• Published 25th Jul 2021
  • 359 Views, 21 Comments

Student Jehsa Kor Ann - Gallants



After returning to Canterlot Sasha expected to stay and live her life, but Mallory Rose dashed those hopes.

  • ...
 21
 359

Snowblind

We stood on the side of mount Canterhorn near the tip, clad in armor and jackets, tight to protect us from the chill, "Steady your breathing Fleur," I instructed her as she held the blaster rifle in her aura, "Now aim at the chest of the target and smoothly squeeze the trigger."

"Why didn't it shoot?" she asked lowering the rifle and accidentally squeezing a bit harder sending a bolt into the ground a little bit in front of us.

"If you had waited, I would have told you there's a wall that you have squeeze past," I told her chuckling taking the blaster, and taking aim firing off three rounds directly into the center of the dummy, "Nice and calm, puts the clanker down," I quoted handing the rifle back to Fleur, "Thanks for the target mom!" I called out.


"No problem, ohhh nice shot Fleur." mom said bumping her shoulder.

"I didn't make that shot." Fleur dejectedly said, getting a smirk from mom as she slyly looked at me.

"You didn't execute that rock?" she teasingly asked pointing at the burn mark on the ground, getting a shove in return from Fleur.

"Sacré Bleu, I have the blaster, Sargeant," she laughed, taking aim at the dummy and missing, "By harmony, I can not get a handle on this," I smirked as well, before pointing at the rear grip.

"There's the handle," I said, she turned to me raising her hoof.

"Je vais te frapper, Sasha," she threatened with a laugh, "Seriously how do you shoot so well?" she asked looking taking another shot, the round flying left and low.

"Somehow you're jerking the trigger with magic," I observed, "smooth squeeze, don't pull, squeeze," I instructed, "steady breath, aim at the target and smoothly squeeze," I continued, she took a deep breath and fired hitting the target direct center, "There we go, a good enough hit to put down a clanker maybe even a clone." I cheered slapping her on her withers hearing a woot from mom.

"Au visage!" Fleur yelled tossing my blaster back, "Bet you couldn't do that after only a few hours of practice, wooh, oui!" she continued her celebration throwing her hat into the snow.

"Alright, alright," I said tossing the blaster back, and walking towards the dummy, "Now shoot me," I said unclipping my saber and igniting it as she looked at me with a credulous look. "Come on, I'll be fine," I told her, "I set the blaster to stun," I lied, she raised the blaster and fired at me, the red bolt flew at me and I deflected it to the ground, "See told you I'd be just fine, also I lied about the blaster being set to stun, it was still very much lethal." she marched over to me.

"J'aurais pu te tuer!" she yelled at me smacking me with her hoof, "I-I don't know what I would've done if I killed or hurt you," she said tears flowing from her eyes, "you had me shoot you with a blaster rifle that was deadly." her legs wrapped around me and I gently patted her withers.

"You wouldn't have injured me, Fleur," I reassured her, "I'm a Jedi, I've done that before with even more bolts coming at me," chuckling, "I am well trained, I wasn't in any real danger." I explained.

"You swear?" she asked.

"I swear, I trained for things way more dangerous than this," I told her, "how about we just go home? We've been up here for a few hours," I said before falling to my knees and puking up blood, "S-sith spit, not again." I grunted striking the ground and struggling to my feet as a headache rocked me.

"A-again!?" Fleur asked in a panic calling my mom over who looked at the red puddle in front, "T-this happened before?"

"YES!" I yelled, "I didn't mention because you would all be worried, I've seen a doctor for it, it's a gut problem," I told them, "That's what the doctor told me, I have a lingering non-communicable gut and vascular infection, that's causing me to occasionally puke blood and gives me headaches," I explained, "There is nothing we can do about it." I said getting to my feet.