• Published 28th Jan 2020
  • 1,579 Views, 14 Comments

Spike Day - Mr Movie Magic



Spike is the guest of honor at the Crystal Empire's first Spike Day celebration.

  • ...
0
 14
 1,579

Chapter 2: The Big Celebration

We-e-e-e… Boom! Fireworks screamed as they rocketed into the sky. They burst into colorful stars among the aurora. What a dazzling sight it was!

Princess Cadance and Prince Shining Armor stepped out onto the balcony of the palace. “Attention, everypony,” Cadance addressed the Empire. “Let it be known that on this day, the Crystal Empire celebrates its first Spike Day in recognition of Spike’s twice saving us from harm. Let the celebration begin!”

The Crystal Ponies cheered and the Spike Day parade began. Dressed in a purple suit with green accents, the Grand Marshal led the way. Following was a group of Crystal Ponies playing the newly composed Spike Day Anthem on flugelhorns. The band was proceeded by the giant Spike balloon; it was so big it required a team of six ponies to hold the lines and guide it along the parade's path. Everypony oohed and aahed as they watched it go by. After the balloon came a float decorated like jagged dark crystals. Upon the float were two ponies: one dressed as Spike, the other as King Sombra. They chased each other around; “King Sombra” attempting to take a replica Crystal Heart from “Spike.” The eyes of the little foals in the audience were wide as they kept a close watch on "Spike." They cried out, "Look out! King Sombra is right behind you!"

Next came a team of athletic ponies, running and jumping as they represented the contestants of the Equestria Games. They were leading a float designed like the Crystal Stadium. A second Spike actor “belched” flames, “melting” the cloud of ice suspended above the float. The ponies in the audience were treated to a shower of mist and splashed with water as the cloud of iced was "melted." Everypony laughed and cheered, the excitement building with each performance.

The best was saved for last: the Spike Fan Club marched ahead of the grandest of floats upon which the Great and Honorable Spike the Brave and Glorious himself stood with Twilight, Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, Rarity, Fluttershy, and Applejack beside him. He smiled warmly as he waved to everypony. This was perhaps the greatest moment of his life, and what better way to celebrate than with his friends? The crowd went wild when they saw their hero before them. They all began to chant his name, "Spike! Spike! Spike!"

The parade made its way along the streets of the Empire and only paused when arriving at the Crystal Palace.

Everypony gathered around the base of the palace in the presence of the Crystal Heart. Diamond Solitaire led Spike to the Crystal Heart where Cadance and Shining Armor awaited. Spike bowed before them. After returning the gesture, they bestowed upon him a royal medallion in the shape of a purple translucent, glittering snowflake with a green center.

“For you, Great and Honorable Spike the Brave and Glorious,” Cadance began. “We bestow this medallion upon you to show our gratitude for your services to the Crystal Empire.”

Shining Armor used his magic to put the medallion’s band around Spike’s neck. He spoke as he bowed, “Thank you, Spike. May you be remembered for your heroic deeds for a thousand years, and for a thousand years more.”

Everypony gave cheers to their hero.

The Spike Fan Club encouraged the little dragon to give a speech. Shining Armor proudly gave him the floor.

Spike stepped up and, standing before the Crystal Ponies, he proceeded to speak. “Thank you, everypony,” he started. “I never intended to be a hero. When I was needed, I jumped in to help. I couldn’t stand around and not do anything when I knew that there was something I could do. What kind of friend would that make me? It’s great to have a day dedicated to myself, I’m not gonna lie! but being there for everypony is what’s most important, and there's nothing I wouldn't do for a friend in need."

The ponies applauded the purple dragon.

"I'm proud of you, Spike," said Twilight as she gave him a hug.

"I learned from the best," Spike replied as he embraced his best friend.

With his friends beside him, Spike enjoyed the festivities and games the Crystal Ponies had prepared. He tried on hats with Rarity, tasted Crystal cider with Applejack, played with the ewes at the petting zoo with Fluttershy, cheered for Rainbow Dash at the jousting match, decorated cupcakes with Pinkie Pie, and witnessed the marking of the holiday in the annals of the Crystal Empire's history with Twilight. At the end of the day, Spike had as much fun as a little dragon from Canterlot could have. He slept the whole train ride back to Ponyville.

Spike, the Mane Six, Cadance and Shining Armor, and all the Crystal Ponies certainly agreed that the first ever Spike Day was a day to remember.

Comments ( 6 )

10228876
Good news, I have completed the second chapter! Please let me know what you think. I hope you enjoy :twilight smile:

I bet that the whole country of Equestria will celebrate Spike day because (based on the first Cutie re-mark timeline) Spike saved, not just the Crystal Empire, but all of Equestria from Sombra.

I enjoyed this.

Great short story!!!

This is so wholesome

Nicely done.

Login or register to comment