• Published 12th Apr 2021
  • 3,134 Views, 111 Comments

The Adventures of Selina Lunar - Mike728



An amnesic Nightmare Moon learns the magic of friendship while trying to regain her memories of her past.

  • ...
11
 111
 3,134

Chapter 4

A moan escapes my throat as I begin stirring from sleep, leaving the depths of unconsciousness. I roll onto my left side and slowly open my eyes halfway. With my vision blurry, I have a hard time trying to decipher on where the heck I am. At first, my surroundings don’t look familiar and a wave of panic washes over me. My eyes shot open and I instantly roll onto my back, sitting up on the bed in a panic.

I begin looking around, turning my head left and right so fast that I can feel myself becoming dizzy. I eventually stop and take slow deep breaths to help calm myself down. As I do, memories of what happened comes flooding back to me, as well as remembering where I am. I can’t help but feel kind of silly for panicking like a scared little pony. To be honest, I don’t know why I had that momentary lapse in my memory and I don’t think I’ll ever find out or understand why.

I turn my attention to the balcony doors see light shining in through the glass. I allow a smile to spread across my face at the sight. Seeing this reminds that this is the start of a brand new day and hopefully, make some good memories that will last a lifetime. To me, a brand new day is the start of a brand new adventure.

My thoughts shift to when Princess Celestia told me about moving me to Ponyville to live with Twilight so I can learn the magic of friendship. The strange warm feeling resurfaces and I can’t help but feel somewhat excited. Of course, I am very well aware that I won’t be permanently living with that mare. Once I learn what I can from her, I’ll move out and live my own life without anypony stopping me.

Though the idea of living on my own sounds perfect, I can’t help but frown at the idea of living alone. Living alone is what I truly want, yet I don’t find comfort at the thought of living in a big house all alone with nopony to keep me company whenever I need somepony to talk to.

Something deep down tells me that I don’t need anypony and that I can live without friends. That friends are nothing but a big pain in the butt and that they will eventually betray me and leave me in the dust. I don’t know why but I find myself agreeing with that part of me.

However, another part of me tells me that making friends will probably be the best thing that will ever happen to me. That maybe having some companions will make my life better and happier and that once I learn to trust other ponies and they earn my trust, I can befriend them and maybe even do some fun things together.

I smile at the idea of making friends. Though I will be alone living on my own, I will still have friends to go and see whenever I want to see them. That thought alone makes me feel a bit better and excited at the same time. Being around that love and care about me and accept for me for who I am is something that I hope will happen one day.

‘I don’t know why, but I can’t wait,’ I think to myself excitedly before it suddenly dies. ‘Yet at the same time, I’m nervous. I will be going to some place unfamiliar to me and be learning how to befriend random ponies. Exciting as that is, it sounds very weird.’

For some odd reason, I take notice of something soft and comfortable on my hindlegs. I look down to see the large red blanket tucked around my hindlegs.

Confusion hits me like a ton of bricks. I… I know for a fact that I went to sleep without getting under the blanket. That can only mean one thing in particular; somepony had walked into my room in the middle of the night and tucked me under the blanket.

The thought of somepony walking into my room and tucking me in like a baby angers me. I am a full grown mare and the last thing I want is for somepony to tuck me like a two-year-old. That will make me look completely ridiculous and besides, I can take care of myself. Of course, since I know absolutely nothing about Equestria and all, I will have to ask for help from time-to-time.

*KNOCK* *KNOCK* *KNOCK*

A series of soft knocks at the door snaps me out of my thoughts and I turn my attention to it. I stare at the door, contemplating on whether I should get out of bed and answer the door or just simply ignore it.

‘Maybe by ignoring it, whoever it is that is standing outside the door will go away,’ I think to myself.

*KNOCK* *KNOCK* *KNOCK*

The knocking repeats in the same manner and I realize that ignoring it just isn’t an option. I begin to think about who could be on the other side of the door.

Maybe it’s the guards just knocking on my door to make sure I was okay and haven’t tried anything funny, like trying to escape the castle for example. Even if I wanted to do, there is no way I’ll be able to make even halfway through the castle. Even if the guards were afraid of me, I know that they will do their jobs and try to stop me. And if even if I tried to escape by jumping out of the balcony, I won’t be able to since for starters, even with wings, I can’t fly since I don’t know how to and plus, I don’t even know how far up the balcony is. I will be asking for my death if I tried to jump off the balcony.

