• Published 2nd Aug 2020
  • 694 Views, 8 Comments

Equestria and the Machine - SapphireRose87



I’m Rainbow Dash and thanks to a powerful AI Machine everything about me changed. I’m not the same Rainbow Dash everyone knew back in Equestria.

  • ...
23
 8
 694

25) So it Begins...

{Rainbow Dash}

After Princess Celestia, Twilight and Magic left Finn was bracing himself on the doorway cracking up big time.

“Did I hear Magic correctly,” said Finn, “or am I delusional and need therapy?”

“Yeah you heard it correctly,” said Oliver, “Kindness wants me to take it on as its connection.”

“And as far as therapy goes,” I said, “I don’t think you want to go to a therapist unless you want to be sent into Phase 2!”

“I didn’t realize you were Kindness material.” Finn said.

“Yup and Laughter were considering you for its connection too!” Loyalty said. “But Rainbow Dash seemed to think you weren’t laughter material.”

Finn got a real kick out of that and so did I. We both laughed at the thought and Loyalty along with Kindness joined in. Finn looked at Oliver and I guess the look on his face said it all because it made him laugh even harder.

“Remember what I told you when we first met Rainbow Dash?” Loyalty asked..

“What?” I said.

“Us elements will connect to the ones that we think fit the bill,” said Loyalty, “and you fit the bill on every single one of us! But for some reason the other element bearers have gone nuts! And we need to find new connections in order for us to do our jobs. I wonder Finn since you like to laugh so much, maybe you could be Laughter’s connection?”

I laughed so hard at Finn’s reaction.

“Don’t you have to laugh fear away in order to be Laughter's connection?” I asked. “Because I don’t think Finn’s capable of that. That was not funny!”

Once again, everyone was back to laughing at every other thing I said.

“Thanks, Loyalty…” Finn said, unsure of what his answer would be.

“It’s okay Finn,” said Loyalty, “just take some time to think about it, okay?”

“So what about you Oliver?” Kindness said.

“You sure you want me to be your connection?” Oliver replied.

“Of course!” Kindness said. “You’re Kindness material that’s for sure! Let’s see you protect Rainbow Dash, you’re helpful to those around you. Even those that are part of the reality of AI…”

As Kindness was ticking off all of Oliver’s good qualities he seemed to be thinking about what his answer would be.

“So?” Kindness said. “What do you say, Oliver? Will you do it?”

Oliver seemed like he made up his mind and his answer took me and Finn by surprise.

Oliver nodded. “Sure! I’ll do it.”

“Yay!” Kindness cheered.

The next thing that happened was just like when I took Kindness on myself. Because Kindness was already broken out of AI he didn’t have to die to meet it. A bright light shined and as quickly as it came it disappeared.

* * *

After Kindness connected itself to Oliver after a while he opened his eyes and shook his head. “That’s going to take some getting used to with Kindness being connected to my magic."

“That’s right!” I said. “Loyalty mentioned something about that when I met it.”

“It’s not much,” said Kindness, “but it’s strong enough for him to be an element's connection.”

“It’s how I have high-level weapons and I make them stronger,” said Oliver, “I can also teleport to different locations through a portal. How do you think I found you so quickly?”

“Hum,” I said, “Loyalty did say you were looking for me after I first woke up. So because of that, it’s possible you would’ve found me before I found you.”

“Actually,” said Loyalty, “you two would’ve found each other at the same time!”

“Huh?” Oliver and I said.

“Did you realize that you were doing partial sonic rain booms when you were escaping AI’s castle?” Loyalty questioned.

“What!” I gasped. “But how is that even possible?”

“We’re not sure about that.” Loyalty said. “But we recorded your magic in the fight and were able to figure out by our magic that’s what was happening! The same thing goes for you Oliver, while you weren’t doing partial sonic rain booms your magic got stronger too! We’re not sure why that happened but we think that your magic started getting stronger after you two were revived from getting hit by a stunner! Oh and Oliver.”

“What?” Oliver said.

“You might want to take a look at what Kindness changed into for you.” Loyalty said.

Oliver and I looked to see that Kindness had felt it best to change into a feather. Once again Finn went into uncontrollable laughter.

“Yeah,” said Loyalty, “you really should think about being Laughter's connection, Finn. You’d be perfect for it!”

Finn stopped laughing after Loyalty said that and his face turned red.

“Kindness, why did you feel that it was best to turn into a feather?” Oliver asked.

“Oh yeah!” Kindness chimed. “You were an owl when you came out of AI. And you protect Rainbow Dash. Rainbow Dash has feathers and you used to have feathers too!”

“I was wondering about that,” I said, “how come you don’t change into an owl on your outside of AI assignments?”

“Because my original form is human,” said Oliver, “and inside AI I’m human. And there’s no way that I’m changing into an owl again if I can help it!”

Finn smiled at me after Oliver became Kindness connection and Oliver and I looked at him with puzzled looks on our faces.

“What’s that look for?” I asked.

“Before I saw Princess Twilight harassing you,” said Finn, “I came here to give you both good news and I needed to give me and the rest of the Founders some confirmation on something.”

I raised an eyebrow. “Are you a Founder also?”

Finn nodded. “Yup! I am, we had a meeting about how to deal with your situation and we were all surprised except me that the elements of harmony could talk. But the good news that I wanted to tell is that you two have both moved in the ranks as far as your jobs go.”

“Say what now?” Oliver said. “Exactly how did I move up?”

“You’ve been successful on ten of your breakout assignments in a row,” Finn said. “You were even successful when breaking out Rainbow Dash!”

“But how?” Oliver said. “A Code was sent to her and it harmed her when I was gone.”

“That was not your fault,” said Finn, “you did everything you could to protect her, you were the first one that alerted us to the code being sent. Everyone else would have cared less about what happened to her. You did everything you could and to add to that, you were protected by escaping into your pocket dimension. Pinkie Pie had every opportunity to use her pocket dimension but chose not to. We know because we reviewed the video footage that came from your pocket dimension. And we did the same thing with Pinkies. We have our ways of finding which agent assisted a person that the seekers were after.”

“So what did I move up to?” I heard the uncertainty in Oliver's voice.

“You went from the six top to the second in your job ranking,” Finn said with a smile.

“I’m afraid to know this information but who’s the number one spot?” Oliver said.

Finn laughed, “It’s Agent Trixie!”

“Wait for a second!” I said. “Did you just say, Trixie? As in The Great and Powerful Trixie?”

“Yup!” Finn said. He nodded “That’s the one!”

“I can’t believe she’s in the number one spot for breakout assignments!” I said. “She’s the idiot that woke up the User Minor back in Equestria! But I guess over time ponies can change. Or at least I hope she did. I don’t want to know what spot I have for my job, that's for sure!”

“Too bad,” said Finn, “because I’m telling you whether you like it or not..”

“If you say I’m the number one spot I swear,” I said, “and no I’m not the definition of the word awesome!”

“You’re just about as bad as Pinkie Pie, Finn!” Loyalty giggled. “At least you’re not a nut case!”

As soon as Loyalty said I guess Finn didn’t realize he was laughing until Loyalty said something. Finn stopped laughing after Loyalty said what it said.

“Nope,” said Finn, “you’re in the same rank as Oliver! I’m not surprised considering you two are engaged right now!”

“Great,” I said rolling my eyes, “that means the only spot left in number one!”

“You want to know who had the number one spot?” Finn said.

“Who?” I said.

“It was Agent Grace before she started calling you Rainbow Crash just to take out a Firewall!” Finn said. “She knows good and well that’s not the job description.”

“So who has it now?” I said.

“It’s Agent Cheerilee,” Finn responded.

“Agent Cheerilee?” I said. “But that was…”

“I know she was your friend Soctaloo’s teacher,” Finn said. “Ever since the AI came into play everything got screwed up!”

“Yeah, I know…” I said. ”Agent Cheerilee can keep the number one spot as far as I’m concerned.”

“Yup!” Loyalty said. “You’re laughter material alright Finn!”

Once again Finn stopped himself from laughing but it looked like he could start laughing again at a moment’s notice. Finally, Finn went from laughing to being serious.

“What the other Founders and I want to confirm with you two,” Finn said. “Honesty told us that you two know who the ruler of AI is?”

“I know who he is alright,” I said, “he’s my son Jude!”

While Finn was somewhat surprised Oliver was not. He nodded his head as if he were agreeing with me.

“How do you know that’s true?” Finn asked.

“Because of the birthmark that he had on his hand,” I said. “I remember touching it and it would light up and that would help him sleep if giving him a bottle didn’t work.”

“Don’t babies usually grow out of birthmarks?” Oliver said.

I shook my head. “Not a birthmark like the one Jude had.”

Finn’s hand lit up and out came what looked like a screen that the creepy white room that I was trained in had. He slid the information back and forth until he found a picture of Jude’s hand with his birthmark on it.

“Did the guy's birthmark look like this by chance?” Finn said.

I nodded. “Yup, he had the same one.”

“Interesting,” said Finn, “but how would a two-year-old become ruler of AI? It doesn’t make any sense.”

“According to Jude babies that are sent out by AI,” I said, “they go from an infant to a young adult in a matter of two years! But with Jude since AI picked him to be its ruler he went from an infant to young adult in a matter of weeks! Judging by your reactions it took me a while to process the information too.”

“Huh,” Finn said. “It’s just one interesting change of events after another.”

“So I’m going to assume this will be classified information?” I said.

Finn nodded. “Oh yes but it’s also considered personal information too. And since it’s your personal information you can do whatever with it. But if you want, you can request for us to put it under lock and key. But if you want certain people to know about it we can relay the information to them for you. Isn’t that right Agent Oliver?”

I snorted and laughed at Oliver’s reaction. He blushed and looked away.

“Isn’t that cute,” laughed Finn, “you told us to tell Agent Grace to relay the information to Rainbow Dash about you destroying the 7th Gate four years ago. Unfortunately, it’s fixed now the same goes for the two gates you did damage to Rainbow Dash! I must say you two make a perfect match for each other! Let me guess you were trying to impress Rainbow Dash weren’t you Agent Oliver?”

Finn snorted and started laughing again and Loyalty just had to tease him about it and I found that pretty comical.

“Okay, okay I’ll stop laughing,” said Finn, “but I can’t make any promises when it comes down to Rainbow Dash and Agent Oliver. I was wondering something else, have you two set a date for the wedding yet?”

Oliver smiled when Finn said that, “I was thinking about it the whole time we were escaping the Castle. I was thinking, how’s about the first thing in the morning?”

“What!” I gasped. I was shocked when I heard that. I was speechless too.

“Judging by the way she sounded,” said Loyalty, “it’s a yes. And yes we elements saw this coming too! I just wish I could tell you what happens in both visions and it concerns Rainbow Dash.”

“I hope I don’t become an Alicorn!” I said. Loyalty just about choked on the words I just said.

“Good thing I can’t tell you!” Loyalty said. “And no ones playing the prank again! Trust me I think all of us elements agree that another Alicorn is not going to be created by us that’s for sure!”

“So how is it possible for us to have a wedding first thing in the morning?” I questioned.

“When we got out of the castle,” said Oliver, “I contacted Agent Rarity as soon as possible. And everything’s been taken care of.”

“Yes, I wish I could eat something!” Loyalty said.

“Why’s that?” Oliver said.

“Because this is going to be another good show!” Loyalty said. “As everyone would say, where's the popcorn when you need it! And there’s not going to be a dry eye in the building and even though I wish I could eat; I’m just glad I can’t cry!”

Good thing they’re not laughing at me! I still don’t think I’m funny!

* * *

{Jude}

It was a week after Rainbow Dash and Agent Oliver had gotten married and I was watching the computers with joy. First Mother was overjoyed to find out that me and Servant Ivy were a couple now so Servant Ivy had the word servant taken off her name because of it. Ivy was happy that I was happy watching Rainbow Dash and Agent Oliver fight the Firewalls together; those two made a wonderful team when they're fighting. At least Rainbow Dash didn’t have to worry about her teammates getting her and her other teammates killed on the job.

Of course I would send Firewall Eli to fight Rainbow Dash every once in a while. For now, First Mother wasn’t pushing me to kill Rainbow Dash because AI didn’t see her as a threat for the time being and that was fine by me. I bet Ivy was also glad now that Servant Charlie was the one getting the annoyed looks from me and not her. Today was no different as Ivy and I were watching another entertaining fight between Rainbow Dash and Firewall Eli. They heard Servant Charlie clear his throat to get my attention.

I turned around and gave Servant Charlie an annoyed look, “Yes Servant Charlie?”

“Your Highness you’re being summoned to the Motherboard.” Servant Charlie said.

I groaned. “Again? That’s the fifth time this week! What is it for this time?”

Servant Charlie slowly exhaled, “It’s Life Force Princess Twilight again! She’s requesting another audience with you.”

“The spoiled brat again!” I growled. “I keep telling her the same thing over and over again. She needs to go back to the Sixth and continue to be a double agent! I don’t know why she’s not listening.”

“Her reason for the audience request this time is she wants to be a co-ruler with you.” Servant Charlie said.

“What!” I gasped. “There’s no way that’s going to happen!”

“The Mothers agree with you on that one,” said Servant Charlie, “it seems that Life Force Princess Twilight is going out of control and the Mothers might have to deal with instead sending her back to the Sixth, that's the information that the Mothers wanted me to relay to you.”

As soon as Servant Charlie relayed his information from the Mothers the main computer in the room lit up.

“Life Force Princess Twilight’s request for co rulership,” the computer said, “is denied! AI does not want another ruler except Lord Jude’s wife to rule along with him. Lord Jude should consider Life Force Princess Twilight a threat to AI!”

I smiled, “Well that says it, I hope I don’t have to kill her because I don’t like killing people! It’s just an annoying part of the job! Anyway, inform the First Mother that I’m on my way.”

“Yes, your highness…” Servant Charlie said. He bowed to me and went to do as he was told.

After Servant Charlie left I kissed Ivy.

“So what’s going to happen to her?” Ivy said out of curiosity.

“I know what that look is for,” I said, “and I’m curious about what I need to do with her too. I hate that stupid cape that I have to wear.”

Ivy and I laughed at that thought. I rolled my eyes as I grabbed the cape so I could go deal with this new problem.

* * *

{Rainbow Dash}

It was three weeks after the wedding and the team that I was on to breakout Emily was summoned back to Samantha’s realm. When we got here Samantha had a sad look on her face.

“I’m sorry to tell you that the trigger responses didn’t work on Emily,” Samantha said. “Yes, Oliver I knew you had a feeling that this might happen which is exactly why you’re in the number two spot for breakouts. Everyone on this assignment passed it. I’m just happy everyone was looking out for each other especially after the whole Roman situation Gilda!”

Gilda didn’t say anything, she just looked down at the floor and I had no idea why.

“True Oliver and Rainbow Dash got taken by the seekers,” said Samantha, “but there’s nothing that an agent can do, especially if a remote is used to pause agents too. And on top of that, a stunner was used! So the seekers were dead set on taking Oliver and Rainbow Dash at all costs! If you two want to tell your teammates why the seekers took you, that's up to you. You two are the perfect match for each other considering you both did damage to the gates. Although Rainbow Dash did a lot of damage to two gates so I think she one-upped you on that one Oliver!”

“Yeah, there’s no way anyone can one-up Rainbow Dash!” Gilda chuckled.

“If you say that line that everyone’s been saying about me one more time…” I said.

I’m not gonna say give me a break or stop laughing because it makes them laugh even harder!

“I know Rainbow Dash,” said Samantha, “but down to business, since Oliver and Rainbow Dash are married they will be on the same six-man squad together as for the rest of you, you will all be assigned to different teams. So I will talk to each one of you individually tomorrow. So go take a break and I will summon you. That is all.”

* * *

The next day Oliver and I reported to Samantha’s realm for our next breakout assignment. Oliver got a kick out of who we were assigned to break out this time. We were assisted to break out a person that changed into a Zebra and it was at the same Zoo that Oliver was in before he got broken out. Of course, I would have to go fight the Firewalls for my outside of AI assignment. I’m pretty sure Jude was very entertained when I would fight Eli and Eli still got on my nerves with the whole ‘if you value your lives turn back now’ line. He said it every single time even though he knew I wasn’t going to turn back even if he had a Copper on him. Of course, he just had to keep calling me Loyalty and that would make me chomp down on his attack so I could declare myself Rainbow Dash!

It’s funny though that the Zebra that we needed to break out of the Zoo called him shy Sami and his real name was Mason. It was also funny that Oliver and I got paired up with The Great and Powerful Agent Trixie! Yeah Oliver and I laughed every time Agent Trixie would call herself The Great and Powerful right before she said her codename. We’re just thankful that she doesn’t say Trixie at the end of her sentence.

I think I was given a better codename this time. My codename was Lila and Oliver’s codename now is Caleb on this assignment. One day when we were on our lunch break it just so happened that we were drinking coffee of all things to go with our lunch. Why Oliver picked today to drink coffee with his lunch I didn't have a clue. I wondered if maybe it was the anniversary of the first time he started asking me for a coffee date at work.

I decided to play a prank on Oliver and I had perfect timing for it too. “You want to know something Caleb?”

“What Lila?” Oliver said.

“Remember when you first started asking me for a coffee date?” I said stifling a laugh. Right when I said that Oliver had taken a drink of his coffee and he spit it out and I jumped out of the way just in time for it to hit Agent Trixie instead of me.

“Hey!” Agent Trixie said. “The Great and Powerful Mila will have payback for that Caleb!”

One of our co-workers Josh did a facepalm and groaned. “Seriously Mila! Do you have to say The Great and Powerful at the beginning of your name all the time?”

“Well,” I laughed, “you finally got your coffee date, Caleb!”

“You did say we had coffee in the break room all the time!” Oliver chuckled.

Agent Trixie looked at us and smiled, she knew the whole coffee date story because it was going around the Sixth and everyone found it adorable of course.

“The Great and Powerful Mila,” said Agent Trixie, “finds the coffee date between Caleb and Lila adorable!”

Oliver did a facepalm and groaned next, “Seriously, yeah I know you heard of how we first met, but I don't think this counts as a date considering it’s a lunch break!”

Josh smiled and cracked up, “Let me guess your first date was with coffee?”

“It’s a long story…” I said.

After we got done with our lunch break, Oliver and I went back to taking care of shy Sami the Zebra. I was trying to figure out how we would know if he was going to be sent into Phase 2.

“So how do we know if the trigger responses are working?” I said.

“If he starts acting stranger than usual,” Oliver said.

“Any more ideas?” I asked.

“Well, he did seem to like the beer we gave him yesterday,” Oliver said. “The guy that broke me out fed me a cheeseburger!”

I couldn’t help it and it was a good thing I was leaning up against the wall because I went into uncontrollable laughter.

“Yeah,” said Oliver, “the Founders gave the guy the go-ahead to do so.”

“Just like when Finn gave you the go-ahead to kiss me,” I said. “Did the guy have feelings for you also?”

Oliver deadpanned, “Yup, you guessed it! I turned him down politely!”

“Wow,” I said, “at least Clara didn’t kiss me. Yeah, I don’t think that would’ve worked. And once again half of the workers at the Zoo have feelings for me! At least Abigail's not here to start that pet name Loyalty again!”

“I’m just glad that I don’t have the other half of the workers that like me this time,” Oliver said.

“Very funny!” I said after rolling my eyes.

“I’m trying so hard not to laugh at every other thing you say,” said Oliver, “but I can’t help myself sometimes and everyone that has feelings for you feels the same way!”

* * *

The next night Oliver and I had finished our shift at the Zoo and were headed back to where we were staying when we saw who I call the demon Firewall Molly.

“It’s nice to see you again!” Firewall Molly said with a wicked grin.

“Well if it isn’t the demon Firewall!” I taunted.

“I do believe that my title is Firewall Molly!” Firewall Molly snapped.

“No, I'll shorten it for the title demon instead,” I said, “what are you doing here?”

“Oh, I was just sent to make sure you don’t free all the animals in the Lord's Zoo!” Firewall Molly said.

“Yeah, yeah whatever,” I said, “and if you say the whole turn back now line I swear..”

“Nah,” said Firewall Molly, “I don’t like taunting you as much as Firewall Eli does! I just want to do some pest control!”

“Pest control!” I said.

“Oh boy!” Firewall Molly said. “Let’s just cut the dialogue and fight already and why the Lord hasn’t given me the Copper yet is beyond me!”

The fight started when Oliver took one of his shields out and chucked at her. It came very close to hitting its mark when Firewall Molly jumped out of the way just in time. After I threw one of my daggers that hit its mark along with Oliver’s next attack because he used his magic to create a portal to slip his attack through along with my dagger.

A couple of times my partial sonic rain booms came out and Oliver assisted them with his magic again. I was about to throw another attack when I heard Loyalty’s frantic voice inside my head.

Rainbow Dash! Loyalty said. I could tell Loyalty was trying to keep itself calm.

What’s up Loyalty? I said If you’re contacting me now, something big must be going down!

Something big, said Loyalty, has already started going down right after you two got married! Thankfully Finn has taken on Laughter as its connection at least!

I was trying so hard not to laugh at what Loyalty just said.

So who do we need connections with for now? I said.

Honesty and Magic, said Loyalty, I know Generosity did agree to take Honesty in but Honesty decided to go with Magic to the ‘magic realm’, hopefully, the bad vision won’t come true but if we can’t find good connections for Honesty and Magic then there’s no way the good vision will come true! But I’m still hopeful, what I’m panicking about is Pinkie Pie along with Princess Twilight are working for AI now!

That doesn’t surprise me at all!.

I know, Loyalty said, but Princess Twilight keeps requesting that Lord Jude be a co-ruler with her!

What! Has Princess Twilight lost her mind? I said.

Yeah, she has lost her mind alright, Loyalty said. Lord Jude is thinking about killing her and we elements are afraid of that bad vision that we saw starting to happen!

What are you talking about?

I can’t tell you but it’s horrible! Loyalty said. But maybe Lord Jude will kill Princess Twilight that’s all I can say, oh and you’re needed in the fight now!

Gee thanks Loyalty! I said.

“Hello!” Oliver shouted. “Would you stop daydreaming already! Yes, I know what’s going on…”

“Let me guess, Kindness told you?” I said.

“Yup,” said Oliver, “and we can worry about this later. Let’s just finish the fight already!”

“You got it!” I said.

As I was fighting Firewall Molly along with Oliver I kept thinking that something big is coming around the corner especially if Loyalty and other elements of harmony are starting to think the bad vision they saw of the future is already beginning.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment