• Published 24th May 2021
  • 598 Views, 36 Comments

The Ghost of Cozy Glow- A Redux - SapphireRose87



I'm Betty Jewel and after smashing a villian named Cozy Glow's statue, her ghost now follows me around.

  • ...
21
 36
 598

26) See You on the Other Side!

{Betty}

The day after my birthday I had made my Death Walker decision. My decision was to die. I had plenty of reasons to die, two most important ones were to free Cozy Glow so she could finally crossover and the other one was to be with Dae.

“Are you sure you want to do this?” Cozy Glow asked.

“Yeah, I’m sure.” I flew towards Ghastly Gorge for the last time that I would fly, while still alive in the Land of the Living. Once I landed on the edge of the cliff, I pulled my staff out and the rope I had with me to tie my wings down with.

I heard Norman and Fluttershy running up to see me and so, I turned and put my hand to stop them from coming any closer.

“Why Betty?” Norman asked. “I just came back in your life to lose you again! This is not okay with me! Please don’t do this!”

I shook my head, “No Norman, it’s my choice. I made up my mind about it and you can’t change it. This has nothing to do with you.” I gazed at him sternly, “So, please don’t feel bad about this. I’m a Death Walker, so I’ll be able to come and see you, even if I’m dead. Just stay where you are, okay?”

“Betty, this is painful to see! Are you really sure this is what you want?” Fluttershy asked while gazing at me with her big sympathetic blue eyes.

I nodded. “Yes, I’m sure.”

I took my rope and tied my wings down, so I wouldn't be able to rescue myself by flying as I fell to my death. I smiled. “Well guys this is it! See you on the other side!”

With those final parting words, I turned and ran to the cliff before leaping to my demise…

* * *

“I can’t believe she…” Norman said before blinking. “She… She...She jumped!”

“Well,” said Cozy Glow, “at least she finished the job this time…”

“That’s not funny, Cozy Glow!” Norman snapped.

“That wasn’t supposed to be funny Norman.” Cozy Glow said. “It’s actually a fact. Two years ago, when Betty was only twenty years old, before you came into Betty’s life, she tried to kill herself. That’s the first time I talked to her after I died. We were stuck in some sort of limbo together. She said she despised me and I didn’t blame her. I'm part of the reason she got picked on in school for being a relative of hers. I’m your cousin, you know. After we talked, I found out that my soul was bound to hers. And well... you know the rest.”

“I see,” said Norman, “but that still doesn’t make this okay!”

“I know Norman.” Cozy Glow sighed, “What’s done is done.”

I heard this conversation as I floated to the top of the cliff. I looked down to see my lifeless body lying on the ground. It was weird to me seeing my body on the ground like that.

Yeah I know. Well I guess I’ll be seeing you on the other side, literally. Dae thought.

No comment. I thought.

I turned around to see that a portal had opened up. As I started to float up to it I said. “Well Cozy Glow.”

“Yes, Betty?” Cozy Glow said while staring back up at me.

“I think this means you’re free to crossover now, so follow me through the portal as soon as you can.” I said. “And Norman? This is goodbye until the next time I see you!"

I turned and floated to the portal to begin my Afterlife.

* * *

Once I got to the Afterlife and went to go stand before the Afterlife Court along with Cozy Glow, I was just as nervous as she was. From what Dae told me, the old man that was sitting at the center of the table of judges was the Headcouncilman. I gulped when I saw the stack of papers sitting next to him. "Ah, I see you're nervous, and rightfully so! But, no need to worry. Why? Because Death Walkers aren't sorted when they die,” he gave me a wry smile in his black judge’s robe, “Unless of course, they've committed a crime like your mother did with the death threat and all. She specifically went to the Castle of the Two Sisters to kill you. You killed her out of self defense and to add to that, she was a serial killer. But since you didn't commit a crime, you can go either here or over there."

