• Published 25th Jul 2021
  • 357 Views, 21 Comments

Student Jehsa Kor Ann - Gallants



After returning to Canterlot Sasha expected to stay and live her life, but Mallory Rose dashed those hopes.

  • ...
 21
 357

A Lesson in Emotion

"Cousin, why are you at our chambers?" Luna asked me with a hint of worry in her voice.

"I require, training," I told her before specifying, "In oneiromancy... specifically," she raised her eyebrow, "I know I won't reach your level, I don't have the desire to either, I just want to be able to shield my mind from intrusion," my voice wavered as I informed her of my intentions.


It had been a week since she started training me, it was difficult. "T-THAT'S PRIVATE!" I yelled as I pulled away from Luna's horn. Her horn ignited to stabilize the orbit of the moon, I hadn't even realized how long I'd been there.

"And it won't stay private unless you resist," Luna said leaning forward, "we are attempting to short track your ability to shield your mind from Mallory's intrusions, he is trained enough to invade without a physical connection, and we are much more powerful," she explained forcing her horn to my forehead and plunging into my memories once more.

"Sasha, you can always leave the Jedi order and run away with me," The Cathar girl begged me with tears in her eyes. I fought my own tears back.

"I-I can't, I need you to not be near me, I'm not allowed to have these feelings, they're dangerous," I told her, I didn't like the feeling of regret running through me.

"Cousin we are sorry for intruding like this," Luna said taking place next to me, "Do you understand why you must learn to resist us, Mallory will use these memories against you," She said placing a wing around my shoulder and pulling us out of the dream, "But tell us of this girl,"

"Her name was Calyha Smoothclaw, she was an orphan," I informed Luna, "I met her when I was ten and doing a mission with my master, I was smitten with her I had never felt things like I did around her," I wiped the tears from my eyes "And a few months before the clones turned on the Jedi she caught me while I was getting rations for the temple and she told me about this ship that we could use to travel the stars together,"

Luna hummed and she passed me a cup of tea, "We see cousin and why did you not join her?" She asked.

"Because I'm a Jedi, we can't just up and leave the temple whenever we feel like, so she begged me to leave the order and run with her," I said sinking into a bean bag chair that was beside me, "But the feelings I had I wasn't allowed to feel the Jedi looked down on them and for good reason passion and love are paths to the Darkside," I admitted with a sigh. "That's the reason I tried to stay so distant and professional here, I wanted to keep on the path of the Jedi," I told her wiping the tears from my eyes and cheeks.

"We see it must have been lonely for you," She told me laying down, "have you felt the pull of this 'Darkside while you've been here?" Luna asked lifting my chin with a hoof.

"I felt the pull twice," I told her, "The first time I abused the force was to trip a bully at school, after that day though I have been calmer, happier maybe? The longer I have been here, the desire to use the dark side seems to fade, but when I was arrested in Prance I wanted to use the force and break my way out," I explained looking at Luna she gave me a small smile before jamming her horn against my head forcing me to see black.

"Use the passion you felt for Calyha and the desire you felt in Prance, oneiromancy is fueled by your emotion, it is why this is the most dangerous magic, it is how we fell to the 'Darkside'," Luna's voice echoed around me.

I woke up to the rays of the early morning crossing my eyes, "Y-you, did, good," I heard Luna manage between coughs, "really drained us, cousin," she took a deep breath and gave a short exhale before sucking in air once more, "Almost wasn't able to lower the moon,"

"Sorry about that, I can't even remember what happened," I said with a yawn and attempted to stretch, noticing I had been placed and tucked into Luna's bed.

"We did not want your back to be hurting when you awoke," She said, "perhaps you would like to join us for breakfast with our sister?" She asked helping me out of her bed.

"That would be nice," I said finally stretching before following Luna out, grabbing my dagger before leaving.

"Sasha you are doing well in your lessons, you should be able to resist Mallory now, if you wish to end your lessons now we wouldn't be opposed, however, we have enjoyed spending time with you cousin, we certainly wouldn't deny you the chance to continue your studies," She told me as we made our way to the dining room where Princess Celestia waiting with my Mom, a relieved look crossing her features,

"There you are, Sasha, I was worried when you didn't come home, but I trusted you to be safe, after all, you are a grown woman," Mom told me wrapping a leathery wing around me and giving my forehead a kiss.

