• Published 29th Sep 2020
  • 1,377 Views, 13 Comments

Just a kid from Texas - Funkierparty



A young man just like any other getting by day by day certainly thrown into this unfamiliar world and quickly will have to come to terms with this new situation however maybe it won’t be as bad as he thinks with being in a weird Pony world.

  • ...
3
 13
 1,377

Do other people dream like this?

Running

All I know is that I was running. Somethings wrong I don’t know why, I just had to run. I can feel something else running as well. It was running after me.

Now I felt fear. All I knew was that I was desperate and I needed to run.

Trees went past me left and right. Tears were flowing down my face as I was pushing my way through trees. My heart was pounding in my chest.

After running for what felt like hours I finally fell over exhausted. I cried for desperately on the ground just trying to keep myself moving.

I rolled over to my back and slowly crawled backwards. In the distance I could see several figures I could recognize. I can see the stone columns as he slowly walked around me in circles taking heavy long strides which was unsettling to watch. I could also see the Timberwolves I seen the dark back-and-forth quickly.

“No...n-no...I” I spoke between my sobbing as I struggle to get back onto my feet “waaa...what do I do?”

In the distance I could hear screaming. My eyes widened as the urge to help was unbearable. The Voice was familiar. I wanted to move but I couldn’t I just stood there frozen.

Screams for help we’re coming from all around me in different directions.I thought it back-and-forth looking at the monsters in front of me.

I fell to my knees feeling defeated placing my hands on my head.
“No”
The monster started to approach me and as they did and I could see fire beginning to form in the distance within the trees. My breathing is frantic and I was hyperventilating. The monsters were pushing me closer and closer from all different directions. I couldn’t think I didn’t have time to react I couldn’t think of a plan and I hated myself for it.

The monsters began to charge at me I simply closed my eyes and excepted my fate. But everything became white.


_____________**********____________

I looked around frantically and found myself in a....familiar? place. I don’t know why but I remember this place, it’s like I’ve seen it before.

My surroundings was nothing but space and what looked to be stars. It was quite a beautiful site that’s for sure. As I looked around I noticed I could feel...a Presents?

“Hello?” I called as I looked around into the emptiness of space.

A moment of silence occurred as I slowly drifted weightlessly. Even that was kind of cool to experience zero gravity it was also starting to freak me out a little. I mean if I’m in space how am I not dead? That was until I heard a voice that echoed all around me.

“Do not fear young one. You are now safe.”

I soon saw a pony floating down from above until she gently landed right in front of me. She was an all blue pony and was slightly larger than any of the other ponies that I’ve met so far and Had both A horn and wings. As well as long flowing mane (I know it’s called a Mane now and not hair now) that seem to sparkle but when she got closer I noticed it was literally stars in her mane which was pretty cool to see.

“Wow uhhhh Who...who are you?” I asked as I tried to stop myself from floating away in this weird zero gravity place I was in.

She giggled a little as she used her horn to engulf my entire body in a blue aura. I felt myself standing on a solid surface which made no sense because... well when I look down, I was standing on nothing. As I looked down all I can see was the empty abyss below me.

“I am Princess Luna, ruler of the night, and guardian of dreams.” She said as she turned off her horn and allowed me freedom to move.

I looked around for a moment once again and came to the conclusion that I was in a dream.

“So...I’m in a dream. Wait i’ve heard of you You’re a ruler of a Equestria! Right?” I asked looking to her in surprise.

She giggled at my response and slowly walked past me and I seen followed her Walking on a path of nothing which was really starting to trip me out.

“Yes that is I, Another of my many rolls. I presume you have heard of me from Miss Twilight sparkle Am I right?” She asked looking over her shoulder to me.

“Yea she’s been telling me all kinds of things about a equestria. there’s a lot I don’t know.” I pause for a moment to look around my surroundings “like...a lot.”

She laughed at me for a moment seeing my dumbfounded expression as I just gazed off into the distance.

“ don’t worry I’m sure you’ll catch on soon enough.” She said as she slowly floated down in front of me.

But that brought up another question in the back of my mind but I held onto it for now. I don’t wanna ruin the moment. So I asked another question instead. “So... Princess Luna, why exactly are you here and why exactly is all of this happening?” I asked deep down I was hoping that I didn’t do anything wrong and I wasn’t in trouble.

“Why you where having a nightmare” she said looking over to me as she began walking forward onto a...light bridge? At this point nothing is surprising me.

I was able to stand on my feet properly as I followed Close thinking about what she told me for a moment.

“ I was having a nightmare?... I guess I was“ I said recalling the dream I was having earlier. “ i’m sorry“ I apologize quickly after hoping I didn’t cause any trouble for her.

“ please, there’s no need to apologize for having a nightmare.” She said stopping in her tracks and looking back to me again.