It was comical, because the Headcouncilman pointed in each direction when he said here to there. I tried not to laugh at this. He chuckled, "Yeah, yeah what I just did was hilarious, I know. So, wherever you go Betty, it's your choice, just like it was your choice to die. I have a feeling as to why you made that choice."

Headcouncilman turned to Cozy Glow, "Cozy Glow."

"Um, yes Mr. Headcouncilman sir?" Cozy Glow said nervously while pensively looking up at the pulpit.

"We have already reviewed your records and we agree that what you have done while you were alive and while you were dead in Equestria balances each other out." Headcouncilman said while smiling at the filly. "So we’re gonna give you a choice! You can either go to heaven or you can be resurrected as a newborn Pegasus.” He leaned forward. “Of course if you choose to be resurrected, you will have to pick a new name and you'll have to grow up all over again."

"Golly," said Cozy Glow while staring down at the judge with a frown, "that's a tough choice to make! Can I have some time to think about it?"

Headcouncilman smiled and nodded. "Of course! We of the Afterlife Court figured you might say something like that. So, you have until the end of the week to decide."

"Yes sir!" Cozy Glow said with a smile and nod. "Thank you so much for the choice!"

The Headcouncilman nodded. "No problem Cozy Glow. Now that's all for you two right now. You're dismissed!"

"Yes sir!" Cozy Glow and I said.

* * *

When Cozy Glow and I left the Afterlife Court, Dae was waiting for us outside. He smiled, "Well now, welcome to the rest of your afterlife you two!"

"Uh, actually it might not be an afterlife for me," Cozy Glow said while staring up at Dae.

Dae tilted his head to the right. "What do you mean?"

"Well, the Afterlife Court gave me a choice, I can either go to heaven or be resurrected as a newborn Pegasus," Cozy Glow explained. "They gave me until the end of the week to decide, I have no idea what I'm going to do until then."

Dae nodded. "Oh I see, well you're welcome to stay at the castle in Hell until you decide what to do, in one of our guest rooms." He turned to me, "Betty, I have a question for you."

"What is it?" I asked.

Right then and there, Dae got down on one knee and took out a small black box. "It's true, I am a king without a queen. But without you by my side, I’m less than half a demon… My question is simple... Will you marry me?"

I didn't even have to think twice, "Yes!"

I gasped when Dae opened the box to reveal an engagement ring with a gold band and a black Onyx stone in the middle of it. Dae slipped the ring on the ring finger of my left hand to combine with the promise ring he had given me before I died.

Cozy Glow wiped the happy tears on her face with her right forehoof as she stared onward, "Awww! I never thought I'd see the day I'd witness someone proposing marriage to someone!"

Dae smiled and kissed me. "Looks like you are staying with me in the castle in Hell! But you'll be staying in the Bride's Chambers."

"Huh? Bride's Chambers? Why?" I asked.

Dae nodded, "Yeah, it's a custom in Hell that the King's future wife sleeps in a separate room until after the wedding. I don't know why, because I already took your virginity and all. That's also a custom in Hell for the King to take his future wife's virginity before the King proposes to her."

I shook my head in disbelief. "Let me get this straight, you must sleep with your future wife before the marriage proposal, but you can't sleep with her before the wedding?"

"Yup," said Dae with a grin and chuckle, "yeah I know the rules are weird in Hell."

"No kidding," I said.

"Um, Dae," said Cozy Glow, "if you don't mind, I would like to stay in a guest room in the Middle Ground, until I make my decision. No offense to you or anything."

Dae chuckled, "No offense taken Cozy Glow. I'll make the arrangements for you."

Cozy Glow nodded. "Sure! Thanks so much!"

* * *

Cozy Glow didn't take too long to make up her mind. She decided to be resurrected as a newborn Pegasus. As soon as that happened, I sent word to Norman about it and he agreed to adopt her two weeks after she was resurrected. So Cozy had a short stay in an orphanage. She picked the name Amethyst Rose for herself. Fluttershy sent me a picture of what Cozy looks like now. I must say Cozy Glow is adorable as a baby Pegasus!

