• Published 25th Jul 2021
  • 359 Views, 21 Comments

Student Jehsa Kor Ann - Gallants



After returning to Canterlot Sasha expected to stay and live her life, but Mallory Rose dashed those hopes.

  • ...
 21
 359

Not a hero

"Oh, hey Sasha." Spike said walking in carrying a box and a few bags, seemed like he was struggling, "When did you get here?"

"This morning, let me help you, Spike," I told him grabbing the box and placing it down where he told me, "and before you ask, I'm staying over for a few days before the nurse tells me I'm good to head back up to Canterlot," I said, "also, could I borrow your dragon-fire to send a letter to my mom?" I sheepishly asked.

Spike stretched his arms, "No problem, toss it over," he told me, handing him my letter he took a breath and spit out his green fire consuming my letter, "So, how's the superhero life." I rolled my eyes groaning.

"I'm not a hero, just a Jedi, what we do is-" I choked a bit, "-was normal, where I'm from," I told him raising my dagger, "Feels weird not carrying a lightsaber," I sighed out switching my grip before sheathing, "A dagger just isn't a weapon fit for a Jedi, I need to make a new saber," a single tear ran down my cheek before I quickly wiped it away, "especially since I'm a Jedi Knight now." letting out a deep breath, "As soon as I get home, I'm putting up my dagger, permanently," I stated scowling.

Spike gave me a disheartened look, before nodding and heading up to the stairs, "I'm going to go read some comics," he sighed out, I gave him a nod as I heard glass shatter from the kitchen jumping to my feet I started to run before hearing Twilight.

"Rainbow Dash, what are you doing!?" she yelled out.

"Hey Twilight, I was wondering if you wanted to meet the rest of the girls for lunch, we're going to the Ponyville café." 'Rainbow' said cutting through the very heavy breathing coming from Twilight.

"Sure," she huffed, "but I get to bring Sasha with me," I rolled my eyes stepping around the corner looking at the strewn pieces of shattered glass, using the force to move it into a pile, "Come on Sasha, let's go get free lunch," she huffed out as the other mare shot out of the broken window.

Heading towards the door I saw Spike coming downstairs with an irritated look on his face, "don't worry I'll clean it up after lunch," I called out to him getting a grateful smile in return before he went back upstairs. Twilight and I walked up to the table where her friends sat, I got a few wary looks from most of them except Rarity who looked ecstatic to talk to me. "Hello again, now I didn't get your names when we first met, so I'm Sasha recent Knight of The Jedi Order." I introduced myself, the ponies quickly introduced themselves.

"So Sasha about Fleur, I know she's a big star so how do you know her?" Rarity asked after she ordered her food.

"I was working with her since day one," I said, "Surprised you haven't read about me even with how the magazines wanted to keep me out of Fleur's image, but when she was attacked a few years ago, there was a lot of coverage about me, no interviews though," I said looking at the waiter as he turned to me, "I'll have the Croque Mademoiselle," I told him getting a nod as he left.

"I had heard about that, thought Sasha was a griffon, not a... Twi'lek was it?" she said, looking off to the side, "I mean scouting out a shoot location doesn't sound like something a security guard would do," she chuckled out.

"I'm her assistant, not security, but old habits die hard," I told her looking around the other tables, "I was trained to help where I could, and Fleur was safe inside with the security guards, so I felt I was better placed taking on the agitator," I explained, "I had a little burn from the event but it wasn't that bad, school was more stressful than anything, and then the trial didn't help me keep up with classes either," I sighed out.

The rest of lunch went by fairly quickly only getting questions about what the Jedi did and my armor from the week before Rainbow Dash seemed really interested, and even asked if I could train her. I quickly denied the request citing I was no teacher or a master. When we got back to Twilight's I swept up the glass and covered the broken window before talking to Twilight about getting some pieces made for my compressor, her fervor in looking over the blueprints was infectious.

"It's not the traditional method for lightsaber crafting but on a planet like this, I don't have a choice," I said sighing while giving her translations of the sith runes.

"Neat, so when a Jedi is in a less than preferable situation you guys adapt," she said, I lazily nodded in response, "So what language is this, I've seen your writing it's in Equish?" she questioned.

Biting my lip I hesitated before answering, "It's in sith, it's an ancient language, mostly used by the practitioners of the Darkside of the force," Twilight swallowed as I said that looking a little less wanting to learn about what we were making, "Don't worry what I'm making isn't dangerous it just compresses minerals, and with a little force, into a kyber crystal so I can make a new lightsaber," I explained renewing her interest, stretching as I yawned I looked out the window, "Wow it's late, we should get to bed-" a whine escaped the pony, "-so we can start fresh in the morning." I finished getting a reluctant nod from her.

The next few days we spent going over what I needed made and talked about payment, we settled on 1,500 bits. She was nice enough to see me off when I left giving a wave as I boarded the train back to Canterlot.