“ i’m sorry I just don’t wanna bother you with your...dream duty?” I said lowering my head.

“ Young Brady your dreams IS part of my duty. Especially after what you’ve done for my subjects it is the least I can do.” The princess picked up my chin with her hoof I looked me dead in the eyes she said this. I could tell she was being serious. And from my understanding of princesses back in my world. It was a little Bizarre, I always thought princesses where gonna be an uptight assholes then again I’m proven wrong about a lot of things lately.

“So...” I started feeling a bit awkward tension between us. She tilted her head slightly wondering what I was about to say next. “ am I not going to have these nightmares anymore?” I asked curiously, wondering if I was going to continue having nightmares and she was going to continue being in my head which I still don’t understand exactly how that works to begin with.

“Well no, I can only assist You in understanding why you’re having these nightmares. but it is up to you the face your fears” As the princess spoke as she sat down at the edge of the light bridge. I followed suit and sat down next to her thinking about what she just said.

I just sat there and thought for a moment longer she said I needed to face my fears but what I feared isn’t something I can just get over. I looked over to her for a moment trying to think of what to say.

“ well princess with all due respect I’m not sure if what I fear is something I can. Well not fear....in fact I think it was a good thing that I was scared, it kind of helped me... that fear help me make decisions... I mean if you can show me someone that isn’t scared of a giant pack of Timberwolves, stone golems, and dragons... well...well I can show you a fool!” I got a little emotional not gonna lie and I raise my voice a bit at the end of my little speech. I got scared for a moment thinking that I cross the line I didn’t mean to raise my voice like that it seems in this weird dream world I’m able to express myself a bit easier unconsciously.

As I looked at her I leaned back a bit thinking that she was going to lash out at me but instead she just laughed. This came as a surprise to me but instead of dragging on I thought I just roll with it I made a princess. laughed I think that’s a pretty good accomplishment.

“Oh brady” she said before wiping a tear away from her laughter. “Do not worry I fully understand. I don’t expect you to not be afraid of things such as that and I fully agree with you. It would be quite foolish to not fear such beasts. and your situation is quite unique. I have not seen someone go through such a hardship in a long time.....And I am partly to blame as well.” That last part caught my attention as I watched her expression change. She looked down with a sad expression on her face.

“ what do you mean by that princess?” I asked calmly worried that I had done something to make her upset. But what she said did catch my tension. why would she blame her self?

“Well The ones that you call “stone golem‘s” That you had encountered inside the castle of the two sisters...my old castle. Was one of my traps I had created.”

“What?” I asked a little shocked. She made those things?

“Me and my sister went a little overboard when making traps for are castle. And we went a little overboard I always try to best my sister in everything I did... and with my childish drive I have caused another incident that resulted in someone else’s suffering.” Princess Luna had a sad expression as she just stared off into space. I recall one of the mini stories twilight was trying to tell me (or will bombard me) and one of those stories was a nightmare moon I don’t remember much but I think I know what she was talking about.

“ if you are upset with me that is fully understandable. I take full responsibility and I am sorry that you have gone through such hardship. The princess said as she looked to me as a sad expression that hurt my heart to see.

“Now hold on!” I called out standing onto my feet “I never said I was upset. and that wasn’t your fault. I got myself in that situation poking my nose around in something I shouldn’t have. And besides those things you made a pretty cool. You made a pretty convincing security system that’s for sure.” I said as I look down to her with a bright smile.

She looked at me just for a moment it seem like she was in shock a little bit. Smile crapped across her face he began to giggle.

“ you are quite a strange creature Brady“ she said as she stood to her hoofs.

Suddenly everything in my surrounding started to move a bit faster. I looked around for a moment until I started feeling myself beginning to move.

“Wow what’s happening?” I asked as I begin to float uncontrollably now.

The princess just giggled she watched me float above her “ you’ll be waking up soon“

“Oh... ok then. Hey princess Luna, will I see you again?” I asked as I begin to move faster and faster.

“ do not worry Brady we shall meet again soon perhaps sooner than you think. And you can just call me Luna I would prefer that much more.” That’s the last thing I heard from her before everything started moving extremely fast then everything went black.

Author's Note:

Yo my dude’s!!!!!! I made this thing!!!!

I wanted to do a lot more with this “dream sequence” but I held back it’s no problem after all I can always make him dream again.

I hope this one was !!at least!! a little bit more well put together than the other ones.

Someone’s hitting the like button so I’m doing something right

And yall Fellers be safe it’s starting to get crazy out there and genuinely I’m scared. like Unbelievably scared.

Comments ( 2 )

Congratulations on your first fic, of course, your writing needs to improve, but you will fix it.

I like the fic, I am sure that with time you will improve, I look forward to the next chapter

very nice story so far, would like to read some more :D

Login or register to comment