• Published 14th Jan 2020
  • 954 Views, 164 Comments

EqG Tales: Ever After High Edition - Brian Sheil



Twilight Sparkle and her friends are getting together with new friends again. This time, it's the students of Ever After High.

  • ...
4
 164
 954

7. Beauty on the Beach

Author's Note:

Next on the royals list : Briar Beauty.

Rarity was enjoying the peaceful atmosphere of the beach when she saw Applejack and Rainbow Dash readying their surfboards.

"Hello, darlings." Rarity called out. "Preparing for a little surfing?"

"You bet, Rarity." Rainbow Dash answered. "The waves are suppose to be intense today. Perfect for surfer girls like us."

"How about y'all go surfing with us?" Applejack suggested. "Rainbow and I can help you out."

"I appreciate the offer." Rarity replied. "But, I'm afraid not. Frankly, I'm not sure about how surfing works."

"Don't worry, sugarcube. Rainbow Dash and I can teach you. Right, Dashie?"

"That's right." Dash said. "With our coaching, you'll be hanging ten in no time."

Suddenly, a brown haired girl wearing a deep pink wetsuit and carrying her own surfboard joins the trio.

"Hi there, fellow adrenaline fans." The girl said. "Mind if I join this surfer party?"

Rainbow Dash quickly recognizes the girl. "Whoa. Briar Beauty? What are you doing here?"

"Things are a little slow back at my homeland." Briar answered. "Then, I learned that the waves in this beach are going to be big. So, I packed my beach gear, including my wetsuit and surfboard, and came here to ride the waves."

Applejack was a little confused. "Isn't your destiny to sleep for one hundred years, and be woken up by the kiss of true love? After all, y'all are the daughter of Sleeping Beauty."

"I know I have to accept my destiny, Applejack. But, I might as well live it up until that day happens."

"She does have a point, AJ." Dash added.

Rarity looks at Briar's surf gear. "I love this pink wetsuit you're wearing, Briar."

"Thanks, Rarity." Briar replied. "Pink is my favorite color, you know."

"And, I like this surfboard you have. Lime green with thorn and rose decals all over. Plus the letters E A H in bright red, signifying that you're one of the Royals."

Rainbow Dash got everybody's attention. "Let's quick squawking and start riding the waves."

Dash and Applejack rushed out to the water with Briar Beauty right behind them. In the water, the three girls see a wave coming.

"Looks like a big one coming." Applejack noticed. "Are you sure you can handle this, Briar?"

"I may look sweet and delicate, Applejack." Briar informed. "But, I am extreme in more ways than one."

Rainbow Dash pointed to the wave. "Here it comes!"

Soon, Rainbow Dash, Applejack, and Briar Beauty were riding the wave. All of them shouting and whooping with excitement.

"This is AWESOME!" Dash shouted. "The waves today are just wild."

"You said it, Rainbow Dash!" Briar said with excitement. "Yahoo!"

The three ladies were having a blast, surfing the big wave. Later, they were relaxing, thinking about that ride.

"When you were saying you were living it up, Briar," Rainbow said, "you weren't kidding. You rode that wave like a pro."

"Thanks, Rainbow Dash." Briar replied. "I did some surfing on the beaches in my homeland."

"That's how she got so good no doubt." Applejack stated.

Rarity came to the trio with a message for the visitor from Ever After High. "Briar, I think you better check your phone. You might have some messages."

Confused, Briar Beauty went to her sitting area, and pulled out her smartphone. She then saw some messages from some of her friends.

APPLE WHITE: Wow! Those were some amazing moves, Briar.

RAVEN QUEEN: Your surfing skills are hextacular!

DUCHESS SWAN: Watching you is like watching a water ballet. Nicely done.

GINGER BREADHOUSE: Sweet moves. And, I do mean sweet.

Briar was shocked to see those messages. "How did they see my surfing?"

"Easy, darling." Rarity explained. "I was videotaping your skills, and sent it over to your friend, Blondie Lockes. You know how she spreads stuff like this all over your school. I hope you're not upset with me."

Briar saw that Rarity was a little nervous. And, gave her an opinion. "My friends know that I like trying extreme sports like this. So, you didn't have to worry. Everybody loves my skills in the water."

"Glad to hear that, darling." Rarity then got another idea. "How about you pose with Rainbow Dash and Applejack for a surfer's picture."

"Good idea. Be sure to send me a copy when you're done."

"Deal."

Applejack, Rainbow Dash, and Briar Beauty posed with their surfboards planted behind them.

"Okay, dudettes." Rarity said. "Smile for the camera."

Rarity's smartphone took the picture. Now, Briar Beauty has a picture to show her friends at her school.