• Published 12th Sep 2020
  • 1,330 Views, 20 Comments

Sunset: To Equine or Not Too Equine - Sunset_Shimmer83



Sunset and Sci Twi discover that Sunset has human DNA and may not be a pony afterall

  • ...
3
 20
 1,330

More Questions than Answers

“You’re right Twilight, this has to be a mistake? This test says that Princess Twilight's test came back as unknown which makes sense as she’s an alicorn, but I have human DNA? How is this possible? I remember being born a unicorn in Equestria!”
Sunset and Twilight just stared at one another in shock. Sunset stood up suddenly startling Twilight.
“This doesn’t make any sense Twilight, how the hell can I have human DNA? I'm supposed to be a pony...aren’t i?

Twilight stood up and took Sunsets hands in her own.
“I’m not sure, but i’m here for you. We can figure this out together.”

“Thanks Twilight, I really do appreciate it,” Sunset said letting out a sigh.
“Lets head back inside, it’s a bit chilly out, I also kinda want to tell the Princess about this”
Looking towards the pool Sunset saw someone poke their head out the back door, and wave to their friends. Several of them ran inside. As Sunset and Twilight got closer to the house, shouts of ‘fight, fight, fight’ could be heard from inside the house.
Sunset and Twilight looked at one another in alarm, before rushing into the house and pushing their way through the circle of people only to find Rainbow Dash and Indigo Zap rolling around the ground trading blows and clawing at one another.

“Howdy Sugarcube,” Applejack spoke, coming to stand next to Sunset, and Twilight.
“I tried to pull these two apart, but they’re drunker and madder than two cats in a birdhouse. Gonna need a bit of help doin' it tho,” Applejack nodded to Sunny Flare and Lemon Zest.

Sunset shook her head in disbelief, she had explicitly reminded Rainbow earlier not to get drunk and start anything with anyone, and here she was rolling around exchanging punches with Indigo Zap.
Sunset, AJ, Sunny and Lemon moved towards the brawling girls. Sunset and AJ grabbed Rainbow Dash around her arms and waist, who had just rolled Indigo over and had her right hand raised to strike. Seeing Rainbow get hauled off, Indigo sat up ready to continue the battle but got tackled by Lemon, and Sunny.

“Ah, get off me. Let me at her,” yelled Indigo struggling against her friends as she reached out towards her opponent.

Sunset stepped back from Applejack, who didn’t need much assistance in keeping Rainbow from jumping back into the fight.

“Damn it Rainbow, what the hell! I told you not to get piss drunk, and what do you do? You get so wasted that you end up fighting one of your friends!” Sunset growled angrily, glaring at the prismatic haired girl.

Rainbow pointed a free arm at Indigo. “But Sunset, she started it! Not me!”
“LIAR,” Indigo screamed, still trying to get past Lemon. “You know what you did!”

Sunset turned back to glare at Rainbow. “What did you do Rainbow Dash?”

Rainbows expression remained defiant. “I didn’t do anything. Indigo is the one who accused me of being the one who drew moustaches and,” Rainbow let out a girlish laugh. “I did not draw any dick pictures on anything. Although who ever did is fucking genius,” finished Rainbow smiling.

Sunset closed her eyes and face palmed. “Ugh seriously Sugarcoat,” she muttered under her breath.
Sunset turned back towards Indigo, and the other two Crystal Prep students, not noticing Sour Sweet and Sugarcoat pushed their way to the front of the crowd.
“Indigo, Rainbow was telling you the truth! It wasn’t Rainbow who drew a penis on Sour’s family portrait. That was Sugarcoat!”

“I’m sorry Sunset, but did you just say Sugarcoat vandalized half the photos in this house,” demanded Sour loudly, turning her head to glare at the taller silver haired girl next to her.

Sunset whipped around to face the hostess of the party, her eyes catching Sugarcoats nervous eyes, that were frantically darting around for the nearest exit.
“Umm, i mean. Sorry Sugar, it slipped out.”

Chancing a sideways glance at the fould tempered Hostess, Sugarcoat shrugged.
“Well cats outta the bag now, all i can say is…. MOVE IT,” yelled Sugarcoat as she bolted to the right through the crowd. Sour Sweet hot on her heels, yelling and cursing at the fleeing culprit.

“YOU BETTER RUN, AND PRAY TO WHICHEVER GODS YOU WORSHIP SUGARCOAT,” came Sour Sweets shrill voice from down the hall she’d run down chasing after her victim.

Sunset turned back to face Rainbow and Indigo, who by now had calmed down enough that they didn’t need to be restrained. In fact both girls were doubled over in laughter as was half the crowd that had gathered to witness the fight.
“Well now that that’s over. How about you and Rainbow shake hands, apologize to one another, and maybe start cleaning up this mess you both made while you’re at it,” ordered Sunset looking and pointing to the food debris scattered over the floor.

Rainbow and Indigo stood up and mockingly gave Sunset a military style salute, before they both burst out laughing even harder than before.

Sunset let out a growl, but calmed down as she felt a pair of hands rest themselves on both her shoulders. Turning her head she saw the concerned faces of Twilight, and Princess Twilight looking back at her.

“What was all that about?” asked Princess Twilight, her eyes glancing towards Rainbow Dash now with a broom in hand. Applejack stood behind her acting like a prison guard.

Sunset sighed. Oh just Rainbow Dash, acting like Rainbow Dash. I guess Twilight went looking for you Twilight?” Sunset paused, looking between them. “You know this is going to get really confusing, really fast,” muttered Sunset. “Okay Human Twilight, you are now called Twi, and Princess Twilight is just Twilight”
“Anyways I’m glad Twi found you Twilight. There is something strange going on with me! Do you remember how we gave Twi here some blood samples for her experiments on the similarities and differences between talking magical ponies and the equines of this world?” smirked Sunset glancing at Twi who just stuck her tongue out at her in response.

Princess Twilight nodded. “I remember, is everything okay?”

I’m fine, all things considered, but.” Sunset started before being cut off by Twi.

“You’re not fine Sunset,” argued Twi, pulling out her phone to show Twilight.

Princess Twilight quickly scanned the results the lab technicians had sent her counterpart.
“I’m sorry, but I don't fully understand human science, but from what I understand of this. The human scientists say my sample is undetermined, which makes sense, but Sunsets is a blood type called Rh-Negative. Did they make a mistake, shouldn’t Sunset have an undetermined blood type, same as I do? Unless…” Twilight trailed off. Several seconds passed, and as if someone flipped a switch in her brain, Twilight's eyes widened as she came to the same conclusion Sunset and Twi had discovered.

“Yeah, i’m just as shocked and confused as you are Twilight, and no offense Twi, but i was thinking maybe we should get a second opinion,” Sunset glanced around quickly making sure no one but the Twinlights could hear her. “I’d like to get a second opinion back in Equestria. When I was Celestia’s student before you Twilight. I would get regular check ups from the head of Princess Celestia’s medical staff. Dr. Flatline,”

Both Sunset and Twilight caught the look of utter horror on Twi’s face as she heard what the doctor's name was.

“Yeah, not the best name for a Doctor, but he was one of the best in all of Equestria Twi. Despite the awful name. He holds the record for the most number of patients whose lives he helped save. Although it's been years since I've been to see him. I’m not sure if he even still works at the castle,” Sunset asked looking towards the Princess.

Princess Twilight nodded. “Yes Dr. Flatline still works as the head of Celestia’s...well i guess it’s my medical staff now. Honestly even though it’s been several years since Celestia and Luna retired and left me to rule Equestria, it still feels weird.”
Princess Twilight raised her head, looking around before turning back to Sunset and Twi.
“Should we inform the girls about this… ahh new development?”

Sunset glanced around to see if she could spot any of her closest friends, who she now considered family. She had ever since just before the whole Anon a miss drama had taken place, thankfully they had all made amends, and Sunset held no grudge towards the ones responsible for it.
Sunset smiled and waved at Rainbow and Indigo now up on stage, both rocking out on a set of guitars. Fluttershy, to the disbelief of Sunset and the Twinlights was crowd surfing to the impromptu concert.
Rarity and Applejack were swaying slowly to the music, despite it being heavy metal and bass. Pinkie Pie was to no surprise over at the cupcake table, chowing down.
Trixie and Wallflower could be seen jumping around in the mosh pit with Sunny Flare, Lemon Zest and Vinyl Scratch.
“Nah, not tonight Twilight. It is our graduation party afterall! Lets party, besides Canterlot High's valedictorian would love to dance with you Twi, if you are up for it?”

Twi gave a half amused huff.
“You only got to be valedictorian because I transferred in less than two years ago!”

Sunset grinned wickedly at the bespectacled girl.
“You’re cute when you get annoyed, you know that?”

Blushing Twi shook her head, but refused to look Sunset in the eye
“Uh no I’m not,” she spoke quickly, yet placed her hand in the open one Sunset held out for her, as she led her onto the dance floor.

Princess Twilight smiled at what she suspected was love in bloom, between her first student, and her interdimensional twin. Twilight's smile then morphed into a small grimace as her mind shifted to thoughts of just how Sunset could possibly have human DNA, and just what that could mean. Twilight was already formulating a mental list of tasks to complete upon their return to Equestria.
For now, she decided that she would worry about that when the time came. Thankfully both Celestia, and Luna had agreed to raise and lower the sun and moon during Twilight's absence. She had made a Pinkie Pie promise to be there and support her friend, and nopony or anyone broke a Pinkie Pie promise.

Author's Note:

Bad things can happen when people get drunk. don't be like Dash or Zap. be responsible like AJ.
Dash and Zap are still friends after the party.
Chapter three won't be out until september 26th.
Sunset, and both human and Princess Twilight travel to Equestria, to unravel more of this mystery.

Comments ( 9 )

Soooo, is Sour going to peel Sugar like an orange? 'Cuz it sounded like she might.

And our mystery deepens. Hopefully Dr. Flatline's going to have some answers.

Can't wait to see more

10438260
Definitely. Thanks for watching

Okay, I like this, but I need to point out a few things. First: slooooow down. I can tell you don't have a beta reader and I know it's exciting to publish a new chapter, but you have a few very basic grammar and punctuation mistakes here like capital I being a little I and missing period at the end of a sentence.
Second and this is a nitpick for a fanfic but when using real science it's important to get it right RH negative is not a blood type. Blood types are A B AB and O. Overview. Rhesus (Rh) factor is an inherited protein found on the surface of red blood cells. If your blood has the protein, you're Rh positive. If your blood lacks the protein, you're Rh negative. Rh positive is the most common blood type.

When can we expect a new chapter????

10617525
Shortly. I've been very busy with work. But now that the holiday season is over. I should have more time. Thank you for your patience

How does that work? When they go to the human world they become human

Login or register to comment