• Published 24th Feb 2020
  • 3,074 Views, 6 Comments

Gabby's Crinkle Curiosity: Curiosity Trapped the Griffon - Zubric



Gabby's curiosity get her into a bit of an embarrassing situation.

  • ...
22
 6
 3,074

Trapped in Curiosity

Gabby flew down the main street of Griffonstone whistling as she went and feeling very content with her work. With her delivery bags all ready to go, the happy mail delivering griffon made her way to the post office, eager for what the day would entail. Maybe it would even mean a trip to Ponyville if she was lucky, a chance to see those happy ponies that made her wish her own home town could be like theirs.

The post office itself was pretty bland, it was nothing more than a large, single room shack with a thatched roof. Griffonstone didn’t tend to get much big mail that often and those that ran it were still cheap on bits to fix it up, but it ran nonetheless. Gabby entered with a smile, peering around for Grindstone, the postmaster, only to see he wasn't in at the moment. “Hmm, wonder where he could be? Oh well, no big deal.” She thought and hummed, moving to the left side of the room where the few bags awaiting her had already been sorted. “Let’s see what there is for today’s deliveries.” She thought. Deep down the griffon really hoped for something for Ponyville just so she could spend more time in town, and with Spike too, hopefully.

As Gabby checked each sack she saw an unusual square-shaped package wrapped in a non-distinct brown sack as if to look as unimportant as possible. “What’s this?” She said aloud, but no griffon heard her. Leaning in closer to look at the tag, she noticed a few of the letters were smudged, thus causing her to squint. Tilting her head to side didn’t work out so well as she strained to make out the writing. All she could figure out was that it was meant for someone somewhere in Ponyville. “41...E...East, maybe?” Scratching her head she poked at the bag. “Well, maybe the contents will give me a clue.” She thought.

Undoing the knot in the cord, Gabby pulled the bag open and was surprised with what she found as she slid it out. It wasn’t something all too common to Griffonstone. “Diapers?” She almost squeaked. Upon a second glance, she noticed that the package’s contents were larger than the usual foal diapers. In fact, they seemed thicker, almost like they would fit a grown pony. Usually, she wasn’t the kind of griffon to judge the content of somecreature’s mail, but this one was very strange. Her eyes kept lingering on the light pink packaging poking at the bag. “Those do look pretty big. Can’t imagine them being for a foal unless it’s a really big one.”

For a brief moment, Gabby thought of perhaps opening the package to see what these diapers were about. Then again, opening someone else's mail was frowned upon in the delivery business. On the other claw, however, she could feel something calling her to in this package. “I-I wonder how they’d feel?” She shook her head at the bizarre train of thought. Why had she thought that? They were just oddly large foal diapers. She wasn’t quite sure why anypony would want these. She didn’t really know any foals that would be that big. Come to think of it, it almost appeared that they would be big enough for her. The more she stared, the bigger that itching curiosity grew, eventually overtaking her as she glanced around quickly before using her claw to cut the edge of the bag open.

As the large fluffy square poked up from the hole, Gabby blushed. “I’ll just tell them their package got damaged. It happens, right?” She told herself as she reached out and wrapped her talon around the square, noticing how it compressed in her grasp. Sliding the diaper out she pulled it closer, admiring the small blue circles printed upon that gave it an oddly welcoming feeling. “W-well, it can’t hurt.” She muttered, reaching the point of no return as she took one last look around before lying down and unfolding the garment, pulling it beneath her. Recalling back to the time she’d watched a mother change her foal, she tucked her tail through the hole, shimming it up until it was hugging her bottom. A short squeak escaped her beak as she sank into it and soon pulled the front up, taping the tabs in place.

Several seconds passed as the thought of what she was doing sank in for the griffon. Her claw squeezed the front getting a feel for just how snug it was. “Are diapers always this tight?” She muttered, struggling to sit up as she kicked her legs about before having to resort to rolling over like a turtle. Her hind legs nearly fell out from beneath her as she found her gait was much wider than she had expected.

“Wow, these are pretty big!” She exclaimed as the young griffon took a moment to adjust before walking in small circles, taking into account how the padding reacted. As she did so, a small part of her couldn’t help but think it looked sort of cute on her. Regardless of if she wanted to wear it a bit longer, she didn’t want to risk any more chances of some griffon seeing her in such a state. They’d surely mock and tease her, Gilda especially.

However, when Gabby went to tug on the tabs she found they refused to budge. Even with her mighty claws picking at the edges, the padding would only respond with loud crinkles for each attempt. “W-why won’t these things budge?! Did someone put glue on them?” Her cheeks began to redden as she sank her claws into the fabric, somehow not producing even the tiniest of rips. Sweat rolled down her forehead as she kept on desperately trying, backing up further into the room to hopefully not be seen. “H-how do I get this off? Come on!” But try as she might she couldn’t undo the tabs.

Reluctantly giving up on her attempt, Gabby quickly scanned the room’s surroundings. She grabbed a loose brown tarp and some rope, swiftly sliding it over her flank like a skirt and using the rope to secure it. It would probably flutter in a breeze and anyone below her would probably see underneath it, but it was better than nothing. Staring back at the package she groaned figuring whoever ordered these diapers would know how they work and how to get them off her. Now if only she could figure out the exact address.

Trying her hardest not to waddle, Gabby moved to the package and slid it back into its sack, securing it shut before moving to the door. She gulped, exiting into the street with a flap of her wings. “Here we go.”


The flight to Ponyville was fraught with worry each time a gust of wind would make her makeshift skirt fly upwards, exposing her pampered rear which somehow didn’t fall off. Each time Gabby would slow down, hoping to readjust it with her free claw, which just made her trip take longer. She was glad she had a general idea of where to look or whoever had wanted the package, but how was she going to find out the exact house? It wasn’t long until the rural landscape of Ponyville came into view, the spire of Twilight’s castle shining in the afternoon light.

Landing near the outskirts, Gabby double-checked her skirt realizing that such a shabbily garment was just bound to draw more eyes on her. And there was a second issue she was trying to ignore, a familiar tingle in her bladder. She at least knew a solution to the first problem remembering Sweetie Belle’s sister Rarity who owned a boutique.

The redness returned as Gabby fluttered carefully along, keeping low as she did. If she went to Rarity’s she would have to explain what she was wearing. On the other claw, maybe the unicorn would be to take this padding off of Gabby before it was too late. If it was a spell or enchantment then maybe it just needed magic to be resolved. After a solid minute of trying to think of other options and coming up empty, the griffon swallowed and carefully made her way to the boutique. At least she knew where that was.

I hope Rarity doesn’t think I’m weird for this. Or tries to use this for revenge.” Gabby thought to herself. She doubted the unicorn would but a part of her had a nagging fear of that happening.


Rarity had just finished up the last few stitches on her latest dress as the chime at the front of her store rang out. Moving on instinct she trotted to the front door, giving her usual spiel before noticing it was Gabby. it was quite easy for the fashion pony to spot the odd tarp the griffon was wearing, not to mention the rather large blush upon her face. “Oh, hello Gabby. What In Equestria are you wearing? And why are you here?”

“I-I’ve got...a problem, I was hoping maybe you could… help me?” Gabby stuttered, glancing around the open room of the boutique, especially at the windows. Her face scrunching as she was reminded of the other urgent matter she needed to tend to.

Rarity’s ears caught a faint crinkling sound whenever Gabby shifted her hind legs. “What kind of problem? Is everything alright, darling?” She asked in a blissful, unaware tone.

The words became caught in Gabby's throat as she tried to spit it out, her cheeks turning as red as fresh cherries. “I p-put something on and now I can’t get it off! Can you help me, please?!” She put down the package, shifting slightly.

“Do you mean that tarp?” Rarity asked, her horn aglow as her magic pulled at the rope.

Gabby squeaked in fright as the tarp fell, off revealing the bulky padding to Rarity. Despite being too late to hide it, the griffon scrambled to pick up the cloth to cover herself. “Can’t have any creature see! You have to help me get it off!”

“You tried on a diaper?” Rarify asked casually, rubbing her chin in thought.

Gabby nodded slowly putting her bag down. “I just wanted to see what they were like because they were so big,” She had expected laughter to follow her announcement, so she was surprised when she was allowed to keep speaking. “The package looked so fluffy and l…I put one on even though you’re really not supposed to fiddle with another creature’s mail. But now I can’t get it off!” She hid behind her claws out of shame waiting for whatever Rarity’s reaction would be. The griffon half expected a scolding.

