• Published 10th Dec 2020
  • 818 Views, 11 Comments

I Couldn't Become Nightmare Moon, So I Got A New Job! - Ultimus Pendragon



When the only thing you've only wanted is taken away from you, what do you do? Go into the workforce.

  • ...
2
 11
 818

In Good Faith?

Author's Note:

Back again with another chapter with hijinks. Appreciate the wait, and let's get back to it.

''Faith gives you an inner strength and a sense of balance and perspective in life.''

-Gregory Peck.

The rain came akin to a monsoon, Luna unable to enjoy the scenery outside for the streets of Canterlot. ''Spike, a question.''

The dragon piqued up, pausing his check of the day's receipts with a frown. ''Hmm?''

''Do you think about what faith does?'' Spike turned his head to look his partner in the face. ''Can it be the true end all?''

That question threw Spike for a loop, especially for the main reason that Luna was hopefully wiser beyond her years to ask that. But, she figured she may have asked merely to get another perspective. ''No, not really, but why do you ask if it could be an end-all?''

Walking around the counter and peering out to the streets of Canterlot and its denizens running about to get out of the rain and into warmth. Being a worker for the amount of time she had been at Miniature Menagerie, along with the recent 'issues' concerning the new rival store that suddenly became the topic of conversation for Moon Dancer in reference to faith. Faith that things would work themselves out, given enough time. ''Just an idea to ponder; nothing to warrant much worry,'' Luna said, closing her eyes as she laid a hoof on the counter and planted her chin on top, a silent exhale following as Spike looked on.

''Not to hitch a saddle to you, but did you ever get that civil case with Trixie handled?'' Spike's question nearly warranted a hoof to the face due to the bluntness of his statement. ''Moon Dancer did want to ask, but she just had me do it.''

''W-W-Wha? That's none of her or your concern! The Canterlot High Court is currently handing-''

''-You say that now, but knowing the legal process, them handling it may be more trouble than what it's worth, you do know that Trixie sued you, right?'' Spike's words made Luna look at her fellow worker with a gaze she hoped would be burning a hole into his skull, purely figuratively, of course. The situation with Trixie was. . .a delicate dance of sorts, and one that The Canterlot High Court would attend to since her case as her being the aggressors seemed to work out in favor with the judges. "If she comes in here spouting nonsense, that's your job.''

Walking back to her seat and sitting down, Luna glanced at Spike, bringing out her bag of salt and vinegar chips as she munched away, not wanting to hear more of the issue as she held the idea that her position at the store would more than likely be called into question, should Trixie surface at the store. As long as she didn't cause any trouble.

And to be fair, Trixie did decide to attack back at the notion of being as she said ‘cheated’ for the price of a table that unfolded into a bigger one with the slightest touch of magic. The price marked that day was the price marked, and Trixie's. . .issues on top of a generous 10% discount pushed the former matriarch to her limits for that interaction. ''I am sure that should Trixie have the courage to trot through those doors again, it would hopefully be the betterment of herself and her pride versus attempting to pick a fight with me,'' Luna huffed, popping another chip in her mouth.

''Uh-huh,'' Spike nodded, smelling the lie from a mile away, but choosing not to press the conversation further as he was sure that with time, Luna would in one way or another, find herself in trouble, and Spike wanted nothing more than to be as far away as possible as to not incur the wrath of Moon Dancer; he already received enough of that on a daily basis whenever he made small mistakes. ''You would think a somepony like you would be better at managing anger issues.''

''I will ignore that for the sake of our friendship and workplace, now let us talk about something else,'' something out of Luna's eye caught her attention and caused her to focus. ''Like who in Canterlot sent 'that'?'' Spike looked to see. . .something that she couldn't quite make out with words of description. The look on Spike's face was a mixture of the deepest level of confusion mixed with a hint of silent intrigue.

On a wooden cart sat a glorious chocolate sheet cake, adorned with light blue and yellow frosting surrounding the pastry. As it sat propped up on an angle, Luna could spy lettered frosting that looked to spell out something that the former princess looked to see as a challenge. Nay, a war of sorts would be the better way to describe the situation.

A war of attrition.

''Spike, inform Moon Dancer that I will be taking an early lunch; there is something I must attend to.'' Luna said, taking her chips with her after she forcefully took a ‘slice’ of cake in all its mouth-watering glory along with her magic as Spike looked in, contemplating if he should also indulge himself in the confectionery, only to note one thing.

Luna pushed the cart over, smushing the cake on the fine cobblestone.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment