• Published 12th Apr 2021
  • 3,134 Views, 111 Comments

The Adventures of Selina Lunar - Mike728



An amnesic Nightmare Moon learns the magic of friendship while trying to regain her memories of her past.

  • ...
11
 111
 3,134

Chapter 17

I enter my bedroom, closing the door behind me. A tired smile is plastered on my face and I feel emotionally exhausted. Today had been a tiresome day and for a reason; I spent the day with Twilight once again and it was going great… until what happened back in the meadow.

I turn my attention to my diary that I have sitting out on the nightstand. I walk over to it and flip the book open to the first page. I grab hold of the feather in the ink bottle with my magic and float it out. I levitate it to the page slowly, not wanting to have ink drip onto the pages and ruin it completely.

I begin to scribble, the sound of the feather slightly scratching on the paper as I begin writing…


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Hello, my name is Selina Lunar and I am the owner of this diary.

If you’re reading this… actually, scratch that, I really hope that nopony is reading this as I’m pretty sure that the concept of a diary is so that you can write down your thoughts and feelings and keep them private, as well as keep records of things that happened throughout the day.

Anyways, to make it clear from the get-go, this diary was given to me from a mare named Twilight Sparkle. She’s the Princess of Friendship and the most beautiful mare I’ve ever met and seen. Anyways, the whole purpose of this diary is so that I can keep track of all the fun things I’ll be doing with Twilight, as well as keeping track of my feelings that I have for her and see if they are growing.

To clear it up, I have a severe crush on the mare and just yesterday, I experienced a new feeling. The best way to describe it was that it was warm and fuzzy and it was far more powerful than the warm feeling I’ve felt many times. After I experienced the feeling was when I asked Twilight if she has a book that I can use as a diary as a way to keep track and record this feeling, as well as what happened during the day.

With that out of the way, let me tell you about my day…



*A FEW HOURS PRIOR*


I let out a groan as the rays of the Sun shine down on my eyes. I sit up on the bed and stretch, letting out a loud yawn as I do. A smile spreads across my face as the feeling to the start of a new day spreads throughout my body. If there is one thing that will put me in a good mood in an instant; it’s the idea of getting to be around Twilight and spending as much time as possible with her.

I snap out of my thoughts when my nose picks up a smell and not a very good smell at that. I lift my right foreleg up to my nose and sniff a few times. I instinctively gag at the distinct smell of sweat. Somehow, I smell like I just finished exercising.

‘There is no way I will spend the day with Twilight smelling like sweat,’ I think to myself. I roll out of bed and walk over to the bathroom, closing the door behind me as I enter.

To be honest, having my own personal bathroom is a huge benefit as not only do I have the whole place to myself, but it’s the fact that I don’t have to leave my bedroom and search aimlessly for a bathroom. I’m very grateful that Twilight installed this bathroom when she did because the last thing I want is to bump into Twilight smelling like sweat.

I walk over to the tub and turn the silver wheels. I watch at the water begins to fill the tub. After a moment, I shut off the water and step into the tub. I let out a sigh as the warmth of the water spreads up my legs. I slowly lower the rest of my body into the water before lying down flat on my back, my head and half of neck the only thing not submerged.

As I soak in the tub, my thoughts shift to Twilight and I smile brightly. To be honest, I can’t wait for all of the fun things me and Twilight might do together today. I feel my heart warm up and I rest both of my hooves on my chest. Happiness flows throughout my body at the thought of spending time with Twilight, the mare I have grown attached to over time.

‘Twilight…’ I think happily to myself.



I push the door open and enter the kitchen. The smell of food being cooked flows into my nostrils and I feel my mouth being filled with saliva. I gulp it down and close the door behind me.

“Good morning!” I call out happily. Twilight, Starlight, and Spike look in my direction and smile.

“Good morning, Selina!” the 3 of them say at the same time. I walk over to Twilight’s right, lower my head, and nuzzle her neck softly. I feel Twilight stiffen, but I don’t think anything of it.

“Did you sleep well?” I ask.

“Y-yes, I have,” Twilight replies sheepishly. I stop nuzzling her neck and turn to face Starlight And Spike. They both have surprised expressions on their faces, like they have seen something that they weren’t expecting, but again, I think nothing of it.

“What about you two?” I ask with the smile still plastered on my face. They stare at me for a moment and I wait patiently for their answer.

“Um… we’re doing good,” they reply awkwardly. I give them a nod of my head before turning my attention back to Twilight.

“So, have anything planned for today?” I ask her. Twilight looks me in the eyes and slightly shakes her head.

“No, why?” she asks. I feel excitement at the reply and I think about what me and Twilight can.

I take notice of the purple aura around Twilight’s horn and I smile. A few days prior, she was teaching on how to use my magic, which ultimately ended with me getting bit in the flank by a book that I somehow brought to life. Maybe I can start the day off with Twilight by asking her if she can teach me on how to use magic again.

I allow the smile on my face to grow slightly. Honestly, starting off with that sounds like a great idea. I take my attention away from her horn and look her in the eyes.

“Well, I was thinking, I still don’t know how to use my magic and after what happened a few days ago with the book, I was hoping that you would like to teach me again?” I offer. Twilight goes wide eye and stares at me for a moment before a smile spreads across her face.

“Sure, I love to,” she replies. “After breakfast.”

My smile grows as excitement and a powerful feeling of joy rushes throughout my body. I wrap my forelegs around Twilight and hug tightly, stand up on my hindlegs, and I begin hopping up and down. That warm fuzzy feeling from last night resurfaces, much stronger than ever before, but that doesn’t matter to me. What matters is the pony I have wrapped in my forelegs.

“Yes!” I squeal. “Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes!!”

“Selina…” I hear Twilight gasp. “Can’t… breathe…”

“Whoops, sorry,” I say sheepishly. I place Twilight back on the floor and I get back down on all fours. I rub the back of my neck sheepishly with my left hoof, chuckling lightly. “I guess I’m very excited to be learning about using my magic again.”

“I’ll say,” I hear Spike say. I turn my attention to him and see that he’s giving me a bewildered expression. “You reacted just like Twilight whenever she’s given the opportunity to learn new spells or Equestrian history.”

I imagine Twilight reacting the same way I did and chuckle lightly again. I then smirk and arch my right eye at him.

“I’m pretty sure you would react the same way if you got to spend time with somepony you care about, like Rarity for example,” I tease.

Spike lifts his right hand up, his index finger pointing up. He looks ready to say something but his mouth closes, his index finger lowering. I giggle at this.

“I hope you’re hungry,” Twilight begins to say, “because breakfast is just about ready.”



I stand in the center of the library, aiming my full attention at the book that is lying on the floor about 2 feet away from me. Twilight is standing by my right side with a book held in her magic. The sound of the pages being turned every 10 seconds fills the room while I keep my focus trained on the book.

‘I won’t mess up this time,’ I think to myself determinedly. ‘I will keep my focus and do this nice and easy.’

“You ready?” Twilight asks. I nod my head. “Now, do the same thing you did before and this time, I won’t scare you.”

I roll my eyes in amusement before returning my focus on the book. I search deep within me and I find my magic easily. I hold onto it and apply some of my magic to my horn, but only enough to lift the book with ease. I apply some of my willpower into my horn and imagine myself holding onto the book and like before, an aura of turquoise surrounds it. I imagine myself lifting the book off the floor and I allow myself to smile as I watch the book begin to rise up from the floor.

’Stay focused,’ I think to myself as I feel excitement flow throughout my body. I push it aside and remain focused on the book.

Just like last time, the book reaches as high as my chest, only this time, I am way more prepared. At any point, Twilight is going to tell me to stop and hopefully won’t repeat what happened last time. I seriously don’t want another book to come to life and bite me in the flank. The first time was bad enough and I have a feeling that the second time will be much worse.

“Stop,” Twilight calls out, though not as loud as before. I imagine the book floating in mid-air and just like that, the book stops floating and is now up to as high as my face.

“Ha, I did it!” I say with pride, a smile spreading across my face.

“Now, what I want you to do is levitate the book all the way to the table in the center of the room,” Twilight says as she points. I turn my attention to the table and give her a nod.

Taking my focus back to the book, I imagine the book floating to the table. My smile widens a little as I watch the book make its slow descent to the table. I feel the excitement increase by ten-fold, yet I try my best to keep it under control. I’m doing good so far and the last thing I want to happen is to give in to my excitement and mess it up.

The book reaches the table and I wait until it reaches the center of the table. Applying some of my will, I slowly lower the book onto the table till the book makes contact with the table. I let go of my hold on my magic and the aura slowly vanishes.

I allow my smile to widen a bit more as a wave of accomplishment flows all throughout my body. I did it; I’ve learned how to levitate objects with my magic!! I feel something wrap around my neck. I look to see Twilight hugging me by my neck. I return the gesture by hugging her back.

“You did it, Selina,” Twilight says. “Congratulations.”

“Thanks, Twilight,” I say, feeling that familiar fuzzy feeling resurface once again. We end the hug and Twilight looks up at me with a big smile on her face. “So, anything else you can teach me?”


For an entire hour, Twilight taught me how to use different spells and I’m happy to say that while some of them took me a bit to get the hang of, they were fairly easy. I learned how to teleport, change objects and items into different forms, and to create protective magic shields. I’ll say two things; Twilight is an amazing teacher and learning magic is exhausting…



“There we go, I have done it,” I say with pride. I breathe out a low sigh and sit down on my haunches. “I never thought that learning all these spells can be so tiring.”

Twilight walks over to and sits down on her haunches by my left. She begins softly patting my back with her right hoof. I turn my attention to her.

“Well, you’re not used to using your magic so it will take some time getting used to,” Twilight says. “I’m very impressed with how well you did. Despite the few mess ups and errors, you learned how to use your magic well. Keep this up and you’ll be good at it in no time.”

I reply with a smile. It’s really nice to know that Twilight has faith in me. Not only that, but it was really nice of Twilight for encouraging me to keep trying whenever I failed trying to master a spell or having some trouble with my magic. It’s a really refreshing action, to be honest.

“So, do you want to learn another spell?” she asks. As much as I want to, I rather stop for the day and try to learn more tomorrow. It will be better that way.

“Nah, I think I’ve learned enough for today,” I reply softly.

“Really?” Twilight gasps. “But you were so excited to learn? Have you lost interest on learning one of the greatest things in Equestria? Do I have a part in your sudden loss of interest? Have you-”

I stuff my right hoof into Twilight’s mouth, silencing her completely. She looks me in the eyes with wide eyes. I chuckle lightly before making direct eye contact.

“Twilight, I’m still interested on wanting to learn about magic,” I begin to say. “I just want to stop for the day and maybe learn more tomorrow. I just don’t want to overwork myself, you get what I mean, right?”

Twilight stares at me for a moment before she replies with a simple nod of her head. I remove my hoof from her mouth and she takes in a big deep breath. After a few deep breaths, she, along with her eyes, begins to relax.

“Oh, heh, sorry,” she says sheepishly. “So, what do you plan to do?”

I think that over for a moment. I could walk back to my bedroom and stand out in my balcony to get some fresh air. The idea sounds wonderful, though it sounds a little too original. Maybe Twilight might have a better idea on what to do for the rest of the day.

I snap out of my thoughts and look Twilight in the eyes.

“I do, though I want to hear it from you first,” I reply. “Do you have something in mind that might count as relaxing?”

Twilight taps her lower chin with her left hoof, going into deep thought. I watch her, patiently waiting for what she has in mind. Whatever it might be, I bet it will be a wonderful idea. Of course, I know that not everything that Twilight will come up with will always be great, but I will remain open to hear it out anyway. That’s what friends are for.

A smile spreads across her face and makes direct eye contact with me.

“I do, and it’s a place that I have kept a secret for a long time,” Twilight says. “This will be the first time that somepony else will know about this. You have to promise to keep it a secret.”

I stare at her, taking in what she just said. Feelings of both shock and happiness flows throughout my body. Shock for learning that Twilight has a secret that she’s kept for a long time, one that best friends probably have no knowledge about. Happiness for Twilight trusting me enough to take me to this secret place and to keep it a secret. I can’t help but feel special.

I snap out of my thoughts and reply with a nod of my head.

“I promise that I will never take a single soul about what it is that you want to show me,” I say with earnest in my tone. Twilight stares at me for a moment before nodding her head.

“Follow me then,” she says and the two walks out of the library and begin our journey to her secret place.



“Are we there yet?” I ask Twilight for like the 5th time as we walk through the woods to reach the secret place Twilight wants to show me. I mentally imagine Twilight rolling her eyes in an amused manner.

“We’re almost there, Selina,” Twilight replies as she looks to her right to face me. “Just a little bit longer.”

I roll my eyes before she returns her attention to the path ahead. Twilight and I have been walking through the woods for the last twenty minutes and at this point, I am slightly annoyed. Though Twilight had just told me that we’re almost there, I feel the urge to teleport the both of us to where she wants to go to get the walk over with, though I doubt I will even succeed since I have no idea where it is that she’s taking me. All I’ll even succeed at doing is get the both of us lost.

“Okay, we’re here,” I hear Twilight say, snapping me out of my thoughts. Sure enough, Twilight and I step into some clearing and I am awe-struck by the sight.

The meadow is huge, probably like the size of a football field with flowers adorning it in several circles and in the center is a large hill with a tree standing proud and tall at the top. Shockingly, the meadow looks precisely like the field from my dream a few days ago, aside from the large hill and tree. Now, seeing something similar to a place you’ve seen in your dreams would unnerve or even terrify somepony, but not me. While the similarities are obvious, unlike the dream, this is real and nothing like the nightmare is going to happen.

“So, what do you think?” I hear Twilight ask me. I snap out of my thoughts and turn my attention to her. I smile at her and she smiles back at me.

“I think this is perfect,” I reply. “It’s beautiful.”

“I come here if I ever need some peace,” Twilight says. “I discovered this meadow a few days after it sprouted from the Tree of Harmony. I’ve kept this a secret for all this time and now, you’re the first pony to know about this place.”

I feel my eyes begin to water. She has no idea how special that just made me feel. Knowing that I’m the first to ever know about this place tells me on how much she trusts me. I know that she trusts her friends, but why would she show this place to me? Does she feel the same way I do for her? I shake this out of my head. Twilight probably chose the meadow as it might be much closer to home.

Twilight and I walk over to the hill and go all the way to the top. We step under the shade of the tree and we stop. Twilight sits down on her haunches and she turns to face me. She gestures with her head to sit down beside her and I smile. I walk over to her left and sit down on my haunches.

We stare down at the meadow and I allow a smile to spread across my face. I now see why Twilight has kept this place a secret; it’s so beautiful and peaceful, and it gives off the impression that it’s the kind of place that nopony even knows about its existence. If I have to hazard a guess, Twilight probably comes to this place so she can have some time to herself or maybe even for some privacy. I can be wrong here, but it’s only a guess.

I turn my attention to Twilight and stare in awe. The way the Sun’s light reflects off of her, along with the way the wind blows by her, making her mane rustle, shows off her beauty. I am not sure, but I believe Twilight is unaware of how beautiful she is. Yes, she may not be seen as good looking to a lot of ponies, but if they really took the time to look, they would no doubt see a mare who is beautiful in her own right.

I feel that familiar feeling resurface in my chest and I allow my smile to grow. Gosh, I wish I can just wrap her in my forelegs and maybe, if I ever get the chance, kiss her. I can see it now; me and Twilight in a relationship, doing things together, going out on dates, and kissing. I know it won’t be happening anytime soon, but it will be a dream come true if that truly were to happen.

I turn my attention away from her and back to the meadow.

“This place is so beautiful,” I compliment. “I can see why you would keep it a secret. It’s like your own little sanctuary.”

“It is,” Twilight replies. “I come here as it helps me deal with the stress of being a Princess. It’s not a very easy task, especially since I will be the new ruler of Equestria very soon.”

I turn my head to face her, my eyes feel like they are going to pop out of their sockets. Shock overwhelms my very being that I don’t have the strength to say a single word. Twilight will be the new ruler of Equestria?! How is that possible?! Didn’t Twilight tell me that both Celestia and Luna are the rulers of Equestria way back in the dungeons because I am pretty sure she had told me that!

I slightly recover from the shock enough for me to find the mental strength to speak.

“What?! Are you serious?!” I cry out. “You’re going to be the new ruler of Equestria?! How is that even possible?!”

Twilight turns to face me with blank expression plastered on her face. She proceeds to stare at me for a moment before replying to my question.

“You see, Celestia and Luna will be retiring very soon and they feel that I’m ready for it. We were going to have my coronation, but that’s when you came into the picture.”

“What is that supposed to mean?” I ask. There is a hint of hesitation in her eyes before she takes a deep breath and looks me in the eyes.

“It means…” Twilight pauses. “Selina, do you remember when you woke up in the dungeons with no memories?” I nod my head, remembering that day clearly. “Well, the day that we found you in the Castle of the Two Sisters happened to be my coronation day, the day where I would’ve been crowned the new ruler of Equestria.”

I stare at her in disbelief. It’s already shocking enough to learn Twilight is going to be the new ruler of Equestria, but to find out that I so happened to appear on her coronation day is beyond shocking to me. Could that be one of the reasons for Luna being so antagonistic towards me? That they now have to deal with possible new threats that might come up? That Celestia and Luna have to postpone their retirement because of me? That Twilight’s coronation will have to wait until all of this has been dealt with?

I can’t help but feel slightly responsible. If it wasn’t for me, Celestia and Luna would probably be in retirement and Twilight would be the new ruler of Equestria, but instead, they had to postpone it not only because of me, but also because of the fact that my new life might bring some new problems and threats.

At the same time, I know that this isn’t entirely my fault. I never asked to be brought back to life with the use of a stupid resurrection spell. I never asked to be reborn in the body of Nightmare Moon. If anything, I never asked for any of this. But in Luna’s eyes, this is all my fault.

“Selina, are you okay?” I hear Twilight ask. I snap out of my thoughts and turn my attention to the purple Alicorn.

“No,” I reply while shaking my head. “I can’t help but feeling responsible for what’s been going on.”

“Why?” she asks, looking at me with evident disbelief. I take a deep breath and look her in the eyes.

“Think about it, by some dumb chance, I was reborn into this body on your coronation day, which so happens to be the day Celestia and Luna were going to begin their retirement. But now, because of me, you, Celestia, and Luna had to postpone everything.

“And speaking of Luna, that might explain her antagonistic behavior and hatred towards me. I’m not saying that this might be true for it’s just a theory. I believe Luna is angry because not only did you all have to postpone just about everything, but also because that me being here might bring some new problems and consequences, possibly even new threats.

“I know that none of this is my fault, but at the same time, I feel slightly responsible. If I have never been reborn on the day of your coronation, you would be sitting on the throne, both Celestia and Luna would be in retirement and the possibility of new threats wouldn’t even be a concern.”

I roll my eyes so I’m looking down at the ground.

“Maybe everyone back at my former world is right about me… Maybe I’m nothing but a plague… that life would be easier if I wasn’t around…”

Something makes contact with the left side of my face, creating a sickening smack that echoes throughout the meadow. I cry out in pain as my head jolts back. Shock overwhelms my entire being as I slowly raise my left hoof to my left cheek. I flinch in pain as my hoof makes contact with my cheek. I look to Twilight, who is glaring at me with a very livid expression and her right foreleg wrapped around her.

“Don’t you EVER say that!” Twilight shouts angrily. “None of this is your fault and you are NOT a plague!”

“And how would you know that?” I retort, feeling angry myself. “How do you know that nothing bad is going to happen because of me being here? None of this would be happening if I wasn’t here.”

“Stop it!!” Twilight shouts even louder, her face turning a slight shade of red. “I don’t ever want to hear you say such things!! You’re NOT a plague and not responsible for what’s happened!! It’s not your fault that you were reborn on my coronation day and it’s certainly not your fault that everything had to be postponed!! Your resurrection, your amnesia, and the threats that might be coming, none of that is your fault!! None of it!! So stop blaming yourself for all of this!!”

Twilight begins breathing heavily as she continues to glare at me. She’s right; none of this is all my fault. I mentally slap myself for being stupid and for feeling that way. I can’t believe I allowed myself to feel that way. Not only did I hurt myself, but I might have possibly hurt Twilight. A wave of guilt flows throughout my body and I feel my heart drop to the pit of my stomach.

“Twilight… I…” I hesitate as I try to find the mental strength to speak. “You’re right; none of this is my fault… When you told those things to me, I thought them over and when I put the pieces together, I felt responsible as you, Celestia, and Luna had to postpone everything so you can deal with what’s been going on… I knew that it wasn’t my fault, but at the same time, I couldn’t help feel like it was…”

The anger fades from Twilight’s face, being replaced with an expression of hurt. I know that Twilight is processing what I told her and I watch as the hurt on her face grows. Like a flick of a switch, her face changes into one of both horrified realization and sorrow. Worry flows throughout my body as I watch this change.

Twilight looks me in the eyes as tears well up in her eyes. I feel my heart threaten to shatter at the sight. She suddenly lunges at me and the impact causes me to fall on my flank. She quickly wrapping her forelegs around me and I take notice of her shaking.

“I’m… sorry…” Twilight whimpers weakly. This catches me by surprise. It’s me who should be sorry, not her. If she’s apologizing for slapping me, she shouldn’t as I rightfully deserved it.

“Twilight, it’s okay…” I whisper softly. “You don’t have to apologize for slapping me… I kind of deserved it…”

“No… not for that…” Twilight whimpers. Okay, now I am genuinely confused. If she’s not apologizing for that, then what is it?

“Then… what?” I ask, feeling my eyes begin to well up with tears. “Twilight, I don’t understand…”

“For…” she hesitates. “For making you think that this is all your fault.”

Everything clicks in my head and I fully understand. She thinks that I took what she said to heart and put the blame on myself. I feel sick to my stomach at this realization. All of this could have been avoided if I kept this all to myself. If there is anypony to blame for this, it’s me.

I instantly wrap my forelegs around her, hugging her as tightly as possible.

“Twilight… it’s okay…” I whisper softly as I feel the tears trail down my face. “It’s me who be sorry… I should have kept my thoughts to myself… This is my fault… not yours…”

“Selina…” Twilight whimpers as she hugs me tightly.

“Twilight…” I whimper before I lost control. I bury my face into her mane and begin to sob. I feel Twilight bury her face into my neck and feel her tears stain my fur and right now, I don’t care.

‘What kind of pony am I…?’ I think to myself as we continue to sob, letting our emotions run their course.



We enter the castle, the both of us emotionally exhausted. We stop by what I presume to be Twilight’s bedroom and her horn lights up. A purple aura surrounds the door hand for the right door and it swings open. Twilight takes a few steps before turning her head around to face me.

“I guess this is where we part ways,” Twilight says, her voice a bit hoarse from all of the crying.

“I guess so,” I say. “Thanks for spending the day with me, Twilight.”

“You’re welcome, Selina,” Twilight says. “I had a lot of fun today.” The smile fades from her face and is replaced with a frown. “I’m so sorry for slapping you.”

“It’s okay,” I say. “I kind of deserved it for saying those things and I’m sorry for saying those things. I should’ve kept those things to myself.”

“It’s okay,” Twilight says. “Sometime talking about your thoughts is better than keeping it to yourself. Before I go to bed, I want to ask you something.”

I allow myself to smile gently.

“Sure, what is it?” I ask.

“Why is it that you want to spend all this time with me?” she asks. “I mean I appreciate that you want to as you’re my friend, but why solely me?”

My smile turns nervous and I feel small beads of sweat begin to form on my forehead. I really wish she didn’t ask me that question because I now feel cornered. I don’t want to tell her about my feelings for her and yet, if I give out my reason, it might be enough for her to figure out what is really going on. I really don’t want to deal with the embarrassment later on.

“Well…” I begin to say, trying to come up with an idea before one pops up in my head. “Since you’re my friend and the whole purpose of me living here with you is to learn the magic of friendship, what better way to learn that than by spending the day with you.”

Twilight eyes me for a bit, obviously trying to see if I am hiding something from her. I try my best to keep myself composed, yet something tells me that I’m failing miserably.

A smile spreads across her face and I allow myself to relax.

“That sounds very sweet of you,” Twilight says. “Well, I better get some sleep. See you tomorrow, Selina.”

“See you tomorrow,” I say and with that, Twilight closes her bedroom door. I stand there at the door for a moment before turning and beginning my own journey to my bedroom.



So, here I am, in my bedroom writing down everything that had taken place today. Maybe Twilight’s right about sharing my thought. Sharing them might be better than keeping it to myself. Then again, there’re some thoughts not worth sharing so she might be partially right about that.

Speaking of Twilight, looking back, even when I didn’t fully trust Twilight, I was open and told her about my thoughts, what I remembered, and even went as far as enjoying her company. I told her things that I’m pretty sure that some ponies would keep to themselves, refusing to even tell those they are close to. It’s like I can trust her with anything. To top if off, Twilight would listen, even though I’m pretty sure it all sounded crazy to her.

Is this what love feels like? Is this what it’s like to find somepony you can trust? To be more precise; is this what it’s like to fall in love with somepony? I don’t even know…


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


I place the feather into the ink bottle and close my diary. I place my left hoof onto my chest as the familiar feeling spreads all throughout my body. I feel my thoughts shift to Twilight and remembering all of the times when I opened up to her.

Back to the days when I didn’t know about my gift, I was open with her and told her my thoughts and the life I had back when I was human when some of my memories came back. Even when something deep within told me to just keep it to myself and not say anything, I went against it and told her everything anyways.

Come to think of it, if me and Twilight were just friends, I wouldn’t have told her any of these things. Though Twilight has been friends with Rarity, Fluttershy, Applejack, Pinkie Pie, and Rainbow Dash, I’m very positive that she hasn’t told them things that she prefers keeping to herself. That isn’t the case for me.

My friendship with Twilight has always been something more. If we were just friends, secrets would’ve been kept. However, I told her things that could’ve kept to myself, but didn’t. Maybe that something that has been telling not to tell Twilight certain things isn’t something random. Maybe that something that was telling me those things was actually a part of my old personality trying to get me to keep things to myself.

That would make sense as back when I was human, after being treated like my thoughts and opinions didn’t matter, I soon started to keep things all to myself and created a barrier around my mind to keep it from being invaded. Instead of following through with it, I opened up and told Twilight things that would make me sound crazy to others.

I close my eyes as I feel a tear trail down my left cheek.

‘Am… am I in love with Twilight Sparkle?’ I think to myself. Something deep down tells me that I am, but there is only one way to know; I will have to go see Rarity.

She somehow figured out about my crush on Twilight a few days ago. If she never did, I have no idea what would’ve happened if I found out about it by myself. I might not even have done the things that I have done with Twilight. I mean I might’ve, but how would I know that?

And about Rarity; something about her just makes me think ‘love expert’. If there is one pony I can trust to tell about my feelings about Twilight and the only one who can help me see if I really am in love with Twilight, it would be her.

I let out a sigh as I walk over and climb onto bed. I lay the covers over my body and roll onto my left side. I slowly close my eyes and drift off to sleep.

Author's Note:

Here is the seventeenth chapter!! :)

Like I said, this would be written like a diary entry and let me tell you; it felt very strange to write something like this. I know there isn't a lot of entries, but I couldn't think of anything else so if you guys think there should be more, let me know.

I know that Selina doubting her feelings for Twilight being love is getting annoying so I will explain why this is the case. In her human life, Selina never experienced love and because of this, she doesn't want to jump to conclusions and think that what she is feeling really is romantic or something else entirely. Although the signs are there, she doesn't see that way. The next chapter will be the final nail on the coffin for her.

Anyways, hope you enjoyed this chapter. All criticism is appreciated and I will see you guys in the next one!! :)


Edit 1: This chapter has been completely rewritten from scratch. The reason for that is because I felt like the original a little too fast paced and unfitting. So, I decided to rewrite so that it fits with the story. If there anything that needs fixing, let me know and I will get to work on it right away. Hope you enjoy the new version of Chapter 17. :)

Comments ( 9 )

I take a bite out of my hayburger and moan in delight. I have no idea how something like this can taste so good, but dear goodness gravy, these ponies know how to make something simple as hay taste so darn good. I begin to chew my bite and look to my companion, who is sitting at the other end of the table.

TargetPayandBenefits

not a fan of an entire chapter being journal

11026177

You don't have to worry for this will be the only chapter that will be like this.

Unless you have something in mind that might make this better, I love to hear it. :)

11026259
well instead of a chapter solely diary have it mix with a live senario. For one of my story their is a short entery either in front or at the end of a chapter.

11026445

I think that's a great idea. So, have the events be shown after each entry or have them take place and then have it be recorded at the end?

11026668
depends on what you need. it cover an event before had I did it at the start. with the final part being summary and some aftermath

11050146

was meant as a joke

11050181

Oh, I didn't know that. Still, I hope you are enjoying the story. The other chapters will be receiving their updates very soon. :)

Comment posted by rikithemonk deleted Nov 16th, 2021
Login or register to comment