• Published 11th Jan 2021
  • 464 Views, 15 Comments

On the Road - Smakleapp



Twilight flees Ponyville after a mental breakdown, with Flurry Heart in tow.

  • ...
0
 15
 464

Where She Belongs

A bed. Blankets, sheets. All of this was new to Twilight as her eyes began to open, adjusting to the light. She saw immediately that she was not in the forest anymore. It took her a minute to comprehend her whereabouts. She was in her bedroom.

It was unmistakable. She was in her bed, in her room, in her castle. Her eyes widened by a large margin, bewildered at the series of events unfolding before her.

“What the…” Twilight said in a groggy voice. She began to get out of her soft bed, touching her four hooves down on the floor. She rubbed her face with her hooves, trying to wake up. She looked around her room. No Flurry.

“In what universe?”

Twilight began to trot around the room, trying to wake her mind up from its mourning slumber. She birthed the idea of being caught. She chided herself. She knew this would happen. “Damn it! Never should have slept.” She began to create a mindscape of the next events that would occur. Most likely a stern talking to, imprisonment perhaps. Most likely an enrolment to an asylum, where they would put her in a white padded room and something killing her magic. The idea was so revolting, she could almost taste it.

A door stood at the end of the room, where it would open up to the rest of her “humble” home. She got out of bed and began to walk to the door. As her hoof floated above the handle, the door swung open, almost hitting Twilight.

Starlight stood in the doorway, eyes wide. A smile soon began to spread across her face. “Twilight…”

The smile set Twilight off a bit, wondering why she had such a cheery nature. “Hey Starlight. Um...I don’t really know-”

“You finally woke up! Wow, for a day straight! Hope you slept well, you sleepyhead you!” Starlight advanced forward, wrapping Twilight in a bear hug. Huh?

“Um...I was sleeping? For a day. What in Tartarus does that mean?”

Starlight playfully put her hands up. “Woah! She’s delirious! Watch out everypony!” She laughed, and lightly punched Twilight in her arm. “Nah, I’m just joshin’ you. Yeah, you big goof! You were out for, like, three days!”

“I thought you said on-”

Starlight laughed. “Ha! Look at this girl!” Starlight talked in a comedic droning voice. “She’s like, ‘one, two, five hundred,’ damn, numbers girl!” Twilight had to wait for a minute to let Starlight finish giggling. “We’ve been worry sick about you!”

Twilight put on a nervous smile, confused at how every sentence was given such excitement. “Yeah well...I’m ok!” She almost rolled her eyes at her own exclaimed remark. Starlight began to rub her hooves on her shoulders.

“Yeah?” Her voice was full of concern Twilight though sounded fake. She didn’t care at the moment, however. She just needed to figure out what was happening.

“Yeahhhhhsooooooo Starlight?”

“Hm?”

“What was the last thing I um... did before I w-went to sleep?”

Starlight put her hoof underneath her fuzzy chin. “Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.” She drew out her thought, and suddenly burst into a smile. “Why Twilight! You were on a mission for Celestia or whatever, and you were so pooped out, you came back to the castle and said, ‘Why, I'm so pooped! Imma take a nap!’”

Twilight stared at her. She doubts she sounded like that.

“And the next thing we knew, this little princess,” playful nudge, “went nighty-night for an entire week! Crazy, huh?”

“A week?”

“We were so worried about you, honey? You tired so!”

Twilight squinted her eyes at her student. “What?”

“You were so tired! So we let you sleep for the month until you woke up!”

Twilights mind was spinning around in circles, confused at the different types of information she was being bombarded with. “What about, umm...Shining and-”

“OH! Them?” Starlight put her hoof underneath her smooth chin, being stuck in thought. “You haven’t seen them in a while, Twi!”

“Wait...really?”

“Yeah!” Starlight smiled at her teacher. However, upon noticing Twilights' confusion, she sighed heavily. “Damn, that does not suit me at all.”

Twilight jerked her head up. “Huh?”

“Pinkie, (stupid Pinkie), said I should be ‘wacky’ and ‘corny’ and such. Not to tell the amount of time you slept cause ‘shock’.” Starlight shook her head. “Stupid, honestly.” She chuckled, shaking her head. Twilight decided to match her laughter with her own. That put Starlight in a better mood.

Scratching her fuzzy face, she continued. “So um...yeah. That’s the basics really. How ya holdin’ up?”

Twilight breathed in and out. “Well, now that you calmed down…” She looked around the room, studying it. “Yeah, pretty good. I had a weird dream, that’s all it is. How long was I asleep.”

Starlight shook her head. “I don’t know. A couple of days? I lost count.”

“Okkkk.” Twilight bit her lip. She had a ton of questions. Everything was changing, and she was not sure how she felt about it. She still did not understand why it was so immersive, her “dream”.
The whole time thing confused her too, almost as if Starlight was trying to cover up another reason for changing the time.

She shook her head at that thought. Starlight would never. Shock, she thought, was a reasonable reason. She read many stories depicting how a simple fact could send ponies into a state of shock. Realizing the amount of time she slept might put her in that state.

Her friends were looking out for her. She smiled. “Sorry, Star, I just had a very realistic dream and all.” She quickly added to that statement. “Very, very realistic dream that is.”

Starlight looked concerned. “Oh, of course.” She stood around awkwardly, knowing full well that Twilight was not willing to share the dream she had.

“Starlight?”

“Hmm?”

“Can I talk to my friends real quick? Being asleep for so long must have made them worried.”

Starlight chuckled. “That’s an understatement. I had to keep them outta the room to not disturb you. They thought it was a coma or something.” She chuckled again and pointed at Twilight. “Of course, it seems that’s not the case.”

“Yeah, I guess…” The two stood around awkwardly, not sure what to say. Twilight decided to break it. “What about Spike?”

“Oh, he's at Rarities, I think.” Twilight smiled, reminded of Spikes crush on her friend. “He had the worst of it, ya know?”

“Yeah, I bet…” Twilight felt at ease now. This was the world she came accustomed to, excited to live her old life once more. That was all she wanted. Wait…

“So, let’s see those friends of yours! I think Pinkie had a party set up for whenever you woke up.”

Twilight smiled and nodded. Soon, the two friends left the larger than life castle.

Author's Note:

Sorry it took so long for this chapter to come out. It's not going to come out as frequently, as I want to keep up its quality.