• Published 25th Jul 2021
  • 359 Views, 21 Comments

Student Jehsa Kor Ann - Gallants



After returning to Canterlot Sasha expected to stay and live her life, but Mallory Rose dashed those hopes.

  • ...
 21
 359

Champion

Cavern shifted into the form of a mare as mom led us outside, "So are you two just friends?" she asked, I gave her a nod, I heard her mumble something, but couldn't catch it.

"What was that mom?" I asked getting a shake in return.

"Oh nothing, just curious about the whole feeding you thing." she told me wrapping her wing around my hip.

"I did not understand that feeding individuals physically was socially unacceptable," Cavern said, "and that it was not equivalent to feeding me emotion," she continued, "a social blunder on my part one I endeavor not to repeat." she shyly told mom.

A hmm came from her as she dropped the line of conversation we spent a few hours in the park before deciding to go to the zoo, "Oh this one is new," mom said looking at the python that slithered over the rocks to get to the heat lamp, my eyes, however, wandered to a unicorn stallion shaking ever so slightly, before his neck jerked and he collapsed, one of the security guards ran over and started calling for a doctor, that he had no pulse.

The stallion's left leg jerked and his eyes shot open, his mouth opened as he lunged for the mare's throat, using the force I pushed her away, she was angry before being shocked seeing the stallion standing up, coagulated blood falling from his mouth as he scanned the reptile room before he settled on me his horn ignited, pulsing, I drew my saber and waited, "Get out of here everyone," I commanded family's running towards the door as the stallion and I stared at each other, I saw a flash of green as mom sent out a message before lowering herself into a fighting stance I wasn't sure why until I saw the drips from the rafters above.

Three more dropped, their bodies were mixed in color, a few not having flesh around their skeleton limbs. We continued to stare at each other, "So sweetie what do you think?" mom asked gently throwing her badge chain over her neck from her saddlebag.

"I think you and cavern work on evacuating the zoo," I said as the first sickly green blast of magic came at me, quickly deflecting it back into the stallion, I saw his body glow as he smiled, "and you let a Jedi do what they do best, handle weird situations." I told her, getting a hesitant nod as she ran out the door, quickly I heard her yelling for ponies to evacuate the zoo. I stilled my mind as the stallion ran at me and brought his foreleg down, raising my saber intending to amputate it, I was shocked to see my saber crossed with his foreleg.

The other zombies, for lack of a better word, rushed me and I used the force along with several kicks to keep them at bay as I resisted the pushing pressure from the unicorn before I pushed him away and leaped up to the rafters the unicorn following me with surprising agility and biting down on my saber blade drips of his blood landing on my face. One of the others got a grip of my pants in their mouth as I noticed the red forming around the magic armor the unicorn seemed to possess, using my free hand I choked my would be grappler and sent them back down. The unicorn clicked at me with a sinister smile as my saber lowered a few more inches towards my face, but he didn't realize his barrier was failing, grabbing the pommel of my saber I used it's length to apply more pressure to the offending creature. It didn't take long for the magic armor he had to dispel, the top of his head falling to the floor beneath us, his body quickly following as I leaped down twirling my saber.

The others rushed me, I quickly twisted and flourished my blade between them, swiftly ending the threat, deactivating my saber, I clipped it to my belt and walked out the door only to be greeted by a hazmat team with spears at the ready yelling at me to raise my hands. With a groan I raised them, I was then forced into a large pool, water from a hose struck me as they covered me in soap. They pulled me into another pool and threw me a minotaur's hazmat suit. I was taken to the hospital and thrown into an isolation ward, looking to the side I saw the guard from earlier sitting on one of the beds.

"Necromancy, they said, we have to be quarantined until they're sure we haven't been affected by the magic," she told me, "They're burning the reptile house with everything in it," she continued before crying, "the only reason I'm here is I touched one, what did you do?" she asked me while grabbing her pillow.

"I killed them," I said, "I-it spit on me, I didn't get it into any of my vectors," I explained, "At least that's what the hazmat team said." I lied down on the other bed and stared at the ceiling, where did a necromancer come from, academics that mention it in passing is rare enough, let alone spell books on the stuff.

The next two weeks were filled with constant blood tests and psychological exams, before we were released, "Oh sweetie, are you okay?" mom asked wrapping her legs and wings around me, "Cavern ran off saying she needed to do research," she continued, "she might be back now, so l-let's go home." she told me before a very familiar mare approached us.

"Good evening Ms. Lessa, Ms. Cereus," she said adjusting her tie, "I'm Supervisory Special Agent 74 with the Equestrian Intelligence Agency, I would like to inform you that the raised you combated in the zoo reptile house were extremely stable," she told us, "and there is no risk of being infected, only the original caster can raise your corpses," she explained, "here is a copy of the magic signature, so you can better combat any raised you may run into from the same raiser." she told us brushing past us, as stiff and robotic as ever.

"You know there are legends of a necromancer who isn't evil, within bat pony circles," mom said, nodding her head aggressively at my raised brow, "He's tall like a minotaur but shaped like you, just without the lekku," she continued, "and he would go around helping ponies and fought the many evils of early Equestria," she stood up and raised her front hooves over her head, "and his slain enemies would be conscripted into his army, be it pony or beast," she told me dropping back down, "they called him Barry Bone Raiser," she finished with a whisper into my ear, I started laughing uncontrollably, "It's not funny he was a great hero always putting himself before others, just like you!" she yelled at me as we made our way home.