• Published 24th Jul 2020
  • 218 Views, 2 Comments

Equestria Girls: Sonata's Moonlight - Blackbird2



When Sonata meets a girl at work, sparks begin to fly. The only problem is that she's already her sister's boyfriend's girlfriend. What is a former siren to do?

  • ...
 2
 218

Fun At The Mall

Equestria Girls: Sonata’s Moonlight

Chapter 2: Fun At The Mall

The next few days after their argument, Sonata did everything she could to avoid seeing or talking to Aria. Which wasn’t easy considering they lived in a one room studio apartment and worked together. But surprisingly, Sonata could be quite devious when she put her mind to it. She made sure to get shifts that limited their interaction either at work or in the apartment and those times when they did work together, she made sure their duties kept them as far apart as possible.

Of course, it was much harder at night since the two did share a bed. At first Sonata tried sleeping on the couch, but that quickly became uncomfortable. So, she did the only logical thing; she scrounged up what little money she did have at the time, went to the store to pick up two cheap body length pillows and set them down on the middle of the bed as a makeshift wall between her and Aria.

A situation that Aria was not at all fond of.

“This is so stupid,” she muttered as she tried to get comfortable on her side of the “wall”.

After a few seconds of tossing and turning, she grew frustrated at being unable to find a comfortable spot in the even more cramped bed space.

“Ugh. Look Sonata-” she started as she turned around only to stop when she was met with the wall again.

She let out a frustrated growl before she sat up, grabbed the two pillows and chucked them over onto Adagio’s bed.

“Hey, what the hell?!” the big haired siren shrieked in confusion and annoyance.

“Shut up!” Aria snapped then glared down at Sonata in the dark.

She could just make out Sonata’s form lying perfectly still on her left side to face away from her.

“I know you’re not asleep because you’re not snoring like a chainsaw,” she pointed out.

This was immediately followed by loud, obviously fake snoring.

“Knock it off!” Aria demanded as she gave Sonata’s ear a slight tug.

“Ow!” the blue girl cried out, finally breaking her pretense.

“There. Good,” the older sister sighed before she flopped back down onto the bed. “Now let’s talk.”

“Don’t wanna,” Sonata mumbled in a muffled voice.

“ARGH! What is your problem?!” Aria growled, bolting up in the bed again.

“My problem?! My problem?!” the younger sister snapped as she also sat up and finally faced her. “You’re the one with the problem! You just hate me and don’t want me to be happy!”

The accusation hit Aria far harder than she ever would have imagined. Even though she couldn’t quite see it in the darkness, she could feel Sonata’s angry glare cutting through her like a knife. Her shoulders sagged a bit as her head fell a bit.

“I don’t hate you,” she confessed. “You just annoy me sometimes. Like, most of the time.”

Sonata’s expression softened ever so slightly, but she still kept her eyes focused directly on her sister’s face as she crossed her arms over her chest.

“That’s not helping much,” she remarked.

Aria refrained herself from rolling her eyes and making some kind of snarky comment. Unfortunately, Sonata was right and that wasn’t helping right now.

“The point is,” she continued with only a slight annoyed tone, “we’re family and family does nothing but annoy each other. But that doesn’t mean we don’t care for each other. You annoy me Sonata, but I don’t hate you.”

“Then why don’t you want me to be happy?” Sonata asked, her voice almost pleading at this point.

“I do want you to be happy!” Aria spat out in annoyance and threw her hands into the air. “It’s just this whole situation is so weird I don’t know how to process it!”

“But why do you have to?!” she asked again. “Why can’t we just see what happens before you yell and scream?”

“Because...because...” the lavender skinned girl stuttered.

“Because...?” her sister pressed.

“BECAUSE I DON’T KNOW HOW TO REACT ANY OTHER WAY, OKAY?!?!” Aria finally confessed as she shot up in the bed again and stared Sonata right in the eyes.

The small apartment grew deathly quiet as the two stared at each other in the extremely dim light. Eventually Aria’s expression faded, and she hung her head, letting her loose hair obscure her face even more.

“All of this...being emotional stuff is new to me,” she said with a sigh. “So, yeah, I freaked out at the idea of you dating my friend. Who is also my boyfriend’s girlfriend. The whole situation is just...complicated. And I just didn’t want it to be more complicated. But if you really want to give it a try with her, then go ahead. We’ll worry about the rest later I guess.”

A wide, beaming smile spread across Sonata’s face as her eyes shined brightly even in the darkness of the room. She let out an excited squeal before she pulled her sister into a tight, loving hug.

“Oh, thank you Aria! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!” she cheered, seemingly already over the grudge she had been holding.

“Yeah, yeah, whatever,” Aria grumbled even as she gave a weak hug in return. But she then quickly pulled Sonata way from her. “Just let me go!”

“Awww, how adorable,” Adagio’s voice called out from her bed. “I’m so glad you two have worked things out. Now here, you forgot a few things!”

And suddenly they were both bombarded by the body pillows that Aria had tossed towards Adagio just a few minutes ago.

“Ow! Hey! Watch it!” Aria threatened her.

You started it!” Adagio shot back.

“Oooh! I know! Pillow fight!” Sonata suggested, holding up the pillow that had hit her.

“NO!!” both her older sisters screamed together.

“Awww, I never get to have any fun!” she whined.

( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( )

With the conflict between herself and Aria finally resolved, Sonata spent the rest of the week bouncing back and forth between being excited and nervous for her date with Moonie. It didn’t help that she had completely forgotten that she had to work day shift on Saturday and the second her shift ended, she raced up the stairs to get ready. She quickly rummaged through the small selection of clothes she had and grabbed what she thought worked best before she darted into the bathroom to take a shower. About thirty minutes later she reemerged from the bathroom and stood in front of the couch to show off her outfit to Aria.

“What do you think?” she asked, holding her arms out for inspection.

Aria glanced up from the show she had been watching to give Sonata a half-hearted lookover.

“I think you’re just wearing your Battle of the Bands outfit,” she remarked.

“It’s the only thing I have that feels fancy enough for a date!” Sonata admitted. “Also have you seen my boots for this outfit?”

“How do you lose something in an apartment this small?”

“I dunno! How do you lose anything?!”

Aria rolled her eyes.

“Have you checked under the bed?” she suggested.

“Oh, good idea! Thanks Aria!” Sonata smiled before she practically dove towards the bed.

As she rooted around the surprising amount of junk under the bed, a soft knock was heard on the front door which caused her jump up a bit in surprise. That in turn caused her to smack her head against the bottom of the bed.

“Ow!” she called out, rubbing her now sore head. She then carefully slid out from under the bed and gave her sister a pleading look. “Aria can you please answer the door for me!”

Aria let out an annoyed sighed and rolled her eyes but turned and made her way towards the door anyway.

“Thank you!” Sonata called out before she ducked under the bed again to continue to look for her wayward boots.

Her sister grumbled again as she opened the door. When she did, she was a bit surprised at what she found on the other side. It turned out Sonata wasn’t the only one who wanted to dress up a bit for the date. Moonie was wearing a red dress with a plunging neckline and a black leather jacket over top of if it along with black, knee high boots.

“Uh, hey,” Aria stammered a bit, taken aback a bit by her friend’s new fashion choice.

“Hi,” Moonie greeted cheerfully. “Is Sonata ready to go?”

“Almost!” Sonata’s voice called out from under the bed. “I can see my boots, but I can’t reach them. Aria can you help me?”
For what felt like the hundredth time that night, Aria let out an annoyed sigh before she walked over to the bed and yanked it upwards, seemingly reminding Sonata that it was designed to fold back up into the wall. Sonata blushed in embarrassment but then quickly grabbed her boots and moved slipped them on right there on the floor. She straightened out her skirt before she turned around to actually greet Moonie. And just like Aria, she was caught off guard by what she saw.

“Oh wow! You look amazing!” she exclaimed.

Moonie’s cheeks turned as red as her dress.

“Thanks, but I think everyone’s making too big a deal out of it. I don’t look that much different,” she said sheepishly.

“Of course you do! You’re dressed up! We all look different like that! Plus, there’s something else I can’t put my finger on,” Sonata muttered, tapping her chin.

“It’s the jacket,” Aria stated flatly as she let the bed fall back onto the floor.

“Oh yeah that’s it!” Sonata said, snapping her fingers.

“Does it really make that much of a difference?” Moonie asked and tugged on the jacket it a bit.

“Just doesn’t seem like your style,” Aria remarked. “In fact, isn’t that Blackbird’s Southside Serpents jacket?”

“Southside Serpents?” Sonata asked in confusion.

“It’s a thing from a stupid show he watched,” her sister scoffed.

“It’s not stupid!” Moonie protested. “It’s weird but it’s still engaging and fun in its own unique way.”

“Oh you just like it for all the hot guys,” Aria accused.

Again, Moonie blushed. “It’s not...just that.” She then straightened the jacket it again. “But, yeah, this is his jacket. He said it’d ‘complete the look’.”

“Of course he did,” the other girl sighed. “The worst part is he’s right.”

“Yeah he is!” Sonata chimed in as she moved over to Moonie. “You look great!”

“Thanks!” Moonie beamed. “You look good too.”

This time it was Sonata’s turn to blush.

“You think so? I mean this outfit is kind of old so...” she admitted.

“Doesn’t matter. It really works for you,” Moonie complimented again.

“Awww thanks!” Sonata smiled and blushed again.

“Ugh. Okay you two need to take that outside,” Aria grumbled.

“Jealous,” Sonata taunted and stuck her tongue out at her sister.

“She’s right though,” Moonie spoke up as she checked her phone. “We need to get going if we’re going to make the movie.”

“Oh, okay! Let’s go then!” the other blue girl said excited then snaked her arm around Moonie’s and led her out the door. “See ya, Aria!”

“Yeah, see you!” Moonie waved to her friend.

“Yeah, yeah,” Aria grumbled with a half-hearted wave.

( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( )

Once they arrived at Canterlot Mall, they quickly made their way to the theater where they picked up two tickets to the new romantic comedy “Strange Bedfellows”. Despite not being there an hour early, they still found their way towards the middle isle to have the “best seats”. Almost as soon as they sat down, Sonata wrapped her arms around Moonie’s and rested her head on her shoulder. Naturally, Moonie was taken by surprise by this action, but didn’t mind it. In fact, she smiled and leaned her head against Sonata’s as they waited for the trailers to start.

Once the movie itself started, they settled in closer to each other. They laughed at the ridiculously cheesy jokes, fawned over the romantic moments and even tear upped a bit at the some of the more emotional scenes. During one of which they, they laced their fingers together and squeezed each other’s hands. Although there was a fairly decent sized crowd in the theater, at that moment they felt like they were the only ones there.

When the movie ended, they slightly reluctantly pulled away from each other so they could stand up and exit the theater back into the mall.

“Wow that movie was really good!” Sonata gushed.

“I know!” Moonie agreed. “Much better than I was expecting.”

“You weren’t expecting it to be good?” she asked, tilting her head a bit.

“I mean I wasn’t expecting it to be bad, but romcoms can be hit or miss.”

“Ooooh right. I think Aria just calls them all misses. Well actually she calls them, ‘Stupid sappy stories for idiots who don’t know better’,” Sonata said, doing her best impression of her grumpy sister.

Moonie chuckled a bit. “That definitely sounds like her.”

“She’s also SOOOOOOOO grumpy! I don’t get it!” the other blue girl remarked.

“I think she just has a...unique personality,” Moonie suggested.

“You don’t know the half of it,” Sonata told her then waved her hand. “But let’s not talk about her. This date is about us! And we-” she paused as her stomach grumbled loudly, “-should really get some food.”

“Yeah, I could go for something myself,” Moonie agreed with another chuckle.

They made their way to the food court and searched around at the options offered there. Obviously, sushi was out of the question, Moonie had learned that mistake from Blackbird. But she wasn’t sure what she was in the mood for right now. Naturally, Sonata wanted to get tacos but sadly it seemed the Canterlot Mall had no TexMex stand in it. But there was a pizza place that had a “taco pizza” as their daily specialty that Sonata laser focused on. Moonie chuckled as she followed behind her date and ordered two slices of the taco pizza for Sonata as well as two slices of supreme for herself along with a couple of sodas. Once they had their order, they took the trays and walked over to the nearest table.

“So, should I just get used to eating tacos every time we go out?” Moonie asked with an amused chuckle.

Sonata stopped mid-bite and a blush appeared on her cheeks. She slowly put the sliced down with a sheepish grin.

“Sorry,” she squeaked.

“No, it’s fine,” Moonie reassured with a smile. “I think it’s cute actually.”

Sonata’s blush deepened.

“I’m still not used to being called cute,” she admitted. “‘The worst’, ‘stupid’, ‘air head’, ‘Dammit Sonata’, all of those. But not really cute. Well aside from those creepy guys who want to hit on me at work when I’m out front but you’re way better than them!”

“I would hope so,” Moonie giggled before taking a sip of her soda.

“But anyway, I’ll try not to just eat tacos when we go out again,” Sonata remarked. “I know I get a little obsessed with them.”

“Like I said, it’s fine,” she waved off again. “So after we’re done here do you want to hit up the retro arcade upstairs? I hear it’s really good.”

“Ooooh that sounds like fun!” the other blue girl cheered.

A large smile spread across Moonie’s face at the response. The two continued to chat as they finished up their meal. Once it was finished, they hastily tossed their trash in a nearby bin before making their way towards the closet escalator. Upon reaching the next level they could already hear the various beeps and sound effects that echoed from the arcade. Apparently, they were closer than they thought, and it made Sonata’s excitement grow even more. She grabbed Moonie’s hand and practically started to drag her towards the flashing lights in the distance. Moonie giggled as she kept pace with her date, her own excitement for the games overcoming her. They came to a dead stop when they reached the entrance and Sonata’s eyes widened in wonder as she stared at all the flashing lights on the machines filling the spacious room.

“This...is...AMAZING!!!” she cheered gleefully.

“Right?!” Moonie agreed, a bright smile on her face. “Just think, every mall used to have these things! Must have been great, huh?”

Sonata nodded eagerly before she grabbed Moonie’s hand again.

“Let’s go! I wanna try all these games!” she exclaimed.

The other girl chuckled and pulled her back a bit with a soft yet firm tug.

“Slow down. I don’ have nearly enough money for that. Buuuut,” she smirked as she pulled out a small folded stack of bills from the inner pocket of her jacket. “I did bring enough money to let us have a few hours of fun.”

Sonata’s eyes lit up as brightly as any of the screens or marques on the machines around them. She followed Moonie over to the change machine and watched as she fed bills into it to end up with enough tokens to fill one of the cups on the side of the machine.

“Okay, so. Which game should we try first?” Moonie asked.

Sonata looked over the sea of flashing, beeping cabinets; each one displaying a bit of the game on its screen to grab her attention. Her eyes darted all over, trying to take it all in and decide which one was the most appealing. Unfortunately, they all looked appealing!

“I can’t decide!” she screamed dramatically, grabbing on to the side of her head.

Despite drawing some unwanted attention from the outfit, Moonie chuckled and put a reassuring hand on her bare shoulder.

“It’s okay. Here, let’s just do this one,” Moonie suggested as she pointed to one of the cabinets near them.

The other girl nodded and walked over with her date to the flashing machine. The marque on top of it proudly proclaimed that the game was called “Final Rage” and the screen showed three characters walking through a dirty city street and beating up other outlandish characters attacking them. Sonata stared transfixed at it as she stepped close to the machine.

“Ooooh what’s this about?” she asked as she stared at the screen.

“Easy,” Moonie said, putting the cup down on the side of the cabinet with a slightly clinking of metal, “a mob boss as taken over the city and kidnapped the mayor’s daughter so now you have to choose two of four fights to beat up everyone in your way to take her and the city back.”

“Sounds like the kind of game Aria would like,” she remarked.

“It does, doesn’t it?” the other girl remarked before she pulled out a few tokens from the cup. “Ready?”

“Yeah!”

Moonie handed her a couple of tokens to put in the coin slot before she did the same. The character select screen popped up and Sonata scanned over the choices. Before she could look at them too closely, she was slightly surprised by a loud “LET’S GO!!!” coming from the speakers of the cabinet. She glanced over and saw that Moonie had a picked a character named “Ash” who was clad in a blue hoodie with the sleeves ripped off, taped up fists, white pants and a long, brown braid flowing behind him.

“Wow that was fast!” she remarked.

“What can I say? I think he’s cute,” Moonie shrugged.

Sonata looked down at the character again.

“If you say so,” she said with a shrug of her own, though hers are more out of disinterest.

She then went back to the select screen and focused on the only female character of the group. The display said her name was “Fury” and she was clad in bright red halter top, matching shorts, black heavy boots and metal gauntlets on her arms, all topped off with a black leather jacket. She had a red headband tied around her forehead and the extra strands from it ran down alongside her bright blonde hair.

“Oh I like her!” Sonata said happily.

She pressed the select button that caused the familiar “LET’S GO!!!” to blare through the speaker before the screen faded to black.
“You ready?” Moonie asked, grasping the joystick firmly.

“Yeah” Sonata nodded, hovering her fingers over the buttons.

When the screen came back up, they were thrown into the thick of the action. There was a slight learning curve for Sonata at first, but she quickly picked up what buttons did what attacks. Once she got the hang of the game, it turned out she was a natural at it! They made their way through a seemingly endless barrage of bad guys. Level after level, life after life, token after token. Before they knew they found themselves facing the final boss.

And then, as is often the case, tragedy struck.

Sonata was the first to go down, her character suffering a fatal blow from the boss’ rocket chair. Shortly thereafter Moonie was taken down by two of the bigger goons that littered the screen. They both stared in disbelief as the continue timer started to tick down.

“Come on! Come on! Give me some more tokens!” Sonata pleaded desperately.

Unfortunately, when Moonie lifted the cup she was met with a very disappointing sight.

“We’re down to just two tokens,” she informed her date.

“Awwww!!!” the other girl moaned. “Well I, mean, I guess you could continue.”

“Nah,” Moonie shook her head. “Wouldn’t be as fun and I doubt I could take them all on by myself. Besides, we should use these last two tokens on something else.”

Sonata gave a defeated sigh and a reluctant nod before her eyes scanned the other machines for something else that might interest her. She found something almost instantly and she zoomed away so quickly Moonie could swear she left a cloud of her outline after her. Again Moonie giggled at her date’s antics before she followed where Sonata had gone and found her standing in front of her a claw machine with her face pressed up against the glass. When Moonie approached her, she saw what had caught Sonata’s eye, a small plush taco with tiny arms and legs and a big smiling face.

“Let me guess, you want it?” she asked with a playful smirk.

Sonata pried her face away from the glass to look at Moonie with big puppy dog eyes and gave a weak nod.

“Alright then,” Moonie said, rolling up the sleeves of her jacket for dramatic effect, “let’s get you that taco.”

She then slid the last two tokens into the coin slot and expertly started to manipulate the claw over the plush taco man. Sonata watched gleefully as the claw quickly descended onto the toy, clenched around it and lifted it up. She tensed up a bit as the claw wobbled its way over to the drop shoot, afraid the slightest only movement would dislodge it from its precarious grip. She let out a sigh of relief as it fell into the hole and Moonie quickly retrieved it from the shoot.

“Here ya go,” she said triumphantly as she held the plush out towards Sonata.

Sonata’s face lit up in delight and she practically leapt towards Moonie to give her an appreciative hug, nearly sending them both crashing to the floor.

“Oh thank you, thank you, thank you!!” she cheered as she hugged Moonie a bit too tightly.

“You’re...welcome,” Moonie gasped back, returning the hug even as she felt the air leaving her lugs.

Thankfully, the other girl drew back so she could snatch the plushie from her hands and hug it close to her chest. After a few seconds of hugging the toy she opened her eyes again and smiled brightly at her date.

“That was AMAZING!!” she gushed. “I could never get those things to work for me!”

“Yeah, well, when I was a kid, I really wanted a toy from one in a store, so I spent way too much money to get it and just kinda developed a knack for them,” Moonie explained with a bit of an embarrassed blush.

Sonata just shrugged nonchalantly. “Makes sense to me.” She then hugged the plushie to her chest again. “And it got me this cute little guy, so I say it was totally worth it!”

“I’m glad,” Moonie smiled but then quickly frowned a bit. “But I’m completely tapped out now so maybe we should call it a night. Plus, I think the mall is about to close anyway.”

“Oh,” Sonata noted as she looked out towards the mall to see some of the shops starting to close up. “Yeah, I guess we should go now.”

“Then shall we?” she asked, holding her arm around towards her date.

The other blue girl smiled before she hooked her own arm around the offered one and they pulled herself close to Moonie as they started to walk out of the arcade and through the mall to bring their date to an end.

( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( )

A short drive later, they were standing on the sidewalk outside of Sonata’s apartment. They stared into each other’s nearly matching violet eyes and smiled brightly at each other.

“I had fun,” Moonie said happily.

“Me too!” Sonata exclaimed in her usual cheerful tone. “Can we do it again sometime?!”

“Yeah, I’d like that,” she said, then her smile turned into an embarrassed grin. “Though maybe not for a bit so I can save up for it.”

“Well, I’m gonna get paid soon, so how about next time I pay?” the other girl offered.

“Sounds good.”

“Yay!” Sonata squeaked then leaned forward to give Moonie a quick kiss.

When she saw the shocked look and bright red blush on Moonie’s cheeks as she pulled back, a guilty feeling quickly came over her.

“Oh. That-that wasn’t too soon, was it?” she asked.

“No, no it’s fine,” Moonie reassured her. “Just caught me by surprise. But it was nice. I’ll just be sure to be ready for the next one,” she winked.

Sonata let out a sigh of relief. “Well, that’s good to know.”

There was a bit of an awkward pause.

“Well...I guess I should get upstairs now,” Sonata remarked.

“Yeah, I need to get going too,” Moonie nodded in agreement. “I’ll text you later.”

“Alright! Night!”

“Goodnight Sonata,” she smiled with a wave.

Sonata waved back before she walked inside the building and practically bounded up the stairs led to her apartment. She threw open the door in an excited rush which caused Aria to jump from her place on the couch.

“I’M HOOOOOOOOME!!!!” she announced cheerfully.

“Yeah, no kidding,” Aria grumbled as she stood up to face her sister. “So how was the date?”

“It was GREAT!” Sonata beamed. “We saw a fun, sappy movie, we got some dinner at the food court then we went to an old style arcade and she won me this!”

She finished her sentence by holding out the plushie taco man towards Aria. Though she quickly hugged it back to her chest.

“Isn’t he adorable?! I’m going to call him Mr. Taco!” she gushed.

“Of course you are,” Aria snarked with a roll of her eyes. “Well...I’m glad you had fun.”

Sonata’s eyebrow arched at the remarked and she shot Aria a suspicious look.

“Wait...you are?” she asked carefully.

Aria let out an annoyed sigh and rubbed her temple a bit.

“Yes, I am,” she confirmed before she looked at Sonata. “I talked with Blackbird and he helped me come to terms with this whole thing. I still don’t particularly like it but I’m willing to deal with if it makes you happy.”

Sonata’s face lit up like a Christmas tree.

“You DO care!” she rejoiced and looked like she was about to rush forward.

“Ah! But don’t hug me!” Aria scolded her, stopping Sonata before she even started.

“Fine,” Sonata said in a slightly deflated tone. “Still gonna say thank you though!”

“Yeah, yeah, whatever,” the older sister grumbled as she sat back down on the couch. “Still don’t know if I can see you two together like...that yet. Still weird.”

“Well, you better get used to it cause we’re gonna have another date soon,” Sonata warned her as she moved over to the bed.

She first carefully set down Mr. Taco on her pillow before she sat down to remove her boots, socks, gloves and tie. She was just about to remove her shirt when she heard Aria’s voice call out again.

“What did we say?” she reminded her.

“Fine,” Sonata sighed.

She then stood up, grabbed a pink sleeping shirt from her dresser and walked into the bathroom. A few seconds later she came out wearing the shirt and holding her top and skirt to her date outfit long with her bra and the hair tie that held her ponytail in place. She tossed all the items into her hamper before she sat down on the bed again. She scooped up Mr. Taco into her arms and laid down, pulling the covers up over both her and her new best friend.

“Are you going to bed already?” Aria asked in amazement.

“Yeah, I’m tired after my date!” Sonata shot back.

“Whatever.”

She stuck her tongue out at her grumpy sister but since Aria’s back was turned to her, she wasn’t sure if she saw it. But whatever, she knew she did it and that was enough. She rolled over onto her side, cuddled up with Mr. Taco and settled in for a good night’s sleep.

One that was she jerked out of a few hours later when the text alert on her phone jolted her awake. When she first opened her eyes, she almost panicked because she thought she had gone blind but quickly realized it was because the lights to the apartment were off. Apparently it was later than she should because she could hear Aria’s steady breathing next to her as well as make out the form of Adagio asleep in her own bed.

I wonder where she was earlier? Sonata thought in her half asleep mind.

Remembering why she was awake, she reached over and pulled her phone off the bedside table. When she pulled up her text chat, she saw the text that had wakened was from Moonie.

~Hope I didn’t wake you,~ it started. ~But I JUST remembered something I did that was the whole reason we started talking. I hope you like it.~

Underneath the text was a sketch of her standing on a cliff and looking out longingly towards the ocean with the wind sweeping her hair past her face. Sonata stared at the picture in awe for a few seconds before she responded.

~Wow that is AMAZING!! And so sweet! Thank you very much! It was worth being woken up for this! I can’t wait to see it finished! But now I’m going back to bed. Night!~

She set the phone down and snuggled up to Mr. Taco again, a wide smile on her face. Even though life had been kind of crummy for awhile, it definitely looked like things were turning around now. And that thought carried her back to dreamland.


The End

Author's Note:

Okay so this took me WAAAAAY longer to finished then I meant to! But, you know 2020 and all of that! But now that is is finished I hope you all enjoyed this fic and this new dynamic into what was already a weird romantic set up to begin with! Personally I think Moonie and Sonata are really cute together but I am super biased!

Hope you’re all ready for a bunch more shipping craziness to happen in the future cause I have many ideas! Hopefully they’ll all come to light in 2021!

Also I want to point out that having to describe the kind of arcades I grew up with as “retro arcades” makes me feel VERY old! Ugh.

Thanks for reading!

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment