• Published 12th Apr 2021
  • 3,135 Views, 111 Comments

The Adventures of Selina Lunar - Mike728



An amnesic Nightmare Moon learns the magic of friendship while trying to regain her memories of her past.

  • ...
11
 111
 3,135

Chapter 7

I finally begin to calm down and stop crying. I begin taking slow, ragged deep breaths, feeling my body tremble a little bit in the process. I hiccup violently, which causes my entire body to tremor. With each breath I take, I let out a violent hiccup, making my body tremor violently every time. As I continue taking deep breaths, I feel as though something has been lifted off of me.

The best way I can describe it is like something being lifted off of me, like a weight or burden I never even knew I had. I feel lighter and full of much more positive energy. As this feeling flows through me, I feel a strong feeling of happiness flow throughout my entire body. I guess talking to her about this is what I needed and honestly, I’m very glad that I went through with telling her.

Twilight unwraps and removes her forelegs from me, I do the same, and looks me in the eyes.

“Feeling better?” she asks softly. I wipe away the tears from my eyes and face and sniffle.

“A little bit, yes,” I reply weakly before letting out yet another violent hiccup. “Thanks for the hug, Twilight. And thank you so much for listening. It helped a lot.”

“You’re welcome, Selina,” Twilight replies. “I’m so sorry about your father and what he did.”

Her mentioning about my father fills me with both anger and grief. I feel absolutely no love for that punk. He killed me in cold blood and is probably feeling good about himself. I wouldn’t be surprised if he is throwing some kind of celebration about the whole thing too. He is known to throw parties about my ‘failures’ and obviously, I never participate for those events. It was all just a mockery, nothing more.

I let out a sigh and look Twilight in the eyes.

“You don’t have to apologize for what he did to me, Twilight,” I say. “He did it out of his own free will. I don’t care what happens to him now. He may have been my father, but I hold no love for that disgusting creature, especially for what he did to me.”

Twilight looks at me with shocked eyes. To be honest, I am quite shocked with myself for what I said, but I don’t show it. Never thought in a million did I ever think those words would ever come flying out of my mouth. At the same time, I am glad. To say that I did hold some love for my father would’ve been the biggest lie I ever told in my life. I absolutely have no love for that monster and I never will for as long as I live now.

At the same time, it felt right to say that out loud. No father should ever point a gun at their own child, say that getting rid of them will be like lifting a burden off of them, and then put a bullet in their head. Anypony that ever does that doesn’t deserve to be a father and to be left rotten in a cell to never see the light of the day again.

‘I hope he’s rotting in a jail cell right now,’ I think to myself in a very aggressive manner. ‘It will teach him a lesson.’

I feel my stomach rumble, which is then followed by a loud grumbling sound. Twilight lets out a soft chuckle and I can’t help but feel embarrassed.

“Looks like somepony is hungry,” she says jokingly.

“I guess so,” I say sheepishly. “To be quite honest, I didn’t eaten anything at all yesterday and I never got the chance to eat the pancake Celestia made before Luna came in and…” I hesitate. “Well, you know.”

Twilight nods her head, clearly remembering that day. There is no way that I will tell her that I thought about kicking her in the mouth when she had refused to let go of my tail. I was acting immature that day, but I refuse to tell her just how immature I was.

To be honest, I never thought of myself as an aggressive pony. I mean, yeah I can get angry, but I never imagined myself getting mad to the point that I would result to violence if things didn’t go my way. It didn’t sound right and it honestly makes me want to feel sick to my stomach for ever wanting to go that far.

“So, do you have anything in mind on what you want for breakfast?” Twilight asks, snapping me out of my thoughts.

“I can’t think of anything,” I reply, my face slowly becoming hot. Twilight chuckles before placing her right hoof on my own.
My face becomes intensely hot when I notice this. Her hoof feels soft and smooth and I can feel the warmth generating from it. I looks to see Twilight looking at me with a warm smile and small blush on her face. She has no idea how cute she looks with that blush on her face right now.

“Follow me to the kitchen. I will make us something there. You can help me make it too if you like,” Twilight suggests.

I nod, liking the idea of being around Twilight. Maybe by spending a little bit of time around Twilight, it might help me forget about the memories I’ve recovered. Honestly, even thinking about the things that they put me through is only going to serve putting me in a very bad mood. That is something I don’t want to happen or deal with at all.

