• Published 25th Jul 2021
  • 359 Views, 21 Comments

Student Jehsa Kor Ann - Gallants



After returning to Canterlot Sasha expected to stay and live her life, but Mallory Rose dashed those hopes.

  • ...
 21
 359

Guests

"Your sickness is not of the body," a reverberating voice said next to me startling me awake, with a scream I grabbed my saber and ignited it, illuminating the insectoid form of Cavern, "it is of the mind," she told me.

"What are you doing here?" I asked smiling as my mom opened the door and turned on the lights.

"What is that?" she screamed as I turned off my saber and Cavern yelped, dropping to the floor quickly skittering under my bed, "Sasha get away from that monster!" she commanded me.

Putting my hand up, "Alright mom first rude, she's not a monster," I told her, "and two she's my friend, that I haven't seen since Stalliongrad," I said looking underneath my bed not seeing her, noticing a ballcap I grabbed it and threw it on my bed, "Come on Cavern change back." I said, getting a look from mom.

"Sasha, that's a hat where did that thing go?" she asked me looking under my bed, "seriously, I think I need to get the captain involved now." she complained rubbing her hoof against her forehead.

"Mom, that is Cavern," I told her pointing at the ballcap, "I don't own one of those," I continued, "Now Cavern shift back and introduce yourself to my mom," I commanded while leaning forward and whispering, "Can't you taste how happy I am to see you again?" I asked, "I'll feed you if you're polite~" I cooed out, hearing a hiss as the green flame covered the hat and Cavern was sitting on my bed causing my mom to fall over when she jumped between us.

"Hello Ms. I am Cavern Shift the changeling, I feed on emotions," she greeted raising her holed hoof up, "it is a pleasure to meet you." my mom carefully reached out and nearly jumped back when Cavern shook her hoof.

"I-I'm Sasha's mom, Cereus, " she shakily answered, "h-how did you meet Sasha?" she asked.

"I attempted to feed on a child and she chased me to my lair and refused to kill me, instead fed me," she said causing me to take a step back as mom glared at me over her shoulder, "then I led her Stalliongrad, sadly we were intercepted by a predator, Sasha was injured and I dragged her to a hospital." that seemed to change my moms' mood as she pulled her into a hug.

"You saved my baby girl!" she excitedly yelled out, "you are welcome in our house anytime do you need something to eat?" she asked leading out of my room as I followed behind.

"Some love would be nice, it has been a long time since I've tasted love, since my exile actually." she said smiling as mom sat her at the table.

"Exile, why were you exiled?" mom asked sympathetically, placing a hoof on hers.

"I questioned the queen on her decision to transfer me to excavation from royal guard, she exiled me, a day later another hive invaded and consumed the inhabitants except for the queen who escaped," Cavern said, "I believe, the new hive took residence there, sadly my brain was damaged by the queen when she attempted to consume me for mass," she further explained a horrified look on moms face, "I threw her off a cliff and she took me with her, but I survived the fall."

"By harmony, that's horrible." mom said leaning over and hugging the changeling.

"Horrible?" Cavern questioned, "Are invasion, genocide, and regicide not normal life?" she asked looking between me and mom, "also I like the taste of your sympathy." she complimented.

"Those things aren't normal, you sweet girl," mom said having not heard her talk about feeding, "Why did your queen want you to be an excavator instead of a guard?" mom asked her.

"Age mostly, our queen preferred her guards young and female, I'm not sure why," Cavern answered, "I suppose it is much like how your princess has her personal guard all fit and male," she continued, "I suppose I was the oldest guard, older than her usual transfers at 14." she said, mom and I shared a look as she pulled the changeling in closer to her.

"H-how long ago were you exiled?" mom asked as she stroked the changelings head.

"About two years ago," she said still feeding off of my mom before she let out a sigh, "Such a full meal, I thank you, Ms. Cereus," she states before dropping to the floor and curling up under the table.

"Full meal?" mom asked looking at the table and under me, "I didn't feed her." she said standing up.

"Mom, she eats emotions, all that compassion and sympathy you were pouring out she was eating," I told her, "Situational awareness mom, she told she liked the taste of your sympathy," I explained, "Anyways we'll let her sleep, I need to talk to her in the morning." walking back upstairs I laid on my bed and closed my eyes. Jumping again I drew my saber at the man standing at the edge of the desert cave I found myself in, lowering my saber I stared before noticing I was wearing my armor, the holographic gauges running through telling me how hot the area was.

"There are no Jedi here, my name is Ben," he told me, "How can I help Inquisitor?"

"Kenobi," I said deactivating my saber and clipping it to the side of my armor.