"Forgive us, Sergeant, we pushed young Sasha a bit hard during our lesson last night, she stayed with us, but you will be delighted to hear that she is a wonderfully talented learner, under this fast track we would expect a student to become capable of active resistance in a month, she has gained the ability to nearly exhaust our mana within a week," Luna said with a large smile before looking directly at me, "Of course we are still weakened by the elements of harmony, it may be a few months, but you will need to resist our attempts with more aggression," She said before addressing Princess Celestia, "Celly your wing is doing that thing it does when you have something to say, spit it out," She stated exaggerating a twitch with her left-wing.

Princess Celestia sighed, "My wing does no such thing but yes I do have something to say, Sasha, it's about how you arrived here," Her voice was hurt yet relieved, "We do not need to worry about Anakin Skywalker finding us, but you will never be able to return to your home planet, or to the stars," She told me, "Using the latent magic buildup from the crash we can tell you came from somewhere... far, far, away," She said, "We were also unable to repair or learn much from your vessel, we were able to recover a safe from the wreckage that is only scorched, I can not speak to the condition of its contents, however," I smiled at her words, as the waiter approached the table.

"That is fine princess my family and home is here, but it will be nice to have something of my masters," Celestia nodded and smiled at my statement, before making her order, the waiter made his way to me but I was unable to answer.

"We will have a fish dish," Luna said motioning between herself and I causing the waiter to pause, "We need something with more sustenance than a salad after last nights lesson," She explained, the waiter jotted her order down for us and went back to the kitchen. "You know Celly also has this twitch whenever she's embarrassed her wings shoot out and her face becomes bright pink, just watch," She whispered, "You know when Celly and I were fillies she once flew through a tree and was covered in sap, we found out when she ran through the castle screaming being chased by bees, Mom called her the Hive Princess for months, much to her chagrin," Luna announced fairly loudly, and true to her word Celestia's face shifted colors and her wings shot out.

"That never happened!" She yelled out her voice higher than normal, "I-i mean I would never do something so ridiculous, I was an excellent flyer when I was younger," She stammered out regaining her composure giving a side look to Luna and me giggling.

"Sister you were a particularly poor flyer as a foal you could barely take off let alone not land without injuring yourself," Luna stated taking a drink of water, "But let us tell no more stories from our foal hood, lest our sister attempts to dredge up memories to use against her dear younger sister," She said before patiently waiting for her food to be delivered.


The rest of breakfast was spent with idle talk with the slow reintegration of Luna into the political system before it turned into where my mom decided to have guards stationed. When we had finished eating and my mom was dismissed with Luna excusing herself shortly after to read up on modern Equestria, Celestia invited me to walk with her. She led me to her personal quarters, "This is the safe we found we have not found a way to open it, perhaps you know?" She asked as she pulling a tarp off a large armory locker, I could feel the force-activated lock, it was similar to a Holocron.

"I think I can open this, it's locked similarly to how Holocrons are," I told her, reaching out and allowing peace and serenity to fill me, "It's fighting me," I said realizing the lock wasn't like a Jedi Holocron, "It's a Sith lock, why did my master have a Sith device in his ship?" I questioned out loud, "Princess you will want to step back for this, I need to think as a Sith would," I placed my hand against the surface of the locker, I thought back to Anakin and what I thought would happen if he arrived in Equestria.

The release of the pressure locks pulled me out of my thoughts, "Sasha, are you okay? You're shaking," Celestia asked stepping closer to me.

"I'm fine," I spit out, "Let's just see what's in here," I stated after seeing Celestia step back. I quickly noticed a full set of polished armor, a long blaster, and another set of damaged armor. Looking more thoroughly I saw a small notebook and the shaft of a lightsaber along with the necessary components to finish crafting it except for a kyber crystal. Opening the notebook I quickly skimmed through unable to read the runes, towards the end of the book I found an interesting entry of loose pages, on the making of Sith kyber crystals.