Maybe it’s Twilight knocking on the door. I don’t know why but just the mere possibility of Twilight knocking on my door makes my face grow hot for some reason. I try my best to keep myself under control. Like seriously, I just met her yesterday and for some dumb reason, I am beginning to feel very weird every time I think about her. Speaking of Twilight, I think of a good reason as to why she would be knocking on my door.

‘Maybe she wants to tell me that it’s time for me to get ready for the move to Ponyville?’ I think to myself. It’s the only logical explanation that I can think of.

Maybe it’s Princes Luna knocking on my door, coming back to start some beef with me again like the way she did it last night. I frown at the possibility of it being that annoying Moon Princess knocking on my door. The last thing I want is to deal with her annoying butt first thing in the morning and just ruin my mood.

‘I just wish she can just leave me alone,’ I think to myself and realize something real quick. ‘No, it can’t be Princess Luna. If it was her, she’ll be pounding on the door instead of knocking on the door gently. Considering how she hates me, she might’ve barged in here without me giving a reply. It makes sense.’

Maybe it’s Princess Celestia that’s knocking on the door. That might make sense since, despite giving that one hateful look back in the dungeons, she is the only one of the two sisters that hasn’t been rude to me or tried to start any beef with me. Maybe Celestia’s here because she wants to talk to me about something that she had somehow forgotten to tell me last night. It does make sense, in a way.

*KNOCK* *KNOCK* *KNOCK*

I let out a sigh, knowing that the knocking will come again unless I answer. Might as well get it out of the way so I don’t worry the pony on the other side of the door, I guess.

“Who is it?” I call out loud.

“It’s Celestia,” came the familiar voice of the Princess. “May I come in, please?”

I think this over. Although it might sound like Celestia, it might possibly be Luna using Celestia’s voice to try and trick me. Maybe the soft knocking on the door is also another way for me to let my guard down and give her a chance to start beef with me with the possible intent on provoking me. To be very honest, I don’t think I will be able to know unless I allow the pony on the other side of the door to enter my room.

“Yes, you can come in,” I respond. The door to my bedroom opens and sure enough, Celestia steps inside. I resist the urge to let out a huge sigh of relief, knowing that it isn’t Princess Luna in disguise or anything of the sort.

Shutting the door behind her, she walks over to the bed while giving me a warm smile. I really like that smile. It gives off this comforting feeling, one that tells you that everything is going to be alright. That is a feeling that I like a lot.

“Good morning,” she says, sitting down beside the bed.

“Good morning, Celestia,” I reply back.

“How are you?”

“I’m doing good.”

“I trust that you slept well.”

“I sure did,” I say softly. “With how soft the bed is, I pretty much slept like a baby.”

Celestia lightly chuckles at this. I allow a smile to spread across my face as I watch. I really want to ask Celestia if she knows who entered my room and tucked me in under the blanket, but I decide against it since honestly, it will be weird to ask that right off the bat. If I do ask, she might think that I’m weird or probably have a screw loose in my brain.

“It’s great to hear that you slept wonderfully,” Celestia says after she composes herself.

“Yeah,” I chuckle lightly before the memories of what happened last night with Luna hits me like a ton of bricks. I stop chuckling and turn my head away so that I’m not facing Celestia and look down at the blanket. I allow a frown to spreads across my face, not even bothering to resist.

“What’s wrong?” Celestia asks. I don’t answer. I just continue to stare at the blanket, refusing to make eye contact with her. “Can you please look at me and tell me?”

Again, I don’t reply. I continue to stare at my blanket as the memories of the heated ‘talk’ with Luna replays in my head. I feel a rush of anger flow through me and I tighten my grip on the blanket. I really hate the fact that she threatened to turn me to stone if I try to take over Equestria and how she is watching my every move. Like seriously, it’s already bad enough that she hates me, but to know that she will be watching everything I do is just borderline creepy.

“Young mare, look at me right now,” I hear Celestia say sternly. I look to see her giving me a stern expression. “Did something happen last night? If so, I need you to tell me right now.”

I want to tell her that it’s nothing and that it’s none of her darn business because frankly, it’s not. I want to stand my ground and tell the Princess to back off, but something deep down tells me to not go through with that action. It warns me that I go through with it, I will be creating nothing but trouble for myself and that’s the last thing I need right now.

‘I might as well tell her,’ I think to myself. ‘Something tells me that she won’t let it go unless I tell her.’

I sigh and look into Celestia’s stern eyes.

“Your sister came to my room to talk about a few things with me last night,” I reply in a low tone. Celestia proceeds to give me a curious look.

“About what?” she asks. I take a deep breath in order to steel my nerves. I really hope that I don’t regret making this decision.

“She thinks that I am tricking you and Twilight into believing that I have amnesia and how I have you both fooled,” I explain. “She thinks that I’m doing this so I can ‘escape facing justice’, whatever that means. Before she left the room, she told me that she will be watching my every move and if I try to take over Equestria again, she will turn me to stone.”

I look back to Celestia and see a blank expression on her face. I have no idea what she is thinking or how she is processing what I told her, but I really hope that she believes me. Something in the back of my mind tells me that Celestia won’t believe me because this is her sister I’m talking about. To top it off, I am probably something that she, Twilight, and Luna probably want to forget about entirely. That doesn’t bring any comfort. Instead, it brings a feeling of dread.

“Celestia, please believe me when I tell you that I never want to do such a thing,” I say in a slightly pleading tone. “I want to create a new legacy for myself. I want to prove to other ponies that I am not who they think I am, despite that I look like this ‘Nightmare Moon’ pony. I don’t want ponies to see me as a being of evil and terror. I want them to see that I’m a pony, just like them, not the other way around.”

Celestia looks at me with a thoughtful expression and appears to go into deep thought. I feel slightly hopeful, hoping that she sees that I am being truthful with her because I am. I hope she sees that what I’m trying to say to her is that I want to be seen as a pony, not the evil monster that they all see me as.

Celestia looks me in the eyes and gives me a warm smile.

“I believe you,” she says softly. “I can sense that your words are genuine and that is why I believe that you moving to Ponyville to live with Twilight is the best course of action.”

I stare at Celestia with wide eyes, surprised and shocked by her words. To be honest, I am grateful that she believes me. Something in the back of my mind reminds me that she still doesn’t trust me, even after what I said to her. Even if that is the case, I am still grateful that Celestia believes and probably has faith in me. That is enough for me.

My thoughts shift to what happened in the bathroom, specifically to when I saw my face in the mirror above the sink. I resist the urge to frown upon remembering that moment. In my eyes, it wasn’t my face that I was staring at; it is a face that belongs to a very terrifying monster. A monster whose legacy is feared by many. That’s something I will have to change as soon as possible. While I do look like her, I am nothing like her in mind and soul, not by a long shot.

‘If I’m going to live a happy life here in Equestria, I will have to create a new legacy for myself,” I think to myself. ‘And to do that, I will have to ask Celestia if she sees me as a monster.’

I sigh and look Celestia in the eyes.

“Celestia, can I ask you something?”

“What is it?” she asks, that warm smile still plastered on her face.

“Am I a monster to you?” I ask. The smile vanishes from her face and shock takes its place.

“Excuse me?” she asks with shock present in her tone. “I don’t understand the meaning of your question.”

I take a deep breath and look the Sun Princess in the eyes. I have to be very honest with her.

“What I mean is; do you see me as a monster in your eyes?” I say. “Some of the ponies in the castle gave me a fearful expression and tremble in pure terror or run down the hallways screaming at the top of their lungs as if I was going to hurt them whenever they caught sight of me. Every time that happened, I felt my heart ache, threatening to shatter to pieces until it just got annoying. Something tells me that all the ponies will see me as a monster that came from their nightmares.”

I feel my eyes begin to water up, but I try my best to steel my nerves and continue on with what I am saying.

“If I’m going to create a new legacy for myself, I want ponies to love and respect me, see me as a pony, just like them. Do you think all of this can be possible? I want to make friends, but can it all be possible if the world only sees me as a monster? I want to have the ability to make my own choices and be my own pony, but will it be possible?”

Celestia stares at me with a blank expression, obviously taking in what I said to her. I wait for her response. As I wait, I notice something familiar in her eyes. I take a closer look and see that familiar hint of concentration in her eyes, similar to the concentration Luna had while she was glaring at me during dinner. I begin to feel very uneasy, though I try my best to not show it.

‘What is she trying to do?’ I think to myself. ‘Whatever it is, it’s taking a lot of concentration, something I think she’s trying to not make obvious. I wonder what that can be.’

After a moment, the concentration leave Celestia’s eyes as she proceeds to looks me in the eyes, giving me that same warm smile from earlier.

“I don’t see you as a monster in my eyes,” she replies. “I know that this is all very overwhelming for you, but don’t let negative thoughts get in the way of what you desire. And most important of all, don’t let what other ponies say about you get in the way. I have faith that you will be successful in your goal. All that you have to do is believe in yourself and don’t ever stop believing. Persistence is the key and I know that you have the strength and will to do it.”

I smile at her words. While I don’t trust Celestia much, along with the concentration I noticed in her eyes just seconds ago, something deep in my gut is telling me to believe and trust in her words.

“Thanks, Celestia,” I say.

“You’re welcome,” Celestia says. “Would you like to have breakfast with me and Twilight?”

I give her a shake of my head. It’s nice of her to invite me for breakfast, but I am not in the mood to eat. I want to be left alone so I can have some time to think. Being alone right now is what I need currently. Besides, if Luna will be there eating breakfast with Celestia and Twilight, there is no doubt that we will have a repeat of last night. That is something I don’t want to deal with first thing in the morning.

“No thanks, Celestia,” I reply. “I appreciate the offer, but I’m not hungry right now.”

I can see a small hint of disappointment present in her eyes, but she keeps that smile on her face before proceeding to slowly nod her head.

“I understand,” Celestia says. “If you need anything, just let the guards stationed outside know.”

“I will,” I say. Celestia gives me another small nod of her head, gets up and walks out of the bedroom, closing the door behind her.

After waiting a minute, I remove the blanket from my body and roll out of bed. I turn my attention to the balcony doors and the idea of going out onto the balcony to get some fresh air pops up in my head. It sounds like a great idea. Maybe getting some fresh air is what I need to help clear my head and help me get my mind off a few things.

I walk over to the balcony doors, rest my hooves on the doors and push them open. I walk out onto the balcony and the smell of the fresh morning air fills my nostrils. I let out a refreshed sigh. I walk over to the column bracket and rest my hooves on the edges, looking out into the far distance. A small gust of wind blows past me, ruffling my hair in the process.

I let another refreshed sigh escape and a smile creep onto my face. I feel my thoughts become clear and my body feel at ease and at peace. Lot of the things that Celestia said to me plays in my head and of her faith that she has in me. As much as I appreciate her words, I don’t feel very assured and comforted by them. While things may look good for me at this moment, all it will take is one tiny mistake and everything will come crumbling down. That is something that I can’t allow to happen. Not on my watch.

‘Besides, if I make that one tiny mistake, Luna will see it as an excuse to turn me to stone and there is no doubt that she will take that chance in a heartbeat,’ I think to myself before shaking my head disapprovingly. ‘This is going to turn into one heck of a problem. I can tell already.’

I look down at the land below. I am shocked when I catch sight of the surroundings below.

Surrounding the castle are countless structures, all of them having this fancy-like feel to them and walking down the paths were like hundreds of ponies, many of them wearing some kind of clothing, clothing that looked really fancy. I look away from the structures below and turn my attention to the horizon. In the far distance, I see countless trees and the colorful landscapes as far as the eyes can see.

‘This is so beautiful,’ I think to myself in amazement. ‘I wonder what the rest of Equestria looks like.’

“Hey, Nightmare Moon?” suddenly came a voice from behind me. I jump a bit and I feel my heart skip a beat.

“EEK!!” I shriek in surprise.

I quickly turn my whole body around to see Twilight Sparkle standing in the doorway. I let out a sigh of relief before I glare at her. I watch her shrink slightly at this, but I don’t care.

“Don’t you ever do that again, Twi” I scold in a slightly loud tone. “You scared me to death. What were you trying to do? Give me the world’s biggest heart attack?”

“Heh, sorry about that,” Twilight says with a sheepish smile.

“It’s water under the bridge now,” I reply roughly. I calm myself down and walk over to her, giving her a curious look.

“So, what’re you doing here?” I ask curiously as I sit down on my haunches about a foot and a half away from her.

“Celestia asked me to come talk to you about a few things,” Twilight says simply.

“Okay, about what?” I say. I am curious as to where she is going with this.

