• Published 25th Jul 2021
  • 359 Views, 21 Comments

Student Jehsa Kor Ann - Gallants



After returning to Canterlot Sasha expected to stay and live her life, but Mallory Rose dashed those hopes.

  • ...
 21
 359

Bond

The next few months were spent working with Fleur, I even brought up Rarity to her, when I got the packages from Twilight I'll admit I was excited, having already gotten all the non-electric components from a few metallurgists in the area. I enlisted the help of my mom and Blueblood to build it in the basement.

Wiping my brow as we got the final piece secured, "Now when I make my crystal we just have to hope it's not unstable and kills us all," I said getting a worried look shared between the two ponies, "Oh geez, I'm kidding," I told them chuckling getting a relieved sigh out of them, "mostly," I muttered before standing up, "Well I'm off to the market to pick up the rest of what I need." I said running upstairs and out the front door.

When I got home it was already dinner time I took my seat and ate what mom had prepared, and definitely didn't catapult broccoli into Blueblood's mouth whenever he yawned. After dinner, mom and I said our goodbyes and I went back into the basement to forge my new crystal.

The minerals quickly melted together as the compressor heated them, focusing on my new family and friends pushing my love into the crystal as I meditated. I stayed down there for weeks making sure the crystal was flawless and as stable as could be. In the middle of the day, I focused for the final time, this would determine the crystal's final form, I reached out and opened myself fully to the force.

Anger, all I felt was anger, then I saw a flash of trees, blood, hearing screaming, and I saw her gaze at me; opening my eyes sweating as I panted and falling forward, my whole body ached and then it hit me, I puked emptying my stomach on the floor in front of me. Heaving I ran up the stairs to the bathroom collapsing to the floor unable to keep my eyes open due to the pain, I must have been there for a while because I heard mom coming home as I finished, looking in the toilet I saw red, frowning I flushed the toilet and quickly washed my mouth with water and mouth wash, "Hey mom, how was work?" I asked grabbing the mop bucket from the closet, she raised her eyebrow as I filled it, "Oh, I spilled some stuff in the basement, just going to clean it up." I told her.

"Oh, well work was good had a runner today at the throne, that was exciting." she said walking into the kitchen.

"Really cool I'll be back upstairs in a minute." I called out walking down the stairs and cleaning up my puke before staring into the compressor, I could feel the force flowing from the crystal. Opening the hatch and using the force to grip and lift the crystal I could feel the stability within its crimson outer layer and cyan core; with a hitched breath I placed it into my pocket and went upstairs dumping the bucket before running up to my room and grabbed the saber pieces. After cleaning up I quietly ate dinner while thumbing the hilt pieces wrapped on my lap.

"Why are you so quiet sweetheart?" mom asked, I looked up before looking back down, "Seriously tell me what's going on; did the compressor not work? Did we mess up when building it?" she asked with a worried look.

"N-no, I'm just not sure how I feel about putting it together," I explained, "I have the crystal and it feels surprisingly stable, I'm just worried if when I was having those mood swings, has messed up my ability to be a proper Jedi," I vented, "a-and I know Master Yoda said I was no longer a padawan and was a knight now, I'm still scared mom." I said tears pulling at my eyes.

She wrapped her wing around me, "Sasha dear, it will be fine, you are an amazing and strong mare, and an even better Jedi," she told me wiping my tears away, "Now how about I stay right by your side while you put it together?" she gently asked smiling I hugged her before putting the wrappings onto the table and unraveling them revealing the saber parts, placing the crystal between the hilt pieces I reached out and slowly crafted my blade.

"I'm done," I sighed out picking up my new saber and gently activating it, the blade glowed with a dark crimson, I took a deep breath as I gazed upon it, arcs of cyan running up the blade in erratic patterns.


Everfree Forest

Nightmare Moon gazed upon the slaughtered soldiers smiling as she finished stretching the flesh of the late Mallory Rose. Looking down at her new body grimacing at the imperfect stretches and the bared muscle, she cracked her neck and moved over to the corpses, quickly using them to heal her body.

Nightmare Moon rubbed her head as she struggled to bend their bodies to her will, feeling just how much of her magic she had lost, "That dirty alien, what filthy magic did she use to do this to me, I've lost almost everything!?" she screamed her wings flaring out as she crushed the head of a dead soldier under her hooves. A thought filled her mind, "That blade from Malak was quite interesting," she murmured glimpses on how the blade worked flashed into her mind, taking tearing the armor off the bodies and slinking deeper into the woods planning to craft a saber of her own.

A need for revenge fueling her, a need to have her magic back to full strength and not just stuck to struggle with drain, transmutation, and easy to cast short range levitation spells.

Author's Note:

Sasha's new saber hilt.