• Published 29th Sep 2020
  • 1,377 Views, 13 Comments

Just a kid from Texas - Funkierparty



A young man just like any other getting by day by day certainly thrown into this unfamiliar world and quickly will have to come to terms with this new situation however maybe it won’t be as bad as he thinks with being in a weird Pony world.

  • ...
3
 13
 1,377

Scheming in the dark

|
|
|
|
|
Silence was all that could be heard.
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
And in the moment of silence there was a small ball of light that slowly drifted across the cold stone floor. The light reflecting off the damn stone walls. Soon another ball of light followed suit slowly drifting across.... And then another. Soon several balls of light slowly drifted towards a figure the center of the cold stone room.

The massive figure sat in the center of the room who appears to be in deep meditation. The orbs of light slowly drifted around the figure. The light reflecting off his ragged clothes.

After what felt like hours of pure silence the orbs all simultaneously stopped in their tracks. A massive figure slowly opened his eyes and a light yellow glow could be seen in the dark.

“ENTER!!” The man grumbled loudly as expecting someone to be at the door behind him.

After a few moments of silence the large wooden double doors slowly opened. A person walk to the doors illuminated by the torches that laid against the wall along the hallways behind him. The light revealed a wolf like creature stand on two legs. Silver coat could be seen on his face he was wearing rough ragged clothes it looked to have been worn through through many different terrain.

The massive figure that sat on the floor slowly turned his head towards his visitor. “Report” The man’s voice was deep almost as if a growl.

“ My Lord we have combed most of the eastern border so far with the amount of resources that we have we will not be able to—“ The servant was cut off by his lord.

“did.....YOU!....FIND!!.....IT!!!!“ The man stood towering over his servant his voice becoming noticeably agitated and rage could be seen in his eyes.

The servant only stared for a moment Shaking in fear the rage in his voice could shake the very stonewalls around him. “No, we did not my Lord. You’re on sure why it did not arrive which should have your currently searching all of the badlands as we-“ The service was cut off once again by a massive hand grabbing his face. The sermon was picked up off the ground was now staring in the rage filled yellow eyes.

The servant only stared into the yellow eyes as the massive man walked into the light revealing it and almost up like a face that had been scarred in several places

The mass of men spoke in a deep rage filled Voice “ Once again you have failed me....” Massive ape like creature breathe deeply as if trying to control his rage. “ I will give you ONE more opportunity to find....MY...PROPERTY!!!!......if you fail me one more time you will wish that you were dead.” The ape drops his servants into the ground and begin walking forward.

The servant scramble to get back up and follow his Lord. “ I will not fail you my Lord I promise on my life. But the scouts believe it is not within the badlands. We believe that it’s within one of the bordering countries perhaps the Dragonland, The griffins or E—“. Once again the servant was cut off by his Lord.

The ape pointer A finger into the servants face stopping him in his tracks “We cannot involve ourselves within foreign affairs. No one knows we exist and it will continue to stay that way for as long as possible if we reveal ourselves to soon trying to find it....we will only hinder our plans further. I trust that you will not make such a foolish mistake. You were already on thin ice” he finished as he continued walking to his Destiination.

He arrived another large set of wooden double doors his servant standing close behind. There were guards on either side. Lizard Lake creatures wearing armor from head to toe. The guards open the door quickly as soon as seeing the There Lord stand before that.

He walked into a massive room full of creatures of all kind walking back-and-forth. As soon as he entered the room fully everyone froze watching the massive ape like creature walk across the room As soon as he entered the room. He made his way to a large table with a map that showed a large portion of the surrounding land. standing around the table was more trusted companions. He slammed both his massive hands on the table Soon as he made us wait to it. Leaning forward staring down at the map In front of him. One of his closer companions spoke first While making his way next to him.

“It seems like your plan didn’t work out so well Aldrin. It’s gone. But I’m wondering why we’re going through so much effort for just one of these things we have plenty of expendable in the hole. Why won’t you just use one of them.” The lizard jumped from Aldrin’s fist slamming on the table.

“SHUT...YOUR...MOUTH!!! You don’t know what you’re talking about. this “thing“ There’s only one in existence now it’s not even from around these lands....not even from within our world. I sacrificed a large amount of resources to bring it here and now it’s gone.” Aldrin spoke angrily staring down at the map.

Everyone stood there in silence the people surrounding them began moving once again going back to their business most of them leaving the room all together. Mostly Fearing there for their lives. Another person spoke up walking closer to the table. A bug like creature with small spikes protruding from the bottom of its jaw.

“If I believe what scouts say is true. this operation has become quite more difficult as well as delicate. If you proceed to carry out its operation aldrin. We Must tread lightly.” The bug like creature spoke in a professional tone of voice. Holding himself tall keeping both his hands behind his back.

“ what do you suggest we do...Balof!” Aldrin spoke angrily growling his name.

“ We wait. We have small mining operations and almost all of the land. if we do not personally own the small mining operation we certainly know the individuals who own the mines them selfs. They are our only form of information coming from the surrounding countries. although they are very hidden they are able to still capture small bits of information. if this new creature catch’s enough attention. We can receive word from one of the small operations. Which is where you come in aldrin.” Balof finished as he leaned before Forward rolling his hand towards Aldrin.

Aldrin stared angrily at him wondering what he was on about.

Balof smiled slightly at his angered face “You Will need to give word out to the small operations. they seem to have respect for you. it shouldn’t be too difficult. you do still have your communication gems? The same ones that you offered them while recruiting there allegiance to us.”

Aldrin continued to stare angrily at him. “ I’m not going to ask how you know that. But your plan has a slight flaw how will they be able to see or hear any form of information while underground. After all those dogs aren’t the brightest either.” Aldrin stood up straight crossing his arms over his chest looking down at the map once again.

“Why do you take me as a fool. of course I’m not expecting them to do much for relaying information. But it is all that we have until we gather enough resources to send “professional” scouts to find our target. and once they do find it we simply gather the hunters set them out collect your prize...and be gone without a trace. Then you can continue your plan with... well..whatever you want to do with this creature you so desperately desire.” Balof finished as he took a step back from the table.

Everyone stood there for a moment in silence until one other spoke up.

“ What is it you want with this creature why is it so important?” A female voice charm in raising the obvious question everyone was thinking.

Aldrin stared down at the table twisting a gym in his fingers. “I have my reasons you do not need to know...until it is time. You will not question my motives or my actions you will simply do as you’re told if you follow me we will succeed. I WILL SUCCEED HIS EXPECTATIONS!!!” Aldrin yelled angrily as he turned around stomping out of the room slimming the store shut behind.

Author's Note:

Yo y’all doing good?

Licking the story so far?

I thought this foreshadowing was pretty cool

What do y’all think?