• Published 2nd Aug 2020
  • 694 Views, 8 Comments

Equestria and the Machine - SapphireRose87



I’m Rainbow Dash and thanks to a powerful AI Machine everything about me changed. I’m not the same Rainbow Dash everyone knew back in Equestria.

  • ...
23
 8
 694

23) Urgent Meeting!

{Finn}

When the Founders of the Sixth have a meeting a lot of times it’s because of receiving information that is of great importance. Princess Twilight didn’t build the Sixth so wasn’t considered a Founder of it. The only thing she did to help the Sixth was place location and that was it. So when it comes down to meetings that the Founders have the information that is talked about is kept under lock and key unless it’s also considered personal information the Sixth does not censor agents on those matters. Since I was a Founder of the Sixth I was always present at the meetings that the Founders would have.

I often wondered why Agent Oliver requested his information of him destroying the 7th Gate from practically everyone, even Pinkie Pie. But I didn’t blame him for keeping that information from Pinkie Pie because she’d probably want to keep him on lockdown and throw an engagement party and not take no for an answer just like she did with Rainbow Dash. I still felt sorry for Rainbow Dash that Pinkie did that and everyone took her side and didn’t even bother to hear Rainbow Dash’s said elf the matter on top of that.

It was very funny to me that when Agent Oliver got assigned to break Rainbow Dash out of the Machine he fell in love with her. It took everyone by surprise including me when Agent Oliver and Rainbow Dash announced their engagement! I sure didn’t see that one coming. But their Predictor Samantha did see it coming. That's not a surprise because part of her magic was to be able to see the future and read people’s thoughts.

The main reason why Princess Twilight and I broke up is that I was not able to tell her the information that the meetings of the Founders would discuss. The rule for that is the Founders were not able to relay the information that was not personal to family or friends. That was to protect the Sixth and the Sixth’s agents. I had no problem following that rule, especially because like the elements of harmony I take my job of being a Founder of the Sixth very seriously. Agent Oliver and Rainbow Dash do the same thing. It was funny to me that Agent Oliver specifically requested that the information on him destroying the 7th Gate be given to Rainbow Dash's team captain and relayed to her. I had suspected that it was to impress Rainbow Dash. I wasn’t sure that it worked because according to the information on Rainbow Dash that the Sixth had received, she had done damage to gates four and five of AI. But Rainbow Dash and Agent Oliver finally got together in the end.

When I dated Princess Twilight she often told me that since she was my girlfriend that she should know the information that the Founders would discuss and my answer would be no every single time. Her whining started to get old and annoyed me so I was getting ready to break up with her but to my surprise, Princess Twilight broke up with me first. Her breaking up with me was perfectly okay with me.

The main reason why the Founders of the Sixth were getting ready to have a meeting this time was because of an emergency meeting. Agent Rarity and the rest of Rainbow Dash and Agent Oliver’s team had just informed me and the other Founders that Rainbow Dash and Agent Oliver had been taken by the seekers. The rest of the team suspected that the Machine's remote was used to pause them along with the rest of the reality that they were in. The main reason is that they weren’t able to move for a while when the world paused themselves. Once the world paused they couldn’t do a thing to help Agent Oliver or Rainbow Dash. They confirmed that those two had been taken by the markings on the ground where Agent Oliver and Rainbow Dash had been taken. They also discovered burn marks next to the remote markings that indicated that a stunner had been used on them in the process!

They also informed me that Rainbow Dash was a double bearer of the elements of Loyalty and Kindness. But when a stunner was used on Rainbow Dash, Kindness and Loyalty wouldn’t have been able to protect Rainbow Dash even with their powers combined. They can use a little bit of their magic to help protect her but in no way shape or form would it be enough to help Agent Oliver and Rainbow Dash get away from a stunner.

Loyalty and Kindness along with the other elements of harmony recorded what happened and came to a conclusion that Kindness and Loyalty wouldn't have been able to protect them unless all six elements of harmony were present. Even though Rainbow Dash was a double bearer of the elements of harmony along with Agent Rarity, all six of the elements of harmony were not able to be present to defeat the seekers. I knew for a fact that for some reason Princess Twilight was keeping herself away from the Sixth ever since she found out about Rainbow Dash and Agent Rarity being sent out on a breakout assignment. Why Princess Twilight would do such a thing I had no idea, one would think that with Princess Twilight being the Princess on Friendship that she would want to do everything within her power to protect her friends.

I didn’t blame the rest of Agent Oliver and Rainbow Dash’s team for not being able to protect them from the seekers but he wasn’t sure that if the seekers are dead set on taking someone that they would’ve been able to protect them. That’s especially when the remote and stunners were used to take Rainbow Dash and Agent Oliver at all costs. Why the seekers would decide that now was the right time to strike no one knew the answer. Since the Founders of the Sixth decided that an emergency meeting needed to be held to figure out how to handle the situation every time a meeting took place, the head of the meeting was chosen and it was always one of the Founders since most of the time no one else was allowed in. But since this meeting involved the rest of Agent Oliver and Rainbow Dash’s team they were also allowed in. This time the head of the meeting the Founders had chosen me for the job.

When I was getting ready to walk into the meeting I ran into Princess Twilight. I wasn’t surprised that this would happen because somehow Princess Twilight knew when the Founders would have a meeting and she was always excited to see me. I walked past Princess Twilight; I gave her a short bow and was getting ready to ready away when Princess Twilight stopped me.

“So what’s the meeting about this time?” Princess Twilight said with excitement.

I exhaled slowly, “You know for a fact that meetings that the Founders hold are none of your business! And I wouldn’t tell you even if you begged, pleaded or held your breath until you turned blue!”

“But I saw Agent Rarity, Agent Diamond Tiara, Agent Levi and Gilda go in there!” Princess Twilight whined. “And I know for a fact that’s Rainbow Dash’s six-man squad for breakout assignments! So if it’s concerning Rainbow Dash since I am her friend I should be allowed to be in there!”

“No, you can't be in there,” I said, “just because you’re Rainbow Dash’s friend this matter has nothing to do with you! And I doubt her teammates would tell you anything! And you know good and well that what the Founders discuss is not allowed to be told to family or friends unless it’s considered personal information. Even if her teammates would consider this personal I doubt they would tell you.”

“But why wouldn’t they tell me?” Princess Twilight said. “I’m their friend and the Princess of Friendship too.”

I exhaled slowly again, “Just because you’re their friend doesn’t mean they have to tell you everything! Honestly Princess, you act like you’re entitled to stuff just because you’re a princess! To tell you the truth, I’m glad you broke up with me when you did. I was ready to break up with you myself. Now if you’ll excuse me, I have a meeting to go to! And if I were you I wouldn’t hang around just to bug everyone. And no I won’t see you around.”

* * *

“Quiet!” I said, knocking my fist on the podium. “I know everyone’s panicked right now but we need to hear the information that Agent Oliver and Rainbow Dash’s team have discovered.”

“Please,” said Naomi, “go ahead and speak Agent Rarity.”

Agent Rarity shook her head and smiled, “I won’t be doing the talking. My elements of harmony will be doing the talking.”

All the Founders except me and the rest of Rainbow Dash and Agent Oliver’s team gasped in surprise.

“I know,” I said, “it came as a surprise to me when Loyalty first spoke to me!”

“I’m just sorry I wasn’t there to see that,” said another founder, “but just because we’re dating doesn’t mean I have to follow you around everywhere!”

“We know that Mabel!” Naomi said, rolling her eyes.

When Mabel said that I felt my face turn red along with hers and everyone laughed at that.

“Just don’t start being like Princess Twilight,” I said.

“Yeah I know,” said Mabel, “good thing this room is soundproof and as a magic barrier that not even an Alicorn’s magic can get through!”

“I totally agree with that one!” Another founder said.

“Yup!” Mabel said.

“Wow,” Agent Gilda said sarcastically, “two founders of the Sixth dating each other! What a shocker!”

“Now if you please,” said Agent Rarity, “Honesty and Generosity have some information they need to relay to us!”

“Yes,” said Generosity, “thank you very much Rarity! It’s true the connection for Honesty and the connection for Kindness are now dead! No, we don’t know how they were killed. We can sense it because when a bearer dies that element can’t reconnect or find its magic at all. And the reason why no one’s heard us talk before is that most of the time we only talk to our connections.”

“Yeah!” Honesty said. “Loyalty thinks we’re stuck up for doing that. But Loyalty is like that with everyone. We don't have any clue as to why it does that!”

“Yup,” said Generosity, “no one can figure that nut Loyalty out just like no one can figure that knucklehead Pinkie Pie out! She might be Laughter's connection but she thinks everyone wants to be her friend! Loyalty’s not that stupid. And it didn’t play a prank on us as Magic did!”

“Huh?” Mabel said. “What do you mean by that Generosity?”

“It’s a long story…” Generosity said. “And we don’t have time for storytelling right now!”

“It’s okay,” I said, “Loyalty told me the story!”

“Yeah we know,” said Honesty, “and I do believe that Loyalty also told you that Applejack’s been lying big time!”

Everyone except me gasped this time.

“I had been trying to reason with her,” said Honesty, “but she was a knucklehead like Pinkie Pie! And Kindness did the same thing with Fluttershy! It’s like elements of harmony bearers have gone completely nuts! And we’re not sure if that’s due to being stuck inside the Machine. But Applejack wasn’t stuck inside the Machine in the first place and the same goes for Fluttershy!”

“That’s news to me!” I said in surprise. “Our records show that they were both stuck inside the Machine! And for the same amount of time that Rainbow Dash was!”

“No,” said Honesty, “she altered her records to make it look like she had been stuck inside the Machine!”

“Actually,” said another founder, “Agent Applejack-78’s Predictor number two had informed me about that but since it was my word against hers there’s no way anyone would believe us.”

“That’s the same thing I thought when Rainbow Dash told me about Agent Applejack’s story about when Agent Applejack helped her when Code Silas assaulted her!” I said. “Of course I believed Agent Applejack over her because she was the element of honesty.”

“But how would Agent Applejack be able to alter her records?” Naomi said. “No agent can do that once they’ve accessed the blood barrier!”

Honesty let out what everyone heard was a long sigh, “She altered her records before she came to the Sixth! Her element was not kidnapped by the Machine! The same thing went for Kindness and Magic! The only ones that had been kidnapped were Laughter, Generosity and Loyalty. I’m not so sure that Pinkie Pie lost her personality even when she was stuck inside! She was a nut even back in Equestria!”

“No kidding!” Generosity said. “That stupid engagement party for Rainbow Dash! I mean what on earth was that pony thinking? Good thing Oliver didn’t do that.”

“Yeah, he’s not stupid like Pinkie Pie was!” Honesty said. “And she still can’t take no for an answer! She thinks that Rainbow Dash along with Oliver wants to include her in their engagement so they can become ‘herd’ and trust me, they have no intention of doing that.”

“I wouldn’t want that nut in my family either!” Generosity said. “I feel sorry for the ones that are actually related to her!”

Everyone couldn’t help but laugh because they knew it was true, even Generosity and Honesty laughed along with everyone.

“Anyway,” said Honesty, “I’ve received word from Kindness that Oliver and he’s already starting to break out of his room!”

I raised an eyebrow, “Room? Why isn’t he in dungeon?”

“We don’t know and Rainbow Dash is in a room along with Oliver!” Honesty said. “Oh Rainbow Dash knows who the ruler of the Machine is!”

“What?” Everyone gasped. Rainbow Dash knowing who the ruler of the Machine is was news to me and her team also.

“How do you know this?” Agent Gilda said.

“Kindness and Loyalty saw her talking to him themselves!” Honesty said. “Of course we already knew who he was in the first place!”

“Seriously Honesty!” Generosity said. “I don’t know why we told you that information. Good thing we kept it a secret from Laughter and Magic!”

Agent Rarity said, “Why would you keep that a secret from them?”

“Because Magic is getting ready to go silent to it’s connection Princess Twilight,” said Generosity, “and Laughter has already gone silent to Pinkie Pie! They suspect they’ve both turned evil!”

Everyone gasped at that information except me because it didn't surprise me at all.

“It’s probably true,” I said, “the way Princess Twilight reacted when she saw Loyalty makes me suspicious of that.”

“And sorry for telling you guys about the ruler of the Machine thing,” said Honesty, “it was a slip of the stone! My bad! It won’t happen again.”

If Generosity had eyes it would have no problem rolling them. Or at least that's what it sounded like in its tone of voice. “Yeah Honesty, you need to keep your stone shut when it’s needed and that was the time for it! Anyway, we’ve been informed by Loyalty itself that Loyalty will be waking Rainbow Dash up very soon.”

“Wait a minute,” said Honesty, “Loyalty just told me she’s already woken Rainbow Dash up and she’s starting her breakout too!”

“So what should we do?” Agent Gilda said. “Should we go help them out?”

“Honestly,” said Honesty then laughed at saying that, “I just said honestly, Generosity and I along with the other elements think that we should let Oliver and Rainbow Dash break out on their own! We think that it would be best if we just wait for them to contact you! But that’s up to you.”

“I’m in favor of that one!” Agent Gilda agreed.

“Everyone that’s in favor of that, say ‘aye!’ I said.

Everyone in the room said the word ‘aye’ in agreement.

After that everyone considered the meeting to be closed.