Twilight hops off of the bed and I remove the blanket off my body. We make our way out of the bedroom and head towards the kitchen. I can feel something beginning to form between us and honestly, I love it already.



I open the very bottom cabinet looking for some ingredients while Twilight is at the stove at the far center wall of the kitchen cooking breakfast. The overwhelming smell of breakfast being cooked is making me hungrier than I was previously back at the bedroom. I feel the strong urge to chow down all of the contents in the cabinet, but I hold it back.

I turn my attention away from the cabinet and turn it to Twilight. The kitchen isn’t very huge, but it is decent enough. There is a large wooden rectangular table in the dead center of the room with a strangely shaped chandelier with four pans in different shapes and sizes hanging on the left and right side of it hanging above the table. To my left is a round-topped wooden door with a golden doorknob. To the right of the door are 3 furnaces and a stove with the center one being the one Twilight is currently using. At the far right end of the room are shelves that is littered with pots and pans in a variety of shapes and sizes. The last thing about the kitchen is that the walls held different variety of beautiful stones that reflected beautiful colors. In all honesty, the design of the kitchen makes up greatly for its size.

“Hey, Twilight?” I call out and turn my head to face her, giving the purple pony a smile. Twilight looks away from the stove and looks in my direction, giving me a warm soft smile in the process. “Thanks for letting me help you with breakfast. It means a lot to me.”

“You’re welcome, Selina,” Twilight says with that smile still plastered on her face. “It’s the least I can do.”

“And that thought alone helps and counts,” I say, my smile growing slightly on my face. “Is there anything need while I am looking?”

Twilight thinks it over for a moment as the spatula flips over a pancake onto its other side. We decided to have some pancakes since I haven’t been able to eat any of Celestia’s yesterday. I didn’t tell her the full reason why I wasn’t able to eat the pancakes before Luna entered the dining hall, but I did tell her that I was unable to find a way to eat all of those yummy looking pancakes.

“Can you check to see if the salt and pepper shakers are in there?” Twilight asks. My smile grows slightly.

“Sure.”

I begin rummaging through the contents of the cabinet with my right hoof for the salt and pepper shakers that Twilight requested. Suddenly, my right hoof comes into contact with something hard and smooth. I grab hold of this mysterious object and bring my hoof out to see what it is. Clutched in my hoof is a small red stone that is in the shape of a heart and it appears to be sparkling. I quickly notice that there is a small note attached to the stone. I read the following;


Don’t touch or eat!! Thank you.

- Spike


I can’t help but let out a soft chuckle at the contents of the note. After it passes, I read the name ‘Spike’ once again and suddenly remember what Twilight had told me back at Canterlot Castle. According to Twilight, Spike is a baby dragon that lives here in this castle with her, along with somepony else named Starlight Glimmer.

All of the stories that Twilight told me about him fills my mind. He may be a baby dragon, but that doesn’t mean he can’t do anything heroic. You can be the size of an ant, the size of a two-story building, or even the size of a mountain. It doesn’t matter how big or small you are. You can do just about anything.

The one story that I remember Twilight told me about Spike is how he saved this kingdom called the Crystal Empire from the evil King Sombra. It was this act alone that got him recognized as a hero, even having his own statue made by the ponies of the kingdom themselves. I can only imagine the amount mares that might have the feels for him and honestly, I can’t blame them for that.

I read the note once again and notice something that strikes me as… very odd. Why would Spike write a note that said to not only touch, but also to not ‘eat’? Did this Spike dragon eat stones like the one that I am currently holding in my hoof right now? Do dragons eat stones like this?

I straighten my posture and eye the stone for a bit. If dragons do indeed eat stones like this, why is that? What would they even taste like to dragons anyway? Curiosity fills my being and I can’t help but wonder what that would be like.

‘I wonder what they taste like,’ I think to myself. I go wide-eye as an idea pops into my head.

I smirk at the humor of the idea. I’m sure Spike won’t mind me having a little lick at his treat. I open my mouth and stick my tongue out, letting the tip of it make contact with the surface of the stone.

All the humor that came with the idea comes falling down when a disgusting and burning taste strikes my tastebuds. I go wide-eye, place my tongue back into my mouth. I cover my mouth with my left hoof and I feel my cheeks puff up. And then…



“BUEARGH!!”



*THE SOUND ECHOES THROUGHOUT ALL OF EQUESTRIA*


*CANTERLOT CASTLE THRONE ROOM*


“Luna, did you hear something?”

“Have no idea what you’re talking about.”


*CANTERLOT*


“What in Celestia’s name is that?

“I have no idea, my dear Fleur.”


*SWEET APPLE ACRES*


“What in tarnation was that? Big Mac, did you hear that?”

“Eeyup.”


*CMC CLUBHOUSE*


“Girls, did ya’ll hear that?”

“Yep.”


*MANEHATTEN*


“How dare you pretend to gag at my meal!! I thought you liked me!!

“Wait? What?”

*SMACK*


*DRAGON LANDS*


“Did you guys hear that?”

“I felt that.”


*AT THE CANTERLOT CASTLE LOOKALIKE THRONE ROOM*


“What in Faust’s name was that?!?!”

“I… have no idea, Your Majesty…”




“That’s it, let it all out,” Twilight says softly as I feel my cheeks puff up. I instinctively throw my head into the toilet bowl, vomiting violently into the toilet water.

I weakly lift my head out from the toilet and look to Twilight, who is sitting to my left and patting my back softly with her right hoof. Tears are welling up in my eyes and I groan in agony as the pain in my stomach spikes by 10fold. The worst of it all happens to be my tongue, which feels like it’s on fire. I never thought in a million years that a stone like that could be so hot and spicy at the same time. To me, it’s like I’d just licked the hottest pepper in the world.

The bathroom is about the same size as the one from Canterlot Castle with your standard sink, toilet with a towel rack standing over it, and tub. The walls are made of the same bluish-purple stones that seem to reflect some kind of invisible light. I ran into this bathroom after pulling that stunt a few moments ago.

I look Twilight dead in the eyes while breathing heavily.

“I’m… never… doing… that… again…” I say in between breaths before vomiting into the toilet once again, feeling Twilight patting my back softly again. My ears pick up the sound of something patting hard on the floor.

I weakly turn my head to the doorway just in time to see some kind of very strange creature standing there. It looks like some kind of strange lizard with purple scales, a pair of wings and green scales on the top of its head, as well as some going down its back.

We stare at each other completely still like statues. I know that the thing is seeing me in my real form, but right now, I don’t care. I am in way too much pain to even care anyway. I won’t even care if it runs down the hallway screaming at the top of its lungs, like the maids back at Canterlot Castle. I watch and wait for the lizard to give me a look of fear, scream, and run down the hall.

“Geez, you don’t look so very good,” the lizard says simply. I go wide-eye and stare at it with surprise.

The lizard is showing no signs of fear and isn’t doing any of the things I thought it would do. I am not sure if I should take this as a good thing or a terrible thing for it not to be showing any fear towards me. I lift my head up from the toilet bowl and blink a few times at it.

“Are you not going to run down the hallway screaming at the top of your lungs out of fear?” I ask uncertainly. The lizard gives me a funny look and tilts its head to its left.

“What makes you say that?” it asks curiously. I shrug.

“Oh, I don’t know,” I reply sarcastically. “Every pony did back at Canterlot Castle. Every time the maids saw me, they would scream at the top of their lungs and run down the hallways. And as for the guards, I’m pretty sure that I even saw some of them wet themselves.”

The lizard’s eyes go wide and it’s body goes stiff. I have no idea what it is thinking right now or how it is processing what I said. I believe the lizard is debating on whether it should laugh or pretend that I never said anything like that. If I was the lizard, I would go for the latter.

“Well, I was scared when I saw you being carried by Twilight yesterday,” the lizard begins to say, “but after Twilight placed you in bed and told me what’s been happening, I see no reason to be afraid of you.”

I stare at the lizard with wide-eyes as I take in what it said. So Twilight must’ve told the lizard the situation, which means that it knows that I have amnesia. Well, to a certain degree. I have some of my memories, though there are still some things that I can’t remember.

Something clicks in my head as I suddenly realize I don’t even know the lizard’s name. Plus, I can’t keep referring it to as just ‘the lizard’ all the time. It will get old and annoying pretty quickly.

“What is your name and what are you supposed to be?” I ask.

“The name’s Spike,” it replies. “I’m a dragon.”

“Spike is a baby dragon who happens to be my number one assistant,” the voice of Twilight echoes within my head. My eyes go wide as recognition hits me like a ton of bricks.

‘This is the Spike dragon that Twilight was telling me about back in the train,’ I think to myself. I give Spike a small smile before I speak. “It’s nice to meet you, Spike. My name is-”

“I know your name,” he says. “It’s Selina Lunar.”

I stare at him with shock. How does he know my name? Did Twilight tell him my name while I was out cold yesterday? Did he figure it out on his own? So many scenarios, so many different outcomes.

“How do you know my name?” I ask.

“Twilight told me your name after she tucked you in bed yesterday,” Spike replies.

“I guess that makes sense,” I say. “Twilight has told me a little bit about you as well.”

Spike gives me a curious look. “Like what?”

“Like that time you’ve saved the Crystal Empire,” I reply. I saw a smirk spread across his face, remembering that Twilight told me Spike takes pride about that moment. Twilight also told me that Spike thought of himself as a knight in shiny armor whenever it came to Rarity, a pony who he has a huge crush on.

“I remember that, though I didn’t do it,” Spike says. I nod my head, knowing that to be true. On events like that, it usually takes more than one hero to save an entire kingdom.

“Yeah, I know,” I say. “Twilight told me everything.”

The smirk on his face turns into a smile. The smile remains plastered on his face for a brief moment before a frown takes its place.

“Sorry to speak off topic, but I do want to ask you something,” he says.

“Sure, what is it?” I ask.

“Did you eat something bad?” he asks. “Your face looks a little green.”

I suddenly think back to what I did just minutes prior with the red stone. I also remember the note that was attached to the red stone as well, a note that Spike wrote that said to not touch or eat. I didn’t listen or heed the note. Instead, I licked it and that action alone led me to where I am right now. I want to tell him that I did eat something bad, but what any good does lying do when he finds out the truth later? If anything, lying would get me into trouble and getting or causing trouble is the last thing I want to do right now.

Plus, he would see that the gem isn’t in the place where it was last placed. After I licked it, I dropped it onto the ground as I ran out of the kitchen to the nearest bathroom, which is the one that I’m in right now. He obviously will ask why it’s on the floor to begin with as it will be evidence to him that somepony had touched it and was messing with it.

With that, I know what I have to do. I take a deep breath and look Spike in the eyes.

“Well, I didn’t eat something bad, rather I did something very stupid,” I say, feeling my face growing hot.

“What did you do?” he asks. “Whatever it is, it can’t have been too stupid or anything.”

I really wish he didn’t say that. Because in all honesty, it was a pretty stupid thing; perhaps the most stupidest thing I have ever done. His note did ask to not touch or eat it and yet, I did the opposite because I thought it would be a great idea to lick it. In a sense, I kind of deserved it for trying to be silly and this is my punishment for trying it.

“It’s actually pretty stupid,” I say.

“I’m listening,” he says. I take a deep breath to calm my nerves. I have no idea how he is going to react to this. I will never know if I don’t tell him the truth.

“I was looking for the salt and pepper shakers since Twilight needed them for the breakfast she was cooking when I found a heart-shaped red stone in one of the cabinets,” I begin to explain. “There was a note on it that said to not touch or eat it, a note that you apparently wrote. I became curious as to why you would leave such a note, thinking that maybe you eat these kind of stones.

“I suddenly thought about what it would taste like. The note didn’t say anything about not having a lick at it so,… I placed the tip of my tongue on the stone and well, since you saw me puking out the contents of my stomach into the toilet, you can probably guess what happened next.”

I stop and wait for his response. Spike gives me a blank expression, looking like he is going into deep thought. The thought of him becoming angry with me having a lick at his stone runs through my mind. I frown a little bit at the thought. I meet him for the first time so the last thing I want is for him to get angry at me for pulling something like that off.

“Heart-shaped stone?” he asks. “Are you talking about my Fire Ruby?”

The name of the stone catches my attention. Fire Ruby? Is that what that red stone is called? The name doesn’t sound familiar. I fully lift my head from the toilet bowl, all traces of sickness completely gone.

“What’s a Fire Ruby?” I ask.

“It’s a red heart-shaped gem that happens to be a dragon’s favorite gem to eat,” Spike replies. Wait, it’s a gem and not a stone? That’s interesting. Something clicks in my head as I piece together something he said.

“Are you saying that dragons eat gems?” I ask curiously.

“Yep, it’s a food source to dragons,” he says with a smile, however it dies quickly from his face. “Although, I don’t know how you were affected by the taste from the Fire Ruby since gems wouldn’t taste like anything to ponies in general.”