Dae and I were sitting at a picnic table in the garden behind his castle. I have no idea how a garden is even able to survive in Hell, but okay sure.

"You know what?" I said. "Cozy Glow looks absolutely adorable as a baby Pegasus!"

"I know, I'm just glad Norman agreed to adopt her," Dae said. "I wonder if he did it out of respect for you?"

I shrugged. "I have no idea."

"I also think it's interesting that you developed all of the demon traits needed to rule over Hell with me in three days!" Dae said.

"I have no idea how that one happened either, but it did." I said.

"Are you going to go to your funeral tomorrow?" Dae asked. "Honestly, I think you should at least watch it through a portal, if you don't want to be there in person."

"Yeah I'll watch it through a portal," I said, "it would be way too weird if the person dead is there watching her body being buried."

Dae nodded. "Yeah, I understand, I don't know what it's like to die. So at least I don't have to worry about that."

I tilted my head and raised an eyebrow. "What are you talking about Dae?"

"I was born in Hell," explained Dae, "my soul never crossed over to the Land of the Living. So I was never alive in the first place. It would be the same thing if we had children."

"I see, well, that makes sense."

"You know, I noticed something else during your fight with your mother, besides you playing a game of ping pong with her."

"What was it?" I asked while staring at the demon curiously.

"You developed all nine Death Walker abilities during the fight," Dae said.

I paused. Then I realized Dae was right. Every attack I threw at The Strange Woman I met at birth was one of the nine Death Walker abilities.

"You're speechless because you know I'm right, aren’t you?" Dae said in a matter of fact way.

I nodded. I didn't say anything because I had no idea what to say.

* * *

The next day was my funeral and I wasn't there personally, I just watched it through a portal like Dae suggested. I must say, there wasn't a dry eye in the room, except for Applejack. As a matter of fact, she doesn't cry at anything. Norman asked her why she wasn't crying and Pinkie looked back at him and cried, "Applejack cries on the inside Norman!"

Applejack confirmed it with a blunt statement, "It's true!"

Even though my funeral was a sad occasion, I really couldn't stop myself from laughing at that comment. There’s something amusing about people not behaving the right way in certain situations.

Of course, it didn't surprise me that Silver made a scene. He did the whole 'take me with you' line. Yeah, I don't think death works that way. Mystic was equally upset, although she didn't make a scene. Marble, on the other hoof, was trying so hard to calm Silver down by grabbing his tail and to keep him from jumping into the coffin… That was also pretty hilarious…

Even Cozy Glow was upset, as she was crying along with everyone else. Norman was holding her as he took her out of her stroller to console her the best he could. Although I wasn't sure if Cozy Glow knew what was going on, since she was now a newborn Pegasus. I’m guessing she cried because everyone and everypony else was crying.

Finally, when my body was buried, I closed the portal. I turned to Dae because he was sitting in his office watching the funeral with me.

I laughed, "Well, that was a spectacle of a funeral! And that was my funeral! Wow."

Dae cracked up, "You can say that again. Even Cozy Glow was crying for some reason."

"That was weird, but I don't think she understood what was going on," I said. "She was probably crying because everyone else was crying."

Dae shrugged. "Your guess is as good as mine!"

Dae smiled at me and he reached over and kissed me. Then I remembered I had to go to the seamstress office tomorrow to be fitted for my dress that I had to wear to the wedding and another dress that I was going to have to wear for my coronation ceremony. To tell the truth, I wasn't looking forward to that at all.

I knew Dae heard my thoughts because he snorted. "Oh come on Betty! I doubt it's going to be that bad! Okay, maybe a little boring, but not horrible."

"Yeah, speak for yourself," I said, "I don't like being measured for anything. It takes forever and it's just plain annoying."

Dae couldn't stop laughing. He fell out of his seat from laughing so hard. He composed himself after a while after shaking his head. "Okay Betty, I get it. I guess it's a good thing I got your ring measurements from Fluttershy. Did you know she keeps a journal about how much you've grown when you were growing up?"

I raised my right eyebrow. "Seriously?"

Dae nodded. "Uh-huh, she really did think of you as her child. A lot more than the-" He paused. "How did you refer to her again?"

"The Strange Woman I met at birth." I responded.

Dae snorted, "Yup that's a good name for her for sure! At least you didn't feel the need to play ping pong with her when you were alive."

"Ha, ha Dae!" I growled. "Yeah I would never do that to Fluttershy! Why would I do that to somepony as nice as her? I wouldn't do that to her even if I was mad."

Dae smiled, "Yeah I know. Well, the wedding is in a couple of days, I can't wait to be with you after that."

"Same here." I said with a flirting smile because I felt the same way.

* * *

The next day, I was at the seamstress office and after five minutes of being there, I was bored out of my mind. I seemed to be giving Parada entertainment at least.

"Let me guess," I said, "you can hear my thoughts can't you?"

Parada shook her head. "Nope, not one little bit."

"But you're a demon!" I exclaimed. "Aren't all demons supposed to be able to do that?"

"Not every demon can do that," answered Parada, "I'm in the lower class of the royal family. I'm in the same category of a servant. Servants can't read minds or communicate by thought. Only the upper class of the royal family can do that. Also, the lower class of the royal family can't go outside of their realm. I'm sorry Princess Betty, but the look on your face says it all! That's why I'm laughing."

I paused. "Wait, Princess Betty?"

Parada nodded. "Uh-huh, since you're engaged to the King, you're a princess until after your coronation ceremony. After that, you will be referred to as Queen Betty. And believe me, you’ll most certainly have children, and will be referred to as prince or princess after they've gotten all of the demon traits that the upper class of the royal family get. Until that happens, they will just have the title of 'child' added to their names."

"Oh, I see," I said.

"Yes, yes Princess Betty," the seamstress said with excitement, "I have the perfect idea for your wedding dress and your coronation ceremony dress! Why, I remember when I made King Dae's coronation ceremony outfit! The memory still brings tears to my eyes!"

"What?" I asked. "Did he have to wear a dress too?"

The seamstress cracked up, "Oh no my dear! He wore a suit jacket with a black shirt underneath and black dress pants along with black dress shoes. He also wore a cape, not too short and not too long. He didn't have to wear the cape anymore when he got his crown, but Queens and Princesses do have to wear a cape as part of their royal attire. It's the standard protocol."

"Do I have to wear a dress for the rest of my afterlife?" I asked.

Parada snorted, "Well, no, but you can't decide that until after the wedding and your coronation ceremony. But whatever you decide, you will have to wear the cape with your royal attire at least. You don't have to wear one with your battle attire, because it’s not practical. Oh, and that red sash you got with your medals on it! You'll also need to wear that with your royal attire, but not with your battle attire."

"Alright," I said, "I've already decided. I'm not wearing a dress for the rest of my afterlife. Nope! I'm not doing it!"

The seamstress snorted, "Yup, you are definitely the perfect match for Dae alright! He's weird and you're weird too! There's never been a Princess in the Royal Family like you before!"

"Really?" I said while staring at her wide-eyed.

The seamstress nodded, "You'll be finding out why Dae's weird after the wedding, that's for sure. As far as you go, there's never been a Queen ruling over Hell that's half human and half pony. Not to mention, a Legendary Death Walker now!"

"Yeah Princess of Hell, yes," I said, "a Legend, no."

Parada snorted, "You know, you're going to become a Queen right? Number one: it's safe to say you should go ahead and call yourself Queen Betty. Second, since you're becoming a Queen, you should start acting like one."

"Uh, what do you mean?" I asked.

"Well, you should start working on not acting like a tomboy all the time," said Parada, "and you should get used to having creatures of all shapes and sizes bowing to you. You wanna practice?"

"Practice what?" I asked.

"What to say when people bow to you. At least that you can do at the moment. You'll figure out the whole not acting like a tomboy later." Parada said.

"So, what do I say when people bow to me?" I said.

"You say, ‘You can look at me now.’" replied Parada.

"Yeah, that's going to take some getting used to," I said.

"Yeah, I know." Parada replied.

"I think I can help out with this." The seamstress said. She bowed to me.

At first I felt awkward about it, but I said what I needed to say, "You can look at me now."

"Hmm, it's a work in progress," said Parada, "but given more practice and time, you'll get used to it."

"If you say so." I said.

Parada smiled, "Yeah, I do say so."

* * *

Two days later the wedding happened. I was sitting in the Bride's Chambers, getting ready. I had the dress that I was supposed to wear on and I secretly hoped that a boulder dropped on me after seeing myself in the mirror. To me, I just looked stupid in it.

Yeah, this is exactly why I'm not wearing a dress for the rest of my afterlife. I thought.

"I can tell by the look on your face that you don't like wearing this dress." Fluttershy chuckled. "I think you look cute in it!"

"Yeah," I said, "I don't do cute and I don't do puffy either."

Fluttershy snorted, "Yeah I know. I still think you look cute in it and I'm sure Dae's going to have fun taking it off you."

"I'm going to pretend you didn't just say that mom!" I said. "I still can't believe that Discord's walking me down the aisle!"

It almost seemed like Discord heard what I said because there was a pop and Discord appeared. "Aww! You look absolutely adorable in that dress! You're my cute little half and half daughter! I'm so proud!" Said the draconequus as he gazed at me with his mismatched eyes.

"Discord!" Fluttershy gasped. "What are you doing in the Bride's Chambers? Get out now! Don't you dare tell Dae about the dress! If you come back in here, I'll give you the stare!"

"Fine," Discord pouted and he snapped his claw and disappeared.

I couldn't contain my laughter at Fluttershy scolding Discord.

* * *

The wedding went off without a hitch and two weeks later after Dae and I got back from our honeymoon, was my coronation ceremony. The news cameras were everywhere I went. Everyone wanted to get a glimpse at the new Queen of Hell. Although I didn't blame them for that, it was starting to get on my nerves. About the only way I was able to get rid of them was when I was in the King and Queens Chambers. The only problem was I couldn't stay there for too long.

One day, I was watching the news broadcast about my coronation ceremony and wedding with Dae in our Chambers through a portal.

"Well now everyone," said the first news reporter, "it seems our King finally has a Queen!"

"Wow, what a looker she is!" The second news reporter said. "The King sure picked a good one alright! She's totally out of my league or anyone else of the royal family's league for that matter. And don't even think about getting in her bed either!"

"Hey! It's rude to talk about the Queen of Hell that way! I would appreciate it if you would start using your common sense when reporting the news!" The first news reporter said scolding the second news reporter. "I don't think the King would think too kindly of you talking about his wife like that!"

The news reporter shrugged. "Eh, well so sue me! Sorry about that, King Dae. Oh and we'll have more footage on Queen Betty's coronation ceremony coming up!"

When we closed the portal, I couldn't stop laughing at the news broadcast.

Dae growled. "Yeah, I don't think that's funny Betty. I'm going to have to have a word with them on how they broadcast the news from now on."

I stopped laughing and composed myself, "I was wondering, why did you turn down a marriage proposal from Princess Twilight?"

"Well, number one, she's an annoying spoiled brat." Dae answered. "Number two, I had no intention of being married to a horse!"

I snorted. "That makes two of us, I don't want to be married to a horse either!"

Dae started laughing at that comment. I thought about how Dae told me to finally accept Princess Twilight's apology at least and I eventually did. We also decided to lift the ban from Princess Twilight ever coming to Hell. But she was only allowed to come to Hell on the condition that she was summoned. She can’t come in otherwise.

"Well at least the princess got her apology out of her rear end," I said. "All I had to do was lift the tail and pull it out."

Dae couldn't stop laughing at my new comedy material. I joined in. At least we can't die laughing at this point. We’re both already dead!

* * *

The following week, for some reason, I started to feel sick and I wasn't sure why. I was pretty much down for the count and couldn't get out of bed. One day I was still in bed and throwing up in a basket and Dae was holding me in his arms. He felt the need to touch my stomach for whatever the reason and after he did it, he gasped.

I groaned, "What's wrong Dae?"

"Betty, I know exactly why you're feeling sick." Dae said.

"Why?" I asked while blinking and staring at the demon interestedly.

"You're pregnant." Dae responded.

I paused. "Excuse me? How is that even possible?"

"Hello," said Dae, "I was born in Hell, I'm not quite sure about the specifics but it's possible. From what I can sense, it's a girl."

"Oh." I said after I threw up. "So exactly how long am I going to be pregnant with her?"

"It depends on the baby." Dae answered. "The baby will decide when she wants to come out of your womb."

"Lovely." I said after throwing up again.

"I think you'll have to rest until she comes out," Dae said. "According to Lucifer, Mom was only pregnant with me for a month when I came out. One time I saw a woman pregnant with her child for only two weeks when the baby came out of her womb!"

"Well, the sooner she comes out, the better." I said.

* * *

It turns out my baby girl didn't want to come out of my womb until a year later! She was a half and half just like me. Or if you want to be more correct, she's a demon with wings. She was absolutely adorable! The strange thing was she had a ruby jewel on her forehead. So Dae and I decided to call her Ruby.

Then for some reason, the leader of the Icebreakers named Hankle, decided to pay us a visit. We were in the throne room when Hankle decided to stop by.

Hankle smiled, "Well, now it seems Elizabeth called it, you two would be married as the last part of the vision came true!"

"Uh, huh?" I asked while tilting my head.

"We saw a vision that consisted of four parts," said Hankle, "the first part was your suicide attempt, the second part was you winning the two medals you have, the third part was you developing all nine Death Walker abilities to kill your mother with and the fourth part was you becoming the Queen of Hell. Honestly, for that last part I thought you might lock King Dae up in a dungeon and rule over Hell by yourself. That's never happened before though."

The image of me locking Dae up in a dungeon so I could rule over Hell on my own was funny to me and I tried so hard to contain my laughter. I wasn't sure if I was successful at it?

"I heard you have a child now? A baby girl to be exact, who you named Ruby?" Hankle asked. "Can I see her?"

Dae and I nodded and sent for the nanny to get Ruby. When Ruby was brought out, she was still asleep and sucking her thumb.

"Aww," said Hankle, "she's adorable. Anyway, although it is nice to see you two and your daughter, that's not the main reason I came here. We of the Icebreakers have seen a new vision."

"Okay." I said.

"The vision that we've seen is that there will be a new generation of Death Walkers," Hankle said.

"Huh?" I asked.

Hankle nodded. "Uh-huh, you are the last Death Walker in your generation. So we of the Icebreakers saw that we shall have a new generation. The first two new Death Walkers that we name are Cozy Glow and Norman Jewel."

My jaw dropped and I gasped, "Wait, what! You're joking right? Please tell me you're joking!"

Hankle shook his head. "Nope, I'm not joking, Queen Betty but here's the thing, they won't develop their Death Walker abilities for twelve years. It is our request that you not see or talk to them until then. Oh and the year that it took for Ruby to be born counts towards that. So it's actually eleven more years."

I opened my mouth and closed it in shock. I was speechless, not only was Cozy Glow and my brother announced as Death Walkers, I wouldn't be able to see them for twelve years! (No, I take that back, eleven years!) When I regained my composure, I nodded, because I knew there was no way around this decision.

Hankle nodded, "Good, I have done my duties as the leader of the Icebreakers so I shall take my leave now."

After Hankle left, was when my brain decided to start freaking out.

"Betty, calm down!" Dae said. "The Icebreakers have made their decision and there's nothing we can do about it. It's going to take time but you can deal with this okay?"

When Dae yanked on my tail it annoyed me, "That's my stupid tail you know!"

"Yeah, I know that," said Dae, "you were hovering and you need to sit down."

I sighed, "Fine, I'll try to stay calm, but it's not going to be easy."

"Yeah, I know." Dae said. He reached over and scratched me behind the ear and that helped me calm down a bit.

At that moment, Parada came running into the throne room and she looked panicked. She bowed to us.

"It's okay Parada, you can look at us now." Dae said. "What's wrong?"

Parada stood up and I could tell she was trying to stay calm. "Mr. Giggles is being summoned again!"

Dae gulped when Parada said that, "Are you sure?"

Parada nodded, "Yes, because of the whispers going around his cave."

I looked at Dae and his eyes were wide as saucers. If I didn't know any better, I'd say Dae was terrified of Mr. Giggles. Why would the King of Hell be afraid of a clown, I’m not sure?

"What's the big deal?" I asked. "I could sense that he's some powerful being when I first met him, but he doesn't scare me. Where he's from, I don't know, but he's not from this universe. Um, should I be afraid of him or something?"

Parada seemed puzzled by my reaction to Mr. Giggles and strangely enough, that calmed her down, "Wait, you're not afraid of Mr. Giggles?"

I shook my head, "Well no, as I just said he's some powerful being and he's not from this universe. I'm not afraid of him and for some reason he chose to live here in the form of the most butt ugly clown I've ever seen!"

Parada laughed, "Well, if you say so Queen Betty! That's all the information I had to tell you."

I nodded. "Okay, then you're dismissed!"

"Yes, your highness." Parada turned around and left and since I can read minds now, I heard in her thoughts that she thought my reaction to hearing about Mr. Giggles was funny.

Dae gave a nervous laugh, "Yeah, Mr. Giggles is really funny alright!"

"Well, I think we should go see him off to wherever he's going," I said, "if he's going to Equestria, we're going to have a problem."

Dae gulped, "No kidding."

I sent for the nanny to take Ruby back to her room and we headed to go see where Mr. Giggles was up to.

* * *

When Dae and I arrived at Mr. Giggles cave we heard his stupid laugh again. It still sounded like a hyena escaped from a zoo.

"It's been a while since I've seen you Betty and my, my," said Mr. Giggles, "look at how much you've grown!"

"And I care about your opinion of me because?" I said.

Mr. Giggles shrugged. "I guess it doesn't matter now does it?"

He paused when he saw the crown on my head and Dae standing next to me.

"This is an interesting change of events," Mr. Giggles said. "I haven't seen you in ages, King Dae! So we meet again after all this time, huh?"

Dae gave a nervous laugh and stammered, "H-Hey Mr. Giggles! How's it going? I've been really busy with my job, you know I'm the King of Hell right? So that's why I haven't been by for a visit lately. My bad!"

Mr. Giggles rolled his eyes at Dae, "Yeah, yeah, if I didn't know any better I'd say you're scared of me!"

"No I'm not!" Dae squeaked. I could tell by the sound of his voice he was lying. I covered my mouth with my hand to stifle a laugh.

There was a loud boom and we saw a portal open up in the sky. Mr. Giggles smiled a toothy grin. "Well, it looks like that's my portal. I'm not headed to Equestria this time. Until we meet again you two. Bye bye!"

Without another word, Mr. Giggles went through his portal and disappeared.

After Mr. Giggles disappeared, I turned to Dae and smirked.

"What's that look for Betty?" Dae asked.

"You're a wuss you know that right?" I teased.

"Ha, ha Betty." Dae said after rolling his eyes. "Let's go home."

"Sure." I said.

As Dae and I headed back to the Castle in Hell, I couldn't help but feel irked about Norman and Cozy Glow being named as Death Walkers and not being able to see them again for twelve years with the year that it took for Ruby to be born to become eleven years. I couldn't worry about it too much because there was nothing I could do about it. All I could do was wait until I could see them again.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment