• Published 14th Jan 2020
  • 956 Views, 164 Comments

EqG Tales: Ever After High Edition - Brian Sheil



Twilight Sparkle and her friends are getting together with new friends again. This time, it's the students of Ever After High.

  • ...
4
 164
 956

23. Music Brings All Together

Author's Note:

A festival is in the city. Something Vinyl Scratch, alias DJ Pon-3, can't pass up. Along with another lady of the turntables.

Octavia Melody and Vinyl Scratch, Alias: DJ Pon-3, attended a music festival on the streets of Canterlot City. All kinds of musicians attend this festivities. The two girls feel at home.

"Oh, man." Vinyl cooed. "This totally rocks. All kinds of music can be heard."

"Indeed." Octavia said. "I would like it, though, if there was an orchestra playing here."

One of the patrons approached the elegant Octavia. "Not to worry, doll. There's going to be a full symphony orchestra at the park later tonight. That might get you interested."

"Thank you, sir." Octavia cooed. "I appreciate that."

Vinyl soon saw a white haired girl wearing a yellow shirt and a purple skirt. She has black streaks in her hair, and is grooving to the music. Seeing her, Vinyl calls out. "Hey, Melody." The young girl turns and sees Vinyl. "I thought that was you."

"Hey, Vinyl. What's up?" The girl replied.

The two girls hugged each other happily. Octavia came over, and soon knows who the girl is. "Melody Piper. Hello, there."

"Hey, Octavia." Melody greeted as she and Octavia hugged each other. "What brings you to this groove fest?"

"My roommate's idea. She figures that I need some excitement in my life."

"Octavia has been getting bored lately." Vinyl added. "I figured a day here might cheer her up."

"At least there will be an orchestra at the park later tonight."

"Of course." Melody figured. "Being a cello player, orchestras do amaze you."

Octavia nodded. "That's one way of putting it."

The three girls continue their tour through the festival. They came across some country style guitar players. The music relaxed everyone.

"I can imagine somebody play the tune of the Dueling Banjos here." Octavia said.

"One very comical piece. I'll say that." Vinyl added.

They soon watched a young lady wearing a long red gown playing a flute. Melody seems to like that music. "My father would love to hear this tune."

"Why not?" Octavia said. "You're father IS the Pied Piper of Hamlin. I believe he's Ever After High's music teacher."

"I like music as much as he does. Someday, I'd like to perform for many people."

"If you don't hypnotize them like how he hypnotized those rats," Vinyl commented, "when he was saving his home town."

Melody blushed, hearing that comment. "Touché.”

Soon, they came up to a stage with two DJ booths set up as an announcer comes up with microphone in hand. "Hey, guys and dolls. Are you ready for some groovy tunes mixed by our happening DJs?"

Everyone cheered. Even Octavia clapped a little.

"Well, it won't be for another two hours."

The crowd got a little upset. Vinyl included. "Too bad. I was all set to groove to the music."

"That goes double for me, Vinyl." Melody replied.

The announcer made a surprising announcement. "Hey, hey. I see we got the groovy DJ Pon-3 and Ever After High music maven, Melody Piper in the house. How would you girls like to get this party going?"

The two music girls looked at each other. Then, they gave a response. "OH, YEAH!!"

"Then, come on up! And, get these records spinning."

They enter the booths, turned on the equipment, and the music was pumping through the speakers. Everyone was dancing and moving to the music. Octavia was dancing as well.

DJ Pon-3 and Melody Piper. Octavia thought. Now, that's a musical tag team.