• Published 11th Jan 2021
  • 454 Views, 15 Comments

On the Road - Smakleapp



Twilight flees Ponyville after a mental breakdown, with Flurry Heart in tow.

  • ...
0
 15
 454

Recent Memories

“PARTYPARTYPARTY!” The obvious owner of the voice jumped up and down, moving around Sugarcube Corner. Speaking of the building, it was filled with streamers and balloons. Signs filled the store, all with pillows being set on fire. Seven ponies sat around a table, (well, one was jumping up and down), accompanied by a dragon.

The night party was starting to heat up, with Rainbow showing her moves to a new song released by their friend, Vinyl. Fluttershy, reluctantly, joined in, causing all the friends to cheer in excitement.

This day was...wild, to say the least. Apart from the confusing mourning conversation she had with Starlight, the day was mostly predictable. Her friends, upon seeing her, became excited and joyous, especially Pinkie. She almost blew up, she was so happy. She continually rambled on about the party she would throw for the night, and threatened all with loud yells if anypony dared to skip out on the party. All the other residents greeted Twilight, making her feel, for the first time in a while, like a princess.

Leading up to the party, Twilight sent letters to both Celestia and Shining. Starlight explained that they were worried as well, suggesting for her to write the letters. They were simple, Twilight recalled, stating she had woken up from her sleep and was now back to the land of the living. She had a sudden urge to say sorry to them, but she couldn’t figure out why.

“Twilight, darling?”

Rarities voice jerked Twilight back to reality, and out of her own personnel thought bubble. “Are you alright, my dear?”

Twilight nodded, her mouth suddenly dry. “Of course Rarity, just a little out of it.” She forced a smile.

“Yes, I suppose sleeping for a long while would do that to you. Don’t worry dear. We could be less rowdy if it pleased you.” Rarity gave Twilight a helpful look.

“No! It’s fine, trust me!” Twilight said a little too quickly. She enjoyed this. This show of happiness from her friends made her feel at home. So why did she also feel so off about it?

“Well, darling, if it doesn’t concern you, we had a play planned for you.”

Applejack, Pinkie, and Starlight looked at Twilight with excited eyes. “Oh, really? A play?”

“Yes!” As she said that, the bright lights of the store went out, and two spotlights pointed at the center of the floor, where a stage magically appeared. Bewildered, Twilight turned around to her friends...who simply were not there.

The place fell quiet, giving off an eerie atmosphere. Twilight found she couldn’t move out of the chair, stuck to that one single position.

In a second, all of her friends trotted onto the stage, eyes blank and transfixed. She noticed Spike was joining them, face also blank. The 6 friends all stood in a single file line, blankly staring at Twilight.

Applejack started first. “But Twilight, we just had so much to do. We are might sorry we left you.”
Twilight wanted to say something, but she lost her voice. Her mouth flapped open and closed, producing no sound.

Fluttershy. “Exactly. Im so sorry we forgot about you. Please, forgive us!”

Pinkie. “Yeah. Exactly.” The robotic tone of the voices seemed to make Twilight's ears bleed, as she tried to escape. She knew what they were going to say. Please, please please please, no. Please no.

Starlight. “Please Twilight, say something to us.”

No control.

“I hate you guys. You've left me, you've forgotten about me. I’ve been left here to all my lonesome, away from all of you, and you couldn't care any less.” She couldn't believe the words that were forcibly coming out of her mouth. She didn’t want to think about this ever again. PLEASE! STOPPPPP!!!!!!

Starlight. “You, don't mean that, do you?”

In a rush, both Shining Armor and Cadence walked onto the stage. “Yeah, Twilly. Please say otherwise.”

Tears were streaming down her face now, pleading with herself to stop. She wasn’t in the chair anymore, nor was she in Sugarcube Corner. She was instead in the castle, and the emotionless speech of her friends was now replaced, as all of them began sobbing.

“Twilly, come on, you need a rest. Please, just take a seat.” Shining began pleading with her.

Please no, please stop. You don’t know what you are doing!!!

Twilight pushed him away. “Y-you d-don't care at all! You don’t give two shits!” Everypony, including Spike, recoiled at that.

Shining tried to reason with her. “Twilly, that's not true.”

“It is!” she shrieked. “You don't care. You've been leaving me. All of you! All of you left me! All of you deserve to die! Leave me!”

“Twiliy-”

“Leave. Me. Celestia only knows you've been ignoring me enough.

Silence. Nobody made a move. Frustrated, Twilight marched past them, and moved into her room, slamming the door shut behind her. With tears staging her eyes, she furiously wrote on her desk.

Dear Celestia,

I have now finally realized my place in this world. My friends have left me. My brother abandoned me. I'm all alone, princess, and you never did anything about it. I held you in false regard it seems, as my job as princess ruined my life. Now, I’m here, isolated from all my friends for no reason other than their insistence of sleeping early tonight. So, dear Princess, note this as my resignation. Because I frankly never wish to see any of you again.

From

A Mare You Once Owned

Fwoosh.

Twilight sent the letter herself, something very rare. She never did that, never. She was alone, all alone. Please, apologize. Please. Please. Please please, please. Ple-

A flash of yellow filled in her room. Twilight jerked her head behind her to see Flurry, who was smiling inside the room, giggling. “What, how-”

Flurry must have accidentally teleported herself to her auntie. Celestia told her it was rare, but baby alicorns could be drawn to alicorns when under stress or using large amounts of magic.

“Flurry, I…” As ideas flooded Twilights head, her true inner voice pleaded. Please. No. Don’t, don’t, just, don’t take her away…

It all faded to black.