• Published 11th Jan 2021
  • 466 Views, 15 Comments

On the Road - Smakleapp



Twilight flees Ponyville after a mental breakdown, with Flurry Heart in tow.

  • ...
0
 15
 466

Leave Her Bee

It was early morning when Twilight woke up. There was a small drizzle still falling down as her eyes slowly opened up. They would jerk down as too much light would enter it, begging for time to adjust. After a minute, the light was adjusted to.

With a turn of her head, Twilight saw Flurry resting softly. A small bracelet hung on her forehoof. The filly would occasionally rub her face with the hoof, causing Twilight to fear she picked one too big for her, but it hung on tightly.

The little filly breathed in and out, and Twilight stared at the little chest going up and down. With a gentle quickness, Twilight kissed Flurry’s forehead and patted the sleeping princess’s mane. She smiled down at her, a loving smile filled with warmth and comfort. “I love you, my little munchkin.” Munchkin. I like that name. She supposed Flurry would to when she woke up.

“No point in getting you up now. Let sleeping ponies lie.” She smirked at her own joke and set down to plan her travels.

She was dangerously close to the railroad. Celestia forbid if somepony recognized her. Starlight frequently went on those trains. It would not be farfetched to think she could see her in the distance. She could barely see the railroad when turning left, which meant she drifted in that direction without realizing it.

Twilight shielded the map from the rain, which was now even lighter, but still making its presence known. Twilight floated out a magic quill and began to write her plan. She thought back to when Spike would write instead of her, and her eyes began to well up as she made her new paths.

When she was done, she expected to be at the destination in about 3 days. As long as she did not drift off too close to the railroad or Everfree Forest for that matter, she should be ok. “Ok,” she whispered to herself, “once you get to the city, there would be such a big crowd, nopony will realize it's you! You can plant a disguise, and boom! New life! Genius, me, genius!” Twilight clapped her hooves together in celebration of her “well-thought-out plan.”

She tested out her disguise, looking into a puddle to judge. The purple princess suddenly became a unicorn, one with a yellow coat and orange mane. Her cutie mark became a flashlight. Twilight squeed at the success. “It is I, Sunlight Spark!” she said in a booming tone. She shook her head. Sounded too much like her own name. “Sunlighting Spick? Sunset Shimmer? Nahhh.” Her glee turned to animosity at her inability to make a compelling name. She suddenly breathed in a breath of fresh air, and smiled once more. “Candle Wick!” With a flash, her mark became a candle with a low flame. The squee became intense as Twilight jumped up and down, excited at her discovery.

Over the next 3 hours, Twilight went over everything she should do. She was now aware of the fact that ponies will tell Celestia about Twilights’ departure down the south. Due to this sudden time of understanding, Twilight would have to keep the disguise on at all times, even before her arrival at the city. And for a moment once more, Twilight thought about coming back to her friends. They would say, Silly Twilight! You went Twilynannas, that's ok! We forgive you! Twilights sane side knew this was not true. “I… I ruined it. My friends, my family, all because I…” Twilight was at a loss for words. She struggled to get them out, not for anypony, but for herself. She needed to hear this. “Because I reacted. I… made a stupid decision I never should have made, and it’s all…” Ruined.

“Hwbawa!” Twilight spun around more quickly than thought to be possible to see a crawling Flurry Heart. Twilight gave a weak smile, and scooped Flurry up, thankful she had somepony to talk to now.

“Hey, Flurry! Good mourning! Learn from your, uh... *sniff*, Auntie Twily!” Flurry couldn’t really learn anything at the moment, but that did not exactly concern Twilight at the moment. They needed to get moving.

Flurry was put back into the nap sack, a little opening for her breathing. She casted a silence spell on the nap sack, and reinforced her anti-location spell. Thank Celestia for this body. She began to tear up as she remembered her old teacher, but, now under the disguise, she continued on the road.

The rain stopped and gave way to a sunny sky. “Oh shit.” Weather ponies. She broke out into a cold sweat as she began to question everything she was doing. Weather ponies would be coming here, near her. They will find her, and she will get turned in. She will get into so much trouble. She can’t show her face. Her reputation is-

The sound of ponies streaking through the sky filled the air, causing Twilight to gasp in more air than she should have. She choked on the sudden rush of breath as she could make out a trio of weather pegasi coming her way, each one carrying a cloud. She could make out the writing, Pegasus Vally Force , on the side of their uniform.“Shit! Shit, shit shit, shit!” Twilight was about jump of the road, get out of there, abandon ship, leave. However, a wave of confidence rose over her suddenly, so much so that she began to smile.

I’m Twilight Sparkle. No, Candle Wick! I got this. Who are they to question me?

And as they crossed over her head, Twilight waved. The pegasi waved back to the seemingly nice mare who most likely had a bunch of candles in her backpack. As they left, the one to the right looked to the one in the middle.

“Scream, should we check her? Princess said to check all ponies by this road.”

The one in the center shook his head. “Not necessary. Celestia only wants us looking for her mildly. She’s got roadblocks planned ahead to make sure none should pass. So trust me it’s fine. Just check to see if she is out having a breakdown or something in a bush.”

“But Scream-”

The pony named Scream breathed a sigh of annoyance. “Star, it’s fine, trust me. I’ll take the flack. Which there won’t be. And this STUPID BEE BETTER GET AWAY FROM ME!”

The left one sneered. “That rhymed, you dick.” The center one shot him a look.

“Yeah, and your gonna have a black eye, asshole. Why don’t you keep moving?” The left one murmured under his breath but still moved forward.

The bee then began to buzz away from the fliers toward Twilight, where it eventually poofed up in front of a shaking Twily. Her confidence was gone as she fell to her hindlegs, tears streaming off her face. I’m done. She truly believed those words, that everything was over. A roadblock!?!? A fucking roadblock? “I’m done. Flurry, we're done.” If Flurry said anything, Twilight could not hear it. “Maybe I can- I don't know! Ask forgiveness? But they would put me in a war-fuck! Fuck!” Each curse was weak, broken up by sobbing. “A ward, Flurry. A fucking ward! I can’t…I really... can’t!”

The pony began to have a panic attack. She began to slap her face frantically, trying to calm down. After years of being in classes and going through learning many different subjects, Twilight knew that freaking out never solved everything. And with that, after a solid ten minutes, Twilight was able to calm down enough to reach into her nap sack, around Flurry, and grab a notebook and a quill, and begin writing.

Dear Brother,