• Published 22nd May 2020
  • 1,048 Views, 6 Comments

Affection For Each Other. - tam285

  • ...
6
 6
 1,048

3. Store Bought Appreciation.

Stepping outside, Rainbow was greeted with cloudy weather that she couldn't help out with due to the state of her wing. The air smelt bitter, but being a pegasus like herself, you were raised in the bitter smelling air.

"First step." she said to herself, looking at the checklist. "Flowers for the beautiful mare, chocolates, and another one of those hoodie since she just loved to wear mine so much."

Making her way to the center of town, she could of swore that some of the townsponies were looking at her. Most likely because of the bandaged wing or the messy mane.

She was surprised to see no queue for the flower store. Saying hello to Junebug, the mare who owned the store, she purchased a bouquet of red tulips. They sparked a long conversation about flowers and how lovely it was that she was dating for once. Shortly before leaving, she noticed a pony in the shadows. A little odd but odd stuff happens in Ponyville everyday.

Moving on to Sugarcube Corner, she was greeted by Pinkie at the main desk. After serving the customer in front of her, she basically jumped for joy.

"Rainbow!" Pinkie yelled, almost jumping through the roof. "How's things with you and Twilight?"

Dash just chuckled. "Amazing, thanks for asking!"

Pinkie noticed the flowers and instantly knew what she was here for! Heart pounding with adrenaline and joy, she pulled out a box of chocolates. Rainbow was starstruck that she even knew her order.

Pinkie winked. "The flowers were a dead giveaway."

Dash chuckled. "A long time ago I'd be questioning you, Pinkie Pie." Pulling our a small bag, she looked up. "How much for the chocolates?".

"She laughed." Dash, we've been best friends for 11 years, I think I can let this one slide!"

"Won't the Cakes be mad?" Dash asked, concerned. Pinkie shook her head.

"Business in Manehatten. Something about chocolate and cake.. And chocolate cake!"

Dash laughed. "Pinkie, never change! Anyways, I gotta go buy some other stuff, see you later!"

"Bye, Dashie!" she yelled back, already greeting another customer.

As she went to Rarity's store, she wondered and wondered. Finally she came not to Rarity's door, but to a conclusion. Whether society likes it or not, Twilight would be the mare that marries the awesome Rainbow Dash!

Then she hit the door. Rarity opened the door to see Rainbow, who she swiftly invited in.

"Greetings, Rainbow, how are things between Twilight? You've been part of the gossip circle in my book club for a few days." Rarity asked, resuming her place on the bench to work on another piece.

"Yeah, it's amazing! So, do you remember that jacket you made me about 5 months ago?" asked Rainbow, skimming through the clothes on the rack.

"Why, yes I do! Such an elegant piece, if I do say so myself!" she said, adjusting her glasses on her muzzle. "Why do you ask?"

"I'm going to get one for Twilight, so she'll stop taking mine every night." chuckled Rainbow, turning around to face her friend. "You think you'll be able to do some magic or whatever you do to get another one by the end of the day?"

Rarity say there and thought. "Why, yes I do!" Rainbow sighed in relief. "A customer ordered one a while back and cancelled the order out of the blue."

"Rarity, you're a godess. How much?" Rainbow asked, hoping the price would be affordable.

"Well, its meant to be 15 bits, but a romance emergency is required." Rarity pondered for a good 30 seconds, coming up with a price. "I'll settle for 5 if you can do that?"

"Look, you're a lifesaver, Rares." Rainbow said, pulling our 5 bits out of the bag she had and giving them to her friend. She went upstairs to get it and shortly returned, jacket in her magical grasp.

"Wow, what a coincidence that it's the same colour as my fur." Rainbow said, chuckling.

Rarity laughed. "Yeah, weird how that happens." Putting a hoof over Rainbow's shoulder, she winked. "Now go show Twilight how much you love her!"

And with that, she sped out the door, avoiding Rarity's requests to style her mane. She dodged an arrow there, thank Celestia.

Trailing back through town, she remembered meeting Twilight for the first time. She knew it was love at first sight. She'd spend weeks, months just trying to impress her. When she got told that she was Princess Celestia's student, she was devastated. Heck, she even thought about moving away.

But when Twilight grew wings, she started to glance at Rainbow more often. This boosted her spirits and tried to make eye contact on occasion.

One day, she got pulled aside by Twilight and she had to admit, she was terrified of what she was gonna say. But to her surprise, she confessed love instead of anger. Rainbow did the same, and then they went on not as friends, but as lovers.

Arriving at the door, she opened it to the warm air of cooked food. She had left with no breakfast and it was sunset, after all.

"Dashie!" Twilight yelled, jumping at her and wrapping her limbs around her whole body. "Where have you been all day?"

"I've been busy and I have some stuff for you." Dash winked, reaching into the bag. Twilight was jumping for joy at this point.

Pulling her hoof out of the bag, she pulled out the chocolates. "For the best mare ever!" she announced, watching the happiness turn into Pinkie Pie crazy.

BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE WHERE THAT CAME FROM, SPARKY!" She yelled, reaching into her bag of mysteries again. Pulling out a bouquet of roses, she watched Twilight go apsoloutely crazy, despite them being just flowers.

"And for my last gift..." Dash announced, sticking her hoof in the bag one more time, this time pulling out a light blue hoodie, identical to her grey one.

Twilight was stunned with emotion. She wanted to scream out of pure joy but couldn't, because her scream would most likely reach Canterlot.

"Awwww, Dash!" she said, poking her chest. "You're so romantic!" Trying the jacket on, if was the same colour as Rainbow's fur.

Dash gave an awkward laugh. "D-do you like it?" She asked, scratching behind her neck. Her response was a huge grin from Twilight and a giant yes.

Author's Note:

Finally finished! I've been binge playing assassin's creed recently and forgot anything else existed. Expect the next chapter to be delayed a bit xD