• Published 24th May 2021
  • 598 Views, 36 Comments

The Ghost of Cozy Glow- A Redux - SapphireRose87



I'm Betty Jewel and after smashing a villian named Cozy Glow's statue, her ghost now follows me around.

  • ...
21
 36
 598

10) You've got the wrong Death Walker!

{Dae}

As I took care of my royal duties for the day, I couldn't help but think that Betty thinks I'm a robot set on romance mode. That seems to be her explanation as to why I'm so weird. I didn't realize that Parada was standing behind the throne, until she cleared her throat, "Okay, that's the third time today I've seen you daydreaming like that Dae."

I paused. "Huh? I didn't realize that I was daydreaming."

As usual, Parada was right. It's just the thought of Betty thinking that I'm some sort of robot and that's why I'm so weird to her, is kind of amusing and baffling me at the same time.

"I know you're thinking about her." Parada said. "What's up?"

I chuckled. "Well, Betty seems to think I'm a robot now."

Parad snorted. "Really? Why does she think that?"

"Her exact words were, and I quote," I said, "there has to be a reasonable explanation as to why he’s so weird? Maybe he's a robot set on romance mode?"

Parada laughed. "Well, I guess that's a good way to figure out why you're so weird. I give her an A for effort! Makes perfect sense!"

"Yeah, Discord and Betty's brother Norman seem to think that Betty has feelings for me and is in denial about it." I said.

Parada nodded. "I guess that makes sense. She's trying so hard to figure out why you're a weirdo to her. The best she can come up with is that you're a robot. Yeah, she totally has feelings for you, but I wonder when she's finally going to admit it?"

I smiled. "I don't know, but maybe if I just keep kissing her, she’ll finally admit it?”

"When are you going to tell her you're the King of Hell?" Parada asked.

"I was thinking, maybe when she admits she has feelings for me?" I said.

"I guess that's an idea," chuckled Parada, "I can't wait to see her reaction when she finds out."

"Yeah, I'm wondering about that too." I said. I knew that sooner or later, Betty would admit her feelings for me. All I can do right now is wait until that happens.

* * *

{Betty}

Scarlett wanted me to take it easy, because there was a lot on my plate between the last power surge and my tracking assignment coming up soon.

So, I took my backpack, filled with a couple pens and notebooks along with something to eat. I headed over to the Castle of the Two Sisters and when I got there, I picked my favorite spot and sat down. I took out a pen and notebook and started to play my version of tic tac toe. I had also had a map with every single documented cave in Equestria. From what I found out, spirits that haven't crossed over yet tend to take residency in caves, because more than likely, there's a river by them. I found Queen Chrysalis in Grogar's Cave so why wouldn't it be the same for the rest of the escapees?

As I continued to play tic tac toe, trying to figure out where to set up the individual members on my tracking team, I noticed Norman hovering over me.

I gave Norman a look of annoyance. "Of course, it's not being played right. It's my way of playing and no you can't play."

"Okay, okay! Gee, touchy!" Norman said.

I felt a sudden urge to sneeze and when I did, it sent me flying 20 feet in the air. Before I could go up in the air even further, I felt someone yank on my tail. "Whoever did that, thank you, but that's my stupid tail you know! I wish people would stop yanking on it!"

I looked down to see Dae hovering in the air below me. I lowered myself down to his level and looked at him in curiosity.

You can fly? I thought. But you don't have any wings!

Dae smiled and thought, Well let's just say it's one of the talents I have!

Okay, I thought, that just adds to your weirdness.

When we got back down to the ground, Norman was on his back in hard laughter. Finally he composed himself to say, "Wow, Betty! That's an interesting way to travel!"

"Ha, ha Norman!" I growled. "I don't need that to travel. I have wings."

I flapped my wings a couple of times to show my annoyance. I heard Scarlett laughing, "No, I don't think that's it Betty."

I tilted my head. "What do you mean?"

"Let's see," said Scarlett, "you developed light powers from your first power surge. You developed darkness and glass powers by burping, fire powers just by throwing up and now wind just by sneezing. So that's five out of the nine Death Walker abilities."

"Great," I said before I rolled my eyes, "and I'm going to have to worry about developing a new Death Walker by using normal everyday bodily functions. What's next? Developing a new Death Walker ability when I fart?"

Scarlett, Dae and Norman must’ve gotten a kick out of that statement because they found that funny. They eventually stopped laughing after awhile...

"Hmm," said Scarlett thoughtfully, "it seems like you are the Child of Prophecy!"

"What are you talking about Scarlett?" I asked.

"Do you recall the prophecy of the Legendary Death Walker in school?" Scarlett asked.

"Yeah, it was only one paragraph long." I said. "Exactly how would anybody know it was me?"

"Well," said Dae, "it did say the Legendary Death Walker would have the strength of an Alicorn. And you've already developed five of the nine Death Walker abilities in a matter of weeks!"

I exhaled slowly. "Sorry, but you've got the wrong Death Walker! There's no way I'm becoming a Legend! And if I do, I'm not accepting the title."

I sat down on my tail because I felt like it. While Norman gasped, Scarlet and Dae didn't.

"What?" I snapped while looking up at them. "It's my tail and I'll do with it whatever I please!"

"Wow, you're angry!" Dae said.

"Uh, what are you talking about Dae?" Norman asked.

"Betty sits on her tail when she's angry." Dae explained. "I've seen her do it a couple of times when I started following her around."

I narrowed my eyes at Dae. "Exactly how long have you been following me around?"

Dae gave a nervous laugh. "Ever since you were 18 and started going to the School of Friendship. I saw how abusive your mother was, but I couldn't do anything about it. It would've been my word against hers."

"Oh." I said.

"I knew about it too." Scarlett sighed. "I couldn't do anything about it, because I'm still a teenager. At least I was able to teach you hand to hand combat to defend yourself."

"Huh," said Dae, "why didn't I think of that?"

"Maybe because you were too much of a weirdo to even talk to me?" I suggested.

Dae nervously giggled before saying, "I guess you could say that."

"Yeah, and I still think you're a robot," I growled, "and I have to work with you as my Second in Command along with my backup team that I had on my trail run assignment."

"Seriously Betty!" Dae said. "I'm not a robot!"

"Well you might as well be." I said.

At this point Norman and Scarlett were on their backs rolling on their stomachs in laughter. For some reason, Dae felt the need to kiss me and that's what he did.

"Yup," I said after I pushed him away, "weirdo robot!"

"You're welcome to examine me for the off switch if you want?" Dae teased.

"Yeah, no thank you." I said.

"Denial!" Norman chimed in.

I rolled my eyes. "Okay that's it! I'm getting tired of people not giving me some space! Seriously, not even Fluttershy and Discord are that overprotective! I'm going into the castle, don't follow me or I'll sit on my tail again!"

Before anyone could react, I quickly packed up my things and headed into the castle. I got into the castle and took a secret passageway that I've known for years. It led deep down into the Library area further inside the castle. When I got there, I picked a table that had candles on it. After lighting them with the ancient matches nearby, I took my things out and sat down. Right when I started working on my strategy again, I heard someone playing the organ behind the throne room.

I groaned. "Ugh, what now?"

Once again, I gathered up my things and took my candle with me. I turned the corner to see Pinkie Pie playing the organ. She paused when she saw me. "Hey Betty! Fancy seeing you here! I was just practicing my organ playing skills in case I have another organ party. But I don't know who I would get to deliver an organ to Sugarcube Corners? Speaking of parties, we should have one to celebrate your success on your trail run assignment! I heard you fought through a power surge?"

I nodded. "Yeah it was painful, but I got the job done."

Pinkie Pie whistled. "Wow! You really are the Child of Prophecy!"

"Uh no, I'm not!" I snapped. "You got the wrong Death Walker! Not going to happen! And I could also do without that weirdo robot Dae, kissing me all the time!"

Pinkie Pie snorted. "Oh Betty, Dae's not a robot because he likes you. Hey, a kiss is better than getting teased anyday. You know, ponies try to figure me out all the time. I'm not a robot, or at least I don't think I am. Oh no!"

"Oh no, what?" I said. I saw it right before Pinkie jumped out of the way from a huge rock that fell from the ceiling and crashed to the ground with a resounding thud. I didn't move out of the way in time before the rock landed on me.

Pinkie Pie jumped into action, burrowing into the rock with her hooves. She helped me get to my feet while staring at me with a wide-eyed panicked expression. "You okay Betty? You had- what the? Wait a second… Your injuries! They're gone! It's almost like they were never there! You had a bad cut on your arm, and um, it's gone! There’s still some blood on your shirt though!"

She pointed a hoof at my shirt to where the cut was.

I looked down at it. "Huh, interesting! I wonder how that happened?"

Pinkie Pie shrugged. "Don't know. Cake time!"

I blinked. "Huh?"

Pinkie Pie took out of her mane a slice of cake and took a bite of it.

"Yeah," I said, "you're not only a weirdo, you're a nutcase Pinkie."

"Huh, oh well! You're not the only one that's said that to me. I'm leaving now, so see ya!" Pinkie said before devouring the rest of the cake in one gulp and then, leaving the organ room while bouncing up and down as if she were a rubber ball.

I groaned and said to myself, "Ugh! Why is everyone in my life so weird? Except for my biological mother though! She's just a psycho!"

Suddenly, I heard laughter that sounded like mine from somewhere. I looked around. "Where are you?"

"I'm in the mirror behind you." My voice said. I turned around to see my reflection with a goofy grin on her face.

I narrowed my eyes at my reflection. "Okay, am I going crazy? What do you want?"

"No," said my reflection, "what do you want?"

I paused. "Excuse me?"

"Well, what do you want? A world where you don't accomplish anything and keep getting looked down on with no friends at all? And do you want a world where there's no love in your heart?" My reflection questioned.

"What are you talking about?" I said. "I'm pretty sure I can accomplish something, even without becoming a Legend. Not to mention I have friends and family that love me and I love them back."

"That's not what I'm talking about." My reflection said while shaking its head. "You're not acknowledging what you're going to become and not admitting your feelings for Dae. If you don't do those things, your heart will become as cold as stone. Let's see here, the nine Death Walker abilities are darkness, light, glass, fire, water, iron fist, copper blade, earth, and wind. You've already gotten five out of the nine abilities and you're bound to get the others very soon. You are the Child of Prophecy and you know it! Oh, and you like Dae and you know that too. But fine, keep living in denial!"

The fact that my own reflection was scolding me, really pissed me off, "No one, not even my own reflection is going to tell me what I'm supposed to do, especially when I don't want to do it!"

Before my reflection could answer me, I punched the mirror with my left fist before my right, and I kept punching it until it was shattered into a thousand shards! Pieces of glass dug themselves into my hands and arms, but I could care less by this point. Although I really didn't know why I was so angry? I guess I was just getting tired of people pushing me and hovering over me and trying to make me into what they want me to be. Sure, my reflection was right! Sure, I had to admit things for what they were! But I honestly and truly just wanted to do it on my own terms. After glancing around to verify that the mirror was in fact, thoroughly destroyed, I gathered my things and went home.

* * *

{Dae}

As I watched Betty destroy the mirror that I had cast the subconscious spell on and walked away from it angry, I felt confused. "Huh, I've never seen that happen with the subconscious spell before!"

"Well, what do you expect?" Scarlett said. "I bet she's angry because people keep pushing her to be what they want her to be. Trust me, I've known Betty since we were kids and I can read her like a book. I only train her, but I don't push her. I mean sure, I probably shouldn't have mentioned she was the Child of Prophecy. Although, if Norman would stop telling her that she's in denial about things, that would probably help too? Those two things mentioned were probably what set her off. Although I think your approach is better. Kissing her all the time instead of pushing her to admit her feelings for you is better. Don't worry, she'll come around sooner or later. She's just stubborn, that's all."

"Wow, I didn't realize that," I said. "You know, Betty's lucky to have a friend like you."

"Yeah I know," said Scarlett, "Betty is right about people being overprotective of her. Especially Norman, now that he's found her. Not even Fluttershy and Discord are that overprotective and they're her parents now! As I said before, she'll come around. Just uh, don't push her, okay?"

I nodded. "Yeah, Fluttershy's definitely going to panic once Betty gets home and she sees her."

"Oh yeah," Scarlett chuckled, "and Discord will panic too. Oh well, just leave them alone for now!"

* * *

{Betty}

When I got home, I put my bag down and Fluttershy came out of the kitchen. "Oh good, Betty you're home. I was getting ready to-"

She paused when she saw me and panicked. "Betty what happened? You're hurt! And from the looks of it, you're very hurt!"

Fluttershy galloped into the kitchen. "Discord!"

"Yes, wifey?" Discord said.

"Get me the first aid kit now! We're going to need the kit for stitches too!" Fluttershy shouted.

"What's wrong?" Discord said.

"Betty's hurt very badly!" Fluttershy explained. "She's got glass shards in her arms and hands and she's bleeding a lot!"

I groaned as I heard Fluttershy and Discord rushing to get what they needed to fix me up.

I'm really not in the mood for this, I thought, I don't care if I bleed out and die. I'm a Death Walker, so it won't be much of a loss anyway. I'm not in the mood!

I started to head upstairs when I heard Fluttershy shout, "Oh, no you don't! Come down here right now, young lady!"

I snarled. "No, I'm fine Mom. Just leave me alone will you?"

"No, you're hurt," said Fluttershy, " and the sooner we deal with it the better. I'm not letting you die on me when I just adopted you!"

I rolled my eyes. "I'm a Death Walker, I don't think it'll be much of a loss if I die. I'm not-"

Before I could finish the sentence, Discord snapped his claw and gripped me in his magic and made me sit down! He gasped when he saw me while looking down from mid-air with his yellow and red eyes, "Now Betty, what happened?"

I bit my bottom lip and glared at him, while not saying anything.

He groaned, "Why do you have to be so stubborn? We just want to help, that's all."

I kept biting my bottom up and scoffed at him.

"Okay fine," said Discord, "don't tell us. But we're going to tend to your wounds, whether you like it or not."

I just sat there, still biting my bottom lip. I bit my bottom lip so hard that I could taste the blood from it.

"Betty," said Fluttershy, "stop biting your bottom lip. You're hurting yourself that way."

As Discord and Fluttershy tended to my wounds Norman came in. "What happened Betty?"

I scoffed and glared at Norman.

He gave me a concerned look. "Will you tell me what happened Betty?"

I snarled at Norman. I was in no mood to talk to him either.

"As you can see Norman," said Discord while motioning towards me with his lion paw, "she really doesn't want to talk about it. So all we can do right now is tend to her wounds," he paused as he glared back at me. "What the? Well, would you look at that!"

I looked down wide-eyed at my completely healed wounds after Fluttershy had taken out all of the glass.

"Interesting," said Fluttershy, "I've heard of this happening with some Death Walkers before. For some reason it doesn't happen with me. But Betty's already healed up and right after I took out the glass from her wounds!"

Discord smiled. "Makes sense because Betty's the-"

I snarled at Discord as fiercely as I could and thought, If someone calls me the Child of Prophecy one more time, I swear!

Discord raised his eagle claw and lion paw to his sides to show he surrendered. "Okay Betty calm-"

I stood up and sat down on my tail quickly so I could show how angry I was.

"Discord, you know telling someone to calm down when they're this angry, only makes things worse." Norman said.

Fluttershy took a washcloth with her forehooves and gently washed the blood off my arms, hand and bottom lip while floating with her wings in the air.

I hope she doesn't ask me if I'm hungry, because I'm not in the mood for that either. I thought.

"Okay now that's over with I can-" Fluttershy said.

I put up a hand to stop her from finishing her sentence. I stood up and shook my head.

Fluttershy sighed. "Okay then, you're free to go. Just let us know when you want to talk to us again, okay?"

I didn't say anything. I went upstairs and got ready for bed. I put my room on lockdown, not wanting to fall asleep just yet. I didn't want to get summoned to the Land of Dead after all! I really wasn't in the mood for that either.

* * *

{Celestia}

I got a letter from Dae about what Betty was dealing with at the moment. I rolled my eyes and quickly put the letter in my drawer underneath my desk with my magic. And then, a familiar knock on my door! "Come in!" I said, knowing full well that Twilight Sparkle was behind that door.

Twilight walked in and I bowed to her. I groaned when I saw the marriage proposal letter in her mouth.

"Celestia," said Twilight, "could you please give this to Dae? It was returned to me without an answer. And I know I sent it to the right address!"

I groaned. "Seriously Twilight, it's been like what? Two years since he's said no to the first proposal and broke the contract with you. If a contract breaks, it breaks! Equestrian Law says you have no right to force someone to marry you after that. I've known some rulers, like Lucifer who took their wives by force, because there's no rule in Hell against it. Given the fact that he hasn't even tried to do so, the clear answer from Dae would be a fat no."

Twilight snarled. "You have no idea. You know good and well, deep down inside Dae has feelings for me."

I rolled my eyes and laughed. "Oh, I doubt that Twilight. Considering Dae's already kissing the girl he likes on a daily basis."

"What?" Twilight gasped. She narrows her eyes, "And who might that be?"

I gave her a taunting smile. "If you must know, I'll give you a hint. It's the Child of Prophecy!"

Twilight raised her left eyebrow. "But that prophecy's only one paragraph long! Who could that be?"

I wasn't about to give Twilight a direct answer, although I knew for a fact that Twilight wouldn't be able to do anything with Betty. If she did, it would be considered a crime, even if she is the ruler of Equestria. It would take some self-control for Betty not to squash Twilight like a bug. But the only loophole would be that Twilight could threaten Dae with putting Betty in a dungeon for no reason until he agreed to marry her. I doubt that would work either though, because that would give Hell a reason to declare war on Equestria.

"Let me put it to you this way, Twilight." I said, "Even if you do find out who Dae likes, if you even think about putting her in a dungeon or harming her in any way, just to force him to marry you, Hell would declare war on Equestria. If Equestria is in dire straits after that, it will be your fault."

"Dae wouldn't do that to me! He's too kind of a ruler to do so!" Twilight declared.

"Oh?" I responded. "I wouldn't push your luck. Dae had taken care of his enemies in a number of ways that inflicts so much pain and suffering until they begged for death. True, Dae is a kind ruler! But if he sees you as an enemy, you'll put a big bullseye on your forehead. If that happens to you, I would agg the torture on."

"You wouldn't dare!" Twilight snapped.

"Try me!" I snapped. "What are you going to do about it? Kill me?" I laughed wickedly. "In case you didn't notice, I'm already dead. Now, since you've shown me nothing but disrespect lately on your high-horse, I'm asking you nicely to get out of my sight. If I were you, I'd stay away from the Land of the Dead for the moment. Unless of course, you're needed to be here. But right now, you're not needed!"

Twilight scoffed at me and left the room with her head in the air like some spoiled princess brat. Which is exactly what she's acting like right now. Secretly, I hoped Twilight would do something to Betty so Hell would declare war on Equestria.

Griffonstone tried to do the same thing with Lucifer. He didn't want to marry their princess at the time. They tried to push him to marry her and he declared war. Now look at what the pitiful state that country is in!

I also hope that Betty will start to feel better once her power surges are finished. Sooner or later, she'll become a Legend, but whether or not she'll accept it, I have no idea.