• Published 28th Sep 2020
  • 1,974 Views, 19 Comments

Tales of Poofquestria - Nido_King



In the magical land of Equestria, hidden high up in the Foal Mountains, was a small town called Poofquestria, a strange and silly little town with an even stranger and sillier custom...

  • ...
27
 19
 1,974

Founding Day

It was a day of celebration in the town of Poofquestria. For today was the first day of spring, which for this strange, diaper filled town signified the day of the town's initial founding countless moons ago. What had begun as a small commune of ponies seeking a place where they could enjoy their love of poofy diapers in peace had grown into a bustling community of diaper loving folks from just about every corner of Equestria, all brought together by the poofy padding they all wore.

The town had been all done up for the occasion, with colourful streamers, balloons, and banners that read “Poofquestria's Founding Day!” written across them hung up all over town. Rows and rows of tables lined the streets, every one of them covered in a bevy of delicious snacks and treats for everyone to enjoy. Various games and events had been set up around town, such as “Pin The Tail On The Poofy Pony” and “Rump Bump”, a game where two combatants stood rear to rear within a small circle and tried to push the other out of bounds using only their poofy diapered rump.

Everywhere you looked creatures of all kinds from ponies, to griffons, to even a few dragons and more waddled by as the sounds of laughter and merriment filled the air, mixed in with constant crinkling of all the colourful diapers being worn around town. Truly there wasn't a sad face to be found in the entire town for today's celebration.

As the town clock struck three, all sounds briefly died down as everyone in town all gathered around the center of town, the loud blare of a trumpet signalled the start of the Founding Day Parade. Parading through the center of town was a full on marching band of drummers, trumpeters, bagpipers, flute players, tuba players, and many more, all playing the town's anthem in perfect harmony as they all waddled by, making sure to occasionally wiggle their poofy diapers at the cheering crowd as they went.

Behind them followed a wide selection of hoof-built floats for various groups and businesses around town. The local fruit sellers had all dressed up in various fruit costumes and wore diapers covered in designs of or made to look like fruits like pears, oranges, apples, bananas, watermelons, pineapples and so many more.

The next float was for the tailor/dressmakers guild, proudly standing up on platforms and displaying their latest outfits to the crowd. One groups were a mix of mares and stallions all dressed in flowing gowns and dresses that at first seemed tailor maid to hide the diapers they were all wearing, which initially caused confusion to travel through the crowd as the float passed by. Suddenly, as the marching band belted out a high note, all the dress wearing ponies turned their backs to crowd and as one flipped up the trains of their dresses to reveal the custom designed diaper covers they were all wearing, all to uproarious applause from the crowd.

But the most anticipated floats were always the ones by the many diaper shops across town, with the biggest and grandest always belonging to none other than Patty Cakes of Patty's Poofy Posteriors. This year Patty had gone with a royal theme, as several diapered servants fanned Patty with large leaves as she sat upon a throne made entirely of the many brands of diapers she sold, with large stacks of poofy diapers set up all around her.

Stepping down from the throne, Patty gazed across the crowd, the earth pony mare wearing a golden tiara on her head along with a white dress with golden accents across her body. She had even worn a gold coloured diaper cover over her poofy diaper to give herself even more of a royal look. Raising her hoof and waving to crowd for a moment, one of the helper ponies passed her a microphone as a short burst of static from the float's speakers reverberated through the air.

“As your Mistress of All Things Poofy, I decree... free samples for everyone!”

An uproarious cheer filled the air as everpony on the float scooped up diapers scattered around the float and began to happily toss them into the crowd of happy townsfolk, many in the crowd jumping up as they tried to catch the rain diapers falling upon the crowd.

The festivities would continue on through the day and well into the night, with the excitement only finally dying down not long before the sun would rise to welcome the day. Given the isolated location of the town, hidden up in the Foal Mountains, very few outside of the area would even know that any kind of celebration had taken place at all, and that was just how the citizens liked things in their happy little town of Poofquestria.

Comments ( 2 )

YAY new chapter. I'd all but given up this would be continued :twilightsmile:

well this was a fun update, keep it up dude.

Login or register to comment