I look at him with wide eyes as I take in what he said. Gems aren’t supposed to taste like anything to normal ponies, so how was I able to do it? Did I have a stronger sense of taste to where I can taste things that other can’t? This all sounds so crazy and so bizarre.

I mean, yeah I’m pretty sure that there are ponies who might have better senses, but not to the extent to where they can taste the flavor of gems or anything of the sort. Better hearing? That’s possible. Better eyesight? That is possible too. But ability to taste anything like stone? That alone isn’t possible. I believe that’s something only dragons can possess, not a normal pony and I am not normal by any means.

“I don’t know either,” I say with honesty. “I honestly wish I do have the answer to that question.”

“Looks like somepony is feeling better,” Twilight says. I turn away from Spike and face Twilight. In all honesty, I do feel a lot better than I did just seconds ago.

“Yeah, I am feeling a lot better,” I say.

“Well, let’s get you cleaned up,” she says. She closes her eyes and lights up her horn.

I see my entire body engulfed in this strange aura, one that matches the one surrounding her horn. I feel the residue on my face vanish completely and my fur become smooth and clean. I don’t know why, but I don’t like the fact that I am having Twilight clean my face like a baby. I mean, yeah I’m aware that she’s only trying to help, but I feel like a little pony having his face being cleaned by his mother.

The thought of my mother almost makes me want to burst into tears, but I resist the impulsiveness to do so. All of that is in the past and I refuse to have the past affect me in any way. Even going as far as to linger in it isn’t the best idea, nor is it the best for my health. While I did have both a mother and a father when I was a human, I don’t have one right now. I have no family, which suits me fine.

‘Right now, I have zero intention of being part of a family right now,’ I think to myself. ‘I want to save myself the pain before trying again to be part of a family, maybe one that will accept me for who and what I am, not see me as a monster. That will be great.’

Just as quickly as it starts, it vanishes completely. Twilight opens her eyes and gives me a warm smile.

“There, all better,” she says. I get back on all four hooves and walk over to the mirror that is hanging above the sink. I look good as new.

“What did you do?” I ask with shock.

“I used my magic to help clean you up,” she replies. I look away from the mirror and give her a curious look.

“Is that what the horn is for?” I ask curiously. Twilight gives me a curious look before remembrance forms on her face and silently mouths ‘Oh’.

“That’s right,” says Twilight. “Unicorns and Alicorns use their horns to perform magic. Since you have a horn as well, you can perform magic and cast spells too.”

So, that’s what they have been using and it’s called. Magic. That explains so many things; how both Twilight and Celestia were able to levitate their forks to eat their pancakes. That also explains how Celestia was able to make those chains and shackles around my fore and hindlegs completely vanish out of thin air. They have been using magic.

Then I remember something; I don’t know how to use magic. For some reason, this revelation makes me feel very silly and kinda really stupid. It’s like something within me is telling me that I should know how to use magic, but in my defense, I’ve never used magic before and since I was human back then, magic never really existed so that helps explain why I can’t do it in the first place.

I look Twilight in the eyes and give her a sheepish look and rubbing my right hoof on left foreleg.

“Um, Twilight? I don’t know how to use my magic,” I confess sheepishly.

“Well, if you want, I can teach you,” Twilight says with a soft smile. I feel a burst of happiness and excitement flow within me.

“Really? You can teach me?” I ask excitedly.

“Yep,” she says with a nod. I feel a big smile spread across my face.

I wrap both of my forelegs around Twilight and give her a big hug. I don’t know why, but the idea of Twilight teaching me on how to use my magic makes me so happy and excited. To top it off, I feel that same strange warmth form in my chest, along with a very strange feeling grow in my heart along with it.

“Thank you so much, Twilight,” I say. “This is going to be wonderful. How can I ever repay you?”

“How… about… not… trying to… break me… in half?” Twilight replies in between each gasping breath.

“Deal,” I say and release her from the hug, causing her to fall onto the ground, letting out a grunt in the process.

Author's Note:

After almost a month of waiting, the seventh chapter is now complete and ready to be read!! :D

I had many ideas for how the chapter was going to end, but I decided to go with the current ending. The ending shows Selina's insecure side as a result from the trauma she went through in her past life. This won't be the last time her insecurities, or the haunting voice of her former father, will come to haunt her.

Hope you enjoy this chapter and I will see you guys next time in Chapter Eight!! :)

(Edit: Brand new ending!! Hope you like this ending better. :) )

(Edit 2: Changed the chapter a bit and added new content. The chapter is now complete.)