• Published 28th Oct 2021
  • 1,392 Views, 31 Comments

Rainbow Dash's Awesome Nightmare Night Haunted House Choose-Your-Own-Adventure Adventure - TheDriderPony



A branching story with interactive gameplay, multiple endings, and more secrets than Pinkie's basement!

  • ...
2
 31
 1,392

PreviousChapters Next
You Have Nothing to Fear...

The door opens easily into a room that seems better preserved than the rest of the mansion. It's not large, little more than a glorified walk-in closet or pantry, but the walls are dry and clean and not riddled with the holes of burrowing insects. That aside, it's also rather unadorned.

The walls are bare, without either defect or feature, and the only furniture is a single table in the center of the room atop which sits a silver tureen.

Nothing immediately presents itself as threatening (though you suppose the table might be one. Or there could be a pitfall. Or something invisible could spring from the walls) but you keep your guard up anyway.

You approach the table warily, ears up and eyes alert. There are no sounds save for your own breathing as you examine the silver platter and cover like you're Daring Do and it's an ancient idol on a suspiciously isolated pedestal.

It looks fancy—not Canterlot fancy but still save-it-for-special-occasions fancy—but beyond that you can't detect anything special or strange about it. The silver is clean and unvarnished, and a warped version of yourself looks back from the polished metal like a funhouse mirror You lift the lid.

Below it... is a cake.

A chocolate cake, by the looks of it, with a rich purple buttercream frosting that tickles your nose with its sweetness. There's a hint of... pumpkin... and spices as well. The surface is dotted with little jack-o-lanterns and ghosts and bones made of sugar and fondant. It's a bit smaller than an average cake, more like an oversized cupcake made to be shared with one or two friends.

It looks delicious.

You can feel your defenses lowering as the intoxicating aroma envelops you. A cake? That's all there was? And to think you'd been so worried about it being some kind of horrible jumpscare. How could cake be scary?

There's a small note tucked underneath by a corner. The elegant silver script is hard to read at first, but after a minute it resolves itself as the message "To Be Enjoyed To The Fullest".

And is that good luck or what? Not only is there nothing scary here, but you've found some kind of prize room! You decide to congratulate yourself with some delicious cake. After all, it's free food isn't it?


You could EAT JUST ONE SLICE, or, since it's Nightmare Night, why not splurge and EAT THE WHOLE THING?

Then again, perhaps you find this whole setup a little suspicious. You can always fall back on your trusty option to FIGHT, or, if all else fails, you can try to NEGOTIATE.

PreviousChapters Next