwoods, with a plush carpet. The walls were adorned with dozens of photographs, from their earliest dates to the births of their children, and marriages of said children, as well as grandchildren. It was practically a time capsule of the most vital moments in their lives. Almost overlooked in it all were pictures of the day they were given control of the business holdings which began very successful careers for them both.

The furniture was all antique, and had belonged to their parents. The large bed, with its multiple-metal filigreed headboard and sturdy iron canopy posts came from the Lode family, while the makeup vanity that Silver was at was all Rich. The chests, the armoire, the bureaus, they were all from the Rich and Lode families. Those objects not used in their own room had been distributed amongst the children.

Another lonely night loomed ahead. That was the thought in the back of Diamond's mind as she set down the silver-handled brush and looked at her wrinkled, withered face in the mirror. The difference was, she had seen her wife settled in a coffin and placed inside the lonely stone mausoleum in the back of the property. When she was still in the hooves and hands of the morticians it was not quite as stark. The bed wasn't quite as lonely. But with the ceremony over...

The opposite side of the bed seemed cold and bare, so much more than before. She reached out for the plump, cheerfully-wrinkled squat mare, and grasped nothing but air and empty blankets. A soft sigh flew out from her mouth and her eyes clamped shut tight. Just faintly from below, she could hear the sounds of the family from below, including a faint indication of cheery music, a common post-burial custom among all the traditions.

A little smile played around on her lips. Her family was happy, and that was the most important thing. They would get on very well, and continue for a long while, exactly as had been intended. They would be fine without Silver. And without her as well.

She could not go on without Silver. Her plans had never included the idea of trying. It had always been a very simple and straightforward thing. She would die first, Silver would go on in her widow's weeds for a while before she finally succumbed to something quick and painless. That was the plan. The way it was supposed to be.

She had never learned to be without Silver. Never had to be. She had always been there. She had promised to be there for her forever. That was one of the things she had actually apologized for. When she realized the illness was going to take her, she had apologized for that. Another of the little things that had made Silver so... Silver.

Now all the plans were ruined. They had worked out so perfectly for well over half a century, very near to a full one. At the very end, tripping at the finish line. She thought it was perfect. Silver had been the sensible one, the calm one. Calm ponies were supposed to live longer. No stress, no worries. Diamond was honestly surprised she had made it so long.

She couldn't bear it. Not one more long, dark, lonely night. Not knowing she was there in the grave. Wrapped up in a box, out lonely in the empty mausoleum and crypt. She needed her protector. The silver princess was lost without her dame in diamond armor. She had said so. All the time. And every Nightmare Night they had the same costumes to show it off.

All the old romantic movies and books and radio dramas talked about lovers who went together. They were so connected and involved that they literally expired without one another. It made for a beautiful conclusion to beautiful stories. That always seemed so... real, possible.

Even though Silver had scolded her once for believing in such things, and making a comparison to Featherweight's inane babbling at their wedding, she still found it possible. And even desirable. She wasn't equipped to go on without Silver Spoon. The dame in diamond armor was useless without the silver princess. She had no purpose.

That was the rub. Even leading a modest corporate interest and being the prime matriarch in a large family, she had had one real purpose in her life. Ever since the day of inventing the 'sugar lump rump' her one goal in life had been to spare Silver from ever experiencing pain like that again. And she had been very successful in that. Her whole being had been consumed with her role as being Silver's shield.

She had nothing to shield anymore. No wife to guard and hold and cherish and adore. She was just an old, old mare, all alone in a house full of family, emeritus corporate head used as a figurehead in the present. She could just fade away and nothing much would change. It would almost be preferable.

She would never take her own life. That was foolishness. It was never the answer. But her will was strong. Her will to be with Silver again, in one of the afterlives... commingled minerals enriching the earth, walking the golden road, celebrating beneath the silver moon, or living in perfect bliss. Her will could take her there.

She laid her head down on the pillow. Resolute. She could will herself to death...

- - -

The morning sun rose, bright, clear and on time, as ever. It spread a loving warmth across the face of the land. Even over the mourning manor just outside of Ponyville proper, creating an almost cheerful light from the reflection off of the silver and diamonds on the mausoleum. It slanted through the windows on the fifth floor, falling across the pale cheek of Diamond Tiara. It warmed her still, silent body for a moment before her eyes fluttered open and she winced from the bright glare in her face. Another day. Her will was not that strong. She had another day to live.

A noise from her door grabbed her attention and turned her head. She glanced across and watched it open, allowing entrance to a motley collection of foals and puppyfoals, including Sandy. “Great-gramma! Great-gramma! Come on! You gotta come sit in the chair out front and watch us play with the peabirds!”

“The peacocks will get upset when you bother the peahens again. But who am I to deny you?” A smile spread across Diamond's lips, thinking about another day of what had become a routine. Sitting in the rocking chair, watching the younger grandchildren and the great-grandchildren playing on the lawn, bothering the peafowl. She had done it with Silver for ages. Exactly as they had planned.

The plan had changed. And yet it hadn't. She would just have to take on Silver's role. A big job. But she would manage. For love.

Comments ( 39 )

:raritycry::raritycry::raritycry::raritycry::raritycry::raritycry::raritycry::raritycry::raritycry::raritycry:

And that's all I have to say about that.

1616664

That's about the reaction I wanted :pinkiesmile:

A life is often very long and full. But sadly it must end. :pinkiesad2:

Poor Diamond without her true love.

Very well done, and I appreciate the Shout-out to my half of the Mileu.
:fluttercry:

hey wasn't this already complete will you update agian and how did silver die?

That knife, still deeper aye Gab? Nice to see it, lovely end to true confusion. FF, out.

1617205

I had thought of this before. I thought it was done but I decided to go forward with it. It was something I thought needed to be said.

The story indicates it was a degenerative nerve disorder. A fairly standard "old person disease" that is sad without being contagious or overly cruel.

1617104

The LaRoulettes are local big fish. Of course they will be welcome into the fold. That one is probably the child or grandchild of Toola and Cheerilee, at least that's what I imagined.

1617376

True confusion? How so?

Also... I know the artist that did that image in your avatar. I don't know they would appreciate he rather blatant recolor. Appledash is a big OTP of his.

1617881
Yes the 2nd chapter was quite strange, something about the writing. Also the avatar isn't mine, just something I found online, I don't have paint or photoshop on my mac:derpyderp1:.

I was not expecting more, but more is good in this case.

1619157

Really? Sorry. It was supposed to be a standard flashback. Silver remembering how Diamond became what she is. And how they fell in love.

1624274
Oh don't say sorry, it was creative and very nice just a bit hoppity. Nothing wrong with that.

Haven't read yet but will soon...

1783845

Please do. These two need more love and appreciation.

1788914
Buck. I just finished it. Why is the thought of the ponies dying so sad!!!!!???? :raritycry: Well done. :pinkiesad2:

On one hand, fun story about aging. On the other... That's not how pony names work.
I mean, it should be a really minor point, but concepts like that are irritating.

1881563

What's wrong with Pie-Sparkle? Pony name rules seem arbitrary at best, so they can accomadate all types. At least in my view.

I'll never understand why romance is the most popular form of story that people like to write. Regardless, I have a job to do, so allow me to get straight to the review. If there's one thing this story has going for it, it's that it has all the great hallmarks of a well-written romance story. It's descriptive, it's emotional, there's conflict, and the relationship itself comes across as mostly believable. I find it interesting that the story does have a beginning, middle, and end even though the three are so detached from one another. It's like a man with hands and feet but no arms or legs. Definitely an interesting format.

To me, this read more like a painting than a story. We're watching an entire life pass by from a few significant scenes: childhood, marriage, and death. In addition, the focus of the story revolves around emotion rather than action, as the events that unfold are hardly as important as the emotions that relate to them. Silver's attitude about the marriage eclipsed the ceremony itself, and Diamond's reaction to Silver's death was much more paramount than the act of Silver dying. Therefore, it occurred to me that this is more the type of story to be enjoyed in an artistic sense rather than one to serve as an explicit source of entertainment. There's more to be found in this story by digging into it rather than looking at it at face value.

I've seen the foundation of love set up through one rescuing the other from bullies so many times I could blow a mental bubble with it, but "cliche" isn't a word in my critical dictionary. If I were to criticize the two instances of bullying in this story, it would be for the fact that the bullying characters are too one-dimensional. I thought Featherweight served as a much more dangerous antagonist to their relationship simply because he was more than a brick wall with a few nasty words. I'm of the opinion that a character introduced into a story should exist as a character rather than a device. I think it makes things more interesting.

Personally, the third and fourth chapters were where most of my interest fell. Most of the conflict occurred in these chapters, which is really where that interest arose. I thought Silver's argument against Featherweight was good, but it didn't feel resolved to me. Silver tells Featherweight he's disillusioned because he thinks that what he sees in movies is real life and then goes on to say she's going to live a fairy tale life. I can't quite see a solid moral from that argument. I think it would be a little more believable if maybe Featherweight's argument had some more basis or Silver's had some flaws in some aspects. Maybe if we were to see Diamond's opinion as well it would be more tangible. We saw what Diamond thought of Silver as a whole in the last chapter, but it was a retrospective look. We're talking about a marriage that most likely made it to its platinum anniversary, something almost unheard of in real life. Any marriage that could make it that far and retain that original love would definitely be looked back at with some rose-colored glasses.

In relation to that point, I'd have to say the relationship of Diamond and Silver would have to be my biggest criticism of the story. While the dedication and commitment between the two is uplifting and well-established, I can't help but see it as a bit too flawless. All of the conflict in their relationship comes from external sources. The bullies at the pre-preschool, the bullies at Ponyville Elementary, Featherweight, and Silver's death are the sources of conflict, and it's through their relationship that they endure and overcome them all. There's no real sign of doubt, fear, uncertainty, or even any criticism between the two of them. It just sticks half of a thumb into the eye of believability that is pretty consistent otherwise.

My biggest commendation of this story would have to be Diamond's eulogy speech in the final chapter. Regardless of how perfect or imperfect the marriage actually was, you can tell from this speech just how strong and meaningful it was to Diamond. It also presents the closest element there was to a problem with their relationship. It still comes from an external source, but it relates to something that was inherent within the relationship and serves as a consistent theme in your story: dependence on planning. The implications are clear: the most important plan they have is the one that doesn't work out, and you can really see the effect it has. To cause Diamond to desire to will herself to death pretty much sums it up. In the universe you've created, I can't imagine a co-dependence stronger than the one between Diamond and Silver.

It's a very well-written story with some of the most professional descriptive prowess I've seen in awhile. It wasn't the most entertaining read, and I personally couldn't get behind the content of the story, but I see the merit and emotion you put behind it, and critically I'd say it's very good. I'd call this story a bowl of nectarines and kumquats. Not exactly the tastiest to eat, but very presentable and in season.

Make the most!

2587975

My word. I have seldom had a more cogent and well-written review of any work of mine, particularly coming by surprise like this. You were properly kind and firm as necessary. I can see and appreciate all the points you made, though i feel you may have misunderstood a certain part of this story.

There were two purposes to writing this. First, to redeem characters most often used only as quick, easy and guilt-free victims. Second, to show my own headcanon vision of a peaceful Equestria. Threats are few and peace is abundant. Diamond and Silver are also uniquely suited to one another, filling the gaps in each others' personalities and lives. The "fairy tale' wasn't pie-eyed speculating, it was a point of fact. Insofar as it is possible to 'call' the future, Silver called it because nothing seemed likely to ever change it.

Also, the antagonists all had an origin that meant something to me. The preschool foals represented the Objectivist ponies that would buy into the mush of the school; the Ponyville elementary bully actually came out of the story "Confidence" and from the blog 'Ask Silver Spoon'; Featherweight is a bad Rom-Com 'nice' guy who thinks that living in a manor or uptown or in anything but squallor or boho surroundings is inauthentic or some sort of torturous punishment. Only death is pure in its intentions.

Much like my other redemption story 'The Long-Eared Temptress' the tale must be appreciated in the spirit in which it was written, showing characters who 'know what they like' getting on in life with the one that can actually handle them.

Once again i offer great thanks for this review and hope that you continue to enjoy my works. :yay:

2588408
I think I understand. This story had more of a focus on an idealized, alternative realism than a more traditional one. I suppose I would define this alternative realism as a form of romanticism. Therefore, there was more emphasis on romanticism than realism, which makes the story more emotional at the cost of making it less relatable. It helps in refining this story's strong points and also contributes to its biggest shortcoming.

Always happy to help a fellow Diamond Tiara supporter. If Diamond's there, so am I. Glad you could get something out of my review.

2588633

I think Diamond deserves better than what she gets. and so does Silver. They deserve to be together and in love.

One other thing: It's not romanticism if it is the reality for the world. That's really all I can think of to say.

2588846
Perhaps, but it is a pretty romanticized reality. :twilightsmile:

:fluttercry::fluttercry::fluttercry::fluttercry::fluttercry::fluttercry::fluttercry::fluttercry::fluttercry::fluttercry:
I have never read a story that actually made me cry. This did. It's the saddest I've ever read!!!
:raritycry::raritycry::raritycry::raritycry::raritycry::raritycry::raritycry::raritycry::raritycry::raritycry:

"Silver ruthlessly beaten, and sexually assaulted." by any chance are referring to Ham Gravy's Tarnished Silver Series?

while foal abuse is not at all attractive to me I have to admit his story I am a very passionate fan of.:duck:

Please tell me of which fics you speak so I can avoid them at ALL COSTS!:flutterrage:

"one had both of them beaten to death, one had Silver Spoon beaten to death by Diamond Tiara and the other was Silver ruthlessly beaten, and sexually assaulted."

The last thing I want to see is best pony Silver Spoon and her BFF/ special somepony beaten to death:raritydespair:

3469957

For the love of Luna why in the buck would a fan of Silver enjoy that abortion of literature?

3469971

I don't even remember the titles on the other two. They just left my mind because I was just disgusted and didn't even bother talking to the writers.

3473531 wow you think Tarnished Silver is that bad? Have you READ the entire series? The drama and action in the final volume "A Silver Sky" is particularly amazing.

To see how Silver Spoon evolves from an indifferent toady of a villain (Rarity) into the hero we all know she could be, is breath taking!

Tarnished Silver Spoon is so much like my Serving Silver Spoon it is down right scary! :pinkiegasp: The difference though being my Spoony never let her desires hurt other ponies, besides mere taunts and teasing with DT as a foal.:twilightsmile:

but hay I don't blame you. Some of the scenes can get pretty heart breaking and disturbing.:applecry:

1325738 Hay yeah.. Rarity:raritywink: never killed anypony in Tarnished Silver. Give the devil her due, will yea?:yay:

and I am so reading this story even before It was endorsed by Ham Gravy:scootangel:

That was so tragically beautiful.. I feel like apart of me died and was buried with Silver Spoon!:applecry:

I was able to hold my composure just enough to read on, until Diamond Tiara said "I was supposed to go first! It was supposed to be me!" at that point I just lost it.

In the end I actually thought Diamond with all her will was going to pull it off, to die by sheer force of will alone. If anypony could it would be her.

But Silver Spoon would want DT to live on. And so life continues even though it is not what we will it to be.

Rest In Peace, Silver Spoon Lode/Rich.
Beloved Wife, Mother, Grandmother, and great Grandmother.
You may not have been a nice filly, but you were a wonderful loving mare.
:ajsleepy::applecry::fluttercry::pinkiesad2::raritydespair::unsuresweetie:

3476747

Getting to all the comments at once...

I know that it takes hardship to be a heroine but the almost gleeful foal rape and abuse and the complete mutilation of characters is tragic. I don't want to see stories about foals being abused, it's disgusting and antisocial. (The abuse is the key; "Dogs Days of Ponyville, redux" has Silver with a bunch of dogs but she agreed to it and in the end she's with Diamond.) I just want to know why there is a community of foal-abusers that Celestia doesn't disembowel.

The Indiana Jones moment was so totally intentional, but you're right that she totally could have been Laura Croft. But since I never played the game much I didn't know a good line to give her, but everyone knows "It belongs in a museum."

From the start, "Sugarlump Rump" to me seemed like a love thing. Their version of kissing and such, as you said. I've shipped them from the start.

Silver is the perfect grounded mare. She knows the facts and will not let anyone slander the plain reality.

I wanted that moment of uncertainty, when it seemed like Diamond had succeeded. But in the end, you were right. She needed to live on. Silver wanted her to go on as long as possible. I'm glad I could reach you emotionally. Now I'll make a note that I need to go to your page and read your SilverTiara stories (They are in a romantic relationship, right?)

3478676
Sadly I have no stories here. Serving Silver Spoon is a character I RP as on tumblr.

Her life differs greatly but her personality is based on my observations of the show, given anthro form. A caring filly underneath who loves making ponies smile but would forsake all others for her beloved Diamond Tiara.

Coming from a mob family in Manehatten My Silver was orphaned in Canterlot when she thought both her parents had been gunned down. When she was 9yrs old.

At 10 she was taken in by Mr Rich and set up as unpaid foal labor. Mostly light house work and the personal servant to Diamond Tiara Rich The III. Diamond was 9.

Silver and Diamond had been in serious secret relationship since they were SS12 and DT11

Due to certain events includeing her (ahem) rape at 15 by Mr Rich; her Master, Silver Spoon has developed over the years a taste for BDSM and pet Play as a masochist. Her greatest joy in life is serving Diamond Tiara (also a sadist but not the Rarity kind)

Both love each other with all their heart, and they have adopted 2 going on three foals from underprivilidged back grounds.

One a Changeling Female 3yrs that was placed on the door step to their mansion. My OC Star Clover.

the other two a 14yr old Diamond Dazzle Tiara and an 8yr old Silver Spoon from different universes who were abused by their parents.

The last two are characters played by other users. I claim NO responsibility for the young DT and SS's abuse!

But it was her confession of love for his daughter that enraged Mr Rich and motivated is assault of his "maid" Silver Spoon. He couldn't fathom his daughter being a fillyfooler and in love with a servant of all ponies.

Sad that I and Diamond Dazzle's user have assassinated the character of Filthy Rich because he seemed like a decent sort in that one episode.

Silver is no longer a slave accept by choice. She is also a mother and baker at Sugar Cube Corner. Cooking for and Serving ponies to make them smile is her special talent. She loves playing the hostess at DT's mansion they share.

Sadly as a user my health is such that I can no longer provide service as her to every guest that enters the mansion in RP.

One truth remains. Diamond would do anything to protect Silver Spoon and Silver would do anything to make Diamond Tiara smile.

Your fic only strengthens further my faith in this ship.

DaimondSpoon forever!:raritywink:

3478676 WARNING SPOILERS AHEAD!


Also Celestia is the biggest villain of them all in Tarnished Silver. Driven mad by her lonliness and guilt she sought answers for what happened to her sister and why.

She conjured up this belief that the universe must seek balance. That because the kingdom was too perfect that Nightmare Moon was created to restore that balance.

So for 9 Generations she has aided in creating The Circle (as counter to good and peace) and destroying it once it got to uncontrollable only to rebuild again later! much like the Machines to the human city of Xion in the "Matrix"

Luna beleived the balance Celestia spoke of could exist but knew their was no excuse for the suffering of foals. So another coup was staged and in the end The Circle was broken and Luna emerged as the High Princess.

Celestia was punished most severely. Imprisoned and Doomed to live in dreams in real time the life of a foal slave from birth to death, from each of the 10 cults she helped perpetuate.

I received NO pleasure from the foal abuse but I applaud the story behind it.

It was the first fan fic I ever read, Focussed on Silver Spoon.

It made me love Silver Spoon and Diamond Tiara all the more.:twilightsmile:

My only regret is that in the end Silver thought she had to give up BOTH Rarity and Diamond as love intrest because they brought out the worst in her.:applecry:

But Something an adult Diamond said in the final chapter while looking at Silver's photo "One day you will be mine again.. No.. I will be yours." gives me hope that maybe they will find that love for each other again.:pinkiehappy:

You made me cry very well done.

Just got around to reading this. Beautifully and emotionally written. You captured Diamond's grief perfectly. I felt that.

Login or register to comment