“For starters, we need to give you a new name,” Twilight begins to say. I completely forgot about trying to find myself a brand new name. It must have slipped my mind when Celestia told me about what was going to happen to me and when Luna confronted me some time later. “Second, I created a disguise for you. That way, you can walk amongst the ponies without any trouble. And finally, we have to keep your real form a secret since there are ponies out there that won’t take kindly to you and might… try to…”

“It’s okay, Twilight,” I say with reassurance. “I understand completely.”

“Okay,” Twilight says with a small smile. I smile in return.

In truth, I did understand what she was saying. If the ponies of Ponyville saw me in my real form, they will come to the conclusion that I am the real Nightmare Moon and might resort to drastic measures, measures that make my fur stand up. The last thing I want is to have to deal with something like that at any point while living with Twilight.

I suddenly find her smile to be cute and I feel that warmth resurface in my chest again.

‘Why do I find her smile to be so cute?’ I think to myself. ‘And why won’t this feeling go away?’

I snap out it and look Twilight in the eyes.

“So, what should we do first?” I ask. I watch that cute smile of hers grow slightly at my question.

“Let’s start with giving you a new name,” Twilight says. “Do you have one in mind?”

I begin tapping the lower part of my muzzle as I try to think of a new name for myself. I come up with nothing. I try and try, but I come up with nothing every time. Coming up with a new name is harder than I thought.

“I’ve got nothing,” I say. I sigh in defeat. “What about you? Did you come up with anything?”

“I did actually,” Twilight says. “I came up with it last night.”

“Oh?” I ask curiously. “What is it?”

“Selina Lunar,” Twilight says cheerfully.

I stare at Twilight with wide eyes as I think over the name. Selina Lunar??? I find the name to be somewhat okay. I am not against it by any means. I am rather curious as to why she picked it.

“Selina Lunar?” I ask curiously.

“Well, I figured since you have a starry mane and tail, and since the name has connections to the moon and the night, I believed the name might suit you perfectly,” Twilight says.

I continue to stare at Twilight as I think over what she said. To be honest, I prefer that name than being called ‘Nightmare Moon’ all the time. To top it off, I find the name to be fitting. As weird as the name sounds, I really do like it. I even feel like it fits me in some way.

“So, what do you think?” Twilight asks. I give Twilight a small smile and I witness the smile on her face grow.

“I like it,” I say.

“Okay then,” Twilight says. “From now, you will now be called by your new name; Selina Lunar."

I give Twilight a small nod as a feeling of happiness flows through me.

“Okay, now for your disguise,” Twilight says and I witness her horn light up. I become curious as to what she is doing. I don’t have to wait for long.

Levitating from behind her is a really pretty necklace with a silver chain and a crescent moon pendant. I give her a curious look. What does a necklace have anything to do with the disguise that Twilight created for me? To me, it seems kind of silly.

“Twilight, what’s with the necklace?” I ask curiously.

“I placed a spell on the necklace, which will help change your appearance so that you can walk amongst the ponies of Ponyville without trouble,” she says as she levitates the necklace closer to me. “I’m going to put the necklace around your neck, so don’t move.”

I nod and the clip of the necklace opens. Twilight levitates the necklace around my neck and I hear the clip to the necklace close. With the necklace fashioned around my neck, the light around Twilight’s horn diminishes. We wait for something to happen. I don’t have to wait for long.

I feel a chill run up my spine as I begin to feel all tingly. I close my eyes and I feel something warm and fuzzy flow throughout my entire body. I feel myself shrinking and my wings sinking into my back. This entire time, I expect to be wrecked with pain throughout this entire thing. Nothing like that ever happens. Just as quick as the changes start, they stop.

“Okay, open your eyes now,” Twilight says. I open my eyes and I catch sight of a huge mirror floating about a foot away from me. I gasp as I catch sight of my reflection in the mirror.

Instead of the black-furred, winged pony, there is a mare with a horn on the top of her head. I have messy, slightly long black hair going down from the back of my neck with a puff of it on the top and a long tail in the same color. I possess emerald green eyes and a white fur coat. I also notice that I look a lot smaller than I was, probably around Twilight’s height.

I stare at my reflection, shock overcoming every part and sense of my body. It looks and feels so strange to be staring at something different in the mirror other than the face I saw in the bathroom mirror. Unlike last time, I see the face and body of an ordinary pony staring back in the mirror. As normal as this looks, I know that I am far from normal.

“Is… is this me?” I ask. I squeak when I notice the change in my voice. It is much high pitched, although not to the point where it sounds very squeaky or anything.

“Yep,” Twilight says from behind the mirror. “So, what do you think?”

I look away from the mirror and examine the rest of my body. It isn’t the best looking disguise Twilight came up with, but it is at least something. I may also not be the best looking mare in Equestria either, but I still do look good.

At the same time, something in my gut is telling me that this is all wrong. The fact that I have to use a disguise so I can fit in and walk amongst the other ponies in Ponyville is like putting on a mask and costume to hide you true self from the rest of the world. This course of action is like creating a new identity and shunning my real one.

I sigh mentally. As much as I hate the idea of using a disguise, becoming a different pony that is nothing like me, I know that it’s for my own safety. I seriously don’t want to risk something bad happening to me because of me looking like Nightmare Moon.

I shake my head and turn my attention to Twilight.

“Not the best, but I can live with this,” I say and the mirror pops out of existence. “How much time do we have left before we head to Ponyville?”

“In like about an hour,” she replies. “What do you plan on doing while you wait before we have to get going?”

“I will be staying out here to enjoy the scenery,” I reply. I walk over to the column brackets and stand up on my hindlegs. I rest my forelegs onto the edges and rest my chin on top. I don’t bother on turning my head to face Twilight. “If you’re not busy with anything, I wouldn’t mind you watching and enjoying the scenery with me.”

“Well…” I hear hesitation in Twilight’s tone. I don’t know why, but I feel my heart ache when the thought of enjoying this by myself rear its very ugly head. “If you insist…”

“It’s okay if you don’t want to,” I quickly say. If Twilight doesn’t want to, I will not object. I won’t force her to do something she doesn’t want to do against her will.

“I guess I can go for some fresh air,” she replies. I see her walk over to my side, stand up on her hindlegs, rest her hooves on the edge in the corner of my eye.

I stare out into the horizon and I sigh contently. The beauty of it all is something that you can’t describe with words alone. This is something that one has to see with their own eyes for themselves in order to get the full idea of it all. I inhale the crisp morning air and sigh. I don’t know why, but I just also love the smell that comes in the morning. It is a smell that signals to all that it is the start of a brand new day.

I feel a soft breeze whip past me. I close my eyes and feel myself become at ease. The breeze is soft enough to bring a comforting feeling throughout my body. I can’t help but smile as I feel the tension that I didn’t know I had wash away. I think the tension is from the confrontation with Luna last night or just from everything in general. Nevertheless, I’m glad that a soft breeze from the wind is powerful enough to put anyone at ease.

“This feels wonderful,” I whisper contently.

“Say that 10x fast,” Twilight replies. I open my eyes, look away from the scenery and turn my attention to Twilight, giving her a little mischievous smirk.

“I think I can,” I say mischievously. “I can give it a go, if that’s what you want.”

Twilight turns her head away from the scenery and proceeds to look me dead in the eyes. I allow my smirk to grow slightly at this. This is reaction I wanted from her.

“Please don’t,” she says in a low tone. I chuckle as Twilight turns her attention back to the scenery. Once I compose myself, I think back to what Twilight and Celestia told me last night.

I know that Celestia and Twilight told me I am moving to Ponyville to learn the magic of friendship last night, but I am nervous and honestly, scared. I know that I was excited about the idea, but now, concerns are coming to life. I don’t know what to expect once we arrive at the town. Are any of the ponies there nice? Are there any ponies I need to be worried about or avoid that I need to be aware of? The last thing I want to move to Ponyville not knowing anything.

“Twilight, I want to ask you a few things,” I say. Twilight looks away from the scenery and turns her attention to me once again.

“What is it?” she asks.

“I want to know what I am getting into before we head to Ponyville,” I say. “Is there anything I need to be aware of?”

She gives me a curious look. “Like what?”

“Are the ponies there nice? Are there any ponies in particular that I need to avoid and be careful around? Are there any rules there I have to follow?” I wait for Twilight to give me a reply. I don’t receive any so I continue. “Twilight, the reason I am asking is because I want to go prepared rather than go in not knowing about anything.”

Twilight looks at me with a blank expression on her face. She is probably processing what I said and is thinking about how to answer my questions with honesty. I wait patiently for her answers.

“I have been living in Ponyville for years and I know the ponies well, so you don’t have to worry about anything,” she replies. “The ponies there are indeed nice.”

That’s good to know,’ I think to myself, feeling some of the worry wash away, though it’s still present.

“There are no ponies I know in particular that you should be wary about, as far as I’m aware.”

I guess that means that there isn’t any pony that I need to be careful around. Maybe good, maybe bad. This can go any way and hopefully, it won’t go down the bad way.’

“You can’t steal or litter, which is one thing.”

‘Figures.’

“Other than that, Ponyville is a very safe place.”

I feel the nervousness wash away and the feeling of relief takes its place. I know the answers are not much, but they are something. I give Twilight a small smile. Twilight responds by giving me a small smile in return. I feel that strange warmth form in my chest once again.

‘What is happening to me?’ I think to myself. ‘Why am I feeling this way? It feels good, but I am terrified by it at the same time.’

I hear the balcony doors open behind us. I look to see Princess Celestia standing in the doorway with a smile on her face. I suddenly take notice of that familiar faint concentration in her eyes for a split second before it disappears completely.

“I see that you are enjoying the view,” Celestia says softly. I nod my head as a way of acknowledgement.

“I am,” I reply. “It’s very beautiful.”

“I agree,” Celestia says. “I sometimes walk out onto my balcony and stare into the horizon, enjoying the beauty of it all before beginning my duties.” She proceeds to stare at me for a moment. “I have to say, that disguise fits you.”

I feel my cheeks become hot from the statement before realizing something. How the heck does she knows that it’s me and that I’m wearing a disguise? Was she spying on me and Twilight while we were out here and we just happened to not notice her? It sounds logical as there is no other explanation for her knowing this.

‘I might as well not dwell on it,’ I think to myself.

“Thank you, I guess,” I say before remembering something else. “Oh, I also have a new name. It’s Selina Lunar.”

The smile on Celestia’s face grows. “Did you come up with the name?”

I shake my head.

“No, Twilight did,” I reply. I watch Celestia’s smile grow slightly more. Dear goodness gravy do I love it when she smiles at me like that.

“It fits you perfectly,” Celestia says.

“Thanks,” I say with a smile. “So, what are you doing here?”

“It’s time to go,” she says. “The train will be arriving at the station in 30 minutes.”

This catches my attention. A train? I thought Twilight said that Ponyville isn’t too far, so why are we taking a train? I take my hooves off the bracket while turning my body around and getting back onto all four hooves. I turn to Twilight, then Celestia, before looking back to Twilight.

“A train?” I ask. “I thought Ponyville isn’t too far from here.”

“It’s not,” Twilight replies. “It’s how ponies get from one place to another since it’s faster.”

That makes sense, I guess. There has to be some way for ponies to go from one place to another. It would take way too much time if ponies had to walk to their destination. To be honest, I think taking the train will be a heck of a lot faster too.

I feel my stomach rumble, which is then quickly followed by a loud grumble. I look down at my stomach before turning my head to face Twilight and then turning it to face Celestia. I smile sheepishly as I feel my face grow hot.

“Hehe, sorry,” I say sheepishly, feeling slightly embarrassed by this turn of events. Celestia chuckles lightly before giving me a soft smile.

“Change of plans, lets get something to eat before you two head over to the station,” Celestia says. We both give Celestia a nod and we follow her out of the balcony.

‘I seriously hope that nothing goes seriously wrong while staying there,’ I think to myself as we exit the balcony.

Author's Note:

Here it is guys, the fourth chapter to our story!!

I'm sorry that this chapter took so long, but life was getting in the way, and this went through a ton of rewrites and all that junk. I hope that this chapter didn't feel rushed and if it does, I sincerely apologize for that.

Not only that, it seems that our hero has finally been given her titular name. That was something that was planned to happen since the very beginning. To top it off, it seems that Selina and Twilight are getting along, but the question is; will she be able to get along with the rest of Twilight's friends? We shall see in the next chapter!!

Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter, all criticism is appreciated, and I will see you guys in Chapter 5!!! :D

(Edit: Changed a few things and fixed a ton of errors. Hope this makes reading the chapter much easier. :) )

(Edit 2: Added new content and dialogue to make the chapter feel more complete. Hope you enjoy.)

(Edit 3: Gave it a different ending to have it connect with Chapter 5's new beginning, which is currently in the works.)