• Published 11th Jan 2021
  • 467 Views, 15 Comments

On the Road - Smakleapp



Twilight flees Ponyville after a mental breakdown, with Flurry Heart in tow.

  • ...
0
 15
 467

The Meeting

“I agree with you, my dear nephew. We shall conduct searches for Twilight using the National Guard.”

The throne room was scarcely filled. Celestia and Luna sat on their respective thrones, while Blueblood and Shining Armor stood before them. The Prince nodded his head.

“And no offense, dear Armor, but your personnel connection should prohibit you from this job.”

Celestia and Luna both nodded in agreeance, while Shining grumbled but kept it low and said nothing further. Blueblood continued.

“I will suggest myself leading the search. I am very experienced at this sort of predicament. I know that she must be heading southwest, where I’m not sure. Assuming she's mentally ill, she might make the worst decisions by heading to a city.” A moment of silence. “Actually, perhaps she's smart in this. She would blend in perfectly. In fact, no pony could even care that she was there. No matter. I’ll set up guards along the roads by afternoonish, blocking all the entries to major cities. Soon, she’ll be caught, as well close around the places we know she would have gone. If you agree with this, Auntie, then I will begin at once.”

Celestia waved her hoof, smiling. “It seems like a reasonable plan. I want to tell you one thing.”

A nervous laughter. “Yes, well of course. What is it?” Celestia's face rapidly changed, frowning as she stared into her nephew’s soul.

“You are not permitted, at any point whatsoever, to hurt her. Do you understand?” The room became a vacuum suddenly. The atmosphere was tense, all bottled up into one moment. Shining smiled, looking down at the ground. Blueblood did the opposite, sweating and frowning, understanding the consequences of such an action without it needed to be stated.

“O-of course. I w-wouldn’t d-dream of i-it.”

Celestia quickly smiled as Luna chuckled, amused by her Sisters warning. “I suppose that makes you happy, Shining Armor.”

The stallion smiled, bowing his head, letting his unkept mane pour over his facial features. “As long as neither my daughter nor sister is hurt, I have no objections. I fully trust Prince Bluebloods direction and general prowess, and I know that we will find both and give my sister the proper help she needs. And from this, I have nothing left to say.”

“You know,” Celestia lightly began, “you dont need to address me formally anymore, right?”

Shining shrugged. “It would be wise for myself to keep my emotions in check.”

A smile and a nod. “I understand. You may leave now, and take what we talked about into action.”

Both nodded and proceeded out the door. The Two Sisters let their eyes follow the two Princes out the door, carefully watching them. When they left, the Sisters fell back across their chairs, sighing with exhaustion.

Luna chocked out a sentence. “Well Tia, that takes a big load off of our shoulders.”

“Yeah, well I suppose…”

Luna rolled her eyes at her older sister. “We already had this meltdown last night. You dont need to control every little thing, Tia.”

Celestia took in a large breath, looking around the throne room. Light poured in from the mosaics. It was red, orange blue. Mosaics depicting victories, reminding her of her conquering, as well as her subject’s victories as well. A wall of wins. Of successes. Gratitude and favor. All of it. All of the history taken from context. There was no mosaic depicting a sister banishing her own. There was no mosaic depicting a Princess failing to protect Canterlot from the changelings on a wedding day. Nothing depicting her futile attempts to hold Tyrek. Nothing. Few ponies knew, and if they did, none cared. Except for the one that was running away.

Luna bore a look of worry. “Tia, are you-”

“I’m fine Luna.”

Without any talk, Celestia moved off the throne and began to move into her living quarters, Luna frowning as she went.


Dear Starlight

I hope this letter finds you well. I know that the past events of what occurred might still worry you. I had a meeting with my nephew and Twilights brother today. Blueblood lives rather close, and Shining happened to already be located in this city to ask me for an audience. I wish I could have had your friends here, but there was just simply no time.

Our decisions keep Twilight safe, as her search will be conducted by my capable nephew. He has experience with this situation, and it's because of this that I ask you to find confidence in him and his abilities.

Her punishments will be minimum. We agreed we shall use only the finest doctors to test her mental state if she is even in one. I'm just as worried as you, and it's taken a while for myself to realize my uselessness. She remains hidden, not seen nor heard. This is where I disagree with my nephew. She isn't acting sparitcally. Even if she doesn't know it, every step she takes is being analyzed by her mind.

And so...

I wish you not to, but I know you will take it upon yourself to find your friend. I hope you can do so, and even though I won't provide help, I will keep you nosing silent to my nephew. It's a royal matter after all.

It's to the point where it doesn't matter how we find her. As long as she's safe. And double the searching will certainly help with that. Again, remember you are not officially allowed to look for her. You are not officially Royal Servants, at least not the type that can be awarded this search. So do not use me as a way for hidden information. I only care about one thing Starlight. That's finding Twilight and Flurry. To fail will blacken my name to all. I just want them to be safe. To continue as we were. I'm sure you feel the safe way.

Always know that although I can't aid you in the search, that my thoughts and prayers are with you.

Your Worried Princess,

Celestia

Comments ( 1 )

Update!:raritystarry: I was afraid I would not see them anymore! I want to know what is happening.:twilightsmile:

Login or register to comment