“Oh, are they one of those magical kinds?” Rarity asked, walking closer as she circled behind Gabby.

“Magical?” Gabby’s back legs twitched as Rarity’s hoof pressed onto the padding. She was too embarrassed to comment on it.

“Yes, magical. I have had contact with a few...shall we say ‘special’ clients.” Rarity glanced towards the door before she spoke in a quiet tone of voice. “Said clientele have a certain... ‘hobby’ as it were.”

“A-a hobby that involves diapers?” Gabby squeaked, surprised by what she was hearing. She’d never heard of such a thing till now.

“Yes, while I’m not truly in the know, they have made comments to me while I’m fitting their custom attire,” Rarity explained as she pulled the tarp off to look at the diaper closer. “Some are more blunt about the desire than others, but I never ask for details. Nevertheless, some have mentioned magical or enchanted diapers that are custom made.”

“So why won’t this one come off?” Gabby kept moving ever so slightly, unintentionally swaying her padding toward Rarity.

Rarity tapped her chin. “I assume it’s enchanted so you can’t take it off yourself.”

Gabby blinked and squeaked. “W-what?! Why would some creature do that?”

“From what I’ve been told it’s to help you feel more dependent on the pony caring for you I think,” Rarity answered while reaching for the tabs. “This should be no worry at all. Let’s just-“ She tugged a few times, blinking as she moved to the other side and tried again to use her magic. When the tabs refused to budge she coughed. “Oh, dear. This is a problem.”

“What?! You mean you can't take it off?!” Gabby whined. She reached back to tug on it herself, the crinkles sounding louder somehow.

“I can’t, it just won’t budge,” Rarity exhaustedly declared. “I honestly don’t know what the trigger would be. Enchantments are more Twilight’s thing. Perhaps-”

“No!” Gabby protested, her wings flaring out! “I-I can’t let any other creature see me like this! Especially not Spike! And if Twilight finds out he’ll find out!” Her panicked eyes darted about quickly! Her tender emotional state couldn’t take much more.

Rarity attempted another tug. “But Gabby, dear, I'm sure Twilight can figure this out. Celestia forbid you end up using this thing for its...intended purpose.”

“W-what?!” Gabby shifted slightly, being reminded of her second problem. “I mean, c-can I just borrow a dress until I find whoever this package belongs to? Maybe they’ll know how to take it off?”

Rarity shook her head. “If you insist, I can find something that will cover up the diaper well enough,” The fashionista moved to another room, the shuffling of hangers could be easily heard as she scanned through her collections. After two long, agonizing minutes she returned with a simple yet casual sea blue coloured dress with white trim. “This should do nicely.”

Despite how nice it looked, Gabby still felt nervous as she slipped it on, patting it down over her rump. She was glad that it at least hid the diaper away for the most part. “T-thanks, Rarity. I really hope I can find the pony who wanted this special mail. It’s so hard to make out the address, it’s all smudged.”

Rarity nodded before leaning closer to the sack and examining the smudged label for any details her fine eye could make out. Taking out her ruby red sewing glasses, she glanced closer making hmm sounds as she scanned it. “I think I can make out a ‘6th Street’.”

“6th Street East?” Gabby asked. “Are you sure?” The thought of finding the owner quickly gave her hope she’d be able to escape the embarrassing predicament she was currently in.

“Possibly. It’s really hard to make out. But it’s the best that I can guess,” Rarity replied before admiring the dress. “Oh, you do look lovely in that dress, darling.”

“T-thanks,” The griffon blushed before moving to the door with her package. “I’d better get going.” And with that, she hurried out, still feeling like everyone’s eyes were on her as she made her way through the streets.


Even as the crowds thinned out as Gabby made her way towards her hopeful destination, her bladder was reaching its breaking point. Having little choice, the griffon darted her eyes around, soon spotting a shed and moved behind it to be hopefully out of sight. Knowing there was no way she was getting the diaper off in time, she took a few breaths before being able to reluctantly let it out. She winced as she felt the slow warmth swell the padding beneath her dress. The shame of it almost made her whimper, but she kept a straight face even as her tail twitched. She didn’t want to think about having to ask for a change when she found the intended pony for the package.

Slowly making her way back onto the street, Gabby quickly double-checked where she was before realizing she still had a block to go. “I hope the pony who ordered this can get this off me,” She mumbled, flying low to avoid walking and showing off a possible waddle. “Okay, let's see. 41...41 where is 41?” As she got closer and closer to her destination, she felt a weight in her stomach at the thought of what the recipient of the package would say.

The home in question was a quaint little two-story building painted a light blue. The front was decorated with a small flower garden. Making her way up the path, Gabby swallowed hard and knocked on the door. This was it. A few seconds later, a light green coated pegasus mare answered the door, her blue eyes staring at Gabby with curiosity.

Gabby gave an awkward smile, cheeks already flushed red. “E-excuse me, did you... um... o-order something from Griffonstone?”

The mare sweetly smiled. “I believe I did,” She nodded while staring at the dress. “I didn’t know mail griffons wore dresses.”

“Um… uh... Casual Friday?” Gabby blushed, shifting while holding out the bag.

“But it’s Tuesday, dear,” The mare replied as she took her bag and opened the parcel, making a face upon examining it. “Hmm, it’s open.”

“Uh y-yeah, about that,” Gabby shifted as the mare raised an eyebrow. “Can I come in, please? There’s something I need to tell you.”

The mare cooed. “Sure, come on in,” She led the griffon inside, waiting for the door to close before she turned. “I assume by your blush that you are a naughty chick.” She cooed, motherly wagging her hoof.

“I...well, um.” Gabby squeaked. Her shame was made worse as the pegasus mare unceremoniously lifted up the dress.

“Ah-ha, I thought so!” The mare scolded. “You know you’re not supposed to touch the mail, right?”

“I just wanted to try it on,” Gabby protested, her ears going flat. “Now it won’t come off. Please help me!”

The mare prodded the soggy garment. “Aww and the little gift had an accident,” She teased, the expression on her face implying that she was familiar with the situation. “I’ll help take it off, but you have to do something first. “

“What is it? Please, I just want it off!” Gabby whimpered, figuring she had no choice but to do what the mare said.

Taking the griffon’s claw and leading her down the hallway the mare sweetly replied. “Oh, you’ll see. My name’s Evergreen by the way,” Passing by a few doors the mare soon stopped at one with stickers on it, opening it to reveal a nursery sized up for bigger ponies

Gabby barely had time to take it all in before the mare pointed to the changing table. “Sit right there, please.” Not wanting to prolong whatever was coming Gabby did as she was told, hopping up and letting out an eep at the soggy feeling as her padding squished.

Gabby watched as Evergreen moved to a small fridge and pulled out something before walking back. “All you have to do is...drink this bottle.”

Gabby blinked, peering at the plain baby bottle. Its amber nipple was all ready. “A-a bottle?”

“Well I just thought you’d be thirsty after a long flight here,” Evergreen explained while giving the bottle a light shake. “Drink up and I’ll get the diaper off you. Simple enough, little chick?”

“O-okay.” Gabby hesitantly did as she was told, taking hold of the bottle and putting the nipple in her mouth. She had to press on it gently, afraid her beak might break it if she didn’t. A brief pause followed as the griffon realized what she was about to do. Then again she was already in a diaper and had used it, so why was drinking a baby bottle any different?

A soft suckling was heard as Gabby began to drink from the bottle, surprised at the rather sweet taste of the milk. She let out a squeak as Evergreen gently nudged her onto her back. “Don’t worry little birdy. Just keep going.” Evergreen cooed as she pulled the dress up.

The griffon was dumbfounded when the mare easily pulls the tabs loose sliding the diaper open. “B-but how?! Rarity couldn’t get it off!” Gabby asked kicking when some wet wipes were applied to clean her rump.

“That’s because it only comes off once it has been used. Don’t want to waste a diaper, after all.” Evergreen cooed swiftly getting the griffon all cleaned up.


By the time she was all clean, Gabby had finished the small bottle. The griffon sighed as she sat up, feeling free as a bird. “T-thank you, Miss Evergreen. But why do you do all this?” She gestured around.

“Oh, I have clients that from time to time feel the need to relax in a very special way.” Evergreen explained as she let Gabby climb down.

“I take it that means the enchanted diapers are involved?” Gabby’s cheeks reddened again.

“Oh yes, and other things,” Evergreen patted the griffon’s head. “Little bird being curious and silly.”

“Th-they looked comfy and I just...you know,” Gabby shifted about on her claws. “I’m sorry I opened your mail.”

Evergreen cooed. “It’s alright, I forgive you. I think the humiliation of flying over here has taught you not to do it again,” She smiled before putting a hoof on Gabby's shoulder. “Perhaps you’d like some none magical diapers to wear, though? You wouldn’t need to use them and I have lots of designs for those who want discretion.”

Gabby let out a squeak. “Eep! I-no! I... just don’t know! I mean… what if someone sees me?”

Evergreen smiled, gently patting Gabby’s shoulder again. “Oh, sorry dear, I’m a little forward at times. Sometimes some of my clients need a little push. Perhaps you’d like a pair of training pants for the way home?”

“Training Pants?” Gabby blinked.

“Oh yes, they’re called pull-ups and are for foals that are going through potty training. They have cute prints,” Everfree explained. To demonstrate, she held up a blue coloured pair with white clouds printed on it. “They are more grown-up than a diaper and some wear them to deal with bedwetting even after they’d normal outgrow them. You don’t have to, it's just an offer. But I thought you might like something to go with your dress.”

Several seconds followed as Gabby played with her dress, feeling very sheepish. The thought bounced around in her head for a solid minute. All the while Evergreen waited patiently, being a good caregiver.

“S-sure, it sounds alright, I guess. Maybe later.” Gabby retrieved her bag, holding it open as some of the pull-ups were deposited into it.

“Oh, but don’t you want to wear one?” Evergreen asked. “Not even to go with your dress?”

Gabby shook her head. “N-no, I just borrowed this dress from Rarity. I don’t want to be seen wearing those pants.”

Evergreen smiled. “Well, I could probably get Rarity to design something more discreet for you to wear. Something that would cover up those training pants so well even you wouldn’t know you had them.”

Gabby nearly bit her lip at the suggestion. “W-well, that would take a while. I don’t think I could stay.”

Evergreen only waved a hoof. “Oh, but why not take a break? You must be exhausted from your long flight. When was the last time you took some time off?”

The griffon shifted about in uncertainty. “I… don’t know. It must’ve been a long time. I’m kind of the only long term mail carrier Griffonstone has.”

“You could always just stay the night,” Evergreen offered. “And then we could work something out after you get back to Griffonstone if you ever wanted to try this again. It would all be our little secret, just as it is for all my little ones.”

“I’ll… I’ll think about it,” Gabby uncertainly answered as she rose. “But for right now I should… probably return this dress to Rarity. It was nice meeting you though, Miss Evergreen.” She rushed for the door, hoping that maybe some fresh air would enable her to sort out her conflicting feelings.

Evergreen spoke not a word as the griffon departed, she just smiled. A seed had been planted in Gabby’s mind. She knew from experience that it would only be a matter of time before her curiosity would grow from that seed and overtake her. Pretty soon she would have a new little one to add to her growing list.

Author's Note:

Evergreen is a mare form my other story: Diamond in Padding

Comments ( 6 )

Gabby's curiosity was bound to get her into trouble sooner or later. :rainbowkiss:

I just realized that there’s a spelling error in the story’s title.

10119429
Oh, would you look at that. Then again I’m from Canada so I just assumed that there would be a U in there

This story has been in my Read it Later list for too long, but I've finally read it, and I like it! :pinkiehappy:
Regarding the writing, I like that you used some not so popular words for describing things, I even had to use the dictionary to make sure I knew the correct meaning of those words, heh :twilightsheepish:
Now the story itself, I love the way you made Gabby's personality, the way you made her curious, innocent, kinda shy, it reflexes her personality on the show for me so I think this would fit in a canon scenario, even with the involvement of diapers, lol. The way you ended this story really feels like the beginning of her story, and since Gabby is a really cute and a very fitting character for this kind of subject, I think it would be very neat if you decided to continue on this one.
PS: I know you already have a story involving Gabby and Spike, but I think this one really could work as a separate one, as this involves her discovering on her own.

11662928
oh Thank you, also I suppose if I ever wanted to could make a sequel of some sort. It depends on how I feel but good point about her bieng a good character for it.

Login or register to comment