• Published 24th May 2021
  • 598 Views, 36 Comments

The Ghost of Cozy Glow- A Redux - SapphireRose87



I'm Betty Jewel and after smashing a villian named Cozy Glow's statue, her ghost now follows me around.

  • ...
21
 36
 598

11) At least I have an Explanation for Your Weirdness

{Betty}

I'm going to do whatever I can do to keep myself awake tonight, I thought, I'm not being summoned to the Land of the Dead if I have something to say about it.

I sat at my desk working on my homework along with my strategy for the tracking team. I felt a hand on my shoulder and I turned around to see Dae standing there with a concerned look in his eyes. "I wouldn't worry about getting summoned tonight. You probably won't get summoned until your tracking assignment is done."

I tilted my head to the left. "Huh? What do you mean?"

Dae sighed. "I already let Celestia know what's going on." He paused and took a deep breath as he stared at me with a confused look. "Huh, your ears and tail are twitching big time."

"Huh?" I didn't realize that was happening until Dae said something. "Oh, I guess so? I probably won't be able to sit on my tail for a while."

"Why would you want to?" Dae asked.

"Well how else am I going to show anger? I could punch somepony in the face, but that would be considered assault. Probably not a good idea?"

Dae snorted as he half giggled. "Yeah, then they would throw you in jail!" He smiled and reached over to scratch me behind the ear. Not only did it feel good, but it seemed to calm me down a bit.

Dae chuckled. "Looks like that calms you down. Your ears and tail are back to normal."

I just sat there in daze, not knowing how to respond. Dae went and sat down on the bed and patted the bed on his left. I sat down next to him. Then, he leaned over and kissed me, and yet, this time, I didn't push him away. Honestly, I didn't want him to stop kissing me! It went from us just kissing, to a full on make-out session. After a while, we stopped and I sat down on his lap while he held me in his arms. I put my head on his chest and he leaned back on the bed.

"You realize you just made out with a robot right?" Dae teased.

I laughed, "I guess I can say I can't deny my feelings for you now. Too bad I can't leave the curtains open for Silver to see."

"It's a shame we can't make out in front of that brat Princess Twilight." Dae said. "She's been after me for two years now. Ever since I said no to her first marriage proposal."

"Really?" I said. "Well, I don't blame her. You are pretty handsome."

"I would take things further with you, but it's not time for that." Dae said.

"What are you talking about Dae?" I asked.

"What do you think I'm talking about?" Dae asked while raising his right eyebrow. "Have you even done what I'm hinting at before? Do you know what it feels like?"

"Ah…" I wasn't sure if I wanted to tell Dae that I was a virgin just yet.

Of course, since Dae can hear my thoughts, he found my reaction funny. "Wow, you're a virgin, huh? And with all of those stalkers you have. Exactly who are you saving yourself for?"

I deadpanned, "No one, I'm not interested in that at the moment and I didn't really have anyone interested in me like that before."

Dae busted out in hysterical giggles!

"O...Kay." I said as I looked up at him with narrow eyes. "What about this is funny?"

"It's because you've already gone through puberty and you're not interested in sex." Dae said. "Surely you've thought about it before?"

I thought back to how Norman would trick me into making out with him when we were younger.

"Now I know why Norman's so creepy to me!" I said.

"Why?" Dae said.

"Because Norman would trick me into making out with him when we were younger. Now that he's back into my life again, he's been giving me that 'undressing me with my eyes' look and he makes it extra creepy, just by adding a smile." I said.

Dae laughed while throwing his head back onto the bed, "Wow, little brother's got a thing for his big sister. How nice."

"That's not funny!" I snapped. "And Norman's still creepy! I used to be able to keep the door locked to keep him out, but he picks the lock so he can break in and watch me sleep." I rolled my eyes. "Speaking of stalkers…"

I knew Dae heard my thoughts because he held me tighter and chuckled, "Let me guess, Silver is outside again isn't he?"

"Yup," I replied, "and he isn't too happy about something. I wonder if he can hear our conversation?"

"Or maybe he's upset because he can't watch you sleep and do who knows what with you, in your sleep." Dae laughed.

"Yeah, I don't want to know and don't tell me." I said.

