• Published 25th Jul 2021
  • 359 Views, 21 Comments

Student Jehsa Kor Ann - Gallants



After returning to Canterlot Sasha expected to stay and live her life, but Mallory Rose dashed those hopes.

  • ...
 21
 359

Her Boon

Two weeks after Cadence left a new power flowed through me, mixing and meshing with the force, I'd never felt stronger than I did in this moment, "My champion," I heard Ankh say, "This force is far stronger than I had assumed, and meshes well with my divine energy," she told me, "With more study of it, I may be able to use you as a conduit," she proudly stated, "however I have tried through a particularly power unicorn and through one of the first alicorns," she mumbled, "Neverless, I will only attempt if I am sure it is safe and with your blessing my champion." she told me.

"Thanks for your consideration, I guess," I said lowering myself and my property to the floor before opening my eyes, "What happened to your other potential conduits?" I asked, standing up, not entirely sure I wanted to know the answer.

"The alicorn exploded, and the unicorn went insane," she said as I stared in uncomforted silence, "Strange it was the unicorn that went insane you'd think they would explode when the ultimate power of a goddess is pushed through them," she stated staring off into space, "Anyways; my champion, have you made progress in finding this Sith menace?" she questioned me stepping closer.

"No, I've been blocked by the crown while Princess Cadence discusses a special forces unit, slash, task force with the joint chiefs," I informed her, "The military and police units are too regimented for me and I need to have more freedom," Ankh nodded, "I expect to hear from her soon however." I told her pushing my chair back under my desk and arranging my collectibles back into their spots.

"Then this gives you time to practice to with my newest gift to you, the magic of a goddess," she announced stamping her hoof into the floor, leaving a black mark on my rug, "greatly diminished, but the magic and power is there, no need for a focus either, benefits of god hood~" she told me flaring her wings, "Now try to raise a shield, you need only imagine the thing infront of you to do so." she commanded.

Rolling my eyes I raised my left hand and imagined a shield infront of me, shocked when I saw a golden glow radiate from my hand, dropping my hand it quickly dissipated, a frown crossed Ankhs muzzle, "the shield should have maintained itself," she said, "again," she commanded.

I raised me hand and performed the spell once more admiring the golden glow and the blanketing warmth it gave off, "Okay, so do I need to keep thinking about the shield?" I asked lowering my hand, the shield following the movement.

"Strange," the goddess mused, "perhaps it is how my power meshes with your force?" she pondered as I dissipated the shield, "I believe in terms of general spells they will go through your hands," she told me, "and now I will give you the rest of your gift, since your body is acclimated." she announced on pressing her horn against my forehead.

I woke up, my throat was dry, my head throbbed, and my robes clung to me with sweat. Struggling to my feet I made my way to the door and stairs, stumbling on the first two steps, I soon lost my balance and tumbled down the rest of the flight.

Groaning I dragged myself to the kitchen, hearing a muffled noise, thumps vibrating through the floor; I opened the fridges door my hearing slowly coming back, "Sasha, sweetheart are you okay?" I heard mom calling our, "let me help you." she said, grabbing the workout drink, my eyes struggling to stay open as the orange flavor hit my tongue.

I sputtered and coughed as I sucked down the sweet liquid, "wh-what time, is it?" I groaned blinking away the liquid covering my eyes before rubbing at them, "mom, what's wrong?" I asked her, sitting up, as she looked at me worriedly.

"Your eyes, what happened to them?" she asked causing me to jump to my feet and run to the bathroom, "Sasha," mom called out as I looked in the mirror, focused on the gold taking up a quarter of each of my aqua eyes, "Are you okay?" she asked me.

"Yeah, I think so, just magical now I guess," I said placing my hand on the mirror, I took in a sharp breath noticing I could barely see magic wisping around me, "This is weird." I said leaning back and focusing on anything but the wisps of magic. Slowly they dissipated.

"What's weird sweetheart?" mom asked stepping next to me and wrapping her wing around me.

"I can see magic now, it's disorienting to say the least," I told her, quietly I imagined flames flowing from my hands, "Neat." I stated looking down at the flames licking around my hands.

"Sasha, how are you doing that?" she asked taking a step back in awe, "did you find some artifact or something?" she questioned me.

"No, I was made a champion," my voice filled with confidence, "and the power is flowing through me, mixing with the force," I smiled as I chuckled raising my hands and looking them over, with practice I'd be unstoppable, "That Sith doesn't stand a chance." I spit out before laughing loudly, the towels on the rack and the mirror shaking through the power that bled from me.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment