• Published 14th Jan 2020
  • 956 Views, 164 Comments

EqG Tales: Ever After High Edition - Brian Sheil



Twilight Sparkle and her friends are getting together with new friends again. This time, it's the students of Ever After High.

  • ...
4
 164
 956

14. Prepare for Movie Night

Author's Note:

Time for me to wrap up the Wonderland kids with Alistair Wonderland and Bunny Blanc.

Twilight Sparkle has a checklist in her hand as Sunset Simmer stands by to help out.

"DVD player?" Twilight said.

Sunset looks at a new DVD player Twilight recently purchased. "Check."

"Projector?"

Sunset sees a wall projector on a table. "Check."

"Speakers?"

A pair of speakers was next to the DVD player. Sunset smiled. "Check."

"Extension cord?"

Sunset picks up an extension cord. "Check."

"Surge protector?"

Sunset picks that up too. "Check."

"Finally, movie screen."

Seeing the folded up screen, Sunset gave a thumbs up. "Check."

Twilight happily puts down the checklist. "Okay, Sunset. We're ready for movie night." She gives Sunset a hug. "Thanks for coming over."

"My pleasure, Twi." Sunset said. "So, what movie are we watching tonight?"

"That I don't know. I got a mysterious text saying that someone will bring a movie over."

"You mean, we're having a guest coming over?"

"I guess so."

A knock came from Twilight's door. She answeres the door, and is greeted by a young man with dirty bond hair. "Evening, Twilight. Evening, Sunset."

Twilight's eyes widened as she knows who the young man is. "Alistair Wonderland! Wow!”

Alistair walks in with a little rabbit wearing a top hat hopping behind him.

"Alistair Wonderland?" Sunset gasped. "What are you doing here?"

"We were listening to you two talking about a movie night in Twilight's house." Alistair explained. "So, we decided to contribute by buying a movie for you to enjoy." Alistar brings out a DVD from his shopping bag. "Have a look."

Twilight and Sunset sees the movie Alistair brought over. Sunset was very surprised. "Wow! 'Midnight Madness'. One of the funniest movies of the 1980s."

"Midnight Madness?" Twilight gasped. "Isn't that the movie where five teams of college kids flood the streets of Los Angeles in a wild scavenger hunt?"

"That's right, Twilight." Alistair answered. "We figured you can use a little nostalgia."

"When you kept saying 'we', who else is with you?"

Twilight soon saw the bunny rabbit at Alistair's feet. She got confused. "Is this rabbit a friend of yours?"

"That's right, Twi." Alistair replied.

Suddenly, the rabbit transformed into a teenage girl with bunny ears and a top hat. Twilight was shocked as the girl spoke. "More than just a friend, Twilight Sparkle."

Sunset Shimmer saw the girl and recognized her. "Hey. Bunny Blanc!"

"Hi, Sunset." Bunny greeted as she and Sunset hugged each other.

"Bunny Blanc?" Twilight gasped. "Of course. You're the daughter of the White Rabbit. Just as Alistair is the son of Alice."

"That's right, Twilight. Me and Alistair are a match made in heaven."

A few minutes later, Twilight and Sunset brings out the equipment to the backyard as Alistair and Bunny look on.

"So, how is this going to be part of movie night, Sunset?" Alistair asked.

"Just watch how it all comes together." Sunset answered.

Twilight paces her DVD player on a table. Then, she places the projector on top of the DVD player. Sunset takes out yellow, white, and red wires, and uses them to connect the two devices.

"I see." Bunny realized. "The projector will work like a TV set when connecting the DVD player to it."

"That's right, Bunny." Sunset said. "This projector can also be connected to a TV set, a video game system, and other such devices."

"Wow! Technology has a lot of good uses."

Alistair watched as Twilight plugs a wire into the headphone jack. "I see that wire is connected to those speakers. This way, you'll get great stereo sound."

"You got it, Alistair." Twilight replied.

After the extension cord is connected to an outdoor outlet, and the surge protector is plugged in to the cord, all three devices are plugged into the surge projector.

"There. We're all set." Twilight praised. "One more thing. Sunset?"

"I'm on it, Twi." Sunset responded as she grabs the movie screen. She sets it up for later that night.

"Now, all we need is some food to munch on."

"I got that covered." Alistair said as he pulls out his phone.

Later that night, all four friends were in the backyard watching the movie and enjoying some pizza Alistair ordered.

"This is a great night, Sunset." Twilight praised. "A funny movie to watch, tasty pizza to munch on, and good friends to share this night with."

"You said it." Sunset replied. "I wouldn't mind some alone time with Alistair though."

Sunset inches her hand to Alistair's. But, Bunny stops her and presses her hand down gently.

"Sorry, Sunset." Bunny stated. "But, Alistair is already taken."

Sunset gave a devious smile knowing that Bunny Blanc is right.