• Published 22nd May 2020
  • 1,065 Views, 6 Comments

Affection For Each Other. - tam285

  • ...
6
 6
 1,065

4. Moving In To The Castle.

"Rainbow, the movers are here!" Twilight shouted, causing Rainbow to fly down the stairs, almost falling on her landing. Luckily, Twilight saved her with magic.

Standing in front of her marefriend, they shared a nuzzle and an awkward blush. "Heh, sorry Twilight, guess I'm too excited."

She gave her a smile and placed her hoof on Rainbow's muzzle. "Don't apologise, Dashie, just kiss me."

Rainbow gave a grin and gave a slow kiss, before parting for air, then proceeding to move to the big, towering castle doors (which were admittedly less terrifying than outside).

Opening the door, the stallions who brought the boxes from Rainbow's were flying away, probably to get on with some other work.

Rainbow grabbed a box and Twilight used her magic to grab the rest of them. "Wow, you don't have a lot of stuff."

"You expected more than 3 boxes?"

"No, No! I just expected a bit more from you, that's all!"

Rainbow facehoofed. "I've lived alone longer than you've been in Ponyville." Twilight blushed.

"I know but- YOU PLAY THE GUITAR?" Rainbow flew as fast as she could up the stairs, getting about halfway before being pulled back down and landing on her back, facing the ceiling.

Laughing nervously, Rainbow got up slowly. ".. Maybe? I forgot I had the thing, to be fair, Twilight. But I think I can still play some basic stuff.."

Twilight had the biggest grin in Equestria. "Honestly, can you get better?!" She jumped into Rainbow's hooves and made them both fall to the floor.

Rainbow got up for a second time, smiling. "I know you wanna be snuggly and stuff, but we gotta move my stuff to wherever it needs to go."

"Right. Let's head up to my room and see what needs to be unpacked." Twilight levitated all of the boxes in her aura and started heading up the stairs.

Rainbow felt bad for having her marefriend doing all the work, even if it was with magic, and even though she WAS an Alicorn. So, she did a little pounce and grabbed a box out of her aura and grinned.

Twilight looked back and rolled her eyes with a little smile forming on her muzzle.

When they got to the bedroom, they placed the boxes full of stuff and Rainbow went to presumably, take a shower.

"Call me if you need help, babe!" Twilight didn't take her eyes off the box, but she could tell that she was blushing hard.

Unpacking one box revealed Rainbow's family photos, wedding photos and a half ruined photo of her, presumably when she was about 7 or 8. She wanted to scream because Rainbow looked so darn cute.

Next was her gala dress, and by the looks of it, she had only wore it about one other time asides from the gala itself. The next box contained some very erotic magazines and some other stuff.
Twilight blushed at the sight and placed them back in the box, placing them under the bed, where they belonged.

The other boxes contained some clothes and other stuff that weren't interesting to her. At that moment, Rainbow opened the door and stepped out the bathroom. Her mane, coat and feathers were all messed up and she didn't seem bothered by it. But Twilight was, and she was going to sort it out before they went to bed.

Rainbow sat on the bed and helped unbox the final box while Twilight was looking over some other stuff in the one she had.

When she opened her box, there was something that she'd hoped that the movers wouldn't pack. And now that they did pack it, she wouldn't hear the end of it.

"What is it, babe?" Twilight was about to look but stopped at the sight of Rainbow. Her slightly open mouth, spread wings and huge blush said it all as to what's in the box.

Without saying a word, Rainbow grabbed the top and put it back on. Then, while still being silent, put the box under the bed. Twilight laughed and continued unpacking the final box.

In it was a picture of Rainbow's father. The image was signed by somepony, the writing was smudged so that pony was clearly shrowded in mystery for the time being.

Next to him was a figure that Rainbow knows very clearly as her uncle in Manehatten. He was holding some kind of trophy in his magical aura.

"Dashie, how is this stallion holding something in an aura?" Twilight was very confused, Rainbow however knew that answer.

"Oh, that's easy." She chuckled. "See, my uncle is a retired explorer, and he found this amulet which could make you levitate just like a unicorn, no matter the species."

"You mean the Amulet of Telepathy?" Twilight's face was in awe at such an ancient artifact being in Rainbow's family line. "But how?"

"He just found it hanging from a tree." Rainbow's answer was simple, but left more questions than answers. "But how?"

Rainbow shrugged. "He found it before I was born. He died when I was about 17, so I never really got a chance to ask him about it."

Twilight teleported next to her marefriend and gave her the biggest hug of her life. Rainbow rested her chin on Twilight's mane.

"Wanna go to the library? I have the new Daring Do book in stick, and I couldn't think of anypony else to spend my night with."

Rainbow smiled. "Definitely. Can't think of anypony else. And I thought the new one wasn't about to come out until next month."

Twilight chuckled. "I'm a princess, and I basically live in a library. What'd you expect?"

Rainbow released from the hug and shrugged. "Nothing much. Race to the library as normal?"

Twilight shook her head. "I'm pretty beat out myself, so let's just walk slow and enjoy it. We rush too much." Rainbow wanted to have a race, but I guess that would have to wait until Heart's Warming or something like that, since the holiday was so close.

Comments ( 1 )

it's a good story, but I suggest going over it with an editor.

Login or register to comment