• Published 9th Aug 2021
  • 925 Views, 8 Comments

The shadow heir - Void Streak



when dark magic is found in the crystal empire they realise that sombras hier is actually alive but what they dont realise is that the heir to king sombra is among them

  • ...
9
 8
 925

Escape

Spectrum shivered, the jail cell was freezing, looking around, there was nothing to keep her warm, she tried to use her magic to create a fire however the inhibitor was too strong.

Suddenly she heard her father call out to her through her mind ”Now do you see that your mother is evil and doesn’t care about you?” Spectrum only nodded in agreement.

”Good now you can redeem yourself and we can ignore your little betrayal never happened, but only if you help me” Sombra told her.

“Okay” she agreed reluctantly.

”Excellent, now I need you to tell your mother that you have changed your mind and that you want to help her” he ordered.

“Okay Daddy” she said before shouting for her mother.

***

Celestia and the main five were all sat in the meeting room “She talked to me and told me that Sombra has returned” this made everypony gasp in horror she then added “I asked her if she would help us but she is still blinded by her love for her father. We have to keep her locked up until at least we have defeated Sombra”

“But how can we defeat him without Rainbow Dash, the elements are useless” Twilight exclaimed, on the verge of full panic mode.

Applejack then asked “But ah thought that the Crystal Heart is supposed to protect the empire from him?”

Cadence then answered “It doesn't protect the empire it just stops him from converting the Empire back to his vision”

Suddenly their conversation was interrupted when a Crystal Guard told them “Sorry to disturb you, your majesty but Spectrum is requesting to speak with you” he informed them, saying Spectrum’s name with spite.

They all looked at each other with suspicion. Celestia then ordered the guard “Bring her here but make sure she is extra secured I don't want to let our guard down” The guard nodded before rushing of to finish his task.

Twilight then asked “What do you think she wants?”

“I don’t know but it can’t be anything good” she said.

They then heard the unmistakable sound of chained hooves clopping into the room. Several guards entered with their spears pointed at Spectrum Shadow, who was wearing hoofcuffs on all four hooves with her front hooves being linked to her rear hooves via a single chain, this had made it impossible for her to buck anypony, she was also wearing wingcuffs and her inhibitor ring along with a metal collar and chain leash, which was being pulled by a guard.

Her scarlet eyes looked up from the floor towards her friends and her mother. Celestia’s lavender eyes met her daughter’s scarlet eyes before she quickly looked away, out of fear or guilt? Celestia didn’t know.

“What do you want?” Shining Armour asked harshly, eyes narrowing at the prisoner.

Spectrum ignored him, instead focusing on her mother “I thought about what you said and I want to help you.”

Celestia didn’t trust her “What made you change your mind?” She asked.

She didn’t answer straight away “I got a change of heart” she answered vaguely.

This did nothing to ease her suspicions so she closed her eyes out of guilt and told het coldly “I’m sorry but I can’t trust you while your father is still out there”

“Mummy, what are you saying?” She asked desperation filling her voice.

Her eyes beginning to well up, she ignored her daughter and told the guards “take her away”

For Spectrum, time seemed to slow, as tears started to fall from her eyes. Hearing her mother telling the guards to lock her up seemed to confirm that her father was right and that her mother didn’t care about her.

She tried to fight against the guards who started dragging her back as she pleaded “Mummy, please I’m begging you. Please I hate it down there, it’s so cold and lonely down there” this made Celestia hesitate, opening her eyes, she could see her daughter in tears as she tried to reach out to her mother but was unable to because of all the chains.

Celestia then ordered to the guards “stop!” The guards looked at each other in confusion. Hope started to rise in Spectrum heart as Celestia turned to Cadence and asked “Is there anywhere else that she can be kept somewhere that is a little more comfortable?”

Cadence pondered before saying “We could keep her in her old room, the room that she was staying in as Rainbow Dash”

Celestia nodded before telling the guards “Take her there but make sure you lock the door, release her hind hooves from her chains but keep her front hooves and wings chained and keep her inhibitor ring on, I also want a guard stationed outside her room 24/7”

The guards then took Spectrum away. Twilight asked “Why didn’t you let her help us”

“I have a suspicion that her father may have contacted her” she explained.

Shining Armour replied “How? Its not possible the entire castle is filled with Dark magic sensors we’d know instantly if he was even near the castle let alone inside.”

“I don’t know how but thats why I had he locked up in her old room, to keep a closer eye on her” she explained.

***

“I’m sorry father” Spectrum said fearing that her father was angry at her for failing.

”I am disappointed in you Spectrum Shadow”

“I’m sorry father but said she doesn’t trust me”

”I don’t care, you are a failure, a disgrace to the family name. Now I will have to risk myself because you can’t do one simple task” Sombra told her angrily.

“I’ll try again, please let me show you that I am still loyal to you” She pleaded.

”Don’t bother” he snapped.

***

Sombra paced across the room thinking about how he could get into the castle. His only plan relied on his daughter who was trapped but suddenly he had an idea.

He telepathically communicated to his daughter and asked her “Is there a way to get that inhibitor ring of your horn”

”No its been locked on” Spectrum said miserably.

“I see that there is a wardrobe in your room, check it for any coat hangers” he told her.

Sombra could see through his Spell that she was checking the wardrobe and there just as he suspected was a bunch of coat hangers. ”There’s coat hangers but why would I need them?”

“Perfect, I need you to straighten the hook out and then jiggle it around the lock of the inhibitor” he explained, watching her walk to the bathroom and looking into a mirror she then started the process, which was made difficult by the fact that her hooves were still chained. After a lot of patience and perseverance, the lock finally gave way and the ring fell to the floor.

Sombra smiled at his plan working “Now the rest is simple, blast those cuffs of and blow a hole through the window. After you’ve done that, steal the crystal heart and fly to the outskirts of the city towards the mountain at the top you, will find a cave. That is where I am.”

”Okay, daddy”

***

Celestia and the rest of the main six were still sat in the meeting room, they were making theories as to where Sombra could be but so there they came up with nothing.

Shining Armour entered the room where he told them “We’ve searched the zebra’s hut but there was no sign of him although we did find large traces of dark magic”

All of a sudden they heard a loud boom. Cadance shouted “That came from Spectrum’s room!”

They immediately rushed to the room, where upon opening the door they found a massive hole where the window once was. Lying on the floor was the discarded cuffs and ring horn. Celestia had no idea how she could’ve escaped but through the hole, she could see her daughter flying away along with the hope of getting to know her daughter”

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment