• Published 20th Aug 2012
  • 4,336 Views, 179 Comments

Don't Stop Believing - R_O_Y_G_B_I_V



Lazy, carefree and lucrative meets spunky, sporty and rash. But the latter depends on the first.

  • ...
12
 179
 4,336

Chapter 9 & 10:

Once they had reached the office they were let in by the doctor, a man with a frog-face and a white lab-coat over-top of a white shirt and dress pants. The office itself held all sorts of machines and medical mannerisms. It took all of Rainbow's focus to stay focused and not run out of the room shrieking in horror from all of the sharp things that littered the room.

The doctor looked up from a file he was reading and addressed the two formally. "Hello, my name's Dr. Clarkson. You must Ray Marcone correct?" Dr. Clarkson extended his hand.

"Live and in the flesh." Ray took the doctor's hand and shook it. "And this here is my monkey-" Ray nodded back towards Rainbow Dash who narrowed her eyes at the comment. "-She needs a check up." He finished nonchalantly.

"I have a name you know" Rainbow Dash complained from behind Ray.

The doctor laughed lightheartedly and asked jokingly "well, what's your monkey's name?"

Rainbow Dash pouted further and made to speak, "my name's Rai-mmmff!" But before she could finish, Ray held up his hand to her mouth silencing her, and with a forced grin said "Jesse. Her name's Jesse Trudeau."

Dr. Clarkson merely nodded with a knowing smile. Ray had contacted him earlier and explained -albeit vaguely- the reasons why Rainbow Dash, or Jesse would act strange, and why she didn't have any of her papers on her. Dr. Clarkson was under the impression that Rainbow Dash was Ray's friend visiting from France, but along the way had lost all of her papers in luggage on the plane ride over.

She's supposedly having a check up due to a , as Ray put it, hell-of-a-tumble she'd had when she fell down his apartment stairs. According to the story, she was knocked out cold and woke up with a light case of amnesia, and what she had thought to be a broken rib. Ray informed her about that side of the alibi but kept her in the dark about the amnesia. It'd be more believable that way.

Under normal circumstances, this kind of "check-up" would be denied, but Ray knew a guy who knew a guy and so on. But in essence, this was a favor from the doctor to Ray. And a big one considering the depth of which this examination would be analyzed.

"Well, right this way Miss Trudeau" Dr. Clarkson smiled kindly towards the Rainbow headed nervous wreck of a girl. She didn't show it on the outside until they actually had to enter the doctor's office; at which point all of her inhibitions came back with a vengeance. Rainbow Dash hated hospitals and doctor examinations in Equestria, and she was damned sure not to enjoy them on Earth.

When Rainbow Dash didn't move, Ray simply rolled his eyes and grabbed her by the arm, attempting to drag her in. But she was surprisingly rooted right to the floor, stubbornly refusing to budge and inch.

"what the-... Come on Jesse we're just getting you checked out, make sure you're all healthy" Ray spoke as if he were talking to a child. But still the girl did not budge.

"Come on Jesse, it'll be fine. There's nothing to be afraid about, we're just going to do a few test and make sure that you're alright. Nothing more." The doctor encouraged her patiently.

"Come on, you're being a child about this. We'll get this over with and then we can go explain to Dmitri why I haven't been able to work for the past week."

Once more, nothing...

"Alright Missy, I give you to the count of three..." Ray said threateningly as he raised his hand, making a claw-like shape with the appendage.

"One..." Rainbow still did not move, though her eyes shifted to Ray's hand, curious as to what the threat was.

"Two..." Ray was wiggling the figures on his hand, furrowing his eyebrows at the stubborn block before him. Rainbows eyes grew wider with realization. He wasn't planning on doing that was he?

"You asked for it" Ray shrugged. "Three!" And with that, his clawed hand shot down to her sides, and in one viscous flanking attack, tickled the girl with all the might and fury of a thousand blazing white suns. While the girl before him screeched out in shock and involuntary laughter, Ray found no joy in this underhanded tactic. He especially felt no fancy for the need to deploy such measures in a public place for all to see. And all did see. Eyes were plastered to the scene of a wildly colored haired girl being tickled into the doctors office. But Ray didn't really care, whatever got her in the room...

Contrary to Ray, Dr. Clarkson found the scene that had unfolded in front of him to quite humorous indeed. He chuckled lightly to himself until Ray had succeeded in herding the rambunctious rainbow girl into the doctors office. Once she was securely in the room and seated on the examination table with that god-awful parchment paper that the doctors give you hell for crinkling- (I mean seriously, what are you supposed to do, hover on it?) Dr. Clarkson closed the door and took his seat by his desk.

Rainbow Dash was still sitting stiffly, feeling exposed -ironically- being the center of attention in the bland, sterile looking room. Ray noticed the slight trembling in Rainbow's shoulders, and in a rare act of sympathy, walked over to stand beside the exam table and grabbed Rainbow's hand in his.

The act made her jump a little at first, but once she registered what happened she relaxed significantly. Dr. Clarkson finished the necessary paper work and noticed Rainbow's much more relaxed state, deciding then to start with the examination.

Dr. Clarkson walked over with what Rainbow Dash recognized as a stethoscope. Actually, there were a lot of tools similar in design to the ones used in Equestria. But among the varying tools, she also noticed the masses of stranger equipment that she'd just seen for the first time in her life.

And just like that she felt like a little filly again going to get her wings plastered when she'd botched a stunt back in her foal-hood. That was the first time she'd visited a hospital, and she remembered being just as frightened as she did now. And it took a lot to scare the fearless wonderbolt-to-be daredevil that tamed the wilds of the great blue yonder and perfected not only the sonic rainboom, but now the -as dubbed by the flier herself- the silver-rainboom.

But apparently doctors with strange equipment in a world entirely new to her was on the short list of shit that drilled its way into that small crevice of natural instinct known commonly as fear that resided in the back of Rainbow Dash's head. And once again, she found herself trembling as the doctor neared her.

"It's okay Jesse, I'm only going to check your pulse, but I can't do that if you're under this much stress. Surely you've seen one of these before?" The doctor held up the stethoscope for Rainbow's inspection.

Rainbow Dash nodded meekly.

"Dashie, deep breaths for me. It's going to be okay" Ray tried comforting Rainbow using a soft voice that she'd only ever heard him use just now. It had its desired affect, and along with a reassuring smile tugging at Ray's lips, Rainbow was able to relax once again.

A light smile made its way across the doctor's features. "Alright then, let's see here..." Dr. Clarkson stuck the diaphragm against Rainbow's chest and listened.

Ray made to take his leave to sit across in one of the chairs, but Rainbow's grip on his hand tightened as when he moved, and when he turned around with an eyebrow quirked he saw the pleading look in Rainbow's eyes. I guess this really is hard fore her he thought and resigned himself to stand next to the table and be the girls support bar for the process. A sigh of relief escaped the girls lungs and Ray smirked knowingly and leaned on the table crinkling the paper and earning himself a death glare from the doctor.

Sheesh


The doctor continued to perform the basic examination tests: heart rate, blood pressure, reflexes, eyesight and lung capacity/clarity. Everything seemed be be perfect, and both Ray and Dr. Clarkson were surprised to find that Rainbow Dash had the lung capacity of an Olympic swimmer and the eyes of an eagle.

The only real oddity was in her measurements. She weighed almost fifteen kilograms less than what her BMI would imply. And with no visible excuse. Muscle and fat wise she was perfectly balanced. But still she weighed less than she should...

Aside from the mild discomfort of the cold of the metallic tools used, she found that she wasn't going to die. Which definitely relaxed her much more. She even began speaking cockily and bragging to the doctor after only a few minutes of inhibition.

However, when she had to surrender her left hand to be inspected, and with that let go of Ray's hand, she seemed to stiffen right up again. Ray and Dr. Clarkson both saw the pattern that had appeared, and with not but a quick wordless exchange between the two, Ray made physical contact with Rainbow Dash again by lightly rubbing her shoulder while the doctor examined the toned and refine muscles in Rainbow's arm.

Once again, the the contact helped to calm down Rainbow significantly. At first Ray simply thought that she was being a clingy baby, but he noticed that she wouldn't consciously acknowledge when Ray would break the connection aside from freezing up again. She wouldn't look over to him, or make it known that she wanted the reassuring presence. It was more like she needed it, but didn't know she did. Or at least wouldn't let herself know she did.

But holding her hand, or placing it on her shoulder wasn't too big a burden, so Ray obliged. After all, if he wasn't making himself useful like this, he'd just be sitting in an uncomfortable chair while Rainbow Dash was man handled by that doctor...

Wait what? Where did that come from? Ray thought to himself. He wasn't entirely sure, but for a few seconds, he thought he'd felt something he hadn't felt in a while. He wasn't getting jealous was he? No it couldn't be...

But as the examination continued, and the doctor only got his hands on Rainbow Dash even more, he felt that familiar heat rise in his chest again. He knew that the doctor was only doing his job; doing him a favor, but he just couldn't help the feeling. Especially when he inspected the muscle in Rainbow's leg that she had been complaining about ever since one of their jogging excursions a few days ago.

"hmmm, I'd say you might have just suffered a nasty Charley-horse and pinched that muscle. Give it time, but stay of it as much as possible. I know you athlete types" Dr. Clarkson tapped on Rainbow's leg making her flinch a little and chuckled to himself remembering when Ray came in one day with a similar injury and was back again the next day with a sprained ankle. The same ankle he'd been advised against over-exerting.

But Ray's mind was miles away from the topic past trivialities, and was more focused on the unnecessary amount of attention he'd given that leg. In his defense it was a very nice leg, and given the same opportunity, Ray would also probably abuse it a little. But he couldn't help having to bite his lip to keep from speaking out against it. He still wasn't even sure if the doctor really had given it that much attention, or if it was just his overactive imagination.

But there was one thing he was definitely sure of, that being that he couldn't wait to just get out of that office. He was starting to feel a little claustrophobic. Now it was Rainbow's hand that was comforting him, he felt.

Ray felt absolutely ridiculous. It seems like he and Rainbow had completely switched places. Now Rainbow Dash was talking animatedly with the doctor, completely free of her former fears, and Ray was wishing they would just be done with it already so he could rest easy.

But they were soon back their original positions when the topic of "x-ray" came up.

"Alright Jesse, have you ever had an x-ray before?" Dr. Clarkson asked.

"A what now?" Was Dash's reply, a incredulous look on her face. Ray inwardly sighed, he knew that his was going to traumatic if nothing else was.

The doctor chuckled again in his lighthearted fashion and explained "Well an x-ray examination allows us to see your bones. It uses electromagnetic waves known as 'x-rays' to take pictures of the bone structure of your body."

"Eh? How can you see inside me?" Rainbow asked slightly confused.

"The x-rays go through your body, but certain parts of your body are harder than others, for instance your skin is much softer than your bones. The x-rays look at all of the solidity differences of your body and represents them on a sort of graph that shows us the make up of the part we're scanning." He explained.

But it all went in one ear and out the other for both Ray and Rainbow. Though for different reasons. Ray was just worried about how Rainbow Dash would react to seeing the contraption that takes the x-ray photographs, and Rainbow just didn't understand the science-babble coming from the doctor's explanation.

But they didn't have much more time to mull over their individual concerns as they were soon escorted from the office to walk down to the x-ray center.

On the way to the room, Rainbow and Ray never released their grips on each others hands. But now it was more of a mutual thing than a one sided dependency.

During the walk, Rainbow Dash used this time to voice her concerns to Ray.

"So... how do they do this z-ray thing...?" She asked nervously, biting her bottom lip.

"X-ray" Ray corrected. "And they just have you lay down on a table like the one in the office, and then they have a dinosaurous-rex come and tickle your feet while you watch re-runs of Spongebob." Ray teased, a smirk tugging at his lips.

"Not funny," Rainbow Dash giggled lightly, doing her best to pout while resisting the erg to laugh at the absurdity of what Ray explained.

"No, but they actually just lay you down on a padded table and take pictures with this weird looking camera while you chill under some military grade metal blanket." Ray explained reassuringly. "It's over before you know it. Just don't freak out when you see the thing. It won't hurt you. Also I'll have to wait with the doctor, so you'll be on your own for a few minutes."

Rainbow Dash gulped audibly, and Ray's eyes softened and he gave a light squeeze to Rainbow's hand. The rainbow headed girl reciprocated the gesture and smiled at the ground, curling a lock of hair behind her ear. Ray's smirk widened at the adorable display. Yup, she's definitely easy on the eyes... Ray thought to himself fondly...


Once they had gotten to the room, Rainbow Dash took a deep breath, and pushed her way through the heavy iron doors. Once they had Rainbow all set up and covered ready for here x-ray, Ray finally let go of her hand for what must have been the first time in at least one and a half hours. And Ray felt just as alone as Rainbow did when they parted. The sensation was all to familiar, and all too real for Ray. But he'd worry about that later, right now he should be focused on Rainbow Dash. Who know's what she must be thinking!

-Man this thing is taking foreeeeeveeeeeerrrrr... I'm kinda hungry...

Oh yeah, she's gotta be thinking the worst! Ray thought to himself worriedly. But the next thing he knew, the x-rays had been taken. He figured this out by the shocked gasp and expression that came from Dr. Clarkson and his college. That definitely sent up some red flags in Ray's mind.

"What! What is it?!" He asked suddenly, startling the two doctors in the room with him.

"Look at this" Dr. Clarkson ushered him over to the display screen and showed him the x-ray pictures. All Ray could do was look on absolutely flabbergasted. What he saw on the screen before him, was the bone structure similar to that of a bird's.

"What is this?" Ray asked completely confused. If it meant what he thought it meant...

"It's an explanation as to why she weighed fifteen kilograms less than what her build should." The doctor explained. "I haven't a clue why, but she has hollow bones. Normally that should be a crippling if not fatal condition, yet she makes up for it by having the bones constructed out of naturally occurring carbon-fiber... It's like she was made for speed..."

Things weren't looking good, and Ray found himself feeling dizzy and light headed...

"And the weirdest part of all... it looks as though her bones have been shifted to to fit her body, which explains why she's been complaining about sore muscles. They're being pinched by the bone itself!" The doctor was getting more and more excited as he continued his explanation.

"But why would her bones need to shift to match a human body if she wasn't already..." Dr. Clarkson stopped dead in his tracks. A look of realization gracing his face.

The other doctor in the room voiced his opinion on the matter. "That's crazy Henry, she's obviosly human. There's no way she could be anything but. I mean, just look at her!" the doctor beside Clarkson gestured out the windowed room towards the rainbow headed girl, who waved back lazily.

"She looks human to me."

"But look at the scans! This could be- no this is revolutionary! This hasn't happened in the history of medical science! We have to tell someone-"

Dr. Clarkson was unable to finish his thought before Ray grabbed his shoulders firmly and shook the man angrily. "You will tell no one of this. Not a soul!" Ray then made his way over to the computer and immediately deleted the x-ray files from the computer.

"Hey you can't just-" The assistant doctor called out to Ray, who quickly turned around, and with an apologetic look on his face explained in a calm tone of voice to the man, "Look, I really need you to keep this quiet. I can't tell you why, you'd think I'm crazy-"

"I already think you're crazy!" The man interupted.

Ray set a pleading gaze on the man before him, and put his hand on his shoulder, the other hand was keeping Dr. Clarkson at arms length should he decide to do something stupid. "Just trust me. It's better that you just don't get involved in something bigger than you. Besides, this never happened" Ray nodded towards the blank computer screen.

"Dammit!" Dr. Clarkson cursed through clenched teeth.

"Look, I really am sorry. But this is bigger than just some crappy science fare blue ribbon. I wouldn't be doing this if I didn't have to." Ray Finished and made his way out the door, grabbing a confused looking Rainbow Dash and dragging her out by the arm, her shooting questions at a million miles an hour.

"Aren't you going to stop them? Call security of something?! He just made off with the discovery of the century!" The doctor's assistant cried out.

"No, there's no need. He's a good kid, I won't bother him" Dr. Clarkson sighed. "Besides, he didn't make off with anything more than his girlfriend" The doctor said menacingly, flashing his assistant the USB stick he'd taken from the computer...


Once they were in the hallway, Ray took out his phone and dialed Cedric's number. But before he could put the ear piece up to his head Rainbow Dash planted her feet firmly on the ground, stopping Ray along with her.

"Ray, what's going on? What happened in there?!" Rainbow Dash exclaimed.

"I think I'm ready to believe your story." Ray said calmly, once again redialing the number on his phone.

"What story-..." Rainbow Dash trailed off when she realized what he was talking about.

"Yeah, that story." Ray replied quickly.

"So where are we going now?" Rainbow asked as they started moving again.

"Well, first off we have to go see my boss. I have to talk to him anyways, and this wouldn't be the first time I've hidden with him." Ray said as he raised the ear piece to his head.

"Wait what? Why would we need to hide?" Rainbow asked.

"Well, I might have pissed off the doctors who made an... interesting discovery." Ray explained, trudging through the hospital. Thankfully he only ran into a few nurses and patients on his way out.

"Quiet now, I gotta make a call." Ray said as he answered the phone.

"Hey." Ray started.

"What's up?" Cedric was on the other line.

"start the car and be ready at the front gate." Ray spared no time with pleasantries, and Cedric seemed t have sensed this from the beginning.

"She's already fired up and waiting for you at the gate." You could practically hear the grin on Cedric's face.

"What? How'd you know we needed-"

"I figured you'd manage to fuck something up and need a bail. So here I am." Cedric said once again in his sarcastic tone.

"You're a life saver." Ray thanked him and hung up.

Once he'd ended the call they arrived at the hospital main entrance, and sure enough, there was Cedric's Green Honda Civic waiting for them with open doors.

"Quick, swan dive!" Ray cried out and grabbed Rainbow Dash, and before she could even question what he meant, jumped into the car's back seat with Rainbow Dash in his arms. Once they were in, Cedric immediately sped off and onto the highway.

And after the few shocked seconds of "holy-shit-what-the-hell-was-that", Ray and Cedric burst out in laughter.

"Just like old times eh mate!" Cedric cried out between laughs.

"Hell yeah Mr.Bond!" Ray also said between gasping laughs.

Rainbow Dash however was lost, but didn't question it. Stallions will be stallions she thought with an inward shrug. Though she witnessed another thing for the first time yet Ray was genuinely laughing...


All Ray had to do was mention the name Dmitri and Cedric knew exactly where he was supposed to go. Ray and his construction team had been working on a series of joint session houses for a developing subdivision out in the boondocks of GTA. (Greater Toronto Area. An acronym used by people living close to or in the GTA, not the game series)

Once they had reached their destination, they were bid farewell from Cedric who claimed to have had "shit to do". And thus, they were left with not but a wave of the hand and the roar of an engine. But before he left, said "Oh and tell my brother I send my regards!"

From where they were left off, they walked the remaining distance to one of the mostly complete houses where Dmitri was sure to be slacking off and yelling at the various workers slaving in the cold autumn weather.

As they made their way down the line of house to the end, where the most complete houses sat, Ray was greeted by his fellow carpenters, and a few braver of his colleges opted to greet him with wolf-whistles and cat-calls in honor of his 'guest'.

When they reached the more completed houses, Ray called up to one of his co-workers who was nailing shingles to the roof. Nearly completed roof.

"Hey, where's the boss man!?" He shouted up at the roofer.

"Boss man's down south three flats!" He called back.

"Roger-roger!"

"...What?" Rainbow asked confusedly.

"He's down here" Ray said and led the way to where he would surely find the beast of a man he had the 'pleasure' of calling his boss.

Once they made it to the building, Ray slammed on the door four times in a unique pattern, making different pitches with each knock, and after a few minutes, heard the tell-tale sign of thumping, tumbling and crashing as whoever was in there ran to get the door.

"VAT ISH IT!" A giant of a man bellowed down from the house's porch.

When Rainbow recovered from the shock of the hundred decibel battle-cry, she was nearly knocked back on her ass from the mere sight of the man that stood at least two-hundred-ten centimeters tall. He loomed over both her and Ray. Though Ray seemed to show no sign of fear at the sight of this behemoth. Instead, he actually beamed up at the scruffy, unsaved mess of a man, who only reciprocated the grin with one of his own.

"Vhat is this!? Vhy have you not been calling? Vhat heppened to you- You got in FIGHT again yes?!" The giant asked in his booming voice. Dmitri spoke with a thick Russian accent.

"Juuust a little bit" Ray said holding up his fingers a few centimeters apart.

The man Rainbow Dash assumed was Dmitri clicked his tongue and shook his head saying "Come come, let Dmitri see vhat ze damage is." Dmitri quickly ushered the two in.

"First zings first, who is Rainbow girl?" Dmitri asked pointing with a thick callused finger over towards the piece of person that looked the most out of place on a construction site.

"That's Rainbow Dash. We call her Jesse though to keep people from questioning too much. Jesse Trudeau, so please, use that name when referring to her."

"Yes yes, rainbow girl, dashing girl, Jesse girl, is all same to Dmitri. Is she reason vhy you miss two weeks?" He asked, speaking calmly for the first time since Rainbow met him.

Though when that topic resurfaced Rainbow Dash's expression seemed to drop, and she stared at her hands in her laps with a crestfallen look upon her face.

"No, she wasn't. The Red Jackets were." Ray answered, surprising Rainbow enough that she lifted her head to listen.

"Ah yes, you have had many clashings with these children, I remember. Come, let me see vhat was done" Dmitri said, sliding over to Ray.

"No no, Dmitri it's fine really, Florence patched me up goo- woah!" Dmitri ignored Ray's protests and lifted his jacket and shirt above his head, revealing the scars left behind from Ray's scrap with Toronto's 'baddest'.

"Hmmm... NATHAN COME HAVE LOOK AT RAY!!!" Dmitri bellowed at the top of his voice, forcing Ray and Rainbow to cover their ears.

All that was heard in reply was a large thump, and scattering foot steps. The next thing they say was a disheveled man panting for breath with a more than irritated look on his face.

"Dammit Dmitri I was working on the roof!" This new person spoke in a similar fashion to Cedric Rainbow noticed.

"Oh hey Nate" Ray greeted the person now identified as Nathan. "Cedric sends his regards."

"Yeah yeah, tell the bastard I said hi. Anyways, what's all this about taking a look atcha?" Nathan asked.

"Our little Ray of sunshine has been getting into fights again" Dmitri chided mockingly. "He has boo boo that needs licking."

Nathan just rolled his eyes at the man and moved over to properly inspect Ray's wounds. "Mmmm, yeah that's a doosy. Ho long since infliction?"

"Two weeks-ish."

"Florence did a god job, but not good enough. You got some swelling and it wasn't cleaned well enough. Here let's do this..." Nathan said distractedly talking to himself as he rummaged through a first aid kit that had been placed on the table mere seconds ago by Dmitri.

"Aha! Here we are. Bite down this WILL hurt" Nathan said as h proceeded to cut out the stichings, effectively re-opening the wound.

Ray let out a pained cry and it was all Rainbow Dash could do to not scream with him. She wanted to look away as the old feelings of guilt came back with a vengeance. She would've gladly taken his place in this, but nothing she did could make that happen. So she did the only thing she could do. She reached out for Ray's hand, which he gladly took in his own and squeezed a little too tight for comfort. But Rainbow Didn't move to take her hand away and sat through it all, wincing every time Ray let out a cry of pain, her very own set of tears stinging at her eyes as Ray's wound, the wound she inflicted was cleaned and sowed shut for a second time.

Author's Note:

Whew, fina-fuckin-ly. Two chapters, to say I'm sorry for the terribly long wait. Well, what'd you think?
As always your patience is appreciated, I hope you liked the chapter, and have a good night.

P.S: Sorry for no nekkid Dash Nathan :(

Spoiler: Next chapter we re-visit Equestria, and there's some more development between your favorite rainbow-haired heroine and her super sarcastic savior. Will it be good? Will it be bad? Who knows... >:3

Comments ( 42 )

WHOOP! An update!

YES! Update baby!

Also that doctor thing annoys me. Not the writing just that people do that kind of shit.

Well I would add a gif but since I'm on my iPod you'll have to settle with this…
WOOHOO HELL FUCKING YES AN UPDATE!!!!!!!!:pinkiehappy::moustache::pinkiehappy:
Now please hurry up with that next chapter :twilightsmile:

Ok I say we just kill the doctor because I FUCKING HATE IT when fics go to the, this is the discovery of the century mode. Which means to many people in the story.

Next chapter plz zzz I wanna know what happens next!! Thanks for the update though! Any idea when the next chapter will be up?

I thought you couldn’t put sad and comedy together.

WOOO!!!! Awesome chapter! Though I wanna punch the slimy doctor in his face:twilightangry2:

I hate you for that doctor. Trust me on this one...doctors would keep it a secret because of patient confidentiality and shit. if its a new desease they would report it and it would be done with and with new types of bone stuffs then they'd record it in the medical records or some shit.

yes people will ask questions but if you dare make them take rainbow dash I'm unfaving and leaving a dislike.

You legaly can't take someone from their home if its a scientific discovery! I don't give a shit if canada is a shitty country.

and you'll only prove its a shitty country if you do that.

Could you update more often If possible? Bated breath's not nearly enough to describe my excitement :pinkiehappy:

1925878 Woah now woah now let's watch ourselves here. It's a story, what good would it be if I followed every single logic to a tee? Yes doctors in real life would keep their mouths shut, but for the sake of dramatic tension and to make things more interesting, I put in that little twist in. Also you seem to be ignorant of how competitive scientists are when it comes to new discoveries. Do what you want with the like bar, but for now, have a little faith.
Also, keep hateful comments about nationality out of your mind and out of a random that encourages love and tolerance.

I like the boss

1925979

That was more to try to push your buttons and keep this tolerable...hell the mugging part was ok I can deal with that but....

personally my heart can't take Rainbow Dash becoming a science experiment :fluttershysad:

I lashed out cuz I CAN'T DEAL WITH THAT! oh man I can't! I can deal with them dying horribly but the loss of freedom is something I feel extreamly passionate about. :twilightoops:

Moaaaaar :flutterrage:

Great fic btw :yay:

This is a great story. I am really enjoying it so far.
images.wikia.com/mlpfanart/images/d/d7/Octavia_Clapping.gif
Can't wait for the next update.

1926130 It's Kay brush, bring it in *hugs* like I said, have an little faith. Just watch the story and see where it goes :raritywink:

1926499I used a french/English dictionary :ajsleepy: I know that Google translate is bullshit. The worst part of it all is that I have strong french background :facehoof: I'm looking for a fluent frenchy to help me out. But I try...

Moral of the story, Russians know best:D Merry Christmas from the Motherland, 2days late:applejackunsure:

I can't help but read the boss's lines in the Heavy's voice. :rainbowlaugh:

I like the series so far! Good job.

So that's the problem with Rainbow. Thanks Doctor, wait that sounds what people would say to Doctor Who. xD :twilightsmile:

I will now call Cedric "Mr. Bond" just cause. Screw those who tell me otherwise!:pinkiecrazy:

Damn man, took your time eh? But it was worth it, totally awesome!

1929019 Add in the factor that she's still in a completely foreign world, having only lived in her current body for a few weeks, along with all of the mind boggling technologies of our world. Not only that, but would the element of loyalty feel no remorse for being the indirect cause of her savior's injuries? But don't worry, the cocky, headstrong Rainbow Dash we all know and love will be back.
And I myself am kinda scared of doctors so that was a bit of my own bias... :twilightsheepish:
1927812 Because I'm Canadian and have strong French heritage (though my personal French is atrocious).
1926704 It's good that you're pointing out the errors, I hate rereading my chapters because it goes so slowly when I'm looking for errors that I don't have time to accurately take into consideration the pacing of the story. You should keep on calling me out on my b.s :raritywink:

Whooooo! Glad to see another update :D

Loving the story....... though i will admit and this is not the authors fault in any shape or form but... DAMNIT is it annoying to see the title of this fic and have Journey just start playing in my head on repeat FOR DAYS!:facehoof:

1934488 The fic was inspired by the song, it'll be explained later.

1934527 AHA!!! I KNEW IT.... Well alright then in the mean time I shall await the next chapter. On another note I don't know why but the thought of that song attached with the cover art for this fic just seems to .... I don't know... Fit.

1951976 Not even close, light speed is over 2000000 m / s

blue stars would be hotter, but i can understand why you would pick white

Moar!!!:flutterrage:
It's been forever since the last update and I'm dying to know what happens next!

Oh man, oh man. This is very entertaining! :twilightsmile:

Are you gonna keep this up? :fluttercry:

2328663 Working on it currently. I had to re-read it because I've gone so long without working on it :twilightblush:

2333400 Oh! thats good!! thanks you :fluttercry:

This is great! I need my FIX :flutterrage:

2464140 I will be coming back to this but school and work have kept me busy and drained of creative energy. I won't leave it though, this project will be finished

2487550
So you claim, yet the one year inactivity mark looms

As a fellow procrastinator, I can't complain about the time you've taken to write the new chapter considering that I've taken about the same amount of time for mine... but it would be nice to see what happens next.

I know I'm really really late saying this but great story really really like it and I hope it gets an update

I can't wait to see a new chapter.

I know it's been over five years, but I'm going to track this anyway.

Login or register to comment