"Hmm…" Dae said as a smile formed on his face.

At that moment, I knew Dae was listening to Silver's thoughts.

"Don't do it!" I said.

"Yup, he can hear our conversation," said Dae, "he's actually not happy about it and he has dirty thoughts too!"

"Lovely," I said with a groan, "thanks for that info!"

Dae started to play with my left ear with his right hand as I lay there on his chest, "Maybe we should open up the curtains and make out again?"

I got a mischievous smile, "You know what? That's not a bad idea!"

I didn't even have to go open up the curtains. Dae used one of his 'talents' to open them. I wasn't sure which one it was, nor was I even aware that the door was unlocked and the curtains were open until after we started making out.

"So this is your boyfriend now?" Silver snarled. "What's he got that I don't got?"

I pretended that Silver wasn't there and kept kissing Dae.

"Seriously Betty!" Silver snarled.

I didn't say a word to Silver. I started hoping that seeing me make out with Dae he would take a hint and leave me alone for good. That was wishful thinking.

Nope, I thought, I don't feel like trying to kill him today.

I had half a mind to start taking Dae's clothes off, just to taunt Silver and make him even more mad.

That's not a bad idea Betty, Dae thought, I can help you with that.

No thanks, I know how to unbutton a shirt. I thought.

Man, I really want to have sex with you, but I don't think you're comfortable with that at the moment? Dae thought.

I unbuttoned Dae's shirt and took it off. I backed off enough to get a good look at him and was stunned by what I saw. Had I known how sexy he was, I would've admitted my feelings for him sooner!

Dae laughed and thought, Well that's quite a compliment! I would take your clothes off, but that would give Silver the satisfaction of fulfilling his dirty thoughts about seeing you naked.

Yeah, please don't. I thought.

That's what I thought. Dae thought.

"Fine!" Silver snapped. "I'll leave, but this isn't over!"

"Yeah, sure whoever you are!" Dae said.

"It's Silver!" Silver snarled.

"Whatever, I think Betty's made her choice," said Dae, "so yeah, it is over. Come near my girlfriend again, and I'll take care of you myself! So stop bothering her!"

I laughed as I saw Silver leave with an angry look. After Silver left, Dae used his magic to close the doors and draw the curtains. After that, Dae held me in his arms again. I put my head on his chest and laid back down while he held me. I noticed something different with my head on his chest this time. There wasn't much of a heartbeat. I did hear something, but it was very faint. Even though I thought it added to his weirdness, it didn't really bother me. I never had a boyfriend before and it made me happy that Dae is my first one.

* * *

{Norman}

I didn't understand why Betty was so angry when she came home the other night. As far back as I can remember, she hasn't gotten this angry before. At least she didn't assault people. She just didn't want to talk. At that moment, she was so upset that she couldn’t have cared less if she bled out to death. I hope she's calmed down now?

As I went to the post office and saw what my route was for the day, I couldn't help but think about Betty being so upset. I got snapped out of my thoughts, when I heard Derpy say, "Well hey Norman. You seem to have your head in the clouds today? You okay?"

I sighed and looked down at the wall-eyed pegasus staring up at me. "I guess so. I'm just concerned about my sister, that's all."

"How so?" Derpy asked as her eyes shifted.

"Well she came home looking pretty banged up." I said. "She seemed very angry and wouldn't talk to anyone. She's more angry than just sitting on her tail this time!"

"Ouch!" Derpy said before flinching. "Doesn't that hurt? Nopony does that, because it hurts!"

"She's not all pony," I explained, "she's half pegasus and half human."

"Oh," said Derpy before widening her eyes, "so she's a half and half, huh?"

I nodded, "Uh-huh. Her name's Betty and she's a new Death Walker."

"Then, her last next name is Jewel, like yours?" Derpy asked.

"Yes it is." I replied with a nod.

"From what I've heard, she's already gotten five out of the nine Death Walker abilities in a matter of weeks!" Derpy chimed. "And now, some ponies are speculating that she's the Child of Prophecy!"

"Yeah, I think that's what's bothering her? She probably feels like people are pushing her into being what they want her to be. And to add to that, she's been having power surges lately. I'm concerned that she’ll be on an assignment and have one! She’ll have no way to defend herself then! I dunno? I guess I'm just being an overprotective brother? Maybe that's why she came home so angry last night?" I said with a shrug and confused look in my eyes.

"I see." Derpy said. "Well, maybe since she's upset, you should just give her some space and let her cool off? I think that's the best thing to do when ponies are mad.” with a nod. “Or you could always just offer them a muffin.” She says before smiling. “That does the trick sometimes, depending on how mad they are?"

I smiled. "I don't know if a muffin would work for this Derpy, but thanks anyway."

"Anytime Norman." Derpy said.

Derpy walked off almost running into a wall, but somehow even with her handicap, she managed to get around with no problems at all.

* * *

{Dae}

I had almost finished with my royal duties for the day, and so, I decided to walk around the castle aimlessly. I felt happy that Betty finally admitted her feelings for me.

Well, I thought as a slow smile formed on my face, I guess it's time for me to tell her I'm the King of Hell?

I ran into Parada and she smiled at me. "Well someone's happy today. What's up?"

"Betty finally admitted her feelings for me by making out with me." I said.

"Oh really?" Parada said while widening her eyes.

"She still thinks I'm a weirdo though." I said with a slight chuckle.

Parada giggled, "Well duh! Everyone, including Lucifer himself, thinks you're weird. You're the strangest ruler of Hell we've ever seen! No one's seen a ruler quite like you before! Not to mention, no one's seen a ruler as creative with their punishments to take care of your enemies. And it makes a great example to deter people from revolting against you too! It's very effective that your enemies will beg for death during the punishment!” she smiles and giggles, “But as far as your personality goes, yeah, you're just weird."

I rolled my eyes. "Ha ha, very funny Parada."

"So, when are you going to tell her you're the King of Hell?" Parada asked before narrowing her eyes and frowning.

"Hmm," I said, "I told her that she probably won't be summoned to the Land of Dead until after her tracking assignment is done. I didn't expect her to admit her feelings for me so soon though. I mean, while I'm thankful that I could keep my job a secret from her for so long, the other cat’s out of the bag! I'm thinking I'll summon her tomorrow just to get it over with?"

"What's the matter? Do you think she's going to run away from you because you're the King of Hell?"

I looked away into the distance. "I don't know? It's hard to say what her reaction will be. I guess I'm just nervous about it?."

Parada nodded. "Well, that makes sense!"

* * *

{Betty}

Two days before I was set to do my actual tracking assignment, I got summoned to the Land of the Dead.

What the- I thought. I thought Dae told me that I wasn't being summoned to the Land of the Dead until I was done with. If I'm being summoned now, there must be something important I'm needed for.

When I got to the Middle Ground, I greeted Celestia, "So, what needs to be taken care of?"

Celestia smiled. "There's an important matter that needs to be taken care of. The King of Hell wants an audience with you."

"O...Kay?" I asked. "What would the King of Hell want with me?"

"Don't know." Celestia shrugged. I could tell she knew what this was all about because she shifted her gaze to the side. "But he's taken special interest in you. Probably because you're the head of the tracking team that's set to go out in a couple of days? Anyway, his assistant Parada is here to escort you to the castle."

When we got to Celestia's office, I saw a woman that looked older than me sitting on a chair. She had blonde hair and black eyes. As soon as she saw me, she stood up and started circling me like a shark. "What does the King of Hell want with this runt?"

"Excuse me?" I snapped while looking at her sideways with a grimace from her right.

"Betty," scolded Celestia, "watch tone and show some respect!"

"Fine." I mumbled while straightening my head and rolling my eyes .

"It's okay Celestia," said Parada with a glance at the alicorn, "I'm just curious as to why someone so small was picked to be the leader of the tracking team?"

"Well she is a new Death Walker after all." Celestia responded with a smile.

I wanted to say some snappy remark to Parada because she was starting to get on my nerves, but chose to remain silent.

Parada looked at me. "Wow, someone looks annoyed. No matter, there is one thing that has to be done before you go to the castle, Betty."

"What is it?" I asked with a glance at the strange woman.

"You need to be knocked out, because outsiders that try to get into the castle go into madness trying to figure things out." Parada explained.

"Oh." I said.

"Don't worry, this'll take only a second." Parada said. She came over and gave me a strong punch to the gut and I fell to the floor as blackness overtook my consciousness.

* * *

The next time I opened my eyes, I looked around to get my bearings. The room I was in looked like someone important lived here. On the wall in front of me was what looked like a crown that was the symbol of a King.

This must be the King's chambers. I thought.

I also panicked when I found I was unable to move. I noticed that I was covered with a blanket. Great, the Terror Paralyze spell again! Not only is this annoying, but the King of Hell must be an idiot because I can break out of this in a matter of seconds. Although I can't threaten to kill the guy, because he probably gets death threats on a regular basis? So he probably wouldn't even be phased?

I heard Dae laughing. "You're correct on that one Betty!"

I looked over to see Dae sitting on a chair next me with a gold crown on his head smiling.

“You're the King of Hell, huh?" I asked.

Dae smiled, nodded, and giggled. "Yup."

"No wonder you're so weird!" I exclaimed. "You're a demon and the ruler of Hell. But uh,I would think the ruler of Hell would be a tough guy and not a weirdo though?"

Dae snorted and widened his eyes. "Well, that's an interesting reaction!” He normalizes his eyes, “Most of the time when people find out I'm the King of Hell, they have one of two reactions, run away terrified or throw themselves at me because they're automatically in love."

"From what you've shown me, you're not that scary! My mom's scarier than you!" I said with a chuckle. "But as far as me being automatically in love with you, yeah no! But hey! At least I have an explanation for your weirdness."

Just as I thought I already broke the spell, I sat up. I looked down to see that I was naked and pulled the covers back over me with my arms hurriedly. I also noticed that I was laying on a huge couch. "Seriously Dae, was it necessary to remove my clothes?"

"No," said Dae, "but I felt like it, so I did! But at least I don't have to undress you with my eyes now." before smiling.

"Not only does that add to your weirdness," I said, "it also makes you creepy and perverted!"

"So, am I still a robot to you?" Dae teased. "I mean, you can look for the off switch if you want?"

"Nah, you're an alien from another world, which makes sense, considering you live in the Land of the Dead." I replied.

Dae almost fell out of his chair as he busted out in hysterical laughter!

"Question!" I said, "Why don't you wear your crown outside the castle?"

"Good question!" replied Dae, "I don't have to wear my crown outside of Hell, so I choose not to."

"Oh." I said. "Makes sense and no, I'm not making out with you here."

Dae smiled. "Okay, that's fine."

Even though I said no to making out with him, he gave me a weird look. He reached over and kissed me. I pushed him away and smirked. "You just can't help yourself can you?"

Dae shrugged. "I guess not, keep in mind that since I am your second in command and you're the leader, I won't jump into the fight unless it's needed."

"Works for me," I said, "I don't think I'll need your help anyway. I am a Death Walker, so I think I'm good."

"Overconfident aren't you?" Dae smirked.

I rolled my eyes. "Well I did fight through a power surge when I fought Queen Chrysalis. I'm not going to stop fighting until I'm dead. If there's a threat that needs to be taken care of, I'm taking care of it."

Dae nods, "Well, I figured you might say something like that."

I nodded.

Dae chuckled. "Well, it's time for you to go back home. I didn't tell you I was the King of Hell because I wanted you to fall for me for all the right reasons. Maybe Dad will stop setting up arranged marriages now that I have a girlfriend? I could also do without that brat Princess Twilight sending me weekly marriage proposals as well, though I doubt she'll stop doing that even if she finds out I'm taken?"

I giggled and widened my eyes, "Yup, and I doubt this'll keep Silver away either."

"We can't win can we?" Dae said with a chuckle.

I began to laugh harder. "Hell no!"

* * *

When I got back to the Middle Ground, Celestia seemed very happy about something as she smiled and trotted up to me. "So how did it go?"

"Well, finding out my boyfriend is the King of Hell has finally given me a logical explanation for his weirdness!" I said. "I mean, he's Alien from a different dimension! But even though he's now taken, that probably won’t stop Princess Twilight from sending marriage proposals?"

Celestia snorted, "Wow, Betty, that's an interesting response!"

"Yeah well, how did he expect me to react?" I asked. "Run away with my tail between my legs? I'm sorry, but he's too weird to be afraid of. Besides, I've dealt with that psycho I have for a mother all my life! Compared to her, Dae's a kitten!. Even if he was a ruthless cold hearted killer, I doubt I'd be afraid of him?"

Celestia smiled, "Huh, I guess that makes sense? But it's time to send you home to the Land of the Living now!"

* * *

Finally, it was time to carry out my tracking assignment. I had laid the individual teams and told them what discretion to go in. In my individual team was Mr. Harmony, Ms. Levi, Lyra Heartstrings, Dae, and myself. We headed towards Grogar's Cave, because I believed that since I found Queen Chrysalis there, there might be others and maybe even Grogar himself. I told each of my individual teams to carry a radio with them, so they can contact me if they get into trouble.

By the time we got to Grogar's Cave, it was raining.

Great! It just had to rain. I thought.

You know it's not going to stay clear sky's every night right? Dae thought. And a Death Walker assignment isn't going to be taken care of in a matter of minutes. It might take a couple of months or years to complete. So it's possible we'll have to regroup and inform each other on the progress on the assignment.

I rolled my eyes and thought, It's not that, I'm ready for that! But it's barely begun and we're stuck in this cave because of the rain.

Dae chuckled and thought, A little eager now aren't we?

I groaned and thought, Whatever.

"Wow, if I didn't know any better," I heard Mr. Harmony say, "I'd say you two are dating, because you're lost in each other's eyes. That's so cute!"

I looked to see Mr. Harmony, Ms. Levi and Lyra Heartstrings snickering on the other side of the cave.

"Yeah, we're dating! Your point?" I asked.

"Hey, I was just saying you two are cute together!" Mr. Harmony said. "Scarlett told me, you thought Dae was a robot. What made you change your mind?"

Before I could respond, Dae said, "Let's just say she saw the light finally about how much I care about her."

I could feel my face turn red as the word 'awe' came from the other three at about the same time

"Well, someone's a little shy about announcing they're in a relationship with someone." Lyra teased with a smirk.

"We might be dating, but he's still a weirdo!" I said as I glanced back at him with a grin.

Dae gave me a weird look and I knew exactly what he was going to do next. As usual, before I could react, he pulled me into his arms and kissed me.

Mr. Harmon chuckled. "Scarlett told me that you two kiss every chance you get. That's so cute! I can't wait until I tell Scarlett that you two are dating now!"

I didn't say a word. I stayed in Dae's arms after the kiss and ignored Mr. Harmony. I jumped about a foot in the air when I heard the radio go off. I let go of Dae and took out my notebook out of my bag and listened as the teams reported in.

"Team six," the team captain said, "reporting that we have ten inmates. I repeat, ten inmates."

"Team five," the team captain said, "reporting that we have captured five inmates. I repeat we've captured five inmates."

I wrote down the numbers, "Okay, that's fifteen! At least they've been able to get started."

"Team seven," the team captain said, "reporting that we've got ten inmates. I repeat, we've got ten inmates."

I nodded, "Okay, twenty five now!"

Then I heard one more team say, "This is team nine we've caught five inmates. I repeat we've got five inmates."

After that, the radio went silent. "Okay we’re up to thirty."

Once the radio went silent, I sat down and bit the inside of my cheek to keep myself from sitting on my tail. I was irritated, but not exactly angry. Sometimes, I sit on my tail, even when I'm just irritated. Then I got a surprise when the radio went off with SOS signals from my teams.

"Team two, SOS…" The team captain said.

"Team three, SOS…" The team captain said.

Another team captain said, "Team four, SOS…"

"Team five, SOS…" Another team captain said.

The last team captain to radio in said, "Team six, SOS…"

I listened in horror to all of the team captains who sounded barely alive. "Is it just me, or did those team captains sound like they were about to die?"

Mr. Harmony nodded with wide eyes. "I heard it too."

I panicked. "We need to go to them! I don't care if it's raining, we're going, now!"

As we headed out to go check on the teams who sent up the SOS, I had a pit in my stomach. Something was wrong, very wrong.