• Published 24th May 2021
  • 598 Views, 36 Comments

The Ghost of Cozy Glow- A Redux - SapphireRose87



I'm Betty Jewel and after smashing a villian named Cozy Glow's statue, her ghost now follows me around.

  • ...
21
 36
 598

19) Lucifer's Cage

{Dae}

When I arrived at the meeting with the Icebreakers, Headcouncilman of the Afterlife Court and Celestia and everyone else looked panicked. That I can understand, because the current situation we’re dealing with is Grogar. Grogar escaping from the prison in The Middle Ground is a big deal and one would think that Gorgar wouldn't be able to do that.

“Okay, what’s going on Hankle?” I questioned. “How did Grogar escape?”

Hankle sighed, “I have no idea. Grogar was supposed to be locked down. But from what we know of, he wants to build a portal linking Heaven and Hell.”

Celestia nodded. “Yes, Grogar kept talking to the guards about this at length, ever since he was locked up. I have no idea where he would even attempt to do that!”

“It’s also come to our attention that the newest Death Walker, Betty Jewel, achieved the Dark Aura when she fought Tirek. Am I correct on that Dae?” Hankle asked.

I smiled and nodded. “Yes, she did! I saw it myself!”

Celestia gasped, “What? Why wasn’t I made aware of this? The only thing I was told was that Betty got the medal for stopping Tirek and that she lost twenty-five of her teammates! But there was nothing about the Dark Aura!”

“That’s because you didn’t need to know that type of information, Celestia.” Headcouncilman said. “We only give you this information when it’s necessary.”

Celestia looked down. “Oh.”

Hankle got right down to business as he said, “I was also informed by Sami, that Betty’s evaluation went very well. In seeing this I’m recommending that she be assigned to deal with this threat.”

Celestia gasped again. “What? Why? Betty’s a-“

Hankle did a facepalm and groaned, “New Death Walker? Yeah I know.”

“We understand your concerns Celestia,” I said, “Betty’s already accomplished a lot in a short amount of time.”

“Yes,” said Hankle as he lowered his hand, “she’s been a Death Walker for three months now. She can’t stay a kid forever, even though she’s been adopted by Discord and Fluttershy. She’s a pre-adult now. What I’m saying is given everything Betty has been able to accomplish, I think Betty is perfect for this assignment. Of course, she’ll have to finish bringing back the rest of the escapees, which I’m sure will be no problem. So while she’s finishing up with that, she can kill two birds with one stone and keep an eye out for Grogar.”

Celestia let out a frustrated sigh, “Okay fine! Seeing that I won’t be able to change your mind on the matter, I'm going to approve the decision.”

Hankle laughed, “Why thank you kindly Celestia. So with that being said," He turned to me, "what do you think, King Dae? Is Betty ready for this assignment?”

I smiled. “Yes she’s ready for it! I have every confidence in her that she can do it!”

“Okay then!’” said Hankle. He turned to the Headcouncilman. “What about you Headcouncilman? Is Betty ready for this assignment?”

Headcouncilman nodded. “Yes, she is!”

“I also agree that Betty is ready to take on this type of assignment. I will send the letter to Fluttershy, and she will make sure Betty knows of this.” Hankle said. “I know what you’re thinking, King Dae. You’re probably wondering why I chose Fluttershy to do this?“

I laughed, “Actually no, I wasn’t wondering, but now I’m curious.”

Hankle chuckled. “Because Fluttershy is now Betty’s adoptive mother and the rule is that the parents of the Death Walker are allowed to give out the type of information she needs to know. However, if Betty was still with her biological mother, then we would give the information to a close friend instead.”

I nodded. “Makes sense!”

“Good,” said Hankle, “now that everything has been decided, this meeting is closed.”

I nodded. After the meeting I went back to my office.

* * *

{Betty}

“Are you serious Fluttershy?” I said as I gave her a look of disbelief.

Fluttershy nodded. “Yes, I’m serious. There was a meeting about it and everything! They want you to finish bringing the rest of the escapees from the prison in the Middle Ground; you need to keep an eye out for Grogar. It’s very important if there’s been a meeting held to discuss the issue. And they know you want a smaller team to go after the escapees this time, so now there’s only seventeen members. Of course, Dae is still your second in command and you’ll have your main team from the last time with you too.”

I sighed and shook my head. “Okay then. Knowing that Dae is the King of Hell, he probably had a hand in this decision.”

I heard Dae laugh. “You’re absolutely correct, I did! I agreed that you are ready for this.”

I tilted my head to the left when I saw him. “Uh, why?”

“Because I know you can do this.” Dae said. “I wouldn’t have agreed if I didn’t think you could.” He rolled his eyes. “Of course Celestia, being overprotective like she is, didn’t agree.”

I laughed. “Okay I get it. It wouldn’t by chance be because I’m this so-called Child of Prophecy now would it?”

Dae shook his head and giggled. “Nope guess again!”

“I achieved the Dark Aura when I was fighting Tirek?” I guessed.

“That’s part of it,” said Dae, “and you stopped Tirek, single handedly! All I did was hand you the crystal prism to put him in!”

“Uh huh,” said Cozy Glow, “Golly! You know, it actually makes perfect sense that you’d be the right person for the job!”

Fluttershy nodded in agreement. Cozy Glow was floating off to the right of me when I saw her.

Cozy Glow added, “If you can take someone as strong as Tirek, then you should have no trouble with Grogar! Honestly, I can’t wait to see you win that fight, if I get to see it! But well, we don’t know if it’s going to happen in the Land of the Living or in the Land of the Dead?”

“Yeah.” I said. “I don’t know about you, but the sooner we get the escapees back the better. And I’ll keep an eye out for Grogar.”

I knew one thing for sure: there's no way I’m letting anyone else get harmed or killed.

* * *

After hearing the news about Grogar, I went to the Castle of the Two Sisters to come up with a game plan. Before I could even sit down, I sensed some dark presence hanging out in the shadows. It wasn’t Mr. Giggles and it wasn’t Dae. I looked in the direction of where it was coming from to see an old man that looked like he could probably be Mr. Harmony's age. He looked similar to Dae but an older version of him. Who is this creepy person? Is he-

The man laughed, “You guessed correctly! I am Dae’s father! Let me introduce myself. My name is Lucifer. Seeing that you’ve accepted a promise ring from my son, I think it’s time I get to know the woman my son has fallen madly in love with, don't you?”

“I don’t have time for this!" I growled. "I have a job to do!”

Lucifer clicked his tongue and then scoffed, “Yeah I know. I won’t keep you long. Why don’t you come with me, so we can have a little chat hmm?”

Before I could react, Lucifer snapped his fingers and I found myself tied up in an iron chain.

Lucifer laughed. “I do believe it’s time for you to take a nap. You need to be asleep in order to enter my cage.”

I paused. “Wait what? Did you just say cage?”

“Yes, you heard correctly.” Lucifer said. “Cage. Goodnight for now Betty.”

Without another word I fell asleep.

* * *

When I opened my eyes again, I had no idea where I was. Darkness surrounded me and I couldn't see anything. I was still tied up in the iron chain and I heard Dae’s voice off in the distance, but it sounded muffled. “Dad, no stop! Let her go!”

I heard Dae screaming in pain and I didn’t know what Lucifer was doing to him, but before I could do anything about it, I heard loud voices surrounding my ears. The voices were so loud that I couldn't hear Dae screaming.

I heard Lucifer laugh a bone chilling laugh, “Do you hear them? The dark souls calling out to you.”

Along with the screaming, a cold gust of wind ripped through me.

What the heck is going on here? I thought.

Lucifer gave an evil laugh, “Until you listen to the dark souls, the screaming won’t stop. Listen to them, Betty.”

For some reason, I felt heat coming from the promise ring Dae gave me on my finger. The heat from the ring felt comforting, because it seemed to be protecting me from Lucifer's magic.

That’s when I made my choice. I wasn't going to listen to whatever Lucifer wanted me to listen to. And that’s when I got angry!

“No way am I listening to whatever brainwashing magic you’re trying to put me under!” I roared.

“It’s not-" Lucifer started to lie.

Before he could finish his lie I regained my senses and finally figured out where I was. Yes I was in a cage. I was going to get out of it. It made me angrier when I saw Dae on his knees, gripping his arm clearly in pain.

I saw Lucifer just standing there smoking a cigar as if he were watching some sort of TV show.

“Hell no, Lucifer!” I snarled. “Let Dae go!”

Lucifer took a puff of his cigar and laughed. “I’d love to, but no.”

Lucifer snapped his fingers and pulled out of thin air a boulder and dropped it on the cage.

Okay that’s it! I thought. Now I’m pissed to the highest degree of pissed!

At that very moment somehow I broke free of the iron chain I was in. I broke the cage in half and sliced through the boulder as if I was cutting a piece of paper.

I took out my staff, turned it into a blade and threw it at Lucifer. It went through his chest ripping his shirt and it made him drop his cigar.

“Why you little bitch!” Lucifer growled. “A for effort in trying out to kill me and all. You ripped my favorite shirt and you made me drop my cigar. But I think someone needs to put you in your place!”

Lucifer tried to grip me with his magic, but I wasn’t about to let him knock me up against a wall like Princess Twilight did.

I looked at my hand to see that I had once again achieved the Dark Aura. I don’t know how I managed to do this, but hey, works for me! I’m not the one that needs to be put in my place, Lucifer does!

I used my powers and cancelled Lucifer's magic out. He looked horrified when I did that and I smiled at his terror.

I used my powers to rebuild Lucifer's cage and I rebuilt his iron chain.

After I tied Lucifer up with the iron chain, I threw him into the cage. The next thing I remember is somehow being able to sink Lucifer’s cage in the ground.

I felt something in my hand and looked down to see that I had a black crystal in it. I stood in front of Dae, pushed the crystal into his forehead and then I passed out.

* * *

When I woke up I felt like I had another power surge or something of that nature. It felt like I had been run over by a bus, considering how sore I felt at the moment.

I heard Dae laughing.

I frowned and narrowed my eyes at him. “What is so funny?”

“No, you didn’t get hit by a bus and that wasn’t a dream either,” Dae replied.

“Well, whatever it was it hurts!” I growled.

Dae chuckled, “You want to know what happened?”

I shrugged. “I guess so.”

“You put Lucifer into the abyss for me!” Dae said. “I’ve been wanting to do that myself, but it seems you beat me to it.” He shrugged nonchalantly. “Oh well.”

I cracked up at Dae’s fake sorrow. Then I remembered what happened with Dae’s promise ring he gave me and I looked down at it and smiled. Next, I looked at my hand puzzled when I noticed a strange mark.

Dae looked down at my hand puzzled too. “I thought half and half's don’t get cutie marks!”

I looked at the weird mark on my hand in wonder. The mark on my hand was a red heart with a black peace sign in the middle of it.

“Yeah, I know it’s weird. Just like you are Dae,” I laughed.

Dae rolled his eyes. “Ha ha, very funny Betty.”

“I think I’ll get dressed and grab something to eat. Do you mind stepping outside for a bit?” I asked.

Dae nodded. “Yeah, I can do that. I'll wait on your balcony to keep Silver from being a peeping Tom. He heard us having sex on your birthday. I heard his thoughts too, and he was pissed by it.”

I snorted. “Good! Let him be pissed! I couldn’t care less how he feels.”

Dae laughed and went outside to leave me alone.